• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fixed that for ya

I found animegaf through your qoute though, so I am really grateful but just do not show it, like a tsundere. It is quite odd as I seem to share most of your other opinions.

Hahaha, really? Well, welcome. :p

I don't know if my opinion on Redline is any different from any of my other opinions on other texts. But who knows. lol

faridmon

Oh. Huh.

That's not a very common opinion.

Maybe, my judgment is clouded by how awful the situations and the stereotypical misunderstandings, but I really found them all pathetic. They do remind me of the main guy in the Cold Fish, the Japanese movie.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Jex

That's true. Frankly the entire idea of a tsundere is terrible, the only way it actually could be approached "well" in my opinion was if the character had split personalities or something.

Well I think you're onto something here, at least. The idea of a 'best characters that conforms to a stupid character-type" doesn't really make much sense.

7Th

Holy shit, is someone monitoring my comp?! o_O

Sounds pretty damn similar to the rant I gave to my friends the first time I went through Utena.

You're not bad, SD:

i94024.jpg

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=3470

Jex

[Hidamarki Sketch] - 6

Hngh, etc etc. The usual Hidamari Apartment antics can't quite top the excellent hallucination/fever dream from the previous episode, but it's still good.

jman2050

They do and they grow out of it around the age of 5.

I have trouble holding stuff like this against certain shows because most fiction, by design, rely on exaggerations and simplified elements of human psychology to properly communicate to the audience.

mAcOdIn

I, strongly, think that those I have met are over 5.
1. How can you not be sure if they were over 5 or not?

2. Are you sure it was the classic tsundere? Because there are personalities that at first glance seem similar from outwards but in reality aren't really close at all.

Otherwise I'm sticking to them having to have been a young child.
Again, it's called bipolar disorder.
Or this.
I have trouble holding stuff like this against certain shows because most fiction, by design, rely on exaggerations and simplified elements of human psychology to properly communicate to the audience.
I'll gladly hold that aginst them though! Means they can't write worth a shit.

Tsundere is not bipolar disorder; bipolar disorder is a psychological condition, being tsundere just means being immature and unable to recognize your own feelings.

And the way they display it shows signs of type II bipolar or borderline personality disorder.

jman2050

I know people with bipolar disorder
there's a chance I might be one of them, but that's for my psychologist to decide!

Tsunderes are not bipolar. At least not from personal experience and not under any DSM-IV diagnostic criteria I'm aware of.

It does provide convenient shorthand for some of the sillier and more lazy examples of the archetype in vogue today!

EDIT - Actually cosmic hit it, if anything borderline personality disorder is more what we're looking for.

faridmon

1. How can you not be sure if they were over 5 or not?

I was
trying to be
sarcastic.

Tsundere means that the person strongly suggests to people the opposite of he really feels. Yeah, I have seen occasions like that happening.

Faridmon needs to be careful. AnimeGAF has determined that he unknowingly knows bipolar 5 year olds. And he probably has no idea!

Crap :(

Don't Judge me people. I am fine, upstanding gentleman.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Modern tsundere = someone who is too prideful to admit their true feelings about someone/thing to others or even themselves due to a reflexive fear of the resulting embarrassment and potential perceived weakness.

mAcOdIn

I was [spoiller] trying to be [/spoiler] sarcastic.

Tsundere means that the person strongly suggests to people the opposite of he really feels. Yeah, I have seen occasions like that happening.
I find it hard to believe that it would be so exagerated to be called similar to being tsundere.

faridmon

Tsundere is not bipolar disorder; bipolar disorder is a psychological condition, being tsundere just means being immature and unable to recognize your own feelings.
That sounds very accurate actually.

I find it hard to believe that it would be so exagerated to be called similar to being tsundere.

You don't need exaggeration to be Tsubdere-like in real life.

Steroyd

And the way they display it shows signs of type II bipolar or borderline personality disorder.

Can we even call it a personality disorder, when it only activates when [love interest] is involved?

Then you have the tsundere's who are aware of how the act towards [love interest], could stop it but it's the only way they've known to communicate to [love interest] and they keep at it till the penultimate episode, or better yet, they get what they deserved and tears are shed because they acted stupid.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Obligatory:

(ep 33 spoilers of course)

http://i.imgur.com/pJ1wi.jpg

Next episode is my favorite, enjoy!
Huh, it's kind of interesting to see a yuri author comment on Utena, even if I have no idea what she's talking about. Is that from one of Milk's books, or somewhere else?

---

Company of Heroes Moe Girls 3

6auNkl.jpg

So, this is okay because Rommel was a "good Nazi" and not a "let's kill 6 million Jews Nazi", right? I just want to know where I'm supposed to stand on German fetishism.

Tw7mnl.jpg

Also, this is really the only reason why I keep watching. Why the fuck are they on aircraft carriers? I don't even know why I care.

Although speaking of hooks, perhaps because it's just absurd, but I find this mystery more "interesting" than the stuff in New World. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom