• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Shinsekai Yori 7-8

Hey guys what's happ...

*lesbians and gays everywhere*

Seriously? What the fuck happened?

bonobos

Are you talking about Episode 10 of Mawaru Penguindrum and Episode 15 of Utena where Touga is alone listening to a record? I don't recall it played in any Sailor Moon episodes.

Icarus has already mentioned it but it also plays in the film Night on the Galactic Railraod. The girl they are with actually directly points it out and says the name of the piece. Yuriko Fuchizaki, who does the voice of Anthy in Utena is also in the film. At first I thought she maybe did the voice for the girl but Tadashi might actually be the young boy and Kaoru the girl. (I haven't actually read the book so it might directly say in there) It doesn't really sound anything like her that I'm used to but she did the voice of a young boy in episode 15 of Saint Seiya Omega and I didn't recognize her at all there either. It was only after going back and looking at the credits that I saw it was her. When she does the voice of a few characters in Sailor Moon though, you can easily tell it's her there.

Yeah, those are the two instances. Both exceptionally creepy, although perhaps I only find the Utena one so because I watched it after Penguindrum, heh.

y'know, it really does seem like Dvorak's From thew New World gets a surprising amount of use in anime, especially considering that use of public domain music is a rarity in general. Probably the best use of it actually comes from One Piece, which used the beginning of the fourth movement to pretty amazing effect at the climax of the Alabasta Arc. Skip to 2:40 in this video if you want to see it, though keep in mind a.) EXTREME SPOILZ and b.) it loses a lot of its impact if you lack the context of the events leading up to the moment.

Andrew J.

Rinne no Lagrange - Kamogawa Days

Awesome special, and so glad it was 40 minutes worth! This takes place between Season 1 and 2 where
the gang have split in order to pursue what they felt was the right decision at the time
. With her two gal pals doing their own thing Madoka pays Kamogawa a visit to see some old friends. It wasn't long until we got some wan shipping to remind everyone of the dominating OTP of the show. There were some great moments aside from the ships, like Madoka's god-tier swag and some salt from the Three Stooges.

They also gave some time focusing on the second best OTP of the show,
giving us a look at how they're able to maintain their relationship regardless of the fighting going on between their brothers.

Silly SDBurton! There are no OTPs in Rinne no Lagrange, only a single OT3.

Maedhros

Chuunibyou 08

So now they want a kid to have the maturity of an adult huh? Yup, that seems to be the solution to her problem...

And now it went all drama huh?? 4 more episodes to the end?

Syrinx

Cowboy Bebop 3

Rad

Cowboy Bebop 4

Radder

I really like Faye. She's got all these skills like escaping and flying a spacecraft, but then she does things like run out of fuel. Her "You have to be fucking kidding me" face when
she saw that the ship coming to pick her up was the Bebop
was priceless. I hope
Spike didn't actually kill her, but seeing her as much in the OP (possibly greatest OP ever, btw) and on the DVD case, I highly doubt he did.

Just one thing about 4,
that vial that Spike took from Faye and that crazy Space Warriors lady stole from him, did that have a strain of the monkeyfying virus in it? Cause her horror as the thing starting flying then breaking tells me that whatever it was, it was bad news. Whatevs. Bad shit happens to them, good, because they're fucking insane.

Also, Spike swallowing his cigarette was hardcore.

Watched it last night, so sorry that my opinions aren't so articulated.

Sukitte Ii na yo 08

How much I like this episode will probably depend on what direction they'll go next episode.
Oh, who am I kidding, I can't wait for new kid comes in to break up Yamato and Mei Round 4!

Metrotab

Banned
Kimikiss - 20

I can't decide whether bro-character was being romantic or creeperish during this episode. Smart girl's reactions were pretty cute though.

From The New World 9

Really suspenseful and such reminding me of earlier episodes. I kind of wish it was Satoru focused though, would kind of feel more appealing and romantic that way.
Though I guess Saki had to get some time to lead the way and such, dont know how she can fend off that Lion. She should have brought Satoru, Maria, and Momoru along.

They need to give Momoru more scenes, kind of feels like he is just permanently in the background.

Jex

[SAO] - 21

Recentgifs10.gif

Sword Art Online 21
tumblr_me0aqmRjlp1r60zuio1_500.gif

Pretty good episode whenever Kirito was on the screen interacting with Imouto and answering questions and stuff
and so sad for her broken heart if only she that that is Kirito in game and such, however, I guess there is no win for her situation since both in game and out of game he is with Weaksuna.
World building with the school stuff was the part I enjoyed most, hope we get a school arc?

The rest was just plain awkward, I guess I somehow missed all the tentacle stuff that was discussed earlier this week here when the preview and such (looking back), and not that Im not used to it since Ive seen tons of good fanart of my favorite characters and even Kirito with it...but just Asuna and such was plain weird and awkward and kind of creepy, especially
when it even went into her dress, did not want to ever see that or even any tentacles with her

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 9: The Klopstock Incident

~ The history of the Galactic Empire is a story of an unending struggle for political power ~

I love the grotesque architectural and artistic culture of the Empire. It breathes excess.
Some more Imperial political insights, as we see a disgruntled aristocrat try to take revenge for being wronged and shamed all those years ago.
Reinhard almost gets caught up accidentally, but his noble character, by taking care of the older woman, saves him.
Another great moment for Kircheis, who succesfully deduces the culprit. He's the smartest person in the main cast. His interactions with Reinhard are entertaining as always.

Nafe

Hey animegaf, still need more impressions for the next OP. It's your chance to shine! Someone will finally read what you write without the need for provocative screenshots! I forgot to include a gif in this post so I hope it doesn't go completely ignored!

Just something concise and brief, along the lines of stuff duckroll and kayos have posted thus far. Posts about shows no one is talking about (but I'm sure someone out there has to be trucking through) like Seitokai no Ichizon would be doubly appreciated.

I thought no one read the opening?

I don't really have anything but I guess you could always add something like this I suppose...

Gothicmade(movie)

It wasn't all just a dream, it's here, it's really here!
Unfortunately most people reading this will have to wait for the home release to actually watch the film, but hey, you've already waited six years, what's a little longer right?

CorvoSol

Hey animegaf, still need more impressions for the next OP. It's your chance to shine! Someone will finally read what you write without the need for provocative screenshots! I forgot to include a gif in this post so I hope it doesn't go completely ignored!

Just something concise and brief, along the lines of stuff duckroll and kayos have posted thus far. Posts about shows no one is talking about (but I'm sure someone out there has to be trucking through) like Seitokai no Ichizon would be doubly appreciated.

Do they have to be current anime or can we just post some impressions of our old favorites we think people should watch?

I'm going to clarify before I post my thoughts I've never seen the original Hellsing anime, nor have I read the manga. My limited knowledge of the franchise comes from comments I've heard online or the odd review or two of the series I've read. That being stated

Hellsing Ultimate 1

So let me get the obvious out of the way

hellsing_ultimate_bd.jpg

Alucard is freaking awesome and steals the show every time he opens his mouth, Crispin Freeman is lights out with his performance. The other main characters (Integra, Seras, Anderson) also have great VA and unlike the clips of the original series I've seen the extras all sound the part too.

I was quiet surprised how Seras initial death and turn to become a vampire was depicted, I was expecting it to be more... accidental as opposed to Alucard just blowing her away. I'm not really sure where they plan to take her character either nor as she at all like I predicted she'd be. She's very accepting of her new master and even at this point in the series she's given into her own darkness and gone kill crazy on some ghouls.

Anderson is awesome and I really can't wait to see more of his battles with Alucard, sees like the perfect rivalry. I enjoy how complex Integra is as a character though I want to see how she developed from the scared little girl to the confident women she is currently.

Not much of the main plot was shown off as this episode was more of an introduction to the characters and boy did it leave me wanting more. The tease of
nazi vampires and The Major
at the end certainly didn't hurt either.

I own 1-8 on blu ray and am watching the dub in case you missed the Crispin Freeman comment earlier.

Grzi

Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi

Well, what can I say, I enjoyed this quite a bit. The story doesn't really matter, you get the gist of it fairly easy, not like it's some terribly complicated stuff, what's relevant to this particular arc is easily understandable. I did miss out on a lot of the character relationships and the setting details because I didn't read the manga (or watch the original anime) but it's not like I care, really.

What does matter are the visuals, and they are simply stunning. Ryo-timo did the gorgeous character designs, so they look very similar to those in Birdy. Very expressive and they transfer wonderfully into animation.
The animation is spectacular, with fight scenes taking most of the runtime of the OVA, so if you like sakuga, you should definitely watch this. Ryo-timo was also the director and he did a great job for what I'm assuming is his directorial debut.

Articalys

New trailer for the Aura: Maryūinkōga Saigo no Tatakai film based on the novel by the author of Jintai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNTVBIiuKYg
The film is based on the 2008 light novel of the same name by Romeo Tanaka (Humanity is Declining). The school romantic comedy revolves around Ichirō "Menzu" Satō, a high school freshman who forgets his textbook at school one day. Ichirō encounters a beautiful girl while sneaking back into his school in the dead of night. The girl calls herself a witch from a parallel world. Ichirō used to suffer delusions of grandeur like this, but vowed to stop so that he can successfully re-invent himself as a freshman in high school.
So yeah. It's also about chuunibyou. And as you can tell from the voiced line at the end, yes, this also stars Kana Hanazawa.

Aura is chuunibyou drama done right. Can't wait to see it.

2013 has some nice anime movies with Steins;gate, Aura, Madoka and
Kizumonogatari

Articalys

Also, here's apparently a rough translation of that speech from Kurisu in the Steins;Gate Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu PV, since it's mostly just a collection of scenes from the TV series otherwise:
Better translation posted on next page.

This episode of SAO was so so ... let's say it was a necessary evil since we're now close to the moment people are waiting for now that it aired ..

i'm very happy nobody made that "gif" yet .. i guess there's hope in Animegaf on that point.

Asuna

Why must you be so fucking USELESS?

gawd

Heroine syndrome.. also no weapons...

Conan-san

SAO 21

So, not only did they skip a good bit of part of the story, they inserted MORE immoto nonsense and extended the whole tentacle shenanigans.

My aggravation with A1 reminds me of a YuGiOh episode and Yugi's response to Joey's brand of sheer stupidity.

Ah yes, here we are;
kRuZf.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Kino no Tabi by KyoAni.

Believe.

It would be hard to screw up no matter what studio does it.
Just give me more Kino!!!

I just finished Accel World episode 14.

Seriously, Nomi is scum. I really dislike him so far.

Yes, Noumi is shit and you are supposed to hate his guts. His suffering is delicious.

Asuna

Why must you be so fucking USELESS?

gawd

SO glad I dropped that shit.
7 episodes ago.

DiGiKerot

Hey, why hadn't anyone told me that they'd dubbed The Mystical Laws. Such an amazing dub it's sporting, too!

Yeah, I'm going to have to sleep on that movie, I think. So very, very strange...

Jex

This episode of SAO was so so ... let's say it was a necessary evil since we're now close to the moment people are waiting for now that it aired ..

i'm very happy nobody made that "gif" yet .. i guess there's hope in Animegaf on that point

Hey. Guess what. SAO 21 spoilers, for people who are wondering what exactly we're all talking about. Not Safe For Life: http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/Album 2/sao21why.gif

I wouldn't want their to be hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom