• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
NEXT A-Class

nextaclass.jpg

A 6 minute OVA financed by Mercedes-Benz about three people (designed by Sadamoto!!!!!!) chasing a legendary moving ramen stand wanting to get a taste of its legendary meal. It's actually kinda fun if you can look past the CG cars which are actually pretty good when compared to what you usually see nowadays. Worth checking out!

Medaka Box Abnormal - 07

What do you see first in this image?
the buns ofc

Episode 20 airs today ;___;
:(

Probably way late on this but more Kino???

I hope it's not a 4koma or something.
oommmggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Jex

[JoJo's Bizarre Adventure] - 8

JoJo8.jpg

Pretty much everything I could say or post a picture of from this episode would be a spoiler considering that it's packed full of goodness. So I won't say anything at all.

Dresden

sakurasou - 07

So basically, from what's been dropped the past two episodes,
Jin runs to Osaka as per the reveal in episode 6 and Misaki will drive there to chase him down with her new license in episode 7.
Sometimes, it's nice to have a show be so reliable.

Things I found annoying in my first watch of this episode - before I watched the rest of the show - is just like, charming now. The imouto transitions, the humor, the :kanna teasing - this is good. I didn't even mind the part where they spent two minutes on the girls fondling each other's boobs.

Pp8UNl.jpg

wonzo

Banned
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO 8

iwAQx5EravSOa.gif

To think that David Production's of all studios could do better Slapkuga than KyoAni, especially in an episode as completely inconsistent as this one. I... I just don't know what to believe in anymore.

Steroyd

I actually thought that made some sense. Shinya has been obsessing over this case for a period of years and one finally breaks that has a connection, of course the dude is probably losing his shit. His report probably consisted of "Yo dude that's gonna be him. That's GOTTA be him. Dawg you gotta believe me."

Surely the past cases of Shinya saw through would give him the benefit of the doubt rather than going "Your Psycho-Pass is too cloudy, you're crazy!".

it doesnt? im pretty sure the group of people shown sitting around are the main "villains" and its directly related to shinya

They're as involved as the last case, in that they're merely fueling the flames, which we already put together in the previous case.

wonzo

Banned
DEPRESSINGLY AWESOME GYROZETTER 6

gyro6.jpg

Everything about this episode was so DEPRESSINGLY AWESOME. I can't wait for the DEPRESSINGLY AWESOME introduction for the next DEPRESSINGLY AWESOME character and her DEPRESSINGLY AWESOME GYROZETTER.

Jex

Hmm, it's super weird to listen to the enthusiast gaming press talk about anime on a podcast rather than, say, anime podcasters. Despite having no prior experience with discussing anime they do a better job than most other podcasters, unsurprisingly.

Exentryk

Thanks to the person who recommended Fate Zero. Just watched the first two episodes and the series feels really great. High production values and everything.

cajunator

Banned

iwAQx5EravSOa.gif

To think that David Production's of all studios could do better Slapkuga than KyoAni, especially in an episode as completely inconsistent as this one. I... I just don't know what to believe in anymore.

Slapkuga is a lost art.
Anyway I was listening to Roundabout tonight at work and couldnt stop.
I think I replayed it ten times.

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter 6
tumblr_mdzub4upFp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Devotion Power is definitely high on the list for unique and most innnovative powers Ive seen, that was amazing especially through enabling
Kakeru to Final Burst! Thunderclap Ascension for best attack
. Wonder what Shuunsukes's will be. Eraser-1 and Touma are Xenon's best. Attacks are all visually impressive.

Best non action moment.
tumblr_mdzub4upFp1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Meant to post this yesterday but my internet failed.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 8

~ Just as there is no immortal person, I'm afraid that there is also no indestructible nation ~

Cool, it seems another person is watching LOGH right now. I'm on episode 36.

I'm not annoyed that I put off watching this for so long, like I was for Gunslinger Girls, despite the fact that they are both incredible.

LOGH I feel like it is something which gets better for every year that passes, because it's timelessness because evermore apparent. You could make a modern LOGH and not change any of the dialog and it would still be just as powerful, relevant and revealing. Just watching the show you can see that the people involved in writing the characters and the dialog really thought about what they were doing. Yes, the show is not perfect - there are some things that I feel could've been been better if handled differently
It feels like Yang Wenli has foresight, he predicts WAY too much, and hasn't lost a single battle (where I am up to at least).

But LOGH is one of those few shows which can do infodumps without becoming boring, can show character deaths without becoming melodramatic, can tell a story about people without forgetting the systems that people exist in.

I haven't finished it but so far I'm very impressed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, okay. I wouldn't actually be bothered if you did hate it, I just enjoy feeedback. I'm still working through my own god damn thread from 2010: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414748
I should keep this link handy. Though I do have a big list of names I've picked up over the months that I should go through.

Wow i was just going to kindly ask if you guys could recommend a relapsed anime fan some obscure shows he might have missed and here i find this. Thanking you!

Sunred, Mouryou no Hako and Aoi Bungaku instantly caught my eye. Only shows i'm watching this season are JoJo and Magi so it'll be nice to have some others.
Highly recommend this show. Also one of the best OPs and EDs ever.*

*I haven't watched that many shows

I just want to say that I LOVE your rating scale and fully endorse the usage of it :D
Oh I knew you would.

As do I, but I preferred last weeks, had a little something for everyone.
Well originally my intention was to just post my brief thoughts on Psycho Pass without the rating, but half way through I thought I may as well post about the other shows I watched over the past few days, which is why I didn't bother to go back and make "stars" for each show.

I found these way more amusing than I probably should have.
You most likely did as those jokes were terrible.

I have no idea what you are talking about >_>
Welcome to my world.

Oh you were only referring to the post above and not the whole thread. Oh my, how embarrassing.

No worries it's an acquired taste.
As a Brit I find that there's some sort of obligation to like Radiohead and yet their songs have never caught on with me.

And yet:
But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

You'd think with lyrics like that I'd really resonate with them.

Also: Big O ep. 7. Look like Phoenix Wright, Be Batman, Talk Smoooooooth. The only thing I dislike in this show is the OP, and whatever.
I like the OP. It's the only one I learnt all the words to.

its Christmas already?
but I dont want to start hearing christmas carols and seeing advertisements everywhere :(
Advertising started yonks ago. Advent calendars have been on sale for yonks. The lights have been up for yonks (which is my favourite bit of the Christmas period). I think avatars being used one month before Christmas Eve isn't so bad.

Hey animegaf, still need more impressions for the next OP. It's your chance to shine! Someone will finally read what you write without the need for provocative screenshots! I forgot to include a gif in this post so I hope it doesn't go completely ignored!

Just something concise and brief, along the lines of stuff duckroll and kayos have posted thus far. Posts about shows no one is talking about (but I'm sure someone out there has to be trucking through) like Seitokai no Ichizon would be doubly appreciated.

Does this include shows from the previous season? For now I'll stick with shows that started in Autumn.

Chuunibyou
If you like KyoAni stuff because it has cute girls, well animated scenes and light hearted humour than this show will be for you. If you hate KyoAni for the aforementioned things; what's wrong with you?

Girls und Panzer
Man was once asked to name the two things he loved most in the world and he said "chicks and fighting innit" before punching his best mate in the face outside an Essex club. Someone heard this and made a show involving girls and tanks. And it was good.

Psycho Pass
If you like to watch nonsensical thrillers then you won't mind this. If you're looking for the next best thing you'll be disappointed. Likes to delve into deep subject that comes off as absolute twoddle. Think of it like a show of CSI. You wouldn't watch that for though provoking drama and you won't do that for Psycho Pass either.

JoJo's Bizarre Aventure
It's JoJo. 'Nuff said.

I can see where this is heading so:

Best ED Rankings:
1. Code: Breaker
2. Robotics;Notes
3. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
4. Medaka Box Abnormal
5. PSYCHO-PASS
No mention of the current Polar Bear Café ED? What's wrong with you son? It has mambo with llamas. You'll have a hard time find something better than that.

Actually he pulled it out before he even saw an Onix.
That sounds beyond lewd.

[JoJo's Bizarre Adventure] - 8

Pretty much everything I could say or post a picture of from this episode would be a spoiler considering that it's packed full of goodness. So I won't say anything at all.
Even the preview is pretty spoilery. Even more spoilery than the average preview.

Oh and this week's lip lick gif:
i4b6me7pB9Zeg.gif

Defuser

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ep 8
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA! Koyasu must be having so much fun voicing Dio with his Muda, Wrrry and that death grunts he makes. Whoever pick Koyasu to be Dio deserves a pat in the back.

A0hJj.png

Doobie pls.

CygHt.png

Double the finger pointing, double the emphasis and double the douchiness of it.

F9fXU.png

A manly gentlemen indeed you are Jojo.

iwAQx5EravSOa.gif

She must be a fucking strong woman to deliver a slap that can cause Dio to bleed.

Reknoc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 8
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Medaka Box Abnormal 7
Oh~~~ Naze is so perfect in this.

As a Brit I find that there's some sort of obligation to like Radiohead and yet their songs have never caught on with me.

Get out.

Jojo 8
Anyone not familiar with the manga should really avoid the next episode preview because they go all out in spoiling things. I'm glad I already knew what happened because it's pretty obnoxious.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So I ended up buying all the DLC available for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. That's 52USD plus tax of Final Fantasy songs on top of the game's 40USD plus tax price tag.

I feel dirty.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings ep 1
tumblr_mdz3o0Zmeo1qhvhj3o1_250.png

This first episode was incredible, I think I like some of the characters and their protrayal here more than Brave 10 :( Yukimura Sanada is easily the best character and so many good scenes, whenever he and his lordship are on screen and they just start shouting each others names, and Yukimura has that smile and etc, and then Sasuke just sitting there with a blank look and saying impressive, etc. Though the best moment is whenever Yukimura speaks of Date and and how he ignited his fire in his heart. Hope Yukimura gets tons more screentime.

DiGiKerot

NEXT A-Class

nextaclass.jpg

A 6 minute OVA financed by Mercedes-Benz about three people (designed by Sadamoto!!!!!!) chasing a legendary moving ramen stand wanting to get a taste of its legendary meal. It's actually kinda fun if you can look past the CG cars which are actually pretty good when compared to what you usually see nowadays. Worth checking out!

I just saw this at Hyper Japan in London today. Mitsuhisha Ishikawa claimed the full six-minute version hadn't been shown elsewhere yet - I feel ripped off!

Anyway, yeah, I was at Hyper Japan today. I swear, that event just seems to get smaller and smaller, or maybe it's just that Expo gets increasingly large and dwarves it more and more as time goes on. In any case, no pop idols or anything hear this time around, though they did have Mitsuhasha Ishikawa (Production IG) and Ryusuke Hikawa (anime critic) on stage talking to Helen McCarthy. Unfortunately didn't work out as well as one might have hoped, though - terrible stage positioning and acoustics rendered much of it difficult to hear, and way too much of their stage time was spent talking about Letter to Momo (which I like, but also seemed a bit cruel given most the audience likely haven't had the chance to see it, which admittedly was where the conversation was going, but, time constraints and all that).

Also, I broke my 3DS XL whilst waiting to get in. Bah.

Ishikawa did claim that late-night anime broadly fell into two categories, though - exciting shows like the ones Production IG make, and shows which help you go to sleep like K-On. Interpret that as you will. Hikawa, on the other hand, seemed genuinely excited about the fact he was staying in the hotel from the K-On movie.

Anyway, off to see The Mystical Laws shortly!

Grzi

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings ep 1
tumblr_mdz3o0Zmeo1qhvhj3o1_250.png

This first episode was incredible, I think I like some of the characters and their protrayal here more than Brave 10 :( Yukimura Sanada is easily the best character and so many good scenes, whenever he and his lordship are on screen and they just start shouting each others names, and Yukimura has that smile and etc, and then Sasuke just sitting there with a blank look and saying impressive, etc. Though the best moment is whenever Yukimura speaks of Date and and how he ignited his fire in his heart. Hope Yukimura gets tons more screentime.

Finally!
You'll love this one DTL.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Birdy the Mighty S1 episodes 10-13

Sadly, the ending was a little flat compared to the earlier parts of the show. The whole
apocalyptic scenario where they had just one hour before the planet got purified, and of course the ryunka would be able to be destroyed in just one hour, that part felt a bit lacking. And of course, the moment the Pontiff mentioned that the host could be changed, I knew exactly how the ending was going to play out, with Tsutomu sacrificing himself and joining up with Birdy again. Also, the scene where Birdy is about to explain who the ryunka's host was, and then Tsutomu fell asleep was one of the lowest points in the series, since up to that point the show had done a great job at giving believable characterization to the cast, and then it up and throws some ridiculous contrivance like that. On the subject of Tsutomu, his little episode or so of angst about "Nagasuki can't be the host! waaaaaaaaaaaa!" was also pretty bad. It just gave the feeling that while Birdy had clearly grown as a character during the series, Tsutomu was just stuck in the same place. The second season hook of getting rid of Nagasuki with amnesia was pretty lame too.

Despite these issues with the ending, this series was still really good overall, I recommend that those of you who haven't watched it yet do so at the earliest opportune moment.

Grzi

Birdy the Mighty S1 episodes 10-13

Sadly, the ending was a little flat compared to the earlier parts of the show. The whole
apocalyptic scenario where they had just one hour before the planet got purified, and of course the ryunka would be able to be destroyed in just one hour, that part felt a bit lacking. And of course, the moment the Pontiff mentioned that the host could be changed, I knew exactly how the ending was going to play out, with Tsutomu sacrificing himself and joining up with Birdy again. Also, the scene where Birdy is about to explain who the ryunka's host was, and then Tsutomu fell asleep was one of the lowest points in the series, since up to that point the show had done a great job at giving believable characterization to the cast, and then it up and throws some ridiculous contrivance like that. On the subject of Tsutomu, his little episode or so of angst about "Nagasuki can't be the host! waaaaaaaaaaaa!" was also pretty bad. It just gave the feeling that while Birdy had clearly grown as a character during the series, Tsutomu was just stuck in the same place. The second season hook of getting rid of Nagasuki with amnesia was pretty lame too.

Despite these issues with the ending, this series was still really good overall, I recommend that those of you who haven't watched it yet do so at the earliest opportune moment.

The second season is better, watch it now!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The second season is better, watch it now!

Really? The brief synopsis of the second season I read made it sound a lot less interesting... Well, the first season was good enough that I shall give it the benefit of the doubt and try out the 2nd.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Really? The brief synopsis of the second season I read made it sound a lot less interesting... Well, the first season was good enough that I shall give it the benefit of the doubt and try out the 2nd.

Everybody feels this way about S2 before they start it. now gogogo

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - 06

So many potential parings.

If things keep up like this I may warm up a bit more to this show.

SDBurton, so I was working on a DekoxNibu pic. It's not done yet, but in your professional opinion, what kind of feels does this give you?

http://sadpanda.us/images/1262943-BLBGJXX.jpg (maybe nsfw)

Linked because Dekobutt and Nibuboobs.

What kind of feels does this give me?

TjFS5.gif

You just made my year Extollere. Please let me use the finished version as an avy!!! So hyped!

Nafe

In lieu of an OP I just need to hear that piece from the second movement of Dvorak's From the New World every so often and I'll be happy. It has a special place in my heart thanks to the fact that it managed to creeped me the bloody fuck out in two different Ikuhara shows. I'm conditioned to expect horrible things whenever I hear it now.

Are you talking about Episode 10 of Mawaru Penguindrum and Episode 15 of Utena where Touga is alone listening to a record? I don't recall it played in any Sailor Moon episodes.

Icarus has already mentioned it but it also plays in the film Night on the Galactic Railraod. The girl they are with actually directly points it out and says the name of the piece. Yuriko Fuchizaki, who does the voice of Anthy in Utena is also in the film. At first I thought she maybe did the voice for the girl but Tadashi might actually be the young boy and Kaoru the girl. (I haven't actually read the book so it might directly say in there) It doesn't really sound anything like her that I'm used to but she did the voice of a young boy in episode 15 of Saint Seiya Omega and I didn't recognize her at all there either. It was only after going back and looking at the credits that I saw it was her. When she does the voice of a few characters in Sailor Moon though, you can easily tell it's her there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom