• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 19

vepqpl.png

Dangers of casual drug abuse, criminal syndicates, an amazing heist, and J9 wreckin' fools made this ep pretty awesome. Shadow police or not, they seem to take any damn job if the money is right.

gk9sPl.png

... this pose.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wait wait wait, first of all, I gotta be Zhuge Liang's ugly wife? WTF?

Second, the surname The Chinese gave me was 魏. No joke. I refuse to be accused of allegiance to 蜀國.

I should've left you as Zhen Ji. Not sure why I switched you. :lol

survivor

Banned
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 1

Wow, did Shiina just out chuunibyou Rikka? Never thought such a thing would be possible. Also how is this haremshit supposed to be 24 episodes?

The first episode was surprisingly fun and fast paced. I wonder if they can keep it up for 23 more episodes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Episode 2

Set-up ahoy!
At least it's more entertaining than Fate/Zero's set up because I'm still awake. Anyways, a few points:
The subs in your screencaps are fucking awful. Unless they just slightly altered more dialogue in the movies than I remembered.

cajunator

Banned
savinganime25.jpg

classical meidos

Is Emma worth getting?
I kind of like British stuff and it looks like a rather subdued and elegant show to watch.

Wait seriously? Fuck, I wonder if my love for Hanazawa will prevail over my hatred for glasses girls

W-what? WHAT?

By sacrificing Kayos90.

;_;
You guys won't ever reach OT4 without his help!
You fucking ruined it!

Hidamari Sketch 8

I'm starting to realize that it's really hard to marathon this anime. It's not like it's bad, I do enjoy its very lighthearted nature and the usual Shaft shenanigans that come with it, but at the end of each episode I don't feel compelled at all to check out the next one immediately right after it. I suppose that's the nature of slow slice of anime without a central story. I don't even know why I had plans to catch up this season and start watching Honeycomb. At the rate I'm going at, I will probably be done by the end of the year.

Anyway, as usual, all the Sae focused stuff were meh but Yuno and Yoshinoya saved the episode.

Hidamari is best enjoyed in small doses of a few hnnngs per day. If you overdose on it it will either 1. kill you or 2. bore you over time.

No. Just no.

I always read this in anime forums. You guys uses this as joke right?

Hell no. 2D is totally better!

It being based on a light novel featuring a lad surrounded by 2+ women makes it seem rather obvious.
Well the actual show doesn't make it obvious that it will expand beyond the two women interested in him into harem territory. I was curious if that is how it actually turns out.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I just realized that the intentions behind the list are probably completely lost on me because you're actually talking about Dynasty Warriors characters and not historical Chinese people of the Three Kingdoms.

Still, fuck Shu, even if they supposedly defeated my people (lol) in a battle once with a guitar.

Oh snap! Do you rep #TeamWu? :D

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 3
tumblr_mcbngaxWro1ru3v4eo1_500.gif

Well I guess I will stick with it. This episode was actually somewhat enjoyable. Maybe because both Jin, Sorata conversations were interesting and insightful and we got to know more on both or maybe because it was a change from the dull interaction with Mashiro, but it was compelling. Ah and on Sorata, good voice actor, when he is exhausted or really excited or even really flustered and panic, sounds really good.

I kind of felt bad for Erika-chan (Aoyama, I can only here and see here as an older version of Erika from Ginga e). If Sorata would instead at least give her some of his time or something. And that line from Jin about the other girl and why he wouldnt go back..., he needs to get things straight with his feelings, as well as improve his scripts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
YuruYuri 1

Dammit, guaranteed I'm going to be up at 2 in the morning with bloodshot eyes, because that infernal theme song won't fucking stop playing.
I don't want to snob out and say, "you didn't get it" or something, but the first episode is parody of anime tropes in many senses. Maybe you picked up on that and I missed it or something, but it seems more like you didn't get a sense of that. Which happened a lot really when the show first aired.

Really it's possibly a failure of the show, though it worked for me so I probably shouldn't be the one to make the accusation.

cajunator

Banned
Humanity Has Declined SP2

being mini-watashi in her mini-home is suffering

SO many hnnngs. An overabundance of them. My heart is too far gone.

It's fine, I know why you feel this way!

8qRPm.jpg

Lol. Was gonna say exactly that.

did someone say "Mail Privilege"?

I'll be here all night, folks!

That's some first class humor, son.

Yall got my stamp of approval.

Did Kayos really leave because of the thread title?

Unfortunately he did.

He'll be back. Probably. Hopefully ;~;

I am really not sure after talking to him.
I hope so though cause I miss him :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
No Cajun, never take anything I say seriously. Unless I put [srs]brackets around stuff I say, I'm not srs[/srs]

wonzo

Banned
Aikatsu! 3

Oh boy, reused CG dance animation sure is quite "impressive". Especially when followed up by a surprisingly well animated training session. Next episode deals with a fan so get the hand sanitizer ready.

cajunator

Banned
Aikatsu! 3

Oh boy, reused CG dance animation sure is quite "impressive". Especially when followed up by a surprisingly well animated training session. Next episode deals with a fan so get the hand sanitizer ready.

Well at least the girls are cute.
I have no idea about this show.

Infinite Ryvius 10

I love the irony of
Airs Blue's team having previously taken over the ship in the name of freely sharing information with everyone, but now that they're in power they're concealing information exactly as Zwei initially did. Once you get that taste of power...

Speaking of power, it's not surprising that the immense amount of it that the Vital Guarder contains tempted some people to defect with it. I'm sure there'll be more of that in the future.

Normally I'm not the biggest fan of the way shadows on characters' faces are handled in this show, but this episode made really effective use of them to depict the dark emotions the characters on the bridge were feeling.

wonzo

Banned
Is Emma worth getting?
I kind of like British stuff and it looks like a rather subdued and elegant show to watch.
I've heard pretty good things about it. Jexhius seemed to enjoy it going by his impressions and I thought it'd be a good idea to pick-up the LE Boxsets before they're phased out by Nozomi for the Litebox releases.

My Little Monster is single-handedly restoring my faith in Japan's ability to deliver a genuinely charming and believable story with lovable characters without ANY hint of creepiness, overly sexualized characters, offensive pandering, or terrible fan-service.

Thank god for this.

Also, the artwork in this series is freaking gorgeous. Especially that ED sequence.

Is Emma worth getting?

Emma: A Victorian Romance is a great show. A sweet, tender romance with likable characters against that ever charming backdrop of 19th century England. Noteworthy in that the two seasons have rather different feels to them, the first being more restricted in scope and slow paced while the second has a larger cast of characters and is more energetic. Both have their distinct strengths.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
My Little Monster is single-handedly restoring my faith in Japan's ability to deliver a genuinely charming and believable story with lovable characters without ANY hint of creepiness, overly sexualized characters, offensive pandering, or terrible fan-service.

Thank god for this.

Also, the artwork in this series is freaking gorgeous. Especially that ED sequence.

You mean "Thank Japan for this."

Weaboos: 1
Christians: 0

Well that's enough shitposting from me for one night.

Ultimadrago

Aikatsu! 3

okaygirlyb4x17.png
hmmmjszv0.png

:SDBurton

Aoi hangs out with the "Top Idol" for a day and Ichigo follows her friend out of curiosity while dressed like a Cinderella pre-transformation. Well,
she eventually gets caught in the act. Big surprise.
She should have been expelled!

The tension of the event would have been amplified with some good facial expressions, Paranoia Agent style. Simply Aoi growling at the sight of Ichigo in the back of that vehicle.

For a while, I was wondering if the ugly CG dancing would show up at all...

until Aikatsu! reality hit.

Final Note: Mizuki should get that "CG flowers raining out of her hair" thing checked out. It's unsightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom