• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Sorry, there's this show called Cowboy Bebop you know.

You can make that argument as well; I didn't say Hyouka was the only show you could make it for. Should probably put Dennou Coil up there as well.

Heck if we're only talking visuals we could also nominate Nichijou.

PERSONA OMEGA 25
For this episode 3 of our heroes went across the TV screen door of attonement & regrets and were forced to face their shadows inner darkness in order to gain their persona the strengh to move forward.

LIVWel.jpg

This was a great épisode , with more exposure on each characters and a bit of the past of ryuho..good stuff , even if the plot was classic this time.. the animation and graphics were surprisingly good with some nice effects in there ( effects of darkness) to express some things better .. Case in point with my screen shot , while simple , it was on point with the feeligns they wanted to convey

a good episode , classic but to the point and it worked ..i guess it was too much to put a new power or attack in there ..but it was still worthwhile...

Syrinx

Oh crap, it's happened. The YuruYuri theme song is stuck in my head. Dammit, I don't even know what the fuck she's saying!

wonzo

Banned
Well I mean I paged through Girl Friends and, aside from nothing (but LESBIAN AAAAANGST) happening for like 20 chapters or however much I read, it was pretty generic in like every way possible. Art & otherwise. I dunno. Maybe she's done better things.
Yeah, Girl Friends really wasn't anything special and Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo wasn't much better when it comes to all the angst and lacklustre art.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is Bakugan like Beyblades?

If I were the rest of GAF, I would make a "cursing and partial nudity" joke. But since I'm not, I'll just say "kinda sorta".

That sounds dangerously misinterpretable.

Even so, I wouldn't mind the occasional example in the misinterpreted sense.

Better than calling it Bakegyamon

I hate to admit it, but this has been on my "to watch" list for quite a while. I wanna corner the AnimeGAF market on knowledge of second and third-tier card battle shows.

Each time I believe your past can get no deeper...

Anyone who's ever looked at my PSN trophies knows my dark secret already :(

Did get more anime today (for only $35 digimon was a must buy, cant wait to finally see s1).
tumblr_mcdp9tEtYa1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

-

Penguindrum 19

Whoever thought of the child broiler concept just cant let it go.
To think that even himari was also in that place, but then for it to be Shoma who offered her the apple and not Kan? That was mindblowing just for how much dedication and devotion Kan has to her :( And then the part when Kan was with the parents, that just felt out of the blue and sudden, I totally thought they were like just gone and run away, not working directly with him. And then back to Himari...if she dies, that will not be electrifying! Sanetoshi!!!!

cajunator

Banned
It's been suggested. I'm looking into it.

Penguin drum isnt completely brainless but it is very very strange.
Its fascinating and unique enough to recommend.

Have you watched Card Captor Sakura? It's a fun, yet slightly long, easy-to-digest moé show from a time when moé didn't mean you wanted to fuck the little girls you sick pervert.

It doesn't get submitted if you intend it to!

How long? Utena was pretty long for me. Anything over 24 episodes is daunting.

(Yes I'm aware of my beloved K-On!'s length)

Its 70 episodes, but they are a very easy watch.
Its very similar in format to Sailor Moon.
Monster of the week sort of stuff with occasional plot progression.
But it is sooooooooo cute.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rocko's Modern Life?
Everyday Life of High School Boys?

Regardless of my adolescent delusions that I'm not severely retarded, I still want a carp.
Don't fuck your sister!

Well I mean I paged through Girl Friends and, aside from nothing (but LESBIAN AAAAANGST) happening for like 20 chapters or however much I read, it was pretty generic in like every way possible. Art & otherwise. I dunno. Maybe she's done better things.
Naw, that's her shtick. lol
Hell, that's how yuri manga works half the time anyway. At least Otsu exists in between the Shimura/Milk extreme. :p

Lost fans are indeed dearly lacking in scruples and sanity both (just ask Erigu, my fellow crusader for truth and justice) but I have a feeling that the relevant connection between them & fans of Redline is probably mainly that you personally dislike both works. :p
Well, it's more like trying to have an conversation (nee argument) with fans of either property is akin to having a conversation with a crying baby.

Yeah, Girl Friends really wasn't anything special and Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo wasn't much better when it comes to all the angst and lacklustre art.
It's hard being a girl who likes other girls!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hanamaru Kindergarten 12
A cute Christmas episode where Anzu dreams a happy dream, and then they all learn how it's all thanks to Tsuchida that Anzu ever existed in the first place.
Even though in the end the status quo was preserved, it was a great ending to a pretty good show. Man, this show was a lot better than I thought it was going to be going in. I actually kinda wanna check out how the manga ended.
Hanamaru > Evangelion

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 1

Kind of lots of funny moments just because the one girl is so clueless about things happening around her. Niiya is alright and has a good voice. If its just checking out mysteries in the school then it will be fun so I assume thats what it will be about since it is a detective club, maybe.

Fate/Zero 1 rewatch

I kind of wish, if they pursued this franchise further, that Kariya get some more coverage, as he is underrated. The episode was still really boring, only good parts was like the last two minutes, and the Kirie/Kiritsugu discussion of each other, so intriguing.

cajunator

Banned
She's been replaced with an avatar of my choosing.

Very cute.
Cajun approved :3

Content isn't worth the effort.

Its totally worth the effort.
More than Hyouka.

Oh crap, it's happened. The YuruYuri theme song is stuck in my head. Dammit, I don't even know what the fuck she's saying!

It begins.
It wont ever leave completely.
Twenty years from now its going to pop in your head and drive you mad.
And you will LIKE IT.

Cute is cute. I like what I like.

Who on GAF hasn't heard that joke? Thank you for taking the high road.

Thats my mantra!

If you like magical girls and cute things even a little bit, there's no way you can't watch CCS.

This is true.
CCS is mind alteringly cute.
Its pretty ridiculous.
Thoraxes actually died from it.
He had a defribillator though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom