• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 21

iFD8ON8SlGlE7.gif

the entire episode was pretty much this for 23 minutes. endless streams of cghorse sprites running into endless streams of cgsoldier sprites. sure brings back memories of all that time i wasted playing age of empires

cajunator

Banned
Kingdom 21

iFD8ON8SlGlE7.gif

the entire episode was pretty much this for 23 minutes. endless streams of cghorse sprites running into endless streams of cgsoldier sprites. sure brings back memories of all that time i wasted playing age of empires

This is absolutely amazing.
Its epic in the worst way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Took me a while to realise there were soldiers where and it wasn't just a funny looking ground texture.

Uchip

Banned
Kingdom 21

iFD8ON8SlGlE7.gif

Berserk, this is how its done

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ShougoGal: My Husbando is Bishie So I Got To Doki Doki/Fabulous Max Him II: It's Straight-Up Monster Time 03
The Brain's Baseness started showing up a little bit in this episode, but thankfully it's not a cartoon that requires vast amounts of animation, so that's okay.

Pleasantly surprised at the speed the plot is going. While the overall theme of the episode wasn't as strong as the previous ones it was nevertheless fun to watch. Great art direction too. The reaction faces are gloriously happy and funny and moé.
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse

I... uh...

What?

I thought I had prepared myself for Ikuhara
One is never fully prepared for teh Ikuhara.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 31

Not really surprised Red Hair and Nanami aren't related. They look nothing alike. I wonder if Nanami's love for her brother blinded her to this. I'm also very confused as to why this is upsetting to her unless she only loved her brother because he was her older brother and doesn't have a real love for him. Also amusing how the Himemiyas shocked her considering her incestuous love.
Because Nanami's entire worldview is built around Touga: she defines herself according to her brother's social status. Basically, everything's a lie.
Presenting the fantastic week one sales debut for last season's other noitaminA show:

**,302 *1 Natsuyuki Rendezvous [DVD+BD]: 2012/10/19
I want to feel bad about this, but I can't.
I'm just rambling at this point, so I'll just ask the most important question: how did you like Nanami's appearance? Wasn't she just grand? :3
....:(

edit: don't get all the Tsuritama comparisons with My Little Monster. For one, the characters in the latter are not annoying as fuck.

Firemind

I guess to be fair, the progression is exactly the same. Sorata feels like he's top dog in his relationship with Mashiro because she doesn't know what underwear is for and otherwise has no common sense. Of course, then he founds out that in fact, she's
a child prodigy and his inferiority complex immediately sets in, setting up the Oreki-esque crisis of this week's episode
. I guess I'm just not sure how I feel about a story like that applied to haremshit shenanigans, since of course, I find that arc of
Hyouka
to be outstanding (for anime).

I was the first here, I think!

It's my #guiltypleasure (or #odanobuna) show of the season. But after episode 3, my mind is totally fucked.

It's like when I saw the super-SHAFTy episode of BakaTest 2 or the extremely arty normal-girl arc of TWGOK S2. I'm not sure if I'm giving the show too much credit for being good or if my expectations of haremshit are so low that I'm being easily impressed by something relatively standard by any other measure.

This show is an Okada-bot show? Fuck, I'm just going to assume it's all the source material then. :p

And to be fair, I just knew it was a harem when it popped up. I'm not sure why or how I pick which harems to watch though. As long as they don't air on a busy day, I suppose.

It's not a harem. Love triangles are not a harem. Just like Toradora isn't a harem. Might as well call Ano Natsu a harem when two girls have the hots for the mc.

sonicmj1

One is never fully prepared for teh Ikuhara.

Clearly.

Because Nanami's entire worldview is built around Touga: she defines herself according to her brother's social status. Basically, everything's a lie.

Moreover,
since Touga is a notorious playboy, and he's been with pretty much everyone else in the school besides her, she feels like her family relationship with Touga is what keeps him attached to her. If he's not her brother or her lover, then she's cut off from him just like all the other commoners.

The good news is that after we watched the movie, I convinced my friend to watch Blood-C and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun in exchange for me starting Toradora.

Steroyd

Miname-Ke Omatase OVA

O' triangular and pentagonal mouths it's been a long time.

Completely forgot this show had a cross dresser, and a tomboy to balance it out, everything seems more of the same from what I did remember which isn't a bad thing.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kingdom 21

iFD8ON8SlGlE7.gif

Who greenlit this?

Why was this greenlit?

I DEMAND ANSWERS!

My Little Monster is single-handedly restoring my faith in Japan's ability to deliver a genuinely charming and believable story with lovable characters without ANY hint of creepiness, overly sexualized characters, offensive pandering, or terrible fan-service.

Thank god for this.

Also, the artwork in this series is freaking gorgeous. Especially that ED sequence.

Perhaps i'm misunderstanding but I thought people had concern over haru getting pretty creepy at times, the rape comment, constantly grabbing shizuku in dark alleys, and having anger management issues.

cajunator

Banned
From the New world 03

A leisurely canoe trip down a really creepy river just adds to the uneasiness. Then the kids spot something off in the bushes...
Damn this show just creeps me out. Its obviously supposed to do that and is doing a damn fine job of it. The part at the end was rather unexpected and adds a whole new level of tension, despite it not seeming dangerous. This show continues to be very intriguing.

Reading Duckroll's My Little Monster impressions actually reminded me of a show I totally missed but wasn't sure about.

What's the consensus on Tsuritama? Is it worth a watch?

One of the best original anime to come out this year. Excellent characters, fun story, and good visuals. Well be disappointed if upon its domestic release Sentai gives it a DVD only sub only release...

cjkeats

The subs in your screencaps are fucking awful. Unless they just slightly altered more dialogue in the movies than I remembered.

Sacrifices have to be made for my precious bandwidth.
Moving on..

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 4
This episode was a whole lotta reflecting on the previous episodes "incident".
Other than that, not much happened until the end.
Hitomi being taken by witches and leading Madoka to a mass sucide using something she had a specific flashback to? My conspiracy theory radar is going off. I bet it was all a set up.
I'm a little surprised it's episode 4 and
Madoka still isn't a Puella Magi.

The animation continues to impress.

Over all the show is great so far, a total bait and switch from what I was expecting. Looks like we're getting set for a new arc at least, and I'm ready for more.

cajunator

Banned
Moving on..

Hitomi being taken by witches and leading Madoka to a mass sucide using something she had a specific flashback to? My conspiracy theory radar is going off. I bet it was all a set up.

Over all the show is great so far, a total bait and switch from what I was expecting. Looks like we're getting set for a new arc at least, and I'm ready for more.

You'll love her.

mAcOdIn

NotChuu2 but Pet Girl 3

I guess to be fair, the progression is exactly the same. Sorata feels like he's top dog in his relationship with Mashiro because she doesn't know what underwear is for and otherwise has no common sense. Of course, then he founds out that in fact, she's
a child prodigy and his inferiority complex immediately sets in, setting up the Oreki-esque crisis of this week's episode
Perhaps I'm an ass but I find it doesn't really matter how amazingly talented you are at something if you can't put your clothes on or get food for yourself. So, Sorata's WAY above Mashiro because if Mashiro wasn't born in a society that somewhat looked after their helpless, or at the least didn't have a family that could afford to do the same, she'd be dead by 20. No one may have ever known Sorata's name and he'd probably never be famous but I believe he could put food on his table. Hence, yeah, he's on top.

Defuser

Tonari no Kaibutsu kun ep 4

0cUTE.png

It's very hard to take this serious scene seriously.I just can't stop staring at it!

4MIf4.png

A perfect execution of a misunderstanding situation.

LAxM5.png

Late to the watermelon innuendo party.

Moving on..

I like the fact that you watch the TV version of Madoka and not the superior BD version.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Kingdom 21

iFD8ON8SlGlE7.gif

You've already mentioned Age of Empires, so there's nothing left to say here. I'll catch up eventually.

Naruto SD 30
tumblr_mccb9bdIgn1qknafpo1_500.gif

Deidara and Tobi are perfect for this anime. First time Ive laughed in an episode that didnt have Naruto in it at all. Driving safety tips and Halloween (I guess JPN has no Halloween, they phrased it as an American Obon?) were funny.

Tonari no Kaibutsu - 04
gZT3Fl.jpg

How does he manage that ... the simple fact that her daughter doesn't do anything about it is even more intresting ..poor dad !!
Very nice episode ..remember , guys ! smiling is the key to everything !!

On the episode itself , another sub-plot started in this episode and that make this anime even more intresting..

EP4 delivered on all fronts perfectly ..can't wait to watch ep 5

Yep misunderstanding powa at work ..

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 101
Girls talking about dudes feels so out of place in this show. Dammit Katerose. This is not a cartoon that passes the Bechdel Test for female presence in media. It feels sexist after discussing all that Utena last page.

Julian finally grows some balls and decides to attack the Empire, taking advantage of the multiple riots occurring throughout Neue Land. It kinda seems like a suicide attack, but this is something Yang Wenli would do so whatever.

When are they gonna confront the Terraist threat? Nine episodes to go and that strand of the plot still feels secondary despite the fact that it's the one influence moving everything along.

cjkeats

THey do require a bit of cheddar to acquire. however in my case I had already fallen in love with the show, so I was like "fuck it".

I'd consider it if I could find them locally, but the only place that sells Anime around here is HMV and saying the selection is limited is being generous. I'd rather not wait a month for them to ship to me, especially after I've already started.

BluWacky

He also watches a version where Mami's attack is called "Yellow Finale"!

To be fair, "Tiro" does sound a bit like "Yellow" when put through katakana and Japanese pronunciation, and all her colour theming is yellow. If you're transcribing from audio only it's easy to make mistakes.

cajunator

Banned
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun 04

This show is so much fun. I love everything about it. EVERYTHING. The music, the setting, the romantic bits, the filtered Tsuritama artstyle, the opening and ending songs, the quirky BGM, the character designs, the voices, the humor, the awkwardness, EVERYTHING.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Weekly Sales Rankings for Oct. 15-21:

Blu-ray
10, *,300 1,852 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.2 Limited Edition

I feel like it's a some kind of favor that is paid off to get an ending to an anime that probably no on really asked for. lol

It's not a harem. Love triangles are not a harem. Just like Toradora isn't a harem. Might as well call Ano Natsu a harem when two girls have the hots for the mc.
I dunno, it's only episode 3, so I just assume there's more women yet to appear.

Perhaps I'm an ass but I find it doesn't really matter how amazingly talented you are at something if you can't put your clothes on or get food for yourself. So, Sorata's WAY above Mashiro because if Mashiro wasn't born in a society that somewhat looked after their helpless, or at the least didn't have a family that could afford to do the same, she'd be dead by 20. No one may have ever known Sorata's name and he'd probably never be famous but I believe he could put food on his table. Hence, yeah, he's on top.
Hey, I'm just telling you want the show is trying to tell us!

Tonari no Kaibutsu kun ep 4

http://i.imgur.com/0cUTE.png
It's very hard to take this serious scene seriously.I just can't stop staring at it!
I was going to post this but... just forgot or whatever. I found it convenient that they go back to the site of the first "incident" right after his second "incident". It's a nice way to show how things have changed for Haru anyway.

Maedhros

Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun 04

This show is so much fun. I love everything about it. EVERYTHING. The music, the setting, the romantic bits, the filtered Tsuritama artstyle, the opening and ending songs, the quirky BGM, the character designs, the voices, the humor, the awkwardness, EVERYTHING.

It's the best show of the season, hands down. The last shoujo i liked was Sakamichi no Apollon, but this one actually has humour, GOOD humour, which makes it superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom