• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Onii Chan blah blah ep 8

http://i.imgur.com/DLrUB.gif

NGMbl.gif

This is too much for me to handle. I ain't gonna img tag that gif.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So good I watched all the videos again, although something I never noticed the first time was that they actually ended the panel on that Bakemonogatari scene. Unknown to the audience, they got flashed by Shinobu and are now pedophiles.
It's okay cause she's hundreds of years old.

wonzo

Banned
So good I watched all the videos again, although something I never noticed the first time was that they actually ended the panel on that Bakemonogatari scene. Unknown to the audience, they got flashed by Shinobu and are now pedophiles.
subliminal band-aid advertising is the worst thing ever

Necrovex

I'm thinking about going in with the year deal with Crunchyroll; I certainly watch enough anime to justify this deal. However, I might be living in Japan after this summer. Will CR still work if I live over in Japan?

cajunator

Banned
For you :

qzTE0.gif

More dog days is always welcome...

Yep , athrun actually tries to put shiin into the proper path of a gundam hero .. shiin however refuses ..

Kudos to athrun for actually having tried.

Must ..... resist .... the urge ..... to post .... more dog days gifs ..
5LQqS.gif

This was the last one ..for real.

Just wanna say, this is what I like to wake up to in the morning. Some good old fashioned Millhiore Biscotti moe. Good show.

The existence of Dog Days infuriates me. It means I'm never going to get another season of Nanoha until Dog Days is over. At least they're still working on the movies.

I'm ok with this. Nanoha went off a cliff after A's. Dog Days is so adorable.

Why would you hope for this to be Umakoshi when it means that we'd be getting something that isn't a Heartcatch S2???

I think there isn't a Precure OT because most of us are practical enough not to want to be constantly referred to as pedophiles and social outcasts on a forum that we frequent and the less that's known by people who wouldn't understand, the better.

And because no one wants to see me ragequit GAF which would kill most of the activity in the thread anyway ;_;

A Precure OT would be nice. If you are concerned about being associated with pedos, then you would have to disassociate entirey with animeGAF. But what fun is that? Besides, I can be the scapegoat with my nubile catgirl avatar. I can take it. Bring it on motherfuckers.

Little buster 8

retards doing retard things.

Team wafu is a pretty good (dangerous) team though, wafu wafu~!

ibcKyNssH3zHdm.gif

im5zwQAtVLopj.gif

Wafu indeed. Might have to check this out eventually. It does look rather hnnngworthy sometimes even if it does suffer from oversaturated bloom.

ponygaf is almost as big as animegaf...

Its impressive given that is one show fanbase vs this community composed of thousands of shows fans. Ponygaf already is represented in animeGaf though.

Nah, it's not like that at all. Her head's a little long, but it isn't nearly as bad as it looks. Heads have sides and tops. Here, I did a little thing:

The hair adds a tiny bit of height, but on second glance, it does look a little strange. It's probably because of the that stupid ghost-shaped hair cut that she has.

Yeah, you pointed out what they were trying to do here. It does still look a bit silly at first glance, but its correct.

That's how I'm seeing it. The red oval isn't outlining the shape of the head correctly. It isn't a straight on shot of her face.

Correct. Shes looking down a bit and off to our right (her left) so the top of her head is slightly visible. She has rather thick hair.

Ahooooo! Bakaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hoooooooo my god <3

Cream Lemon 4 - Pop Chaser

Regulus Tera you're a goddamn gentleman! I poured myself a whiskey before I started, and now I'm drinking another one to you! That was absolutely fucking amazing. Every single second of it. I can't believe how much I enjoyed this. I was impressed by how well the hentai scenes were animated, and how sensual and soft they were. On top of that, the girl noises were deep and passionate. None of this whining bullshit. My god, I can't stop thinking about it. A fun, albeit cheesy, action subplot was used to tie everything together and to break up the pacing. Mai was sweet, and lovable, but
betrayed her otp
, skank :( This was so good. SO GOOD!! I laughed, I got a boner, I got drunk. I need more like this! (SDBurton has seen this, right?)

fffffffuuuuuuck... I'm gonna watch this again.

This...I...must watch...old school.....hnnngh

Fate/Zero 01-03

Well, that was interesting. There are a lot of cool aspects here. I really like the world they've set up and the rules for what's going forward. The problem is, that's really all that's been done. There is way too much set-up and unexplained technical jargon. Ultimately, it's good but leaving me a bit cold. I've yet to really connect with any of the characters. Rider is the only one I've taken a real liking to. Other than that, I dislike them or just don't really feel anything.

I can't help but compare this to Blast of Tempest. It's kind of got the same issues. It looks good, but the characters aren't all that interesting. Because of that, it makes it hard to get attached. Zero's characters are better than Blast's, but Blast looks markedly better so it's a wash.

Speaking of Zero's look, boy is the animation inconsistent. Sometimes it looks really good. Others not so much. The first episode looked down right bad at times. Also, those CG cars might just be the worst CG I've seen this year.

Overall, I expect it to get better. Even so, unless something crazy happens, I just don't see it bumping Space Brothers and Hunter x Hunter from my 1 and 2 slots on my AotY list.

Keep going, but I do recommend the bluray version, as the discs have a TON of extra content including extended discussions between characters about their motives and aspirations that arent present in the TV broadcast. This is not a show about action, but more about strategy, powergrabs, and treachery.

/XX/

And other legendary animators such as Mahiro Maeda, Takeshi Honda, and Toshiyuki Inoue.
Every time his works come up I think to myself "when will Hiroyuki Kitakubo return as a director?"... Was he so promising that ended up burning himself easily? I don't know the reasons behind all that, after commencing so young. I hope the rumors of some years ago about him working on a film since long ago are true.

duckroll

Every time his works come up I think to myself "when will Hiroyuki Kitakubo return as a director?"... Was he so promising that ended up burning himself easily? I don't know the reasons behind all that, after commencing so young. I hope the rumors of some years ago about him working on a film since long ago are true.

Speaking of director-animators who fell off the planet, it might be time to take another look at the rumor that Iso has been working on something new. It doesn't look like he's working on From the New World, and Evangelion 3.0 is out now and he didn't work on that either. Any ideas as to what else he could be working on? Unless the project hasn't been announced yet...

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero 04
Ok, I officially missing something here. Why does everyone think this is by far the number 1 or 2 show of the year? I thought I'd have some insight once I saw the first real fight. Had I seen this before Blast of Tempest, I may have been impressed. It looked good, but nothing fantastic. Still, any use of CG in this show is horrendous. I like it, but top of the year it misses by quite a bit so far.

A lot of it has to do with Rider being a BOSS and Gilgamesh being an arrogant fuck, Caster being a crazy monster, and other interesting surprises. But some if it was also "you had to be there" for the discussion and the group experience.

My Little Precure: Smile is Magic 15

Hot mom pants make hot moms hot.

Ever since the Honey, I shrunk the kids! parody the art has been a bit off.

Must keep on movin' ahead. No time for guessing; follow my plan instead!

Did I say Pinkie Pie's mom is hot? Cause she's hot.

Behind every moe waifu is a SMOKING HOT MILF. Its genetics, yo.

What a surprise -- the next light novel volume of Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru S&#333; Desu yo? that comes out in July will bundle an OAD Blu-ray episode that won't be part of the TV series.

I wonder, is it easier to count the number of recent series that haven't had some sort of bonus OVA/OAD episode?

More bunny girls. MORE MORE. Drown me in bunny girls!

Welp, just got to Berserker. I was starting to like/accept CG. Fuck CG. You've ruined it for everyone Fate/Zero. The worst part, there is no real obvious reason for that character to be CG. Why they'd make that visual sacrifice is mind boggling.

As for the show itself, it might as well be called "Rider being awesome and Gilgamesh insulting people" as those are the two aspects I'm really enjoying.

Youll see later why Berserker is awesome and why CG works for him.

whoa
that nose comes out at a 90 degree angle

Old school anime design, baby! I happen to love that style. Plastic Little also did it.

I'm okay with this.

But I also agree with this.

For Dekomori, her secret crush. Obviously. /yuri goggles

The lesson here is that in Tonari and Chuunibyo, every team is best team!

Onii Chan blah blah ep 8

http://i.imgur.com/DLrUB.gif

NGMbl.gif

This is too much for me to handle. I ain't gonna img tag that gif.

Yeah that's....no.

Kagami

I'm thinking about going in with the year deal with Crunchyroll; I certainly watch enough anime to justify this deal. However, I might be living in Japan after this summer. Will CR still work if I live over in Japan?
Nope.
There are a number of Japanese domestic anime streaming services, but they don't have English, if that's an issue.
Of course, you can work around territory restrictions with proxues/VPNs.

New Duck Roll Hype Show?

Doomed to fail.

Is duckroll hyping something? I didn't see that.

I think it's worth noting Akitoshi Yokoyama's first TV anime directing job. Yokoyama is a very capable storyboarder/episode director/animator, probably most notable for his work on Yuasa's shows.

Dresden

Come to think of it. How did Guilty Crown still manage to get hype after the majority found out that Hiroyuki Yoshino is behind it?

Look at the director, the writers, people wanted something over the top and stupid/fun - something like Code Geass. And looking back much of the 'hype' was ironic or pessimistic anyways.

cajunator

Banned
Come to think of it. How did Guilty Crown still manage to get hype after the majority found out that Hiroyuki Yoshino is behind it?

Because people were hoping against hope for Code Geass rebirth.
A show so awful that it transcends and becomes a masterpiece.

Always deals on stuff I already own, still waiting for the next season of Fairy Tail to be released.

Basically this.
Granted its not a BAD thing because it means you already own most of what you want and dont have to spend too much more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom