• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Codebreaker 01

vsSZx.gif

This show is so god damn silly - awful and amazing at the same time. I'm sticking with this one. I haven't watched something this fabulous in ages.

Also dat Inu. What a boss.

Soma

PSYCHO-PASS Episode 03

izWKT7QrNRaYP.jpg

Pretty good episode.

The case itself was pretty simple and felt very GitS: SAC but I think it did a good job exhibiting the differences between the Enforcers and the Inspectors (specifically showing some apparent bad-blood between Ginoza and Masaoka), and how fucked up the Sybil System is. I'm glad Kogami is getting more screentime since he seems like a more interesting protagonist than Akane. The action scene at the end was pretty awesome, showcasing how destructive the Dominators are and the music playing during the scene was really good too. I feel like the show is easing in the audience with these relatively simple cases before tackling some more complex issues where the concept of morality becomes even more blurred.

Taruranto

K ep 4
tumblr_mcgtp1zUov1rhlkz7o2_500.jpg

This episode was so silly and funny. I wouldnt mind watching more episodes of just the school life with Shiro and his lovely wife, Kuro. Kuro even made him that perfect bento, he's really a good character for Shiro. And then just the whole day had lots of funny moments. Plot barely moved though just getting people in place though I was shocked at
Shiro making the realization that perhaps he did in fact shoot the person in the video, perhaps he suffered from some memory loss that night or something.

Soundtrack is still amazing, the one in the room scene, and then the one they consistently use for Homra.

And somehow Hulu doesnt have it in HD just yet, so I guess I will have to rewatch, hopefully they add it in HD, since SD is hard to watch.

Please don't tell me you watch anime in 420p.

Emitan

The fact that all of us are yandere is the only thing stopping us from all murdering each other. It's a most uneasy peace.

Jarmel

Banned
Psycho-Pass 3-
This was a pretty standard episode that I wasn't particularly impressed by. The case itself was remarkably straight-forward. There's not much to comment on philosophically and it still feels like an introductory bit. Music-wise, the background pieces in general have been fairly good so far and hit the right notes when they need to. The biggest problem is again the damn character art where it varies so drastically. I'm not sure if this is a talent/managerial issue or more strictly a budget one, however it's really aggravating especially when everything else is pretty top-tier.
ihcw86ojpcJYz.jpg

Do you see what I see?
I also wasn't a huge fan of the CGI used in this episode mainly because it looked very floaty and not exactly grounded. I did however love the visual effects for the Dominator and good god does it kick ass. It's an anti-tank handgun.
I did find this scene fairly interesting because it contrasted a normal morning for both Akane and Shinya. They also both have 'shower' scenes with an emphasis on a water motif, something seen in the OP. I also again noticed a shot of a fan, similar to the bedside scene in the prior episode and I'm wondering if there is some significance to that. One other thing of note is that people were complaining about how Shinya's speech was rehearsed in the last episode, well this episode gives some credence to that in that
he might be playing off of the emotions of Akane
. Despite my complaining about the character art there were some great shots especially of him and Ginoza.
iPG3kKoIK6Djl.jpg

God I love this expression.

fertygo

Psycho-Pass 03
Now its starting to like sci-fi police show, best episode so far. All the interaction is also very smooth.

Btw I'm sure there is more about this case, the shot to the manager in the end make it obvious.

Please don't tell me you watch anime in 420p.
Well I usually watch stuff on my phone crunchyroll/funimation apps or hulu in whatever the highest quality they have, hd whenever its available there...only time I watch in HD is if Im at work since my home internet can sometimes barely stream 480.I dont mind as Ill eventually watch it all again when I buy the discs.

Ultimadrago

Zetsuen no Tempest 4

The first episode focused on dialogue that didn't have me groaning in agony for a moment. In fact, I actually found the dialogue much better than in past episodes. At the very least, it followed through better and didn't have me scratching my head in confusion as to the reasons behind interactions/audible comments. Mahiro and Yoshino speaking with each other as young adults and children was fairly fun to witness panning out. Of course, their polarizing personalities carried a moderate load of the work, but the execution handled it better than previous episodes. The exchanges with Mahiro, Yoshino and Hakaze flowed well with good music incorporated into the scenes (though music was never a problem for Zetsuen to begin with).

I previously thought I would only like episodes of Zetsuen that had some action. This episode surprised me, but I'm not taking my guard down with the series. The opening episodes had a number of moments downright messy in portraying characters reacting to situations and each other. In other words, I still desire action than anything else as I follow this series. However, if the show finds itself incorporating the handling done here in terms of script and characters, it'll be even stronger for it.

=================================================================

Just be careful you don't end up in a Nice Boat.

I think I know who to keep an eye on then...
The Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki fangirl.

Ultimadrago's avatar choices are pretty amazing. C-can I be in your waifu harem?

Nichijou-brethren are always desired inside my circle.

I'll protect you Billie!

Beat it!

Articalys

Medaka Box Abnormal 3

Another straightforward adaptation of three chapters. Sadly, that means this episode ended just before we got to the action. But, that means we'll get it right from the start next week (and most weeks from here on out).

Yes, I'm going to also keep complaining that Tomokazu Seki isn't the voice for Oudo. I even heard some Gil slip into his voice during Psycho-Pass this week.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I cook, clean, make the bed and take long strolls on the beach.
Well, I can't speak for Regulus, but you're #1 in my heart, at least.
First making my way into the heart of icarus-heika and now Mad Piebro?

Making my week over here! :D
Slut.
Is an episode that beats me over the head with the message that I mustn't forget to finish all my summer homework absolutely required viewing?
Depends on how good your grades were last semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom