• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin Sekai Yori
Glad they cut back on that lovey dovey shit and got back what I loved about the show, the mystery and intrigue of the new world. I honestly thought the whole last episode was unnecessary as I already got the whole bonobos thing the first few times they showed how neo-humans dealt with stress. Hopefully, if they do try to develop the relationships between the cast, they don't spend a whole episode on it.

CorvoSol

So I just met Nia in Gurren Lagan and I, uh, well . . . she's supposed to be a send-up of magical-pixie-princesses, right? Like, the crosses in the eye, the white hair, the weird never seen a human attitude and all. She's supposed to be an obvious one of those, right?

She could have just, I don't know, waited until those... whatever those pink tentacle rape blobs are, left.

FUCK ME
She left her cage open .. at least she waited untill they were occuped messing with someone else mind ..she just didn't know that they have eyes on their back (damn monsters)

Hey. Guess what. SAO 21 spoilers, for people who are wondering what exactly we're all talking about. Not Safe For Life: http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/Album 2/sao21why.gif

I wouldn't want their to be hope.

Of course i'm not talking about that gif .. "that gif" is referencing to
kirito putting cold water on her imouto back

people are just too happy by NSFW gifs i wouldn't dare to ask something else

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I can't tell if SAO is a pile of shit that is shameless on the same level as Queen's Blade or not. Queen's Blade is up front about their shit, but SAO seems like it's trying to be taken seriously, which is pathetic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sukitte 8
iTmjZl.jpg

So shoujo that it hurts so good. I will miss the first four episodes, which I think were just outstanding, but I suppose I'm just okay with shoujo tears.

Also, Mei is the anti-Kanna. I gotta appreciate that just on principle.

----

SAO 21
Fuck Japan. I don't know what to say. You all know what I'm referring to, so it's better left unsaid. But seriously, what a piece of shit show makes even The Newsroom seem like well considered and thoughtful art.

So I just met Nia in Gurren Lagan and I, uh, well . . . she's supposed to be a send-up of magical-pixie-princesses, right? Like, the crosses in the eye, the white hair, the weird never seen a human attitude and all. She's supposed to be an obvious one of those, right?

Just keep watching.

Sword Art Online 21

This episode was terrible and thoroughly flawed, only ever elevating to mediocrity with the first instance of
Suguha’s tears
and the disappointingly brief section of this episode that actually allowed Asuna to be marginally
useful
, temporarily ceasing the perpetual attempts to ruin her characterization. Regardless of these few moments of decency though, this was easily the worst episode of them all, as, essentially, it was entirely devoid of satisfying developments, consistent characterization, or, aside from the aforementioned
tears
, a single moment that was remotely enjoyable, culminating with the idiotic usage of
tentacles
. I suppose there was also a sliver of plot development in this episode, but when it's so easily drowned out by the
tentacle fanservice
and the furtherance of the plodding imouto storyline, it's really not worth mentioning.

The horrible Suguha and the continued focus on her
love for her brother
had far too much prevalence throughout this episode, and the entirety of ALO, for that matter. She remains wholly unsympathetic and quite unlikable, despite the numerous attempts to portray her otherwise. As such, it's rather amusing that she actually appeared to expect she had a chance to
begin a relationship
with someone that has effectively been
her brother
all this time, but I suppose intelligence was never associated with Suguha in the first place, so it certainly wasn't surprising that she placed hopes in this seeming eventuality. This initial
heartbreak
will inevitably create a greater level of immense satisfaction upon her realization that
Kirito is her brother
, so, at the very least, her involvement in the story has one enjoyable element to it's existence.

Asuna's heightened involvement and consequent focus, though largely welcome and temporarily interesting, was, unfortunately, rather slow and tedious. However, it was quite satisfying to see Asuna regain her former characterization, since, finally, her inclusion in an episode signified something far more significant, however temporarily, than her perpetual
isolation in a cage
. Of course, she was still
recaptured
towards the end of the episode, since she obviously won’t be given the ability to
escape on her own
, as the entirety of this terribly-written arc hinges on the seemingly unavoidable portrayal of Asuna as a
damsel in distress
; one who clearly, despite her attempts to
escape
, will inevitably and predictably need to be
saved
by her
knight in shining armor
, which, in turn, creates a ridiculously thin and contrived narrative.

As expected, the laughably bad
tentacle fanservice
was as unnecessary as it was excessive. In fact, though it was pointless in the last episode, it thoroughly detracted from this one, since the sudden appearance of this ludicrous stupidity was completely inconsequential and remarkably random.

The final scene proved to be an impressively exciting conclusion, but I'm certainly not confident in the storytelling for the remainder of the narrative, aside from two select moments, due largely to the woeful material and their inability to adapt ALO into something that's even a slight improvement over said material.

All in all, following two decent episodes, Sword Art Online has, once again, rapidly deteriorated to a level of atrociousness it has never come close to before, riddled with an insurmountable plethora of narrative and characterization flaws. The structure of this entire arc and the abundance of trite, uninteresting developments within are wholly indicative of atrocious writing and a mediocre, unimpressive execution of the narrative. Of course, these criticisms could potentially be overlooked if the story was the least bit entertaining or enjoyable, but, unfortunately, unlike SAO’s arc, it really, really isn’t, due, in large part, to the unfortunate realization that there’s absolutely no weight or tension in any of the narrative developments, instead faltering, due to the incredibly ludicrous villain and the
incest
subplot, into a repetitive, unintended hilarity that doesn’t complement the “story” at all.

Articalys

Here's a translated version of the new Steins;Gate Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu movie trailer, with a better translation than the one I originally posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe5h_IarMMg
By changing the past, you change the future.
That's something crueler than death.
The proof of that life and its meaning has all but vanished.
I can't control my memories.
"Then we can't. Without you, it's not worth it!"
I’m a scientist. I have to act on my own theory and basis.
I can't let my emotions sway me.
But there's no way I can forget all of that.
Because I've known you for so very long.
So very long...
This is reality.
This is the world.
Okabe... it hurts.

They're also releasing a complete TV series box set in Japan next March with new box art and a 200-page production booklet.
So many different projects for next year -- the movie, new game, Vita port, and now this -- it looks like they really want to keep the series momentum going, huh.

OceanBlue

The Aura PV's music is a little too dramatic for me, but I'm interested in watching it regardless. The return of chuunibyou Hanazawa Kana is always great, and it'll be interesting having a more pragmatic approach to chuunibyou in Aura compared to Chu2koi. I doubt the theme it presents will be too surprising, but for me, the execution is where it counts so hopefully that goes well.

Ahaha, I'm not surprised that a lot of people are more receptive to the more serious, mellowed tone in Aura though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Narag

As unfortunate as this is, I think I would have enjoyed the show more from the beginning if it had just dropped all pretenses and been, well, this.

Sometimes honesty is more valuable than tastefulness.

Alternatively we could have had Asuna & Kirito kicking ass in a new game for some reason rather than making her even more worthless. Trying to be too much.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 8

Incredible. Just amazing. There's nothing more to say.

Also, anyone not familiar with the franchise, DO NOT WATCH THE EP 9 PREVIEW.

Little Busters 8
tumblr_me0n9xv4iH1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_me0n9xv4iH1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Kud focused episode wasnt that bad, I think they could have avoided this season sharing information that we already knew, but I did like the Masato Riki moments and then Masato being all sad during that scene and such, was funny and touching in a way.

The only non annoying female characters in this are continuously the Disciplinary leader and then Kurugaya-san, and Kud
has great baseball skills
. Anyway I hope we focus on Kyousukes, Riki, Kengo, and Masato moments, storylines and background, or else I may drop this.

And President Obama

So safe to say SAO will be winning AOTY on GAF this year?

Well, the JoJo thread has more posts and views, and it got there in a shorter amount of time than the current winner for longest anime OT of the year, Fate/Zero.

Of course, we really don't know how many non-animegaffers will be taking part. I'd assume F/Z is still the front-runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom