• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sword Art Online 21

When was it that Imouto got so bad I started wishing for more Asuna?

Oh, there she is! Oh, wait, tentacle rape.

Maedhros

God, I so want to rewatch Cyborg 009 (2001)... but I can't find it anywhere, legal or illegal. lol. And I doubt my country's Cartoon Network will bother to re-exhibit it. =/

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What do you mean? that I enjoy anime? don't we all enjoy anime in here?
Why else wouldn't we be here? My point was along the lines that you are quick to dismiss whatever critique someone may have of a show just because you found enjoyment out of it. While I commend the spirit of liking what you like in lieu of someone else's opinion, that kind of behaviour doesn't help discussion.
God, I so want to rewatch Cyborg 009 (2001)... but I can't find it anywhere, legal or illegal. lol. And I doubt my country's Cartoon Network will bother to re-exhibit it. =/
I remember liking that show far more than it probably deserved. Great soundtrack too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fate/Zero 01

Everyone seems like an asshole cept for that bug dude, but I don't even like him anyway.

Syrinx

Since Elfin Lied was being discussed earlier, is it good? The poster cajunator posted was pretty creepy, though I've seen it a few times now in the Netflix queue.

Man, I have a metric shitton of anime to watch. Most of my spare time lately goes to the mega-super-ultra awesome Persona 4 Golden. Maybe I'll go on a super anime binge when the semester is out. Take that, productivity!

cajunator

Banned
Why else wouldn't we be here? My point was along the lines that you are quick to dismiss whatever critique someone may have of a show just because you found enjoyment out of it. While I commend the spirit of liking what you like in lieu of someone else's opinion, that kind of behaviour doesn't help discussion.

I remember liking that show far more than it probably deserved. Great soundtrack too.

Again, what I said did not kill discussion, I was only commenting on what I thought of the show. If he doesnt like it because of a drop in quality, thats fine. I love the show enough to put it in my top ten of all time. I think Karuta is fascinating in its simplicity yet there is so much startegy involved. And the characters in Karuta were well developed considering the type of show it was. Its a long series so I dont mind a drop in quality because I was enjoying what was there to the fullest extent. I will watch Deen quality if its enjoyable enough.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, that's what I remember too. The problem was the time they aired it... around 01:00~01:30 AM. And I had school in the morning, so... =/
Toonami Latin America had the worst fucking schedule. :/
Again, what I said did not kill discussion, I was only commenting on what I thought of the show. If he doesnt like it because of a drop in quality, thats fine. I love the show enough to put it in my top ten of all time. I think Karuta is fascinating in its simplicity yet there is so much startegy involved. And the characters in Karuta were well developed considering the type of show it was. Its a long series so I dont mind a drop in quality because I was enjoying what was there to the fullest extent. I will watch Deen quality if its enjoyable enough.
Ok.

cajunator

Banned
Since Elfin Lied was being discussed earlier, is it good? The poster cajunator posted was pretty creepy, though I've seen it a few times now in the Netflix queue.

Man, I have a metric shitton of anime to watch. Most of my spare time lately goes to the mega-super-ultra awesome Persona 4 Golden. Maybe I'll go on a super anime binge when the semester is out. Take that, productivity!

Elfen Lied is decent.
Its not groundbreaking or amazing, but its worth watching. what kind of show are you expecting out of it because that will give us a good idea of if you might enjoy it or not.

Branduil

Nope.

Elfen Lied is decent.
Its not groundbreaking or amazing, but its worth watching. what kind of show are you expecting out of it because that will give us a good idea of if you might enjoy it or not.

Yeah it depends on how big someone's fetish for retarded girls who wet themselves is.

Theonik

I should get around to watching this show again. Not sure why I stopped watching it at around like episode 10 or whatever it was lol.

But what the hell is up with that gif :(

Don't tell me this was a lie. It was like the #1 reason I liked her! Her love for Ronaldo-sama, the greatest player on this planet was so strong and true. I can't believe that gif, I refuse to accept it.
That can't be... I know! That man must be deceiving her! He's led her to believe he's Ronaldo-sama! That is right! I cannot accept this!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I would say watch Sora no Woto. Same director, better story!

Syrinx

Elfen Lied is decent.

The poster gave the impression that it's rather violent and creepy, though you did mention that they increased the blood on the American poster. So... something like that I suppose? I'm not in any real hurry to watch anything now, as I said my free time is mostly used up at this point, and I really don't have all that much free time at all right now.

Edit: Just saw Branduil's post. Is that, um, accurate? Sounds pretty fucked up.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The poster gave the impression that it's rather violent and creepy, though you did mention that they increased the blood on the American poster. So... something like that I suppose? I'm not in any real hurry to watch anything now, as I said my free time is mostly used up at this point, and I really don't have all that much free time at all right now.
Elfen Lied has nudity and blood. Not necessarily a good thing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
When it's GIF spam, I expect to see a lot of SAO gifs. Seriously. I'm not joking.

There are like five gifable scenes in all of SAO!

Hellsing Ultimate 2-4

The only part I didn't really enjoy was the battle with Rip Van Winkle because of how much she screamed/cried and didn't even fight back much. Alucard hasn't really been challenged by anyone other then Anderson so far both of which were too busy underestimating the other to go all out but it's not really a problem.

Also THAT SPEECH in OVA 4 just... damn. The Major truly is an incredible villain, it's really funny how one of the best villains I've seen is one without any real complex motives, he just wants one thing and will do anything for it
war

Oh, yeah.
I LOVE WAR!
is pretty inspiring, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

qcf x2

Saber is pretty awful and dull and really ruins the show, terrible that she is the face of the franchise, getting all the figures treatment and etc, one would think she'd help develop her master but unfortunately fails to even do that.

If she was a he, where would this angst be? Would its weight be forgotten, and fall from the tree?

Metrotab

Banned
Mädchen and Tanks - 4

You know what goes great with a lighthearted comedy show about tank battles?
A nice big cup of FAMILY MELODRAMA.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hellsing Ultimate 2-4

The only part I didn't really enjoy was the battle with Rip Van Winkle because of how much she screamed/cried and didn't even fight back much. Alucard hasn't really been challenged by anyone other then Anderson so far both of which were too busy underestimating the other to go all out but it's not really a problem.

Also THAT SPEECH in OVA 4 just... damn. The Major truly is an incredible villain, it's really funny how one of the best villains I've seen is one without any real complex motives, he just wants one thing and will do anything for it
war

That's what makes him great really, he's
just like "I want to see the world burn" kind of guy

Good job watching the OVAs. I'll probably do a run through again when the last one comes out in December.

Syrinx

So, no on the Elfen Lied, huh?

Sorry for all of the dumb "is this good?" questions, by the way. I've got quite a long way to go before I can call myself an expert

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I watched it and liked it, but I was young and dumb.

Now I'm just older and dumb.

yami4ct

Sorry for all of the dumb "is this good?" questions, by the way. I've got quite a long way to go before I can call myself an expert

I wouldn't just say no, I'd say it's a hell no, never, act like it never existed.

And yeah, don't be afraid to ask for opinions here. I do it all the time. Place is a good sounding board.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Nah, that's what we're here for, it beats Kayos ranting about SAO, SDBurton ranting about flower gardens, and Novid ranting, at any rate.

Anyways, just be sure to ignore anyone who recommends you watch School Days.

yami4ct

Nah, that's what we're here for, it beats Kayos ranting about SAO, SDBurton ranting about flower gardens, and Novid ranting, at any rate.

Don't ignore us, become one of us. It's a necessary rite of passage.

cajunator

Banned

Well it does try very hard for shock value and can get fairly gorey. However it is also about a group of young girls in a race called diclonius who are given a power to kill, so they must be locked up. But they still have a human side, as Lucy demonstrates on occasion (as well as others). Its really not that offensive, but more just going for shock value with various results depending on the person. Didnt shock me at all. The show is pretty uneven with pacing and story, with several plotholes and improbabilities, but I would say its worth a watch if you do want something bloody and creepy. Yes the girls are fully nude, but its really not sexualized. Its more like they are monsters and treated as such. They are still young girls though so it kind of makes you feel bad for what they go through. I recall the show being fairly well received when it came out.

Syrinx

Don't ignore us, become one of us. It's a necessary rite of passage.

Already watched School Days, more out of morbid curiosity than anybody here telling me to. Though they did tell me to keep going after Ep.1, but frankly, once you're in the School Days abyss it's nearly impossible to escape.

yami4ct

Already watched School Days, more out of morbid curiosity than anybody here telling me to. Though they did tell me to keep going after Ep.1, but frankly, once you're in the School Days abyss it's nearly impossible to escape.

One of us, one of us, one of us

Branduil

Yes that actually happens in the show among other exploitations of young and naked girls.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You're far more likely to run into people talking about Persona 4 than any KyoAni show that isn't K-ON!
And you've probably shown up more often since that show started airing than you did before it did...
showmethereceipts.gif
Brazil.

You must be from here too, since I've saw some of your Precure pictures with PT-BR subtitles.
Close.
Mexico. Which doesn't preclude me from watching Precure in português.

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff!! 28

Someone must have forgotten to pay the animators.
Fun episode with mostly games being played and Reika being awesome. I like how Shou and Reika are growing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm only for prohibiting School Days recommendations if it means an uptick in Arjuna recommendations. It used to be the must-watch show for people interested in the deeper mysteries of AnimeGAF but it's been months since anyone's subjected themselves to it.

Branduil

I'm only for prohibiting School Days recommendations if it means an uptick in Arjuna recommendations. It used to be the must-watch show for people interested in the deeper mysteries of AnimeGAF but it's been months since anyone's subjected themselves to it.

Well, we all know the reason why people are watching School Days instead.

yami4ct

Hmmm, do I smell another challenge? I have a break coming up.........may have to give that a shot.

They dont exploit young naked girls in elfen Lied though. It is never sexualized at all.

From what I watched. Yes, yes it totally is. It's awful and disturbing as hell, and not in a way with any artistic merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom