• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Huh. Her nose was going off like one of those sprinklers that does that tss-tss-tss-tss-tss-tss-tss-tss-tss-tss-tssssssssssssssss thing where it sprays disjunctly one way and then one whole spray the other way.

Well, not exactly, but you get the idea.

Sorry should have been more clear, I was talking about real life in the second half of the first paragraph.

In anime of course their noses explode to emphasise contained excitement.

The Idolm@ster 20

Ok then. Maybe I shouldn't have watched this before heading off to work this morning.
I was curious about how they were going to tackle Chihaya's seemingly traumatic backstory, and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the use of 961 Pro as a catalyst for exploring her past with the little bro. It felt a lot more natural than her suddenly spilling her heart to the rest of the girls

Great stuff.

Syrinx

Sorry should have been more clear, I was talking about real life in the second half of the first paragraph.

In anime of course their noses explode to emphasise contained excitement.

Well, of course I know that people don't bleed like that in real life unless they get their jugular cut. So, I guess I just didn't appreciate how much they'd exaggerate something like that.

Narag

Daitarn 3 10

7up0dl.png

This was just one big fight scene. :lol The antagonist's entire impetus was to fight the protag and that's it for story! Oh and he's making a movie about this so all the bad guy's support are actually enemy soldiers fond of cinema!

Infinite Ryvius 11

A breather episode whose main purpose is to make the ending revelation
that the Ryvius has been branded by the government as a terrorist ship and essentially cut off from receiving any assistance from anyone else in the universe
hit harder.

Other than that, it provides additional character development for Kouji as he takes the initiative to take on greater leadership responsibilities and hints at how his growing relationship with Faina will cause friction with both those responsibilities and those who grew up with him.

The amount of different eyecatch music bits this show has is amusing.

Embarrassing to admit, but I actually have gotten a nosebleed under such circumstances. Though I get nosebleeds pretty frequently normally too.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 21
After seya,shun,shiryu....it's time for another member of the old cast to join for a moment ...

SkRm8l.jpg

i know they provided me with a legitimate reason for such actions and i get that they were nerfed a lot ..but man ..they must really believe in the new generation to manage to stay still in such circumstances ..

The seris continues his nice pace , with a mars more onmious than ever and a eden still torn between his duty and the bond he formed while being young ...
Big up for yuna that managed to be and to do what was needed in such circusmtances too ..i'm proud of you .. she is clearly the only female warrior worthy of being without a mask ..she is ..an actual character !! i hope sonia will be able to drop her mask too...

Maybe out of love for eden ? but she will probably try to kill aria at this rate ..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Space Brothers 24

This is so weird. This Lowry guys uses perfect Japanese when speaking "English", and terrible Japanese when speaking Japanese.

Bizarre.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Idolm@ster 20

Ok then. Maybe I shouldn't have watched this before heading off to work this morning.
I was curious about how they were going to tackle Chihaya's seemingly traumatic backstory, and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the use of 961 Pro as a catalyst for exploring her past with the little bro. It felt a lot more natural than her suddenly spilling her heart to the rest of the girls

Great stuff.
Chihaya and Miki are clearly the best idols
(not counting secret best Kotori)
and they have the episodes to back it up.

cajunator

Banned
I've also noticed less of these, as well as less sweat drops and popping veins. Of course it's entirely possible this is merely selection bias, but I'd like to think these cliches have been mostly dumped in the garbage bin of history along with other bad '90s staples such as hideous character designs with misshapen jawlines and cheeks covered in random scribbles.

People complained about 90's designs but I never had an issue with them.
I guess I was just used to the look.

Well, of course I know that people don't bleed like that in real life unless they get their jugular cut. So, I guess I just didn't appreciate how much they'd exaggerate something like that.

The only time I saw someone bleed so profusely was hockey player Clint Malarchuk (do not under any circumstances look for this video)

I just call it like I see it.

Whoa there.
Now you're treading on sacred ground.

cjkeats

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 5

Pretty standard episode. First half is talk, second half is action. There was a recurring use of shadows in this one. If it wasn't already spoiled for me by that gif of them head nuzzling from the movie trailer a few days ago, I say it seems like Homura
seems to be coming around and not being so cold to Madoka
With the addition of the above image, they Shaft it up pretty hard here too.

Then out of nowhere, CLIFFHANGER!?

Noticed what appears to be a large face in the ending. This show continues to have the complete opposite tone from what I would expect from a magical girl show. The only word I can think to describe how it all feels is "ominous"

Conspiracy Theory Time (Please note that below are the ramblings of a crazy man, and will probably all be proven wrong in an episode or two, so best ignored.)

So Madoka still isn't a Magical Girl. Here's what I think. She never will be one. I mean the series practically is half over and she don't even have a reason to make a wish. The crazy part of my brain that thinks every show is out to get me since watching School Days and Myself; Yourself back to back, so I'm betting she's either dreaming it all like in episode 1, or she's in a coma or something simliar. OR maybe she's just like our dear Rikka this season and is delusional.

Thoraxes

Pretty standard episode. First half is talk, second half is action. There was a recurring use of shadows in this one. If it wasn't already spoiled for me by that gif of them head nuzzling from the movie trailer a few days ago, I say it seems like Homura
seems to be coming around and not being so cold to Madoka
With the addition of the above image, they Shaft it up pretty hard here too.

Then out of nowhere, CLIFFHANGER!?

Noticed what appears to be a large face in the ending. This show continues to have the complete opposite tone from what I would expect from a magical girl show. The only word I can think to describe how it all feels is "ominous"

Conspiracy Theory Time (Please note that below are the ramblings of a crazy man, and will probably all be proven wrong in an episode or two, so best ignored.)

So Madoka still isn't a Magical Girl. Here's what I think. She never will be one. I mean the series practically is half over and she don't even have a reason to make a wish. The crazy part of my brain that thinks every show is out to get me since watching School Days and Myself; Yourself back to back, so I'm betting she's either dreaming it all like in episode 1, or she's in a coma or something simliar. OR maybe she's just like our dear Rikka this season and is delusional.
Watching someone with a pure view coming into this is so goooooooood.
I'm tracking you now lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just call it like I see it.
At least it's not Saber Marionette. :X

Man, this takes me back to the times we had to wait like two months for the final two episodes.

Branduil

Infinite Ryvius 11

A breather episode whose main purpose is to make the ending revelation
that the Ryvius has been branded by the government as a terrorist ship and essentially cut off from receiving any assistance from anyone else in the universe
hit harder.

Other than that, it provides additional character development for Kouji as he takes the initiative to take on greater leadership responsibilities and hints at how his growing relationship with Faina will cause friction with both those responsibilities and those who grew up with him.

The amount of different eyecatch music bits this show has is amusing.

Eyecatch music is a lost art.

cjkeats

So what do you think of Kyoko?
She's one of my favorite Madoka characters.

She hasn't done much other than try to
murder
the other girls so far. Confident and rude.
I already like her.

She's pointed out one of the things that makes the series so omnious, that
the girls aren't fighting for justice, or to save mankind, but for sheer greed over the Grief Seeds. So she's trying to stop the other's so she can get more, essentially living the whole "fuck bitches, get money"
, but in a magical, murderous way.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 22

5VfO7l.jpg

Horrible..i don't know why i don't like haruto
so when i knew it was an episode focused on him i wasn't overjoyed ..

BUT NOW .. i know why i don't like this character
he brings somthing totally unnecessary to the sain seya universe ..and furthermore the way he fights is silly ..this might work in naruto for example but that's because the entire battle system in that anime is built around that way of fighting ..but in sain seya it's crap ..

Another reason was painfully explained in this episode as well , is he a ninja ? or a saint ?
the answer was in the episode ..he is
BOTH
i'm stuck with a fulll hybrid character that doesn't have something even remotely intresting in battle ..

DAMMIT

The Legend of Legendary Heroes

Just finished the last episode, not a lot to say but Ryner and Farris were definitely my favorite part of this series. How did it do overall? No way in hell I'm satisfied with that cliffhanger ending, any chance of another season?

The Legend of Legendary Heroes

Just finished the last episode, not a lot to say but Ryner and Farris were definitely my favorite part of this series. How did it do overall? No way in hell I'm satisfied with that cliffhanger ending, any chance of another season?

i would take another season any day ..but from what i gathered the chance of a second season are slim

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
From the New World 03

Yeah, this is doing nothing for me guys. I'm gonna go with the "you just don't get it" card and try to clear something else in my backlog.

Somebody tell me when the ED song gets released please. Dropped.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[On Milk Morinaga manga]Too bad she can't draw for shit.
Maybe I have no standards for manga, but I think she's fine. It's like wideface, but not as good or something. lol

[On Redline being good]No, no, it's not like that at all. One of these opinions makes you a bad person out to demean the lives of other people, and the other is in regards to a cartoon movie and is perfectly valid while affecting no one.
There's a cartoon movie about a Republican dealing with gay people? Wow!

I would make another direct comparison to another inane (insane?) fanbase, but I figured that would be too much of a value judgement. But what the hell: Redline fans are like Lost fans and I'll just leave it at that. lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would make another direct comparison to another inane (insane?) fanbase, but I figured that would be too much of a value judgement. But what the hell: Redline fans are like Lost fans and I'll just leave it at that. lol
Well now this is just offensive.

cajunator

Banned
Maybe I have no standards for manga, but I think she's fine. It's like wideface, but not as good or something. lol

There's a cartoon movie about a Republican dealing with gay people? Wow!

Im a fan of Redline...
Im also a Republican who has no problem with gay people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom