• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Girls und Panzer 03
So the team is finally full assembled! Wunderbar! Rommel's team continues to be the unsung heroes of the show and we get to see tanks get brutally abused :(
Yukari's loader gloves are awesome
Next episode is going to have some sweet tankery!
wahteva key animator assigned to handle a certain key scene with a higher budget which usually results in more frames of animation.

sakuga just a nerd word for animation, my point is it's not going to be consistent until every scene is given the same level of care.

funny how no one says anything until Geneijin pointed out my error.
It's usually more about more detailed keyframes and generally better drawn frames rather than the number of frames. Unless you have a lot of movement that needs more frames you aren't going to add them in even if your budget for that scene is higher. (and in that case you'll have more in-betweens rather than keys)
Edit:
Not a big deal but it was a
Japanese Type 10 tank
I see, I guess you're right. They do look pretty similar though. I blame the turret and not having seen one before in the case of the type 10.
That's what I get for not paying attention I guess.

wonzo

Banned
wahteva key animator assigned to handle a certain key scene with a higher budget which usually results in more frames of animation.

sakuga just a nerd word for animation, my point is it's not going to be consistent until every scene is given the same level of care.

funny how no one says anything until Geneijin pointed out my error.
gee i wonder why

cajunator

Banned
Sorry for being skeptical and all, but every turkey I've ever eaten has been just so fucking dry that I find it arduous to swallow. To me, the phrase "tender turkey" doesn't exist; it's like, "strawberry flavored shit".

I had sausage and peppers instead. The pilgrims would be proud!

Well you definitely havent tried my fathers turkey creations then.
Definitely not dry.
Just awesome.
I dont like dry turkey either.

Oh and Nafe, Rightstuf is 100% trustworthy.
They are the most legit anime company youll find.

wonzo

Banned
Blasty the Talky - Episode 8

Oh boy. Here we go. The anime has finally hit the point where the manga drops like a rock and crushes the brains of all those faithfully reading it. Unfortunately, aside from some expansions on the presentation of the military activities (which were pretty cool), it remained a largely faithful adaptation so far. Which is to say, no, this episode was not very good at all. Probably the worst episode in the series so far. But all hope is not lost. In the next few weeks there should be plenty of great action. I believe in BONES!

On another note, the writer for this week's episode is Keigo Koyanagi. He's a production staffer at PA Works, who usually works on setting development for their shows, and wrote an episode of Hanasaku Iroha. Since he's writing for a non-PA Works show now, he has either gone freelance, or he's another guy who Ando has brought back to BONES with him after leaving the studio. Too bad he doesn't seem very good though!
I knew that waiting would pay off!

Jex

Blasty the Talky - Episode 8

Oh boy. Here we go. The anime has finally hit the point where the manga drops like a rock and crushes the brains of all those faithfully reading it. Unfortunately, aside from some expansions on the presentation of the military activities (which were pretty cool), it remained a largely faithful adaptation so far. Which is to say, no, this episode was not very good at all. Probably the worst episode in the series so far. But all hope is not lost. In the next few weeks there should be plenty of great action. I believe in BONES!

On another note, the writer for this week's episode is Keigo Koyanagi. He's a production staffer at PA Works, who usually works on setting development for their shows, and wrote an episode of Hanasaku Iroha. Since he's writing for a non-PA Works show now, he has either gone freelance, or he's another guy who Ando has brought back to BONES with him after leaving the studio. Too bad he doesn't seem very good though!

Talking while striking the ground with a sword for 20 minutes is a pretty painful experience, all told.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I must be dead inside or something
everyone loves this show and I just cant see the appeal
It has girls. It has tanks. The girls drive
and interior decorate
the tanks. What else could one require?

wonzo

Banned
Sakurasou 3

sakupet3.jpg

a rare bath clipping midget is spotted in its natural habitat

CorvoSol

No, you have to watch Season 2. Trust me on this, it's worth it.

Is it worth it worth it, or "You-totally-have-to-play-The-Third-Birthday-for-the-ending" worth it?

Also, Shinn's petulant remark "Making excuses is the specialty of the Attha family, isn't it?" makes no sense whatsoever. Not only does Cagali abstain from making excuses throughout most of Gundam SEED, Lord Uzumi never makes any excuse, and certainly doesn't do so publicly in any way that would qualify Shinn to comment on that.

Cwarrior

Have you considered the possibility that people with lower tolerance for frustration than Geneijin and about as much regard for your opinions might consider it a pointless waste of time to respond to you?

It's nice that you admitted to making an "error," but your initial cockiness betrays that you really have no idea what the hell you're talking about (acceptable) while pretending that you do to give your arguments some sort of relevance & legitimacy (not cool.)

This is indicative of your posting style and quite possibly why many of us are reticent to bother dealing with you; see, for example, your recent discussions with Mandoric, after a bit of which he chose to run off presumably to enjoy comparatively finer and more fruitful pleasures, like repeatedly banging his head into a wall.

When has not being an expert ever stopped anyone from expressing there opinion?(it's an internet forum) I never once pretended to be an animator or major in animation but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion about animation even if my knowledge is about that of your average animegaf poster,I have no problem with being proven wrong as it is part of the learning process.

Am sure some posters would have enjoyed telling me am wrong instead of having settle for joining the bandwagon *cough*pizzaroll*cough*

Not sure which conversation with mandoric you speak of we had two, am guessing your speaking of the first, if the man/girl decides to bash his head against the wall cause I am too busy to reply so be it, am not going out my way in real life to reply to anyone.

Next time come up with real example instead naming names and not elaborating on anything.

Jex

[Pyscho Pass] - 7

This episode was garbage. I've always wanted this show to focus on building up it's ensemble cast of detectives by spending an episode devoted to their characters rather than just one particular case that gets solved in a single episode. In a weird way this episode granted my wish, which should really make me careful what I wish for.

This episode was pretty much entirely devoted to garbage dialogue being sprouted from the villains who spent most of their time either dumping exposition about how the world works or expousing their own terrible personal philosophies to each other. Just awful.

Dropped.

Jex

That's a shame. Show had some promise but I can't even bother to get caught up at the moment.

It's time to stop giving it the benefit of the doubt. It's been weeks. There's been no interesting character developments, relationship dynamics, story beats, plot developments or world building. It's all been extremely dry, dull and heavy. What's worse is that the show looks really bad, visually, in a way that's quite shocking considering Production I.G.s recent efforts. I know that Eden of the East was hardly a looked compared to, say, Moribito but it wasn't this ugly.

I really don't have anything to say. Oh wait, yes I do: episode 7 spoilers
Kogami, you're too close to this case, so you can't get involved. You'll start making ASSUMPTIONS.

Oh look, this case is exactly as Kogami predicted. I better not bring him back!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is that site RightStuf the only place to buy this? $150 still seems like a lot but it's also looking quickly at their site and apparently international buyers have to provide an image of ID and partially covered credit card? I suppose enough people buy from there without any problems but I don't know if I'm really comfortable with that kind of thing.
(
Yeah, they explained this because they keep getting scammed by people using foreign credit cards, so they need "proof" of identity in order to justify it. wonzo orders from them, and I think he's okay with them?

So, I got the US Bakemonogatari set in the mail today... the character commentary is amazing.
So jelly. Mine is still in the mail somewhere, and even then, I won't be able to get to it until later in December.

duckroll

It's time to stop giving it the benefit of the doubt. It's been weeks. There's been no interesting character developments, relationship dynamics, story beats, plot developments or world building. It's all been extremely dry, dull and heavy. What's worse is that the show looks really bad, visually, in a way that's quite shocking considering Production I.G.s recent efforts. I know that Eden of the East was hardly a looked compared to, say, Moribito but it wasn't this ugly.

Kogami, you're too close to this case, so you can't get involved. You'll start making ASSUMPTIONS.

I agree with this post.

K 08

I won't lie, till this episode I didn't even realize there were two main guys in blue. It doesn't help they look almost basically the same with their hairstyle and they both wear glasses. I shouldn't have to tell apart a character based off what color their collar is!

This episode has it all, lots of talking, some weird snack that no one touches, Sugita talking a lot, blimps, CG helicopters, even more talking!

Jex

Tiger and Bunny had an excellent first half. It did a perfect, and I really do mean perfect, job of introducing the cast, dealing with one-episode bad guys and developing main plotlines. It's really unfortunate that it got Sunrise'd towards the middle when the writers clearly scrambled to change the ending of the show so that they could extend the story needlessly.

Pooya

yeah, Psycho-Pass so far looks like they are dragging a shorter story to fill up more episodes. After this many episodes still nothing is really happening, it's just not moving like it should. It's 22 episodes right? I imagine this was probably a shorter story, Urobuchi works usually aren't this dry, I still think things will start happening at last but the pacing so far has been awful and the payoff in the end might be not worthwhile looking at what happened so far.

wonzo

Banned
never forget the fried rice lessons and the pretty long eyelashes

[Pyscho Pass] - 7

This episode was pretty much entirely devoted to garbage dialogue being sprouted from the villains who spent most of their time either dumping exposition about how the world works or expousing their own terrible personal philosophies to each other. Just awful.

Dropped.

Thanks for saving me from catching up on this with your noble sacrifice.

Dresden

zetsuen - 08

L147M.png

Spear tanks next episode, should be ownage.

Ando can still save the rest of this by having Yoshino knock Mahiro out next episode.

Tiger and Bunny had an excellent first half. It did a perfect, and I really do mean perfect, job of introducing the cast, dealing with one-episode bad guys and developing main plotlines. It's really unfortunate that it got Sunrise'd towards the middle when the writers clearly scrambled to change the ending of the show so that they could extend the story needlessly.

Episode fifteen is the real ending.

Branduil

Ducktrolled again :(

duckroll

Hey guys, remember that fucker duckroll? That asshole hyped the shit out of Psycho-Pass, posting news and updates about it every goddamn day. He even made an OT for the piece of shit show. What a goddamn loser. I'm never buying into that duckroll hype again. The guy has shit taste. This is what happens when we listen to scrubs.

o518s.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Yeah, they explained this because they keep getting scammed by people using foreign credit cards, so they need "proof" of identity in order to justify it. wonzo orders from them, and I think he's okay with them?
Yeah, I haven't really had any issues with them outside of the shipping costs.

protip: those dumb us/canada only restrictions that aniplex love to pull don't mean shit as long as you live outside of japan

Tiger and Bunny
Shit, you just reminded me of how good Sky High's episode is.

So fucking good.

TigerBunny_Ep1415_Pic4.png

:(
;_;

Hey guys, remember that fucker duckroll? That asshole hyped the shit out of Psycho-Pass, posting news and updates about it every goddamn day. He even made an OT for the piece of shit show. What a goddamn loser. I'm never buying into that duckroll hype again. The guy has shit taste. This is what happens when we listen to scrubs.

http://i.imgur.com/o518s.jpg
yeah, fuck that guy6 y.o. girl

Pooya

victims of duckroll hype 2012:

E7AO
PP
Magi

anything else? :p

Branduil

In all seriousness it sucks that we got another bad sci-fi show. There were warning signs for me with the way the producers were talking about the show and the feeling they were artificially and cynically attempting to manufacture a hit, but I still had hope that Urobuchi could deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom