• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
MLP Season 1

If you want descriptions of the episodes, go read wikipedia.

Anyways, my final
ish, damn second season
thoughts on this series. In brief, this wasn't bad, but there just wasn't enough there to make it worth watching
unless you have a pack of bloodthirsty neogaf members crowing for your blood

The main cast don't mesh together that well, as a group. Individual pairings
no, I am not one of you shippers D:
worked well during episodes, but as a whole I don't think there was really enough to hold them all together. Also fluttershy ruins everything.

I didn't find the subject matter interesting. I see a number of people here comparing it to precure, but I really don't see the connection. Precure is fun in a large part due to the fights and overarching premise of a big bad villain. There's a central theme keeping the characters together, which helps build chemistry between them. There's nothing like that in MLP. There's blatantly obvious morality tales in both, which I don't mind and actually enjoy in some cases, but I found the letters to celestia to be really grating, for some reason. I didn't really appreciate the need to hit me over the head with a hammer in the final 30 seconds of an episode after having all those aesops chasing me through the episode itself. As I said, the subject matter was generally uninteresting. This is not to say I don't appreciate stories about mundane aspects of life, or stories that don't have a real sense of impending doom or anything, but it generally felt very sterile. The construction of the episodes themselves was rather bland. I'm not faulting the flash animation for this, but there rarely seemed to be any real sparks of creativity or life in the episodes themselves. Pinkie Pie seemed to be trying to accomplish that role, but I didn't like her either, so that failed as well. :(

All that being said, I don't think this is a bad show by any means - it just has hardly anything in common with what I enjoy.

While FLCL was not a good anime, it had good songs like this.

WAT?! I go to work and this is what happens...it's time to dethrone the emperor.

Given the choice, I think that I would have preferred to have come of age in a way that involved vespas, aliens, guitars, robotic gods, angsty delinquent girls, and lots and lots of unsolicited sexual contact.

The long, awkward, rejection-filled metamorphosis into an adult that occurs in real life is just shitty.

Mad Pierrot understands.

Have the Kayoswatch been called off?
No problem he'll be always be remembered by Oreki's teacher who likes helicopters.
SHzsN.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 1

Kind of lots of funny moments just because the one girl is so clueless about things happening around her. Niiya is alright and has a good voice. If its just checking out mysteries in the school then it will be fun so I assume thats what it will be about since it is a detective club, maybe.
Oh my goodness yes, I'm glad to see more people watching this. The first episode is really kind of not good (especially with the repetition) and misleading for everything about the show. Also, I don't know whether or not it'll appeal to you really, though I'm interested to see how it resonates with you.

Digimon Adventure 1-2

A pretty fine start to this adventure, with good english va. I wish they did sub some of the stuff (whenever the digi data stuff is on screen its not subbed, surely they could have done it for the dvd release?). For characters, TK is an instant favorite and best character from the start, with the coolest one Patamon, then followed by Tai/Matt who are really cool characters (well Tai seems obsessed with Matt's "cool") and just all around good, while Agumon is the better one of the bunch. Then Iggy is good too. Sora and Mimi seem in the way with the most worthless digimon, and Mimi's annoying.

They go to champion so fast, Agumon really to Graymon in just ep 2!! At this rate Ultimate may happen before ep 5!

I can only hope they continue to bring Digimon to disc as I would finally be able to actually see them all completely, Ive only actually seen maybe like 90% of Tamers, and 20% of Data Squad, and thats it.

MLP Season 1

All that being said, I don't think this is a bad show by any means - it just has hardly anything in common with what I enjoy.

The only show in recent times, even at friends begging, that I dropped right after episode one. It was just boring and filled with uninteresting designs, and could have been more balanced in terms of cast make up. The antagonist had a cool name at least, but that wasnt enough to make me wanna go through with it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm okay with this. Too bad you didn't enjoy the show more.

Dislike isn't a word I would use to describe my feelings, it's more of an apathy. I didn't feel an attachment to any of the aspects. It's just completely outside of the range of things I enjoy - like, say, Bob the Builder, American Girls books, Fine Woodworking magazines, Zen And the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, etc... there's nothing in it for me.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm just trying to keep most of the garbage out of this thread.

Notice how I don't complain about SAO po... oh wait, there aren't any anymore.

Hmm...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The only show in recent times, even at friends begging, that I dropped right after episode one. It was just boring and filled with uninteresting designs, and could have been more balanced in terms of cast make up. The antagonist had a cool name at least, but that wasnt enough to make me wanna go through with it.
This post isn't surprising in the least. It's just not a show for people looking for Y chromosomes.

Narag

I'm just trying to keep most of the garbage out of this thread.

Notice how I don't complain about SAO po... oh wait, there aren't any anymore.

Hmm...

when kayos comes back to rescue the thread, he's going to off you first.

I'm likely second.

cajunator

Banned
Oh my goodness yes, I'm glad to see more people watching this. The first episode is really kind of not good (especially with the repetition) and misleading for everything about the show. Also, I don't know whether or not it'll appeal to you really, though I'm interested to see how it resonates with you.

PDotmichael is the biggest proponent of this show.
I watched about half of it myself.
Its alright.

So this is normal?

My mistake! Carry on.

It is indeed normal.
Several posters had impressions in here.

Kami-sama Hajimemashita 04

She's going to be collateral damage one day.

An average episode really. Pretty snake guy kidnaps our hero, stuff happens, girl almost gets burn and then she forgives him and that's about it.

There was still funny faces, nice comedy spread throughout so the episode wasn't boring just wasn't amazing either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like the highlight of this movie was conveniently shadowed Kaoru dick.

Alright, I guess this is okay... so far. Shinji is still a fuckhead, Asuka now just craves the dick, but Rei is super moe so I guess that balances out.

Ending: What the hell maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom