• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

I am rational enough to know the truth but unfortunately emotional enough that impulsive feelings can override the more sensible part of my brain. That is itself part of being human, I suppose.

At any rate, I am feeling better. I've actually just started rewatching Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and I'm pleased to report that that show is still awesome. I could watch this all day. :)

hearthotoriqsrsr.png

:D

I'm most glad to hear you're a bit better!
If problems arise again, I hope there's some way this community can support you.

Grzi

Robotics;Notes - 07

Finally, a great episode. It's starting to get pretty intriguing, I just hope the series continues building the mystery aspect but doesn't forget the robot action part. But I want to see real robot action. Like the scene in this episode, when the karate chick was watching an episode of Gunvarrel, that looked really good.
It's easy to see that Production I.G. are making the best (and most) of their manpower work on this show - even if the art direction is a little bland, the characters are never off-model and it's animated reasonably well. Psycho-Pass on the other hand...
But man, who could expect that Psycho-Pass would be the last of the four Thursday episodes I'm watching...

Soma

I am rational enough to know the truth but unfortunately emotional enough that impulsive feelings can override the more sensible part of my brain. That is itself part of being human, I suppose.

At any rate, I am feeling better. I've actually just started rewatching Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and I'm pleased to report that that show is still awesome. I could watch this all day. :)

I really need to continue that show at some point. The first episode was fun and I loved the ritzy feel of that OP.

Happy to hear you're feeling a bit better too. :)

Jex

Things Jexhius doesn't approve of to such a degree that he refers to himself in the third person: Suicide Pacts.

Space Brothers 32:
Man, Azuma is just such a great character. This episode did such a strong job at conveying his feelings and giving us insight into why he gave the types of answers he did in his press conferences. The scene of his introspection as people are buzzing away at him was really well handled, and I loved his emotional reaction when
he saw them trying to pester his family

I really appreciate the extent to which Space Brothers goes in trying to flesh out all of the characters. No one just feels completely incidental, and a lot of characters feel like they could be the main character in their own show.

I like those character designs. On a semi-related note, it's strange to have some preconceived notion of a show then see the OP or something and realize you were way off.

Soredemo's? Yeah, I'm fond of the way Masakazu Ishiguro draws his characters and Shaft did a good job translating them into animated form. Of course, his designs are practically tailor-made for animation with as loose as they are.

(This is a good opportunity for me to pimp another manga by Ishiguro, Getenrou, which everyone should read if they read manga.)

4VmEG.jpg

If problems arise again, I hope there's some way this community can support you.

Thanks. This community is inconsistent, like any open Internet community, but there are a number of great people here who I appreciate and respect.

CorvoSol

Dating batman never goes well. You're pretty much going to end up dead.

Yeah, well, the other anime I've been watching don't have protagonists with any better circumstances, either: Sosuke Sagara- Kidnapped repeatedly and
possessed by a dead russian chick throwing a cosmic suicidal temper tantrum.
, Kira Yamato
dead or worse.
, and I guess Relena Peacecraft survived, but who would ever want to be her?

The lesson here is: don't date mecha protagonists.

NewFresh

oi what's with nerds and lists seriously

I feel like every time I peek my head back in here there are rankings/lists of some sort and I avoid doing them. Not this time!!

Most interesting show I need to catch up with-- From the New World

Most action packed DTL fun-- Zetsuen no Tempest

Show which I know I will enjoy but can't seem to start-- Jojo's

Least likely to watch ep 2 of-- Robotics;Notes

Least likely to watch ep 1 of-- Psycho-Pass

Worst show I am enjoying-- Jormungand

Best retro series I finished-- Rose of Versailles

Worst "retro" series I almost finished-- Hataraki Man

Ultimadrago

I feel like every time I peek my head back in here there are rankings/lists of some sort and I avoid doing them. Not this time!!

Best retro series I finished-- Rose of Versailles

Tonight...you.

(Okay, maybe not tonight. But I'm going to keep reminding myself to watch this, dammit!)

trejo

Yozakura Quartet - should I watch both adaptations or just the OVA?

Just the OVAs. If you're like me and are completely unfamiliar with the source material then you won't have a clue as to what's going on but it also won't really matter at all.

Glad to hear you're doing better. Was all ready to pull a femmeworth (back when she was ninj4junpei) on you. Remember, we're always here to talk if you're feeling down again and we don't want to see you miserable.

Yozakura Quartet - should I watch both adaptations or just the OVA?

OVAs and manga apparently.

Grzi

The OVAs.

Just the OVAs. If you're like me and are completely unfamiliar with the source material then you won't have a clue as to what's going on but it also won't really matter at all.

Cool, cool.
Yeah, I'm pretty much going into it blindly, I like the designs and expect some nice sakuga, but I thought I might give the TV show a shot if it's any good, since it's longer and I might be missing stuff with just the OVA. Guess not.

The OVAs give you enough information to grasp the basic character motivations, which is all you need, really.

NewFresh

I don't know whether to take you to task for disliking Hataraki Man or for describing it as retro.

Maybe both?

I put the quotes in there for a reason! I actually watched it based on your recommendation long long ago. I didn't hate it, just did not like it.

Edit: Yes the OP was great.

Cool, cool.
Yeah, I'm pretty much going into it blindly, I like the designs and expect some nice sakuga, but I thought I might give the TV show a shot if it's any good, since it's longer and I might be missing stuff with just the OVA. Guess not.

I would suggest you read the manga first. The OVAs throw you right in the middle of an arc with no context at all.

Jex

Everything duckroll said in that post is correct. Akito's CG mecha reigns supreme though.

They're pretty hot. It helps that they're CG mecha used in a CG environment with a camera that takes advantage of the CG. When you just slap a CG object on a 2D world then you get the problem because it's so obviously "fake".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom