• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

No, how did we end up with a kind of alright show that constantly trips over itself if it's so hard to screw up Chihayafuru? The last half of the series offered dip after dip when it came to quality, and the show is anything but consistent.

Well it's hard when everything good in the show has to work around the fact that karuta is a boring and stupid game.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
With only 800 posts left I'm surprised we all haven't hit "POST A SHITLOAD OF STUFF RLY QUICK" yet.

I doubt the hype train will leave the station.

Is duckroll hyping something? I didn't see that.

I think it's worth noting Akitoshi Yokoyama's first TV anime directing job. Yokoyama is a very capable storyboarder/episode director/animator, probably most notable for his work on Yuasa's shows.

Photo Kano and Madhouse? I don't think Duckroll is hyping this show at all.

The use of "Holy crap!" and exclamation marks implies there is some sort of excitement (see: hype).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
No, how did we end up with a kind of alright show that constantly trips over itself if it's so hard to screw up Chihayafuru? The last half of the series offered dip after dip when it came to quality, and the show is anything but consistent.
There's only so much you can do with karuta before it gets stale.

wonzo

Banned
My Little Monster 9
tonari9.jpg
tonari9a.jpg

natsume continues to be the best character for getting incredibly frustrated at the ridiculously slow progress between haru & shitzutani

How did we end up with that great season?
did you even watch the later half?

With only 800 posts left I'm surprised we all haven't hit "POST A SHITLOAD OF STUFF RLY QUICK" yet.
yeah lets make the thread even more unreadable!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I appreciated the IS packaging a lot.
Thats how it should be done, bare minimum.

Also, Fractale of all things has a really sturdy beautiful artbox, so it clearly cannot be just based on streaming numbers.
No one does JP bonus features though. I mean, if the K-On movie ever comes here, I don't expect the director's commentary or the director's trip to London to be included on that disc. I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Akane is daijobu!

cajunator

Banned
Have you ever met someone like Madarame?

Not really.
Ive met shy people but that is a level of shy/awkward I have not personally seen.

This is true. but Chihayafuru made the most of it.
I wonder how they will keep it interesting throughout the next season.

My Little Monster 9

natsume continues to be the best character for getting incredibly frustrated at the ridiculously slow progress between haru & shitzutani

did you even watch the later half?

yeah lets make the thread even more unreadable!!!

Yes, I did. Enjoyed it all. Put it in my top ten list actually.
Loved it that much.

7Th

Kind of feels like Rikka is regressing mentally even further; outside of the UNSEEN HORIZON shit she pretty much communicates in short sentences and auuuuuuus now. This arc really needs to end.

Exactly! It's hard to actually sell Rikka as a character when her characterization consists in acting like a fucking pet even when they try to give her psychological depth.

cajunator

Banned

I seriously dont understand whats so hard about it. the polite thing to do would be to totally ignore it but if you must tell someone, just strike up a conversation and later mention it. This isnt rocket science.

Exactly! It's hard to actually sell Rikka as a character when her characterization consists in acting like a fucking pet even when they try to give her psychological depth.

Some people just make silly sounds. Myself for example. I screech like a pterodactyl at times. Its fun. Her "au" is extremely cute anyway.

jman2050

Rikka is just a poor man's badly handled Erio.

Also not anywhere near as cute!

cajunator

Banned
i'd rather read novid's blogs then any of that shit tbqh

Then surely you noticed the notable dips in quality towards the end (most of which happened after the recap episode, funny that)?

I did notice, but I was enjoying the show way too much to care about a drop in quality.
Karuta is a pretty fascinating game in my opinion.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is how ADV treated Princess TuTu.
You can see her crying. Poor thing. Fucking criminal.
That's more than one disc on that holder right? The worst form of disc packaging ever invented.

Strip karuta.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/reaction/pfft.gif

I'm afraid to say, but I did drop Uta Koi and I hardly ever drop shows. It wasn't bad, it just didn't engage me and so I ended up forgetting to catch up with it.

wonzo

Banned
I'm afraid to say, but I did drop Uta Koi and I hardly ever drop shows. It wasn't bad, it just didn't engage me and so I ended up forgetting to catch up with it.
you missed out on some yuu kobayashi lesbian antics yo. still, i can't really blame you for dropping it.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 6:
Man, that Oka sure is forward. She cuts straight to the point (and trolls Tsubaki in the process). I empathize a lot with Urabe because
I absolutely refuse to put on a smile for pictures. I just don't do that
. It's amusing watching Tsubaki stumble through a relationship and not know quite what he's doing right or wrong. It feels like there was some nice progress here, and
drool swapping to share tears
is possibly the weirdest way an anime has ever gotten an emotional reaction out of me.

Although the dream sequence in this episode was really short, I absolutely loved the style there. The architecture looked very neat, and the music was of course great.

No one does JP bonus features though. I mean, if the K-On movie ever comes here, I don't expect the director's commentary or the director's trip to London to be included on that disc. I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Some releases have them, but not nearly enough. That's really my biggest fault with anime releases. I don't care about not having a little insert inside the case, but I'd pay a little extra for subtitled commentary tracks.

Don't stare directly into the madness.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Some releases have them, but not nearly enough. That's really my biggest fault with anime releases. I don't care about not having a little insert inside the case, but I'd pay a little extra for subtitled commentary tracks.
Yep. Other than not being on BD, my big gripe with Sora no Woto is that the drama CDs weren't included.

Ah well. I guess if it mattered, you could always import.

Dat UtaKoi gif.

Steroyd

Ginga e Kickoff - 28

4ArQb.gif

Basically the episode was a mixture of focus on the growth of the weak lambs and the differences from a 11 v 11 to a 8 v 8 match.

They sure do like cutting the fat to get to the meat of these competitions, and I like that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ginga e Kickoff - 28

4ArQb.gif

Basically the episode was a mixture of focus on the growth of the weak lambs and the differences from a 11 v 11 to a 8 v 8 match.

They sure do like cutting the fat to get to the meat of these competitions, and I like that.

That gif is bad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ginga e Kickoff - 28

4ArQb.gif

I should get around to watching this show again. Not sure why I stopped watching it at around like episode 10 or whatever it was lol.

But what the hell is up with that gif :(

tTXRA.png

Don't tell me this was a lie. It was like the #1 reason I liked her! Her love for Ronaldo-sama, the greatest player on this planet was so strong and true. I can't believe that gif, I refuse to accept it.

Ginga e Kickoff 28
tumblr_me4ef1KE9M1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Jinsei wa ha ha! Fun episode back to the best parts of the anime, with double does of whoa whoa whoa whoa and my favorite track on it right there before the ending played.

Anyway Shou is great captain with the believe in yourself quote, really good.
Needed Ryouji making the other teams own score, but Kota and Aoto are great, so many scores

Hellsing Ultimate 2-4

The only part I didn't really enjoy was the battle with Rip Van Winkle because of how much she screamed/cried and didn't even fight back much. Alucard hasn't really been challenged by anyone other then Anderson so far both of which were too busy underestimating the other to go all out but it's not really a problem.

Also THAT SPEECH in OVA 4 just... damn. The Major truly is an incredible villain, it's really funny how one of the best villains I've seen is one without any real complex motives, he just wants one thing and will do anything for it
war

cajunator

Banned
Man I have a ton of Anime to catch up on. Stupid Wii U and Holidays.

What games did you get for it?
I love the miiverse concept with the artwork and stuff.

That's more than one disc on that holder right? The worst form of disc packaging ever invented.

Strip karuta.

Yes there is. Its several discs stacked on a spindle. I want to kill ADV for that but they died anyway so I guess it was Karma.
Also did you see how well Geneon packaged Kannazuki no Miko in my link?
The two should be reversed. KNM should be on a spindle and Princess tutu should have gotten the beautiful artwork, pretty disc cases and pencilboards :(

That seems to be a common thing with you.

It's the reason I stopped dropping by. :(

Porky-kun and Desk-kun would be the first ones to get naked.

What do you mean? that I enjoy anime? don't we all enjoy anime in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom