• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

RE: what I am into...Well, anything that is good. Preferably not Shonen, Mech or have some stupid Romance complications (Although I did like Toradora, but good romance are a rarity these days in Animes IMO)

Thanks, guys, that is a lot of shows. It seems that this season is a good one. I have to condense it to a show or two since my holiday is a week long.

Then the top 3 shows you should like are From The New World, Psycho-Pass and JoJo (yeah it's shounen but it's manly as fuck).

OceanBlue

RE: what I am into...Well, anything that is good. Preferably not Shonen, Mech or have some stupid Romance complications (Although I did like Toradora, but good romance are a rarity these days in Animes IMO)

Thanks, guys, that is a lot of shows. It seems that this season is a good one. I have to condense it to a show or two since my holiday is a week long.
In that case, try From the New World and Psycho-Pass.

Edit: lol Grzi with the "you'll like it anyway" recommendation

Gintama 163

qK2aN.jpg

Won't lie, the time-wasters were more amusing than the ending of the arc.

But, will always love the ED remixes~

cajunator

Banned
Iupy7.jpg

Oh Inspector Hanazawa, you can dominator me anytime.

Hells to the yes. She's even cute in 3D.

I think
Its very clear Jin's reason to be a playboy is to hide his inferiority to Misaki. Pretending he's the man and such

@Cajun
Why you sleeping at afternoon and go to work at night?

Because I am a vampire and can only roam at night.

Taiga was nowhere near as bad as the girl in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo. Not even close, Taiga was essentially just fucking messy, this chick, she, she can't even buy food and shit.

I don't want to pretend that either stories are fantastic but Toradora's definitely a step up from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo and the girl's aren't even comparable. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo's girl requires you to believe that somehow, this girl hasn't picked up any of this basic info until she meets Sorata, this is a leap that no human should be able to make. She had people watching her all this time and yet no one told her about money? Pants? Or anything of the like? Clearly she's not supposed to be actually handicapped in any way because in episode 2 she actually learns about having to actually purchase food, she picked that basic info up in one anime day from a single experience so how the fuck did she go 15 years or so without picking up that info? So she's not actually incapable of learning anything the writers just chose for her not to learn anything over the course of her entire life just so she could learn it all with this Sorata dude. How novel.

Anyways, I'm just watching this show for the cats, screw the characters.

Shiina is cute but unrealistically deadpan stupid. I really don't like this kind of character in a show outside of maybe Chobits. However, Sakurasou does have the characters I mentioned earlier and they easily make up for the deficiencies of the main character.
There is a lot to like in the show otherwise. Its not awful.

Still think they look closer to Joshiraku than anything.

Question for everyone, what's up with characters who constantly have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth? Is it the mark of bein a cool dude?

This is a trope that has gone on for many years. not sure how it started.

I love toradora...

Can i get into this?

Shiina is nowhere near as good of a character as Taiga. In fact, she's barely a character at all. Taiga is a really cute and sweet short tempered girl with a very specific attitude about things. she becomes extremely endearing. Shiina just sits there to be molded into whatever the main guy wants her to be. Nothing but a blank slate.

While FLCL was not a good anime, it had good songs like this.

This is true. The Pillows made some cool music for it.

Looks like a new anime license is incoming

Oh?! :O
Can't wait to see what this is!

Toradore haters. I am not even bothered.

Taiga is the best Tsundere.

She's the best Kugiloli tsundere (which is to say the only tolerable one)

As I've mentioned before, I don't what Toradora is but I imagine that's inaccurate when Madoka Ayukawa exists.

You should watch it. Its pretty good as far as these types of show go. Definitely worth your time.

That's not Charlotte Dunois.

NO, she's not. That's why I say best Kugiloli tsundere because that's pretty specific. Kana Hanazawa tsundere >>>>>>>>>>> Kugiloli tsundere.

It would be more accurate to say Taiga is the only tolerable Kugiloli tsundere.

And Toradora is the reason some of us thought that Ano Hana might actually be good.

Brandy occasionally says something I dont completely disagree with.

No I have not. Perhaps because I "got into" anime at the wrong time and the craze passed me by.

what exactly got you into this hobby? Why were you avoiding it for so long?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch x365 SP - 01

Don't know how it happened but I managed to miss these during my marathon.

dsiXP.png
ZOcFI.png

k6qWU.png
wsQvF.png

Yes Natsume!!! Never let go!!

I thought myself to be a HiroxSae shipper... but damn it I want Natsume to win!

Natsume, fight on!

Grzi

Dude, come on, it's motherfucking JoJo.
It's the ugliest looking show out there and everyone is loving the shit out of it, and for a good reason! :D

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hidamari Sketch x365 SP - 01

Don't know how it happened but I managed to miss these during my marathon.

I thought myself to be a HiroxSae shipper... but damn it I want Natsume to win!

Natsume, fight on!

I thought I knew you. This is some kind of betrayal :(

I need to catch up on Hidamari. I honestly have no idea where I even stopped, maybe I'll just start from scratch. Probably not, too much effort.

/XX/

Apologies, my friend, but I can't seem to recall anything apart from making comments about Tsunderes, Toradora, Ano Natsu and Ano Hana :/

Although, I do remember mentioning how I hate the main character in Cold Fish.
Wait a moment... what the HELL?! For a moment I think I saw " Kana" in your previous post and thought you were talking about Kana Hanazawa... wow, embarrassing error guys, my fault... sorry for all the confusion, faridmon & Brazil!

I see, I see.

These damn Natsus.
You were right man, what a fail on my part. Sorry again!

OceanBlue

Dude, come on, it's motherfucking JoJo.
It's the ugliest looking show out there and everyone is loving the shit out of it, and for a good reason! :D

Lol, I don't think it's a bad recommendation. I just thought it was funny. Faridmon should definitely give Jojo's a try.

faridmon

Then the top 3 shows you should like are From The New World, Psycho-Pass and JoJo (yeah it's shounen but it's manly as fuck).

Cheers!

Wait a moment... what the HELL?! For a moment I think I saw " Kana" in your previous post and thought you were talking about Kana Hanazawa... wow, embarrassing error guys, my fault... sorry for the confusion, faridmon & Brazil!

we meant Kanna from Ano Natsu. It seems whoever hate the Anime must be a Kanna fan since
she was rejected by Kito

I admit to Brazil though, I felt a bit bad for her.

Steroyd

OK, guys, I haven't watched anything this season. What is hot right now? I am back home for my little holiday and I could do with an Anime or two.

Also, now I can post more
unpopular opinions
Yay!

Going by this thread.

Jojo's Bizzare adventure
fireindexed.gif

From the New World

The three Shoujo's:
My Little Monster
Say I love You
Kamisama Kiss.

Chuunibuyo
5CYz8.gif

Hidamari Sketch & Gintama if you've seen the previous seasons, and if you haven't WHY!?

SDBurton

I thought I knew you. This is some kind of betrayal :(

I need to catch up on Hidamari. I honestly have no idea where I even stopped, maybe I'll just start from scratch. Probably not, too much effort.

It doesn't have to be this way!

But yeah you should definitely get caught up so we can talk about it. :D

sonicmj1

Now watch the movie to remove the bitterness that lies in your heart.

I don't think that most people would be bitter about the ending of Utena. It's very positive.

Hells to the yes. She's even cute in 3D.

You should have been awake for the livestream on NicoNico where they showed off that clothing for the first time. The announcers kept making her say things in English and it was adorable.

O.K. guys, don't be hasty. I'm sure TurkishEmperor has a good explanation to back up that opinion.

Just a reason, please.

It was 6 episodes, it was confusing and I just didn't understand what was going on. I'm sure there is a better way to tell a coming of age story of a boy reaching maturity. I'll probably have to watch it again.

cajunator

Banned
Frankly I'd be willing to say that Taiga isn't really a tsundere, she is at the start but not by the end.

This is true and a large part of why Taiga isn't insufferable.

I really disliked Naru in Love Hina. Then again, I disliked all of Love Hina. Sad it was such an influence.

Love hina sucks. Naru is 100% the reason.

Guess this would be the best place to post this but.....ummm wat?

This is awful but has been discussed already.

Surely, Tsundere stereotype exists in the real world? I think I have met couple of them who hold such mentality.

It somewhat does. I have seen girls with those tendencies and they are VERY cute. but its not so exaggerated.

[Hidamarki Sketch] - 6

Hngh, etc etc. The usual Hidamari Apartment antics can't quite top the excellent hallucination/fever dream from the previous episode, but it's still good.

I feel that you have the right idea here. Don't attempt to make too much sense of Hidamari. Just let the wideface soothe your soul.

I-It's not l-like I just became a m-m-member because of AnimeGaf, o-or anything.

You forgot to call us idiots.

Oh, for anyone wondering, here's the matchups for the Saimoe final eight:

Louise De La Valliere (Zero no Tsukaima) vs. Toki Onjouji (Saki)
Nodoka Haramura (Saki) vs. Saki Miyanaga (Saki)
Kuro Matsumi (Saki) vs. Yuu Matsumi (Saki)
Shana (Shakugan No Shana) vs. Hisa Takei (Saki)

So the Saimoe winner this year will be either a Saki character or a Rie Kugimiya character (Tacos got eliminated a few rounds back so it can't be both), though the former is much more likely. Also, six out of eight quarterfinalists from the same series is a new record, though it is a bit boring. Not that half of last year's group being Medukas was much better.

This is the biggest fail of fails that ever failed.

Not just any Rie Kugyama characters, the same kugiloli character with a different colour palette that need to die in a fire.

Louise and Shana are probably the two worst kugilolis. Thoraxes will disagree with me but he's still cool.

OK, guys, I haven't watched anything this season. What is hot right now? I am back home for my little holiday and I could do with an Anime or two.

Also, now I can post more
unpopular opinions
Yay!

Tonari No Kaibutsu kun, From the New world, JOJO, Chuunibyo

being naked is a type of personality.

I think.

No, its a trope, and an increasingly tired one.

*starts watching The Adolescence of Utena*

Wow, they made the architecture even more bizarre. This is great.

Just wait until you see the ending. Its nothing you have EVER seen before :D

BluWacky

(yeah it's shounen but it's manly as fuck).

I find it interesting that people say Jojo is particularly manly. It strikes me as being one of the campest shows I've ever seen (and I've watched Patalliro...) - and deliberately so, at that. The gif that Steroyd's just posted of a topless Dio mincing towards the camera isn't exactly what I'd call the height of heteronormative manliness.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad thing, nor am I saying that I don't like the show (I do!). But "manly" isn't the adjective I'd use to describe it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I find it interesting that people say Jojo is particularly manly. It strikes me as being one of the campest shows I've ever seen (and I've watched Patalliro...) - and deliberately so, at that. The gif that Steroyd's just posted of a topless Dio mincing towards the camera isn't exactly what I'd call the height of heteronormative manliness.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad thing, nor am I saying that I don't like the show (I do!). But "manly" isn't the adjective I'd use to describe it.

Fabulous is acceptable also.

Geneijin

GARish amirite

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It was 6 episodes, it was confusing and I just didn't understand what was going on. I'm sure there is a better way to tell a coming of age story of a boy reaching maturity. I'll probably have to watch it again.

Given the choice, I think that I would have preferred to have come of age in a way that involved vespas, aliens, guitars, robotic gods, angsty delinquent girls, and lots and lots of unsolicited sexual contact.

The long, awkward, rejection-filled metamorphosis into an adult that occurs in real life is just shitty.

cajunator

Banned

It's not manly in the traditional sense. Its manly in the cheesy over the top way. Its super exaggerated manly. The best kind. you still have roided up crazy strong guys in it that break things, but they do so in the most fun way possible. Its hard to explain why its so awesome. It just works.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wait a moment... what the HELL?! For a moment I think I saw " Kana" in your previous post and thought you were talking about Kana Hanazawa... wow, embarrassing error guys, my fault... sorry for the confusion, faridmon & Brazil!

You were right man, what a fail on my part. Sorry again!

It's all good.

But you must repent by watching Aikatsu!

I'm just kidding.

But seriously.

cajunator

Banned
Given the choice, I think that I would have preferred to have come of age in a way that involved vespas, aliens, guitars, robotic gods, angsty delinquent girls, and lots and lots of unsolicited sexual contact.

The long, awkward, rejection-filled metamorphosis into an adult that occurs in real life is just shitty.

I dunno. Growing up in Louisiana can be a rather interesting experience in itself.

Grzi

Dangaioh

Some more Masami Obari mecha goodness. The man did the key animation and the designs (alongside Shoji Kawamori lol) and this OVA is as beautiful as they come. It features some truly amazing mecha designs and great art and animation in general so it's a real joy to watch. It's kind of a weird mix of a super robot show and the classic 80's serious (in a cheesy way) atmosphere but it works. The story is of course super simple, I only feel bad about it
not being finished.
but what are you gonna do.
The Dangaioh looks amazing, one of the prettiest mecha I've ever seen and if you're a fan of this type of stuff this is definitely worth a watch.

These images don't really do it justice, but I couldn't bother to do my own screencaps, sorry :(

Narag

I think the term is being used in a more anime-descriptive sense as the show slots right into other manime what with the violence, over the top characters, simple themes, black and white morality, and problem solving via fists!

cajunator

Banned
I think the term is being used in a more anime-descriptive sense as the show slots right into other manime what with the violence, over the top characters, simple themes, black and white morality, and problem solving via fists!

That sums it up right there.

Joe Molotov

It's manly like watching an old Steve Reeves movie.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

I came of age with bondage fairies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What kind of show is Gintama? Is it mainly a comedy with some action on the side?

I always took it for a "Bleach with comedy" type of show.

SDBurton

I don't think that most people would be bitter about the ending of Utena. It's very positive.

While the ending was "nice",
the fact that Utena (and Anthy for the matter) was defiled by some sis-con douchebag was not
. I'll take my shoujo-ai with
no men fucking things up thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom