• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAIN SEYA OMEGA 23
After the lackluster ep22 , we're back to business !!

And with a bold attempt they
storm the ennemy base !!!
How bold , but they didn't do it without a plan .. and it's good to see the characters thinking a little ..

So to spice things up :
dmGj8l.jpg

Sonia arrives to deal with things !!! i guess she learned that she can not rely on the no name saints for real .. This is good as this provides for some nice action..even better that 2 vs 1 fight wasn't bad even if it was short ..and this is only the beginning ..!!

It was even the first fight of the ninja dude that i enjoyed ..

Later the party is complete with the comeback of the last memeber of the new cast ..As always this is a proper comeback with one linners, new attacks and even a flashback ..

wait :
jnO6Xl.jpg

Another old face appear !! but this one is not as big as the others but it's still a nice touch ..i guess they trully have a plot for every little detail down there but it's good overall ..
character grow ? OK
good flashback ? OK

And then ...the finale ..the rematch i was looking for happens !!
DvEPNl.jpg

This is a not spoilery picture ..this fight was as good as the first one with more tricks , and more powers and a classic clash of power for an ending ..GOOD GOOD VERY GOOD i'm glad they seems to care about the highlights and they even mixed a sub plot in there !!
Very good

This episode is a solid 8.5/10

Big up for soma that avoided the one hit kill that option .... it was clearly a big no on various levels !!

Infinite Ryvius 12

The cheapest and weakest episode yet, with lots of reused footage, very little new animation, below average character art, and boring direction. It barely avoids being a straight-up recap episode. On the positive side, it does clarify the events up to now and the current situation. I'm as uncertain as to where exactly things will go from here as the characters are.
Seriously, at the moment I have no idea what solution can be found to the mess they're in.

I do think the lie Ikumi decided to tell will come back to bite him.

The Legend of Legendary Heroes

Just finished the last episode, not a lot to say but Ryner and Farris were definitely my favorite part of this series. How did it do overall? No way in hell I'm satisfied with that cliffhanger ending, any chance of another season?
Yeah I want more of this made as it left me wanting so much more of their magic and abilities. Or at least someone could bring the novels in English to the states...

However The Incredible Legend of the Legendary Heroes animated by Bones covering all of the novels seems to have been rumored

Branduil

From the New World 03

Yeah, this is doing nothing for me guys. I'm gonna go with the "you just don't get it" card and try to clear something else in my backlog.

Somebody tell me when the ED song gets released please. Dropped.

You could at least watch episode 4 before dropping it.

Emitan

Have you watched Card Captor Sakura? It's a fun, yet slightly long, easy-to-digest moé show from a time when moé didn't mean you wanted to fuck the little girls you sick pervert.

How long? Utena was pretty long for me. Anything over 24 episodes is daunting.

(Yes I'm aware of my beloved K-On!'s length)

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 24

mdLvbl.jpg

A plot predictable episode with a nice sense of tension in it ...
Shina seems to have forgotten her mask ,and thus behave like yuna .. it's not a bad thing at all since masks are a things of the past IMO ..i do hope sonia will do the same someday..

So aside from some nice effects here and there , everything was pretty predictable and eden show that he is the powerfull character that he is .. it's nice that they balance him with his emotions as it's clearly wasn't the best choice , given his position and his duties but hey ..the plot moved thank to that ...

AND then ...CLIFFANGERS ....and keikaku dori ?

this can't be .... it couldn't have been his plan all along ?? i guess i need to watch ep 25 to find out ...

Branduil

Infinite Ryvius 12

The cheapest and weakest episode yet, with lots of reused footage, very little new animation, below average character art, and boring direction. It barely avoids being a straight-up recap episode. On the positive side, it does clarify the events up to now and the current situation. I'm as uncertain as to where exactly things will go from here as the characters are.
Seriously, at the moment I have no idea what solution can be found to the mess they're in.

I do think the lie Ikumi decided to tell will come back to bite him.

Unfortunately, there are a couple more episodes that suffer from the semi-recap problem. I can only assume they had production difficulties that necessitated reused footage.

On the bright side, even though it breaks up the pacing, the rest of the story is properly told.

Branduil

Is this gonna be like when you told me to watch up to episode twelve of Hyouka?

Dem goalposts, they keep a-movin'.

It's not moving the goalposts because I liked both shows from the beginning. But the shows do change to some degree in the specified episodes, so there's no harm in trying them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka is a show that I found myself an extremely harsh critic of at times, but I really did come to love it and miss having a show like that around right now. I feel like I would probably like the early episodes more now actually. So it actually is a show I'd probably recommend people to stick with even if they don't like it at first.

Like seriously, we got a show where individual frames looked like this. And it really did a lot of other stuff right as well.

Branduil

I think you can make a legitimate argument for Hyouka being the best-looking animated TV series of all time. At the very least, it's certainly one of the most consistent.

iboWe4hkWuDC3N.jpg
i7x0BrJF0LaxS.jpg

ibykVoGxyX5bzw.jpg
igov4GmCJEgye.jpg

ibbnAXwjYsVJR3.jpg
iZjzz76E74AXy.jpg

ib19o5yuEjxUEE.jpg
ibsrUFJHMq8bTP.jpg

And this is just the background art, you can't really show the vibrant and expressive sakuga animation in screenshots.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You can mask a pile of shit and make it look pretty, but we all know what it be on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom