• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Well, the late Tomat has pretty much done my work for me.

Fate/Zero 01

Everyone seems like an asshole cept for that bug dude, but I don't even like him anyway.

I guess I just technically finished season 1 of Fate/Zero. It's fine. I honestly don't know what the people saying top 3 of the year are smoking, as it has far too many problems that hold it back. All of the masters are pretty much complete assholes. Halfway through, I still don't have a complete grasp on their motivations. Saber is still terrible. The giant
Cthulhu beast
at the end of episode 13 was the wrong kind of ridiculous. The pace is glacial slow. 13 episodes in and I've feel we've barely moved off the start line.

Still, Rider and Gilgamesh are very awesome. The show has interesting ideas. I'm not sure they'll ever top episode 11. A whole episode of Rider and Gilgamesh shooting the shit? And they tear Saber's ideals down for being as childish as they are? It was amazing. The show is good, and I'll finish it, but it certainly won't make top 3 on my AotY list.

Theonik

Good schlock I can understand. Code Geauss schlock, with one of the most hateable, obnoxious, selfish protagonists of all time, I cannot.
A protagonist doesn't have to be likeable for the show to be enjoyable. Likewise a character isn't bad just because they are a douche.

cajunator

Banned
and that's why you never post on gaming side.

Well, you can, but you cannot blatantly troll like that. He had to have known that would get him banned. I have posted about the wiiU, because I have one.
Also posted in the NiGHTS thread because NiGHTS into Dreams is god tier.

yami4ct

A protagonist doesn't have to be likeable for the show to be enjoyable. Likewise a character isn't bad just because they are a douche.

No they're bad when the show treats them like geniuses and they act like idiots. The show also seems to want us to sympathize with him at times, something I couldn't do from episode 1.

Narag

Why is it that none of us ever go down for anything interesting? It's always something where you just look at the post and go "oh, well I guess that was bannable".

People in here generally have the sense to keep anything interesting in the appropriate thread.

yami4ct

Why is it that none of us ever go down for anything interesting? It's always something where you just look at the post and go "oh, well I guess that was bannable".

If ever I feel the need to bounce out of Gaf, I'll take my account out in a blaze of glory. I'll drive it straight into the sun, no survivors.

Ultimadrago

riptomatkxcmj.png

Jarmel

Banned
It's a short OVA showing what if Nasu had follow his original plan and had the protag of F/SN a female and Saber was a male.

It's pretty cool, makes you wish they done something with this instead of what we have now known as F/SN.

Wouldn't have sold though.

Halfway through, I still don't have a complete grasp on their motivations.

Huh? The only one that should be even remotely mysterious at that point is Keri.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, you can, but you cannot blatantly troll like that. He had to have known that would get him banned. I have posted about the wiiU, because I have one.
Also posted in the NiGHTS thread because NiGHTS into Dreams is god tier.

I venture onto gaming side exclusively to:

• ask questions in game OTs
  • comment in threads on game rarity/value
  • make generic YESSSSSSSSSS posts for localization announcements
  • bitch about the localization situation in relevant threads

That's it. Never ever take a stand on anything remotely controversial. Leave that to the pros. AnimeGAF basically is GAF to me and in the end I can take or leave everything else, so it's never worth it.

Tomat has left an indelible sweat stain on my heart. I'll light a candle in his name for all eternity.

yami4ct

That usually results in a deleted post and no one being able to figure out what happened.
Eh, I wouldn't care. I'd know and that's all that would matter.

Wouldn't have sold though.

Huh? The only one that should be even remotely mysterious at that point is Keri.

Sure, I know the basics. I know a couple of these dudes want to "save the world", I know crazy murder is crazy, etc, but I don't feel like I know any specifics. They want to save the world from what. The church wants to accomplish what exactly? I feel like there is a lot of annoying obfuscation going on here.

Jarmel

Banned
Sure, I know the basics. I know a couple of these dudes want to "save the world", I know crazy murder is crazy, etc, but I don't feel like I know any specifics. They want to save the world from what. The church wants to accomplish what exactly? I feel like there is a lot of annoying obfuscation going on here.

Perhaps you should have been paying more attention to the first episode. They laid all of that out then.

Sankarea OVA 1

Uncensored boobs at the start was not what I wanted. Otherwise was an alright episode when focused on Chihiro, for me, at least. Lots of laughs at his lazy moments etc.

His mom died there or something, why they kept changing the subject or scene whenever he seemed like he was about to say something, did they mention this in the anime, I cant remember

yami4ct

But that's what makes Lelouch so fucking endearing! He's such a fabulous douchebag you can't help but want him to win.

Sometimes I think you guys know about my burning, passionate hatred for Lelouch and are just trolling me.

I remember me ranting about Code Geauss is what brought me into this thread. It's all coming full circle.

Sket Dance 5:
Amazing. I burst out laughing at the Conan parody eyecatch. Despite being a relatively simplistic episode, they managed to make it really entertaining with some very hilarious moments. I especially loved the various 'showdowns' between Yuuki and Switch which were shown perfectly. Plus, there was the hilariously over the top stuff with the Student Council at the end of the episode. Simplistic, but effective, and the episode was just one of those things that leaves you feeling good inside.

Since Elfin Lied was being discussed earlier, is it good? The poster cajunator posted was pretty creepy, though I've seen it a few times now in the Netflix queue.

Man, I have a metric shitton of anime to watch. Most of my spare time lately goes to the mega-super-ultra awesome Persona 4 Golden. Maybe I'll go on a super anime binge when the semester is out. Take that, productivity!

Elfen Lied is divisive. Your interpretation could range from a beautiful piece that displays the cruelty of humans with thematic importance to a fetishistic bloodfest with no artistic value. I fall in the former category. So yeah, I would say it's worth watching.

That's it. Never ever take a stand on anything remotely controversial. Leave that to the pros. AnimeGAF basically is GAF to me and in the end I can take or leave everything else, so it's never worth it.

Should post in my ill-fated musou topics. They die by the end of the day and no one reads them anyway~

Branduil

Tomat has left an indelible sweat stain on my heart. I'll light a candle in his name for all eternity.

Anyone know how long we will be Tomat-less?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
People in here generally have the sense to keep anything interesting in the appropriate thread.

I wonder how many Vita jokes I've made in here that would have gotten me banned on gaming side? Several, I imagine.

There's rarely a need to.

I'm suddenly having difficulty even thinking of something that would constitute a "controversial gaming opinion" apart from console warz. Pretty much the most controversial gaming opinion I have is not liking Super Mario Galaxy, heh.

yami4ct

You have to make it subtle enough to trap half of GAF and watch them tear themselves apart. It's fairly easy.

Make it something about women.

I bet I know the right buttons to push in the Persona community to cause quite a riot. It's constantly teetering on the edge anyway, haha.

Branduil

Elfen Lied is divisive. Your interpretation could range from a beautiful piece that displays the cruelty of humans with thematic importance to a fetishistic bloodfest with no artistic value. I fall in the former category. So yeah, I would say it's worth watching.

Hyouka is divisive. Elfen Lied just tricks people into thinking it has something deep to say with a good OP song.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Should post in my ill-fated musou topics. They die by the end of the day and no one reads them anyway~

Now that Seraphis Cain posts in here sometimes we probably have all the people we need to get a Musou Community OT going. Consider it!

I bet I know the right buttons to push in the Persona community to cause quite a riot. It's constantly teetering on the edge anyway, haha.

PersonaGAF/SMT-GAF seems pretty vicious from my cursory interaction with them, though I don't know how much of that is just a handful of elitist SMT dudes who shit on Persona constantly. I was scared just asking a question in the P4G thread, heh.

yami4ct

PersonaGAF/SMT-GAF seems pretty vicious from my cursory interaction with them, though I don't know how much of that is just a handful of elitist SMT dudes who shit on Persona constantly. I was scared just asking a question in the P4G thread, heh.

Hardcore SMT people have given up on shitting on Persona fans. They're far outnumbered. The problem is the hardcore persona 'shippers. The arguments over canon relationships are worse than any thread on any anime board. It's part of what makes a huge aspect of that community suck.

cajunator

Banned
What did Tomat get banned for? What thread?

It was a silly trolling post making fun of xbox and sony fans. He posted in some thread about the Steam version of something far outselling the console versions.
It was pretty dumb all around and not a thread worth getting banned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom