• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

I'm gonna tell you the truth: your manager is an incompetent strategist who has managed to win what he won on the coattails of others. Great motivator though.

naaaaaaaaaah just joking Pepe really is shite

Pour some more salt on the wound why don't you.

I wouldn't say Mourinho is incompetent but he's pretty bad at substituting players at the right times. When the team is failing to produce on the pitch, he doesn't always make a substitution when it's so badly needed.

Alright, that's enough off-topicness I think. Ducky will have our heads.

OceanBlue

Calling someone faggot here is bannable. This place has rules and constant moderation...

Well, AnimeGAF is different from /a/, after all. There's actually some respect for others' opinions here. I might disagree on your tastes in anime, but I'm not going to personally insult you for it.

/a/ also does a lot of other things that are partly encouraged by anonymity and the lack of moderation, but the lack of respect and the constant attempts at ruining other people's enjoyment of something is why I can't stand it and why I don't think /a/ is similar to here at all.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Pour some more salt on the wound why don't you.

I wouldn't say Mourinho is incompetent but he's pretty bad at substituting players at the right times. When the team is failing to produce on the pitch, he doesn't always make a substitution when it's so badly needed.

Alright, that's enough off-topicness I think. Ducky will have our heads.
It's a community thread.

Maedhros

Well, AnimeGAF is different from /a/, after all. There's actually some respect for others' opinions here. I might disagree on your tastes in anime, but I'm not going to personally insult you for it.

/a/ also does a lot of other things that are partly encouraged by anonymity and the lack of moderation, but the lack of respect and the constant attempts at ruining other people's enjoyment of something is why I can't stand it and why I don't think /a/ is similar to here at all.

I took that as roleplaying and trolling, personally. I can't believe people are actually that crazy.

wonzo

Banned
Please don't talk about about the shit-heap that is 4chan in here.

I can assure you I read every review that everyone in here writes, barring spoiler-heavy material. I only skip through the spam and shitty waifu memes.
Yeah, the reviews have most certainly helped me pick-up some great shows I'd never think of watching in the first place.

I'm thinking of Kuroko no Basket.
Time of Eve Movie

I'd take a thousand harmless cajuns over a single bitter, Negative Nancy pizzaroll any day. #realtalk
But pizzaroll's a far more substantive poster.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got fed up with /a/ when I realised I'll never be able to have a normal conversation about Mitsudomoe.

Mandoric

Banned
Yeah, I really think that's the inevitable future. As long as the industry is able to support itself with just Japanese nerd sales, it makes sense to gouge everyone around the world equally.

And since I bought Madoka and preordered the Bakemono set, I guess I'm part of the problem. lol

It's supportable on the Japanese model. It's not really on the American. So you're part of the solution!

When I say this, I'm including most viewers just watching a stream and buying a keyring or a model kit.

cjkeats

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 6
OnLNq.png
You monster

After that entrance she made last episode, this episode opens with Homura just being a pure badass. I believe this is the frist we've seen of her
teleporting
powers?
Poor Sayaka just can't catch a break can she?
This episode basically shits all over her. She get's taken down in the beginning in a single hit, then later, accidentally sort-of murdered by Madoka.

The most revealing thing this episode was from this mother fucker.
He's still continuously trying to get Madoka into a contract with him, but it turns out he's swindling them into giving up their souls. He's basically Satan. There must be something special about Madoka too, otherwise he wouldn't want her soul so bad (not to mention the show probably wouldn't be named after her if it wasn't).

The arcade scene was my favorite. Homura may not be as good as I suspected,
and we get our set up for what I assume is the final arc/event with this "walpurgisnatch"(?) in two weeks.
We also get some of that prime head tilt. Naturally.

SgMct.jpg

I keep a stash of Pocky in my desk at work. I like this girls style.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Purchasing physical media is becoming less and less common as digital distribution grows; more and more, it's something for only hardcore collectors while the ordinary fellow uses streaming video sites, Netflix, Redbox, and the like. Anime is just ahead of the curve compared to movies and TV generally due to its niche status.
Japan doesn't really have a digital distribution model for TV though. Which is ironic since they have awesome internet, but go figure.

I just wonder how 4k/8k will affect video distribution. I think people can barely stream 1080p now. Once we hit what amounts to native resolution for digital cameras, I wonder what will happen then. Maybe it'll be like another laserdisc fiasco where all the nerds end up buying physical releases while normal people are perfectly fine with 720/1080p streaming on Netflix or wherever.

Thats like one of the oldest anime out there lol.
It's also amazing.

OceanBlue

I took that as roleplaying and trolling, personally. I can't believe people are actually that crazy.

If it's roleplaying and trolling, they've been doing it for a pretty damn long time and they apparently don't have any plans of not doing it.

It probably is roleplaying to a certain degree. People probably act that way because they feel compelled to join the mob mentality and because they feel that it's what you're supposed to do.

If that's how people always act, though, what's the difference whether it's genuine or not? I could hate Kuroneko and anime altogether, but as long as I post positive things about anime and have Kuroneko as my avatar, that doesn't really matter. I don't care if they're all really nice people in real life, because on /a/, there are probably only a few threads worth even looking at, much less posting in.

You monster

After that entrance she made last episode, this episode opens with Homura just being a pure badass. I believe this is the frist we've seen of her
teleporting
powers?
Poor Sayaka just can't catch a break can she?
This episode basically shits all over her. She get's taken down in the beginning in a single hit, then later, accidentally sort-of murdered by Madoka.

He's still continuously trying to get Madoka into a contract with him, but it turns out he's swindling them into giving up their souls. He's basically Satan. There must be something special about Madoka too, otherwise he wouldn't want her soul so bad (not to mention the show probably wouldn't be named after her if it wasn't).

The arcade scene was my favorite. Homura may not be as good as I suspected,
and we get our set up for what I assume is the final arc/event with this "walpurgisnatch"(?) in two weeks.
We also get some of that prime head tilt. Naturally.

Kyubey is cute.

Risette

A Good Citizen
If it's roleplaying and trolling, they've been doing it for a pretty damn long time and they apparently don't have any plans of not doing it.

It probably is roleplaying to a certain degree. People probably act that way because they feel compelled to join the mob mentality and because they feel that it's what you're supposed to do.

If that's how people always act, though, what's the difference whether it's genuine or not? I could hate Kuroneko and anime altogether, but as long as I post positive things about anime and have Kuroneko as my avatar, that doesn't really matter. I don't care if they're all really nice people in real life, because on /a/, there are probably only a few threads worth even looking at, much less posting in.
I think you're well off not going there at all. Probably not a single good thread.

Jarmel

Banned

iNndE8QsmtwTi.png

mephisto-5.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's been that way for as long as I remember. Hell, even I'm guilty of it at times.

I guess that as long as we're getting new members, it's inevitable that certain things that have been talked to death will wise from their gwave periodically. I just happen to take meta-discussion as a sign that people are invested in the thread, which is at least well-intentioned and not just self-aggrandizement. Apparently I'm just totally oblivious to how annoyed other people are by it, lol.

OceanBlue

Japan doesn't really have a digital distribution model for TV though. Which is ironic since they have awesome internet, but go figure.

I just wonder how 4k/8k will affect video distribution. I think people can barely stream 1080p now. Once we hit what amounts to native resolution for digital cameras, I wonder what will happen then. Maybe it'll be like another laserdisc fiasco where all the nerds end up buying physical releases while normal people are perfectly fine with 720/1080p streaming on Netflix or wherever.

Are there any plans of implementing 4k/8k anytime soon? I can't imagine it really being used until 4k/8k TVs begin being produced and marketed. In my opinion, distribution will keep up with the technology (or maybe technology will be held back by distribution, lol).

I also think it's important to keep in mind that the anime market is different from the regular video market. As far as I'm aware (I don't keep up with movie sales), Blu-Ray has achieved much higher penetration in the anime market relative to movies because otaku tend to go for expensive LEs for bonuses and collection purposes. Of course, they probably won't buy something they can't play, but I think it's important to keep in mind that otaku don't necessarily buy anime to watch it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'd take a thousand harmless cajuns over a single bitter, Negative Nancy pizzaroll any day. #realtalk
Both have their own ways of shutting down discussion. Cajunator is more insidious because he does it with a smile on his face while he fills space and renders individual positions irrelevant.

"This show has a few key issues, like A, B, and C."

"I LOVE THAT SHOW."

"..."

Narag

Texhnolyze 18

Jesu christ, I thought Shinji was done with Hal. Rin's shit is super surreal and ffs at Kano and enabling the end of this episode.

Maedhros

Both have their own ways of shutting down discussion. Cajunator is more insidious because he does it with a smile on his face while he fills space and renders individual positions irrelevant.

"This show has a few key issues, like A, B, and C."

"I LOVE THAT SHOW."

"..."

hahahaha

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are there any plans of implementing 4k/8k anytime soon? I can't imagine it really being used until 4k/8k TVs begin being produced and marketed. In my opinion, distribution will keep up with the technology (or maybe technology will be held back by distribution, lol).

I also think it's important to keep in mind that the anime market is different from the regular video market. As far as I'm aware (I don't keep up with movie sales), Blu-Ray has achieved much higher penetration in the anime market relative to movies because otaku tend to go for expensive LEs for bonuses and collection purposes. Of course, they probably won't buy something they can't play, but I think it's important to keep in mind that otaku don't necessarily buy anime to watch it.

I think Japan is testing 4k OTA and TV makers always want something new to get consumers to keep buying new TVs, so it seems like something that will happen eventually.

And yeah, I'm sure there's packrat mentality. But then again, anime releases in Japan tend to have more features than just random pack ins. It's just that we don't get any of that bonus material (even the K-On discs don't have the OVA shorts because of licensing issues).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought it was because they couldn't make a proper Akarin joke.

I honestly forgot that point. Yes, that was also a factor, but since YuruYuri threads were basically image dumps they were easy to ignore. I mean they can make some funny content. The pie gifs from Another were great fun, but in the end it's just not worth the aggravation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom