• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Psycho-Pass 4

0DrLm.gif

Finally an episode i can say i enjoyed, mostly because the focus wasn't on Akane and when it was she wasn't all... yeah.
Still secretly hoping she turns out to be evil and insane.

Shinya is shaping up to be a pretty interesting character and also the bizarre child of Kotomine and Kerrytsugu. Now i hope the next episodes will focus on the secondary characters and more small cases.

One thing ticked me off about the case though, why did they even doubt that it wasn't murder when the robot memory and even the backup were deleted. Nothing important but eh, it caught my attention.

j5loK.jpg

It's a good day for manservice.

Cwarrior

If anyone wanted to watch any of that arc, I would literally only recommend the Zaraki encounters. Most of the plot made little sense, the characters acted irrationally, not to mention that they were inexplicably weakened to suit the needs of the story. Those last points in particular became a prevailing theme after that point, and one of the reasons I eventually grew weary of the franchise.

That arc wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the kira & wabisuke fight, pretty much anything to do with the metal spiderwoman doll guy, the final fight was bad thought like always with these fillers.

Dbz filler was pretty awesome like goku &piccolo go take a driving test.

cajunator

Banned
I've never taken a sick day so I've got plenty of time saved, and the flu is going around site so I've got the excuse. I've always wanted to take a sick day when I'm not sick, but I'm too honest.

You know what it's like when a series picks up steam. I like to do it like a band-aid and just tear through it. Thankfully the weekend's here tomorrow anyways.
I just want to see someone
stab
Kyuubey
in the face
Repeatedly

I should do that. Ten years of work and not one single sick day taken. THEY OWE ME.

This is what she looks like in some of the other comics

292773_265202553600994_1737676310_n.jpg

tumblr_mbqt843f291rd4md0o1_500.jpg

Big Boobs all around.

I like the comic versions better!

I've gotten that one a few times. Maybe from him!

I am the chick. Your door is the shell. The shell must be cracked to bring the world's revolution!

Perfection :D

Hyouka 18
Love this show.
Though I think the show would have been better if the mysteries were more serious or had it been a supernatural mystery.
the atmosphere is perfect for that imo.

What did you think about Misaki? I wish she was featured more because her personality is precious.

lI2kj.jpg

Man, I really miss Mirai Nikki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_fgwbmJg0

So yeah, I was bored and decided to watch Sword Art Online, going in completely blind other than seeing the name a bunch and hearing that it was pretty popular.

And at first I loved it! A deconstruction of ever present MMO tropes with some "people die when they are killed" shenanigans to raise the stakes was a great premise, and I really enjoyed the first few episodes. It was a perfect whirlwind of enjoyable action scenes, nerdy in-jokes and perfect fodder for some "what if this happened for real?" navel-gazing.

Even when Asuna came back in the show and the relationship drama kicked into high gear, I was still really into it. It's only after they got 'married' that things started to turn sour. Something about those episodes sucked all the good feels out of the show and just left some melodramatic mess. The Game Clear out of nowhere didn't help either, leaving a bunch of in-game plot points hanging.

And this post-game arc sucks. A second game? A RESCUE ARC?! ugh...

I'll keep watching though, like the fool that I am.

You pretty much summed up everything I felt about this show so far.

Accel World - 01

And you guys call SAO a wish fulfillment show? You people and your double standards.

Will continue to watch, though :p

No ones saying its not. I just found AW to be much more fun (and I ordered Kuroyukihime figurines because she's so cute)

My Little Monster 04

This show is so amazing. Just amazing. Legitimately the most enjoyable romcom I've ever watched at this point. Everything about this show is perfection. Now I'm gonna smash some god damn watermelons.

I don't know about most enjoyable, because I really had fun with Kare Kano too, but its way up there. Its a really really great show so far.

The only purpose of Shounen filler arcs is to have good fights. If it doesn't (and most don't), it's worthless. In fact, sometimes watching them is actually detrimental as it can contradict future developments, as is the case with the Apis arc.

jbug617

Banned
Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster 4

Enjoy the character development and the origin of their friendship.
It was sad watching Yoshino trying to save the kids. That pose they were left in is what got to me. Even when Mahiro really didn't care about what happened to them, the episode ends with him visiting where the kids were left.

Can't wait for the origin story of how
Yoshino and Mahiro's sister started going out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho-Pass 4

One thing ticked me off about the case though, why did they even doubt that it wasn't murder when the robot memory and even the backup were deleted. Nothing important but eh, it caught my attention.

Wasn't this explained?
Everyone thought it was quite obviously a murder, but the boss was making it difficult by asking for all the legal paperwork. It's like when a suspect suddenly asks for his lawyer when they are cornered. It was also a government building that would rather continue operations so it's in their benefit for it to be seen as an accident.

trejo

Plentiful skipping is what got me through Heartcatch Precure and Accel World. A feat I undoubtedly wouldn't have managed otherwise.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 4

They go to the beach and stuff.

-"Akari, you're so bumpy." ...WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!

-Okay, it appears that there is a disproportionate amount of lesbians in this show. Or at least girls with girl crushes (I'm a bit hesitant to call Chinatsu a lesbian so much as a girl with an infatuation for Yui). That's fine, cool, whatever. But seriously, Chitose should probably see a psychiatrist or something. The whole thing about her taking off her glasses and having sexual fantasies between Kyoko and Ayano is... kinda disturbing, and probably something that requires professional help. Oh, and whoever keeps giving her tissues when she has her orgasms, err, nosebleeds is an enabler. Stop it.

-So, yeah, Akari seems doomed to a life of not standing out at all. Having her wish paper blown away twice is kind of a bad omen. Oh, speaking of those wish papers, who the hell leaves wishes like "I wish for peace". Can't you at least TRY to put more thought into this than a lobotomized turtle and come up with something original? If you don't give a fuck, then write something reflecting that, like, "I wish the Empire State Building would magically turn into a rocket ship and blast into outer space" or "I wish Saturn and Uranus would switch places for absolutely no reason". They'd get peoples attention if nothing else.

-Those feuding student council VP candidates are annoying. YOU'RE SPARKLERS ARE THE SAME FUCKING SIZE GODDAMMIT! GET OVER IT! On that note, this part was disappointing. I saw fireworks and expected at least a decent show of those. Nope. Lame-ass sparklers. Sparklers suck ass.

-One final thing-During the credits, why do they have Yui say "Yay" when she looks like she gives approximately 0.037 fucks?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That is the only flawed arc of the Bleach anime. If they had made it shorter or come at a different time, and didnt have the annoying Ririn. It had interesting names and such though and saying Zeige Dich was kind of addicting, and some Uryu development.

Didn't you say once that you watched the Bount Arc three times, though? If you think that's the worst, now I'm curious to know how many times you've rewatched stuff like New Captain Amagai Shuusuke/Zanpakutou Unknown Tales/etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Any good anime from the past month or two that are good or must watch?

I'd personally recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Psycho-Pass, Shinsekai Yori, and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. A couple of other things that are conditionally good are Code:Breaker and Zetsuen no Tempest, both of which have good production values but are hard to take seriously. It's been a pretty good season so far.

Syrinx

Well, you truly learn something new every day. My anime noobishness shows itself yet again. Though I have to say that I really didn't see Akari and Yui quite like that. Oh well. The more you know. Hopefully this knowledge helps me with the show going forward.

Emitan

Yuri is girl love.
Yuru yuri is cute girl comedy with girl love.
Its smartly written and fun.
Thats why people like it.
Joshiraku is another silly fun show in the same vein.

It's on my list! I love the screencaps Chet has posted. It looks like a fun show.

Didn't you say once that you watched the Bount Arc three times, though? If you think that's the worst, now I'm curious to know how many times you've rewatched stuff like New Captain Amagai Shuusuke/Zanpakutou Unknown Tales/etc.

I think at least twice for those, three times if they were dubbed, and was going to run back through Bleach again sometime once school is done and what not. I dont think any arc was that bad to be unwatchable. Who wouldnt want to see Ichigo and that Getsuga Tenshou?

Taruranto

Wasn't this explained?
Everyone thought it was quite obviously a murder, but the boss was making it difficult by asking for all the legal paperwork. It's like when a suspect suddenly asks for his lawyer when they are cornered. It was also a government building that would rather continue operations so it's in their benefit for it to be seen as an accident.

I guess so, but i don't remember them paying too much attention to that detail, the old guy was convinced it was murder because of his "instinct", rather than the physical proofs.

I'd personally recommend Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Psycho-Pass, Shinsekai Yori, and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. A couple of other things that are conditionally good are Code:Breaker and Zetsuen no Tempest, both of which have good production values but are hard to take seriously. It's been a pretty good season so far.

Thanks

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Any good anime from the past month or two that are good or must watch?

I stand by all of these recommendations.

Ultimadrago

I think at least twice for those, three times if they were dubbed, and was going to run back through Bleach again sometime once school is done and what not. I dont think any arc was that bad to be unwatchable. Who wouldnt want to see Ichigo and that Getsuga Tenshou?

dansgame3rlzy.png

Yikes.

We can be nakama no longer.

I cook, clean, make the bed and take long strolls on the beach.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I cook, clean, make the bed and take long strolls on the beach.

It sounds more like you're campaigning for waifu.

I think that seeing it several hundred times entitles you to be able to miss a few.

AnimeGAF is a perilous minefield where alliances are created and dashed in instants.

Form an alliance with me and we'll vote
you know who...y'know, that guy
off the island!

K ep 4
tumblr_mcgtp1zUov1rhlkz7o2_500.jpg

This episode was so silly and funny. I wouldnt mind watching more episodes of just the school life with Shiro and his lovely wife, Kuro. Kuro even made him that perfect bento, he's really a good character for Shiro. And then just the whole day had lots of funny moments. Plot barely moved though just getting people in place though I was shocked at
Shiro making the realization that perhaps he did in fact shoot the person in the video, perhaps he suffered from some memory loss that night or something.

Soundtrack is still amazing, the one in the room scene, and then the one they consistently use for Homra.

And somehow Hulu doesnt have it in HD just yet, so I guess I will have to rewatch, hopefully they add it in HD, since SD is hard to watch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not even a little.
iAqOY85lqDvm.gif

Woah. How is that possible?

Anywho summery of the day:

Chuunibyou 4
This continues to be enjoyable. OP has been nerfed because crybabies couldn't handle a little flickering.
Nice to see that Hairclip wasn't quite as predictable as we were led to believe.

Chuunibyou Lite 4 & 5
I hope everyone else dances along with the ED. Why this wasn't used in the main show I'll never know.

Nice little supplements.

Gintama - 256
While I feel this arc kind of slipped in the middle at least the ending was enjoyable. The opening of this arc has such a comedic take that the sombre parts felt a little off. Usually they manage to blend the two tones but the shift felt quite sudden. The shifts in this final episodes were handled much better.

Polar Bear Cafe
I have to say the new OP is one of my favourites of the year, let alone this season. Not really much to say about it. Much like Space Bros I feel this show is time well spent and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Psycho Pass 3
I guess I'm easy to please because I haven't really found anything inherently flawed with this. It's just a fun ol' sci fi thriller. If it stays at this quality I don't see myself getting bored with it.

wonzo

Banned
Psycho-Pass 3

Yet another pretty good episode. More episodes in general need to start out with dat manservice! The solution to
whom the murderer is
was handled pretty well and certainle helped flesh out the flaws of the Sybil system. The lengths they had to go through
to apprehend the suspect
were pretty over-the-top but it was fun as hell to watch so I'm down with it. I wonder what
the deal is between Ginoza and Masaoka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom