• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
gas station meat pies and sausage rolls are the shit and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise to the death

I didn't notice it when I watched it due to the NEOGEO
Yeah, I was surprised by the NeoGeo and I only noticed it thanks to pausing it for a bit to do some stuff.

Speaking of the great NeoGeo, did anything come of that NEOGEO X system?

Well that didn't last very long.

Thanksgiving is over now.

still trying stuff (photoshop skills is a bit rusty).

Also, we all know christmas starts when pikachu flies.

LABworks360-Macys-Day-Parade-Pikachu-Balloon-Bob-Vila.jpg

duckroll

Btw, it is complete bullshit that someone who is so good he can compensate for lag and beat other low ping players suddenly becomes crappier when he has good latency. I have a friend who was really good at Counterstrike back in the old days, and he would play online with like 300-400 ping and own people. When we play at LAN cafes with 0 ping, he would STILL own us all.

So the guy in R;N is probably just a scrub.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
tis the season to spend in the name of a warped, coca cola version of saint nicholas

Yeah we need to honor the holiday more in the spirit of the pre-industrial Saint Nicholas who was the patron saint of thieves. Five-finger discount on presents!

LegatoB

Btw, it is complete bullshit that someone who is so good he can compensate for lag and beat other low ping players suddenly becomes crappier when he has good latency. I have a friend who was really good at Counterstrike back in the old days, and he would play online with like 300-400 ping and own people. When we play at LAN cafes with 0 ping, he would STILL own us all.

He didn't seem to be struggling in that scene, actually. Heck, it probably worked to his benefit to be used to those extra frames of input lag. Mechanical toy robots will react far less precisely than videogame ones!

And to add to that,
the guy can see in slow motion.
Dude probably sucks without that.

duckroll

He didn't seem to be struggling in that scene, actually. Heck, it probably worked to his benefit to be used to those extra frames of input lag. Mechanical toy robots will react far less precisely than videogame ones!

So it was false advertising by AnimeGAF again?! Figures!!

Dresden

Lag is different from lag compensation.

No, it's still bullshit because players can't differentiate between lag and lag compensation, a mechanic that has been in the series for years now. They don't realize that the horrible map and encounter design is at fault here, not lag compensation. It's just another buzzword everyone kicks around when they see a disparity between what they see on the killcam and what they saw on screen, which has been there since the implementation of the cam itself.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
While I'm still fellating Gainax, is it weird that one of the first things I'd do with a time machine (that had a universal translator) is go back and see Daicon IV with everyone watching it the first time it was shown? That must have blown people's minds.
I'll never get tired of Anno's hand-drawn explosions. Imaishi's are cool too, but they are of a completely different oomph.

This video makes me wonder why GAINAX never bothered revisiting the Daicon franchise for a full-fledged production with less copious amounts of copyright infringement. It would have been incredible.
Gurren Laggann 1-14
-Good animation
-fast paced
-interesting character designs
-good mech designs
-awesome action scenes
-kick-ass moments

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/13/so_good.gif
People will tell you to stop watching here because they say the second half sucks. Don't listen to those fuckers.

Dresden

Hey animegaf, still need more impressions for the next OP. It's your chance to shine! Someone will finally read what you write without the need for provocative screenshots! I forgot to include a gif in this post so I hope it doesn't go completely ignored!

Just something concise and brief, along the lines of stuff duckroll and kayos have posted thus far. Posts about shows no one is talking about (but I'm sure someone out there has to be trucking through) like Seitokai no Ichizon would be doubly appreciated.

kayos90 said:
Sword Art Online

Sword Art Online is a fun ride. It's easy to point out the flaws the show has but at the same time it's easy to overlook them. The beautiful backgrounds and vibrant colors, the excellent world building, and simple narrative pieces lends to a light entertainment enjoyable at any time. Think of it as comfort food.

Now seems as good a time as any to do a quick impressions recap of all the shows I'm still watching this season:

S-Tier (The best of the best this season)

Girls und Panzer
This turned out to be a fantastic show which keeps getting better each week. Taking the concept of a large all girls cast and fusing it with a shounen sports concept featuring WW2 tanks in safe and friendly competitive war games is one crazy idea, but it totally works. Filled with charm, humor and fun.

Zetsuen no Tempest
Andogod returns to BONES to show the world once again what he and the studio are capable of given the right resources. The direction here is really in a class of its own, and the action set pieces are extremely well thought out and often executed with outstanding animation. The orchestrated soundtrack is fantastic, and really elevates the tone of the work. This show also features some of the best voice work I've heard in a long time.

Code:Breaker
This show is cheesy, over-the-top, and kinda stupid at times, but it is also full of classic 90s shounen action flavor. Everything from the character designs, the action, the script, and the music is totally retro in a good and fun way. Nice effects animation and a badass lead who's a stone cold killer doesn't hurt either.

yami4ct

I'll never get tired of Anno's hand-drawn explosions. Imaishi's are cool too, but they are of a completely different oomph.

This video makes me wonder why GAINAX never bothered revisiting the Daicon franchise for a full-fledged production with less copious amounts of copyright infringement. It would have been incredible.

People will tell you to stop watching here because they say the second half sucks.

Don't listen to those fuckers.

People don't like the second half? Really? Personally, I don't like the first half very much, but at least got some enjoyment out of the crazy second half. The fact I kind of dislike GL may have contributed to this.

CorvoSol

Gurren Laggann 1-14
-Good animation
-fast paced
-interesting character designs
-good mech designs
-awesome action scenes
-kick-ass moments

so_good.gif

I'm only through episode 8, but this is my assessment as well.

I'm really enjoying the big/little brother aspect, too, since I'm the middle brother and know both sides of it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I personally prefer the movie version of the second half of TTGL, it cleans up some of the issues I had with the TV version.

Hey animegaf, still need more impressions for the next OP. It's your chance to shine! Someone will finally read what you write without the need for provocative screenshots! I forgot to include a gif in this post so I hope it doesn't go completely ignored!

Just something concise and brief, along the lines of stuff duckroll and kayos have posted thus far. Posts about shows no one is talking about (but I'm sure someone out there has to be trucking through) like Seitokai no Ichizon would be doubly appreciated.

SAO:

Show is retarded, but oddly addicting. Has action, mmo aspects, incest, bouncy boobs, round bottoms. It's everything one needs out of anime.

Girls und Panzer:

Cute girls doing cute things, but now with tanks ripped from Valkyria Chronicles.

Hayate

Season 3 of the show. If you haven't read the manga, nothing makes sense. New art is ugly.

Tonari no kaibutsu

shoujo ass shoujo. Good cast, cute girls, sexy males. Fun show with a romance that naturally never progresses.

chuunibyou
kyoani shit. It's often soo cute that it hurts. Seems like stuff is getting heavier now, which not everyone likes.

Magi

It's standard ass adventure shounen. Girl has nice thighs. Aladdin also likes boobs.

Jojo
It's barely 'animation', but it's packed full of yelling, manly tears, manly men doing manly man stuff.

Medaka box abnormal

Shounen nonsense. Like real nonsense. It's quite enjoyable though.

yami4ct

Man, seeing people love TTGL always makes me confused. Not by why they do like it, but why I don't. I adore mecha shows. I adore insanity. Yet walking away from TTGL, I really didn't feel a thing. My tastes shall forever remain a mystery to me.

To Love-Ru Darkness
A more perverted To Love-Ru, but with that, also censored to hell. Unless you enjoy looking at nothing, wait for the BDs.

Uchip

Banned
Man, seeing people love TTGL always makes me confused. Not by why they do like it, but why I don't. I adore mecha shows. I adore insanity. Yet walking away from TTGL, I really didn't feel a thing. My tastes shall forever remain a mystery to me.

the mecha look far too silly for me to take anything in the show seriously
and this is before the
galaxy throwing
and it really does want you to become emotionally invested in it, its just a bit of a disconnect that I cant get passed, and perhaps you couldnt either.

yami4ct

Blast of Tempest
Undoubtedly super pretty, but also weirdly hollow. The action is the best of the season. The plot seems dreary, and the characters bland. Still a great bit of fun.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
My favorite show of the season. It's just so 90's. Manly men, extreme fights, and fantastic rock music. The animation is super cheap, but I feel they get away with it. It looks pretty good when it counts.

sonicmj1

I think convenience stores are actually more popular in Japan than they are here. Another glorious American export.

They're more popular in Japan because they are better. Japan improves all things they import from America, like the car, the video game, and the toilet.

In a convenience store in Japan, I can print documents, pay my bills, get meals (with token amounts of boiled vegetables) which they will reheat for me, and order packages. They are magical, wondrous places. I've been eating conbini bento dinners almost daily for months because I am too lazy to cook.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Here you go Dresden,

Teekyuu Impressions (Teekyuu style):

Sleeperhitcomedysportsshowoftheseasonthatnoonesawcomingithasawesomecharactersrangingfromyourstraightmantobreastfondlingchildstealingpantysniffinglesbianitsalsofiveminutesanepisodesotheresnoreasonwhyyoushouldbemissingoutsogowatchitrightnowandjoininonthefunkay?!!

SDBurton Yuri Rating: 82%

If it is really troublesome to read let me know. :lol

Dresden

Here you go Dresden,

Teekyuu Impressions (Teekyuu style):

Sleeperhitcomedysportsshowoftheseasonthatnoonesawcomingithasawesomecharactersrangingfromyourstraightmantobreastfondlingchildstealingpantysniffinglesbianitsalsofiveminutesanepisodesotheresnoreasonwhyyoushouldbemissingoutsogowatchitrightnowandjoininonthefunkay?!!

SDBurton Yuri Rating: 82%

If it is really troublesome to read let me know. :lol

There's a space in your post, I can't use this. 64%

nah it's no problem

Kazzy

Here is my laughable attempt at being succinct, Dresen! Edit as you like.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

It takes it's premise of teenagers, trapped in a state of arrested development (you try explaining chuunibyou), and only builds on it with each subsequent episode. It's got the usual KyoAni touch, with the animation, music, and most other aspects being a given. That's not to say it hasn't been a surprise package, though, as it continues to find ways to remain fresh and rise above, what might initially appear to be a shallow package. Moe on the outside, hard on the inside. WOOP WOOP!

Wooser no Sono Higurashi
Does the voice of Mamoru Miyano excite you? Does the thought of Mamoru Miyano talking like a sexy host makes your inner fangirl squeal? Then, this is the show for you, as you can listen to Wooser talk about panties, skirts and whatever the hell he wants!

Ixion Saga DT
Take a cliched fantasy plot of normal guy getting tossed into a fantasy world and load it with as much innuendo as possible and you get this! Toss in the skills of Brain Base and you have this somewhat decent comedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom