• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Hmmm i actually got episode 6 mixed up with 4. Takami Akai the producer stepped down because there was a lot of shit about the production values used on that episode and some stuff to do with 2ch. He made a pretty funny comment about 2ch being like having your nose next to a bum and breathing deeply. Lots of drama.

I didn't notice anything wrong with episode 4. Oh God my memory is terrible.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Robotics;Notes - 05

PmZ5I.png

3wYjn.png

Kai knows what's up. XD

May need to re-watch this episode later or something as I found myself nodding off. From what we saw near the end it looks like
shit is about to get real.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_mc971ybEKe1roy8s6o1_500.jpg

Hmmm i actually got episode 6 mixed up with 4. Takami Akai the producer stepped down because there was a lot of shit about the production values used on that episode and some stuff to do with 2ch. He made a pretty funny comment about 2ch being like having your nose next to a bum and breathing deeply. Lots of drama.

Sorry.
I really hate Radiohead.

Instro

Psycho Pass 7

Man that part where the two dudes are talking about society was pretty rough. It lasted so long too. Actually, I feel like whenever the show goes on about anything at length outside the pressing matters of the current case it falters quite badly. Strange. I do still like the show though, the cases keep my attention, and the music is engaging. It's a shame that the same issues continue to plague the show, and that the production values are so mediocre at this point. I'm not planning to drop it though, I haven't really run into anything so far that has really turned me off from watching it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Anyone feel that the ending of episode 7 of Robotic's;Notes came on a little strong, I guess?

Then again, the whole show is kind of... suspense of disbelief. High School kids building a giant robot and actually managing to secure funding for it.

Anime is not realistic!

Anyone feel that the ending of episode 7 of Robotic's;Notes came on a little strong, I guess?

Then again, the whole show is kind of... suspense of disbelief. High School kids building a giant robot and actually managing to secure funding for it.

Anime is not realistic!

Is that really the part of the show that you find unrealistic?

I know I said I was going to watch more Cobra, but instead I went for Ashita no Joe episodes 1 to 5.

l3E3h.jpg

Even quite early on, it's not hard at all to figure out why this is considered a classic. It's already an entertaining story told well.

Joe Molotov

Nichijou 1 - 17

OMG, why did I have this show backlogged for so long? Soooo good.

POUHf.gif

Probably gonna marathon the rest of it tonight.

p9gyr.gif
KyoAni
e2fbd.gif

Risette

A Good Citizen
You have an entire generation growing up primarily on touch-only devices with games that are so laughably shallow that even entertaining the thought of a competitive scene for them is enough to make any sensible person break out into fits of laughter or games from platforms more suitable to the act of playing games mutilated beyond recognition
fixed for rationality

7Th

Oh yeah! Kittan is best. One of the best things to come out of TTGL, aside from the show (speaking of which are we EVER gonna get BDs??), are the parallel works, especially Kittan Zero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCRuxvDwMo0

Kiyal. Her flat chest, her tiny little shorts ♥

;~;

Have you read the manga? They actually gave Kiyal a super-extended role in it; she is an idol, she has a backstory arc about how she got her own robot and she actually goes
to fight the Anti-Spiral with them (with her own Space Ganmen and everything)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe Gun Ballad updates at 15 FPS, so that only 0.5 seconds.

Risette

A Good Citizen
People adjust, that's why we have console competitive gaming after all.
People can adjust but for them to adjust there must first be games for them adjust to -- first the developers must adjust to create these games. Competitive console FPS sprouted once a developer created a set of mechanics and rules that suited controllers; HALO. That is why we have a console competitive scene. Fighting game scene is just a transfer of the arcade scene.

I do not believe touchscreen-only platforms will ever have the potential for a developer to create something worthwhile for them due to their lack of precision and separated, specific control. There's a little potential for gesture based games (basing this on what I've seen with how far Apple has taken gesture-based functionality for general computing with their trackpads), but I can't see that being competitive even if it managed to work.

Watching episode 8 of Haibane Renmei right now, which is where I stopped watching last time. Still not sure why I quit last time, but I'm really enjoying it despite the fact that the show is making me feel things.

Edit: Holy shit, this episode is pretty depressing.

Instro

From the New World 9

That episode was really good. I'm very happy :D.

Fuck all that stuff at the end was tense as hell. Saki suiting up, doing some MGS shit, and then running into the lion. So good

Don't fuck this up Yamauchi, preview for next week looks sweet.

Jarmel

Banned
People can adjust but for them to adjust there must first be games for them adjust to -- first the developers must adjust to create these games. Competitive console FPS sprouted once a developer created a set of mechanics and rules that suited controllers; HALO. That is why we have a console competitive scene. Fighting game scene is just a transfer of the arcade scene.

I do not believe touchscreen-only platforms will ever have the potential for a developer to create something worthwhile for them due to their lack of precision and separated, specific control. There's a little potential for gesture based games (basing this on what I've seen with how far Apple has taken gesture-based functionality for general computing with their trackpads), but I can't see that being competitive even if it managed to work.

Developers also go where the money is. While certain developers like Zynga have gone belly-up, there is still a ton of money in portable/touchscreen games. We already have developers trying to create shooters oriented around touchscreens. Obviously none of them are what we would deem competition-worthy but it's not like there is a time limit on this stuff, all it takes is for one game to take off. Now as to whether it'll be specifically around fighting games as a genre? Who knows.

I would actually argue that gesture-based is much further off than touchscreen but that's an argument for gaming-side.

Narag

Didn't even realize CR had a year's sub for $50 as their black friday deal. All over that.

Looks like Sacred Seven and Eureka Seven are getting pulled on the 25th too.

7Th

I know I said I was going to watch more Cobra, but instead I went for Ashita no Joe episodes 1 to 5.

l3E3h.jpg

Even quite early on, it's not hard at all to figure out why this is considered a classic. It's already an entertaining story told well.

championjoe2.png

Gurren-Lagann reference? Dezaki confirmed for bro.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Nichijou 1 - 17

OMG, why did I have this show backlogged for so long? Soooo good.

POUHf.gif

Probably gonna marathon the rest of it tonight.

p9gyr.gif
KyoAni
e2fbd.gif

So good! A lot of love went into that show.

Have you read the manga? They actually gave Kiyal a super-extended role in it; she is an idol, she has a backstory arc about how she got her own robot and she actually goes
to fight the Anti-Spiral with them (with her own Space Ganmen and everything)

No but that sounds awesome. And she's an idol? D: fuck me! I routinely watch Kiyal's Magical Time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rinne no Lagrange - Kamogawa Days

vA1Rq.png
vijHO.png

You haven't seen anything yet Madoka!

Awesome special, and so glad it was 40 minutes worth! This takes place between Season 1 and 2 where
the gang have split in order to pursue what they felt was the right decision at the time
. With her two gal pals doing their own thing Madoka pays Kamogawa a visit to see some old friends. It wasn't long until we got some wan shipping to remind everyone of the dominating OTP of the show. There were some great moments aside from the ships, like Madoka's god-tier swag and some salt from the Three Stooges.

They also gave some time focusing on the second best OTP of the show,
giving us a look at how they're able to maintain their relationship regardless of the fighting going on between their brothers.

While I was having fun with the show, the real magic didn't happen until the last 8 or 10 minutes. Celebrating
Madoka's birthday
we're given a wonderful situation that escalated rather quickly. She tried her best to fend them off, but the senior Jersey Club members were planning on "taking very good care of her tonight" .

In short, it delivered that SDBurton goodness when you wanted it most. 10/10

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange - Kamogawa Days

Awesome special, and so glad it was 40 minutes worth! This takes place between Season 1 and 2 where
the gang have split in order to pursue what they felt was the right decision at the time
. With her two gal pals doing their own thing Madoka pays Kamogawa a visit to see some old friends. It wasn't long until we got some wan shipping to remind everyone of the dominating OTP of the show. There were some great moments aside from the ships, like Madoka's god-tier swag and some salt from the Three Stooges.

They also gave some time focusing on the second best OTP of the show,
giving us a look at how they're able to maintain their relationship regardless of the fighting going on between their brothers.

While I was having fun with the show, the real magic didn't happen until the last 8 or 10 minutes. Celebrating
Madoka's birthday
we're given a wonderful situation that escalated rather quickly. She tried her best to fend them off, but the senior Jersey Club members were planning on "taking very good care of her tonight" .

In short, it delivered that SDBurton goodness when you wanted it most and damn it was it great. 10/10
Yes. Yes. Yesssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom