• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun 04

This show is so much fun. I love everything about it. EVERYTHING. The music, the setting, the romantic bits, the filtered Tsuritama artstyle, the opening and ending songs, the quirky BGM, the character designs, the voices, the humor, the awkwardness, EVERYTHING.
Ain't it great when cute shows are also good shows?

cajunator

Banned
Ain't it great when cute shows are also good shows?

Yep.
Seeing as I think most shows are cute, a show has to be special to really stand out. This one definitely does. It flows so well I dont even pause it to go do something else. The other show this season that has my attention that much is From The New world.

Steroyd

Is this new Panzer show on the same level of weird as Upotte?

Depends what level of weird we're talking about here.

S8EtB.gif

We need you!

OIUt1.jpg

Tank moe.

gxTs1.jpg

That feeling of shooting off.

duckroll

Gyrozetter - Episode 4

This feels like another week of drawn out filler content. Shunsuke's introduction is pretty draggy, and I think the most annoying part is how boring the enemy designs have been. This week we get a bad CG race, the female support crew all in race queen outfits, and most rival drama between Kakeru and Shunsuke! It's mostly silly, definitely a kid's cartoon, but still kinda fun. The pace definitely needs to pick up soon though, or I'll get bored. At least next week it looks like we'll be seeing a new enemy robot design! Hope it has cool attacks, lol.

Presenting the fantastic week one sales debut for last season's other noitaminA show:

**,302 *1 Natsuyuki Rendezvous [DVD+BD]: 2012/10/19
Summer 2012 Preliminary First Volume Sales

22,254 *4 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II [BD]: 2012/09/21
*7,274 *2 Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/28
*5,347 *2 Hakuouki Reimeiroku [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/26
*3,762 *2 Arcana Familia [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/26
*3,337 *1 Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate [DVD+BD]: 20

I still dont understand why Muv Luv isnt licensed beyond Crunchyroll yet, but at least everything else I liked is. I guess thats good for Arcana Famiglia...hope for a s2...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I fell asleep watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 3 yesterday, and I was planning to catch up on the noitaminA stuff afterwards, haha :(

Always save the shoujo stuff for last.

Presenting the fantastic week one sales debut for last season's other noitaminA show:

**,302 *1 Natsuyuki Rendezvous [DVD+BD]: 2012/10/19

The full list as it stands now, with only SAO and Kokoro Connect left:

I'm glad most of last season's shitty shows bombed hard.

Sad for Natsuyuki, though.

cajunator

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 01

Well, this was depraved, but thats typical.
Dunno what to make of it really. Its just very typical haremshit wit a really dense girl who thinks nothing of being nude around a guy she doesnt even know and is seemingly too stupid to do anything for herself. I guess I'm just getting tired of shows like this. Artwise it looks ok. the character designs are kind of cute but its just mediocre. reminds me of Mayoi Neko Overrun. Same sort of deadpan girl with no personality whatsoever. I do like the genki anime director girl. She's insane. I like insane. Teacher looks pretty nice too. I guess I'll watch another episode to see if this is really worth any time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Weekly Sales Rankings for Oct. 15-21:

Blu-ray
*1, 6,018 6,018 Yuru Yuri ♪♪ vol.2
*2, 4,260 4,260 Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita vol.2
*3, 4,162 4,162 Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A vol.5
*4, 1,730 1,730 Arata naru Sekai Blu-ray Box Limited Edition
*5, 1,587 1,587 Sakamichi no Apollon vol.4
*6, 1,008 1,008 Mazinger Movies 1973 - 1976
*7, *,696 4,070 Five Star Stories Blu-ray Box
*8, *,356 *,356 Zetman vol.5
*9, *,302 *,302 Natsuyuki Rendezvous vol.1
10, *,300 1,852 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.2 Limited Edition

tumblr_mcb6lkCSJj1qmzcz5o1_400.gif

jbug617

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 01

Well, this was depraved, but thats typical.
Dunno what to make of it really. Its just very typical haremshit wit a really dense girl who thinks nothing of being nude around a guy she doesnt even know and is seemingly too stupid to do anything for herself. I guess I'm just getting tired of shows like this. Artwise it looks ok. the character designs are kind of cute but its just mediocre. reminds me of Mayoi Neko Overrun. Same sort of deadpan girl with no personality whatsoever. I do like the genki anime director girl. She's insane. I like insane. Teacher looks pretty nice too. I guess I'll watch another episode to see if this is really worth any time.

Yeah the anime director might be the best character in the show. I think the show is ok, it's nothing special.

Steroyd

Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo - 03

Oh I see they're trying to draw parralell's of inferiority complex's between Jin and Sorata, with their other halves, although it's stupid in Sorata's case because she's able bodied yet can't function without another person. I don't know what Jin's deal is though, too jelly and feels he'll end up hating Misaki eventually?

Joe Molotov

cajunator

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 02

She really is completely helpless. And the latter part of the episode....
This is some major wish fulfillment fantasy/self insertion stuff.
She's a manga artist and thus a tiny bit more interesting than whatshername from Mayoi Neko overrun. If I continue this its because of Aoyama and animation girl. They make this show pretty fun.

Defuser

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo ep 3
I swear J.C.Staff and Okada is trying to set this show up as the next Toradora or something.

cajunator

Banned
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo ep 3
I swear J.C.Staff and Okada is trying to set this show up as the next Toradora or something.

I dunno. Taiga has actual personality.
Shiina is just...there. she is enormously talented though.
I like the show enough that I will watch episode 3, but that will have to be later because I need sleep before going to work.

Nafe

Reading about the "Wall of Shame" reminded me how you can check who's posted in a thread. It was mentioned how one does that in an older OT but since I wasn't a member of NeoGaf at the time, just reading the forum as someone in the general public, I didn't pay too much attention to it.

I was just wondering if someone could re-explain how to do that if it's not too much trouble to ask?

I've seen it 5-6 times over the past decade, myself.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you gone through and watched Sailor Moon?

Hardcover manga?

I never see the little mini scrollbar, your edit just cuts out for me all the time and I can't read it. How is it supposed to work?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reading about the "Wall of Shame" reminded me how you can check who's posted in a thread. It was mentioned how one does that in an older OT but since I wasn't a member of NeoGaf at the time, just reading the forum as someone in the general public, I didn't pay too much attention to it.

I was just wondering if someone could re-explain how to do that if it's not too much trouble to ask?
Click on number of replies in the forum.

Emitan

Utena 33 seems to be a recap which is pretty boring when I'm marathoning the show. No comments on 32 because it basically clarified what happened in 31.

fertygo

Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo - 03

Oh I see they're trying to draw parralell's of inferiority complex's between Jin and Sorata, with their other halves, although it's stupid in Sorata's case because she's able bodied yet can't function without another person. I don't know what Jin's deal is though, too jelly and feels he'll end up hating Misaki eventually?

I think
Its very clear Jin's reason to be a playboy is to hide his inferiority to Misaki. Pretending he's the man and such

@Cajun
Why you sleeping at afternoon and go to work at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom