• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Don't talk about Duckroll Hype until it actually occurs. Until then, have some real hype.

qzTE0.gif

5LQqS.gif

A glorious present for Biscotti fans. SOme of which is very much not safe for work
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/millhiore-f-biscotti

duckroll

Sometimes I think reading this thread too regularly drives good people mad. >_<

----

MADHOUSE LIVES

Idolm@ster 18 was clearly training for this. Yokotama has mastered the art of MOE.

Lol. I'll rather see him doing stuff like his Idolmaster episode rather than his Deadman Wonderland (and Fujiko >_<) episodes anyway.

cajunator

Banned
Sometimes I think reading this thread too regularly drives good people mad. >_<

----

Lol. I'll rather see him doing stuff like his Idolmaster episode rather than his Deadman Wonderland (and Fujiko >_<) episodes anyway.

I'm already insane, so this thread has no discernible effect.
It merely brings others to my level.
At least now they can understand me better :D

Two stars spilled over and fell from the sky.
Skimming the surface of light and darkness
They pull each other like so many ripples

One travels a proud road, guided by the sun
One eyes an ambitious end, by way of sacrifice

With your heart pounding, burn yourself out brightly
Throw its beat from your hand, fill your body with courage
Firmly resolute to its 'applause'!
The destiny of your blood
Jojo

The die is cast, there's nowhere to go but on
Within a bizarre whirl, the roll continues
An eternally roaming adventurer

The one who stands triumphant over his fear gains a golden spirit
And for the two he has met, does battle

Like a rising curtain, the story has no end
Lives colliding with sparks, their youthful days alit
Bring 'fortune' for your future!
The destiny of your blood
Jojo

Never again to come loose, an interlocked destiny
Everything's started from here

Just felt that needed to be posted. So good.

Necrovex

Nope.
There are a number of Japanese domestic anime streaming services, but they don't have English, if that's an issue.
Of course, you can work around territory restrictions with proxues/VPNs.

Well, seems like I just saved $50. Thanks for the quick reply!

Right, that. Are they extending it to PSN too? Wouldn't mind Cladun or Legasista for cheap.

They are separate events.

The online store begins today while their PSN sale has already begun. Though, the only thing they discounted last week was the Disgaea 4 DLC, but we all hope they discount better things this week.
ZHP please!

cajunator

Banned
Fuck DVD. I might just buy Bluray from now on. At least with new stuff. There is NO EXCUSE ON EARTH not to have a bluray version of everything now.

cajunator

Banned
Its not being entitled. I see bargain bin blurays of terrible C grade movies at Best Buy these days. there is no fucking excuse not to have a bluray of everything at this point. Even if it has to be a barebones packaging. If it must be DVD, then include an artbook or pencil board or something so it doesnt look like a cheapshit copout garbage release. Im talking to you Sentai.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

lolwut

I mean, I liked Kamisama Dolls more than most people here, but it makes zero fucking sense for one to be BD and the other to be DVD when they're both just going to sell to the same tiny pool of collectors!

I guess they're just going to plaster Hibino's enormous tits all over the packaging and hope they get enough impulse buys to recoup the dreaded BD licensing/pressing costs.

Though Sentai could improve the quality of their blu rays, on the Horizon one, half of an episode becomes really pixelated, fortunately no action but that was annoying and one issue that shouldnt have been over looked.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I've bought a couple of things from them in the past but I hate the barebones packaging so it usually has to be something that I really really want.

I'm glad that they've stepped up to the plate with Penguindrum, for instance, but getting two standard-size BD cases is so underwhelming. I know I've said this before, but because I spend far more time staring at my physical anime on a shelf than I do actually watching it, presentation matters. I know that they can only release most of this stuff at all because they operate on shoestring margins, but it's still not ideal!

It seems if you want a new series, Sentai has the rights for it. I get upset how bare bones Sentai releases are from packaging and extras.

As long as they have lots of extras on disc and even commentaries, etc, like No. 6 and Un-go, and P4A. Not like Viz ever has extras and funimation is what, clean opening and endings...

/XX/

Speaking of director-animators who fell off the planet, it might be time to take another look at the rumor that Iso has been working on something new. It doesn't look like he's working on From the New World, and Evangelion 3.0 is out now and he didn't work on that either. Any ideas as to what else he could be working on? Unless the project hasn't been announced yet...
I was so confident on the evergrowing rumors as the events approached, blindly following the hype... that it reached a moment when we would continue the preach it, to just believe in something, just hoping even though we knew the real answer...

... never again... :-X ...
until the next slight opportunity, like always.

Lol, all he does is direct Episode. This will end up badly I persume.
Don't forget Dresden's recent sacrifice to see how this man handles directing an OVA!

cajunator

Banned
It seems if you want a new series, Sentai has the rights for it. I get upset how bare bones Sentai releases are from packaging and extras.

Exactly.
For us collectors of physical media, we want something packaged well. Otherwise we would just get a digital release. I want physical media and swag, which is why I gladly pay more for Aniplex and NISA sets. They have the right idea. I like my artbooks, pencil boards, mini figures, artboxes, translation booklets, postcards, posters, you get the picture.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's what I'm saying. :p

I guess I wasn't clear. I'd laugh at madpierrot's joke if Kamisami Dolls BD didn't exist. lol

Infinite Stratos and Ikuko Croisee are two of their most "feature packed" discs. Much more so than the anime standard.

Even A-Channel has a VA interview thing.

I think it's just with certain shows, the rights to get the stuff is prohibitive. Even for IS, they had to omit one of the cast commentaries for some reason.

Though Sentai could improve the quality of their blu rays, on the Horizon one, half of an episode becomes really pixelated, fortunately no action but that was annoying and one issue that shouldnt have been over looked.

Well that saves me from ever buying their Horizon release.

That's what I'm saying. :p

I guess I wasn't clear. I'd laugh at madpierrot's joke if Kamisami Dolls BD didn't exist. lol

I'm bad at jokes.

jbug617

Banned
Exactly.
For us collectors of physical media, we want something packaged well. Otherwise we would just get a digital release. I want physical media and swag, which is why I gladly pay more for Aniplex and NISA sets. They have the right idea. I like my artbooks, pencil boards, mini figures, artboxes, translation booklets, postcards, posters, you get the picture.

I would love if NIS had the rights for Tsuritama because I trust them to make it a premium release. I hope Sentai at least will make it a bluray release.

I would love if NIS had the rights for Tsuritama because I trust them to make it a premium release. I hope Sentai at least will make it a bluray release.

Dont they decide that based on streaming numbers? Hopefully people actually streamed it on Crunchyroll and the Anime Network Player. Id want it dubbed at least, which is the only issue with NISA getting stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dont they decide that based on streaming numbers? Hopefully people actually streamed it on Crunchyroll and the Anime Network Player. Id want it dubbed at least, which is the only issue with NISA getting stuff.
Haru is bad enough without an English dub. Just imagining it is horrifying.

Syrinx

Fuck DVD. I might just buy Bluray from now on. At least with new stuff. There is NO EXCUSE ON EARTH not to have a bluray version of everything now.

There are too many series I need to catch up on, like, now for me to be too picky (watching Cowboy Bebop on DVD now), but I guess you're right; everything else has blu-ray now, so why is anime different? I will be strictly waiting for blu-ray releases of Ghibli movies, however. There are enough to tide me over for now, and it's fun having something to look forward to. Still, how they all aren't available on blu-ray is pretty mind-boggling. I guess the same could be said for other companies, though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Tsuritama would have been a good fit for NISA. The show's art would have translated perfectly to the gorgeous flat, rectangular artboxes that NISA uses for their deluxe editions, and it probably would have come with a sizable artbook.

Instead, this is probably what we'll get with Sentai:

mlWQm.jpg

(I made this shop months ago but it's suddenly relevant, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom