• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can request a tag, not give tags themselves last I checked.

An important technical difference I'll remember for the future. Though duckroll can still get you a shitty tag lol

Ooooh this is the avatar you were referring to, /XX/. N-not that I'm familiar with the original image or anything.

Strange, because I seem to remember you posted a cropped version of it some time ago... did you?

I posted it in the avatar request thread to get this made, so made that's where you've seen it. Hmm, I think I've also used it exactly once to actually respond to something on GAF.

chuu lite 5

wow... didn't notice her specific thing was this soon :D

Something about that room is a fire hazard...

iYfPhREKnyBmX.gif

Soma

DAHKKU FURAME MAHSTAH Episode 04

iZfUfjnmvjHDZ.jpg

Still so stupidly fun. Even though I thought the OP was fine (you guys are pansies) the change is definitely an improvement.

So I kinda saw that little plot "twist" coming with all the contextual clues but I was NOT expecting
that complete 180 shift in Nibutani's personality
. Is it bad that I think she's even more awesome now that her true nature has shown? Rikka taking more of a backseat role this episode yet still provides a lot of amusement somehow.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DAHKKU FURAME MAHSTAH Episode 04

iZfUfjnmvjHDZ.jpg

Still so stupidly fun. Even though I thought the OP was fine (you guys are pansies) the change is definitely an improvement.

So I kinda saw that little plot "twist" coming with all the contextual clues but I was NOT expecting
that complete 180 shift in Nibutani's personality
. Is it bad that I think she's even more awesome now that her true nature has shown? Rikka taking more of a backseat role this episode yet still provides a lot of amusement somehow.

Not at all. I feel exactly the same way.

/XX/

As I see it, with PATEMA INVERTED delayed until next year (http://patema.jp/blog/archives/169), I suppose they probably won't have enough material nor time to publish more extracts from the film for streaming at their video channels.

I posted it in the avatar request thread to get this made, so made that's where you've seen it. Hmm, I think I've also used it exactly once to actually respond to something on GAF.
Yeah, could be at that time when I saw it here. Sorry for the false accusation KO Traveling Hobo!
Not that I would have any objection to anyone posting images that only insinuate things like that one, anyway.

Steroyd

Chuunibuyo - 04

All you had to do was watch the OP with one eye open, and it was kinda sort of bearable to probably watch.

Ginga e kickoff 19 - 24

Well if they were going to pull out that card to better themselves, I guess that would have been as good a time as any, and a drama with weight behind it that didn't require a car or someone's brother colour me shocked. lol

/XX/

Is there any reason they changed the Chuuni OP? Lots of complaints from their Japanese audience?
Most probably because of the complaints, yeah. I'm waiting to check the habitual comments from the staff of each episode (http://www.anime-chu-2.com/story/0), to see if they mention something about this on the upcoming one! Previous ones translated by ultimatemegax are here:

Chuunibyou episode 1 KyoAni comments « Ultimatemegax's blog
http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2012/10/06/chuunibyou-episode-1-kyoani-comments/

Chuunibyou episode 2 KyoAni comments « Ultimatemegax's blog
http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/chuunibyou-episode-2-kyoani-comments/

Chuunibyou episode 3 KyoAni comments « Ultimatemegax's blog
http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/chuunibyou-episode-3-kyoani-comments/

Gintama 256

Amazing. I've never seen someone use an
entirely made up anime as a final attack before
. I don't know if even Nisio could come up with something so meta. And I would totally watch Mantama if it existed.

Geneijin

Yu Gi Oh! - 01

Makes you appreciate the decision of 4Kids Entertainment to have not licensed the first season. It's a slower paced story compared to Duel Monsters, yet at the same time, the story is a bit darker and
Evil Yami
is a treat. If it weren't for Duel Monster nostalgia, I probably wouldn't have known something was "off."

DiGiKerot

iM@S Shiny Festa - the one with Ritsuko and the other one with the Twins, but not the one with Miki yet
There's about four or five minutes common footage between these - what a rip off!

Otherwise, kind of cute if rather insubstantial. Not really as good as the best episodes of the TV show, but not as bad as the worst either... lower middle ground, I guess. They've also clearly spent most of their production time working on the PV sequences...

Risette

A Good Citizen
Durarararararararara 1-24

Atrocious. Tomino-tier pacing/editing/episode structure. Really, really bad. I can't believe the director behind Baccano also did this, considering Baccano is like a polar opposite in that department, expertly weaving all the characters and coincidental situations and key situations together for one satisfying series. Durarara is a total fucking mess that tries to do that and missed the mark so much that I don't even know.

7Th

iM@S Shiny Festa - the one with Ritsuko and the other one with the Twins, but not the one with Miki yet
There's about four or five minutes common footage between these - what a rip off!

Otherwise, kind of cute if rather insubstantial. Not really as good as the best episodes of the TV show, but not as bad as the worst either... lower middle ground, I guess. They've also clearly spent most of their production time working on the PV sequences...

VISIONARY PV WHERE

Actually, going by the CMs the one with Miki seemed to have the most budget for both PV and the actual episode...

Why do they all have twins?!

2DEEP4U

Narag

Princess Nine 11

Wow, so many of the older guys are sexist caricatures :lol Girls can't do anything! Turns out I recognized Koyasu as Dio & Sugou not just from watching Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector but this as well.

Go_Ly_Dow

College/Uni life has caused me to have a huge backlog this Fall.

So far I have watched:

Chuunibyou eps 1-3

Tonari ep 1

Shin Seki ep 1

....like them so plan to watch them.

I haven't had the time to check out:

-Magi

-Zetseun Tempest

-Psycho-Pass

How have they held up so far? Are there any other shows that should be on my radar?

Starting next week I will have more time to dedicate to anime and GAF!

Branduil

Durarararararararara 1-24

Atrocious. Tomino-tier pacing/editing/episode structure. Really, really bad. I can't believe the director behind Baccano also did this, considering Baccano is like a polar opposite in that department, expertly weaving all the characters and coincidental situations and key situations together for one satisfying series. Durarara is a total fucking mess that tries to do that and missed the mark so much that I don't even know.

It's not just the director of Baccano!, it's the same studio, basically the same production team, and the original light novels were written by the same author. So, yeah.

Durarara is also wildly more popular in Japan.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
College/Uni life has caused me to have a huge backlog this Fall.

So far I have watched:

Chuunibyou eps 1-3

Tonari ep 1

Shin Seki ep 1

....like them so plan to watch them.

I haven't had the time to check out:

-Magi

-Zetseun Tempest

-Psycho-Pass

How have they held up so far? Are there any other shows that should be on my radar?

Starting next week I will have more time to dedicate to anime and GAF!

JOJO

Risette

A Good Citizen
It's not just the director of Baccano!, it's the same studio, basically the same production team, and the original light novels were written by the same author. So, yeah.

Durarara is also wildly more popular in Japan.
Well, all that other stuff is a given!

I wonder what went wrong. It's... pretty bad. Like, I'm still amazed that the people involved with Baccano cranked out a stinker of this magnitude. Also, Japan bad taste etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom