• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Kamisama Kiss 3
kamikiss3.jpg
kamikiss3a.jpg

salmon-chan > whatever this thing is

cjkeats

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 8
....what?
No seriously...what?
Poor Sayaka
has gone and lost her marbles. And now she exploded and her crystal has shattered
. Things are not going well for anyone involved.

(spoiler image)
We came so close to my desire for
little fucker to get stabbed in the face
, but of course nothing was delivered. Right that second anyways.

HOMURA MY GURL. YES.
Who knew she was packing heat? I figured she was just fought with her shield like Captain America. Either way, she blasted the fuck out of the little prick.
And it was glorious, for all of 30 seconds. (spoiler image)

Now here's the thing. All of a sudden this show is going on about
timelines. Homura is apparently from a different timeline and is trying to save Madoka now? Hrm.
I have bits of theories I can't quite piece together right now, but man...This show is nothing like I was expecting going in.

I hope there's a decent resolution.

Shaft

Blast of Tempest 4
tumblr_mcgu58aIwC1qic25lo1_500.gif

The friendship origins tale was really good. I liked how it played out and hope we get more glimpses into their past. The punch line was hilarious, sweet, and pretty awesome, especially Mahiro's face there.

Present time was enjoyable with Yoshino's awesome cooking, and the amazing bath scene though Yoshino' looked so disappointed when he couldnt bathe with Mahiro.

I just didnt understand one part:
what was he trying to do when he threw the ring as the stuff was crumbling? scene with the kids at the beginning

wonzo

Banned
Robotics;Notes 3

haha, I totally should have seen
the FABULOUS twist with Hidaka coming!
It's for the best that they focused on the robot fighting for one episode as it was kinda neat but would've overstayed it's welcome if they tried to drag it out for any longer. We're also starting to see a better glimpse of the typical
shadowy organisation with Misaki's older sister being somewhat related to "The Committee" which might've had something to do with their illness.

fuck idol characters forever

jbug617

Banned
Blast of Tempest 4
tumblr_mcgu58aIwC1qic25lo1_500.gif

The friendship origins tale was really good. I liked how it played out and hope we get more glimpses into their past. The punch line was hilarious, sweet, and pretty awesome, especially Mahiro's face there.

Present time was enjoyable with Yoshino's awesome cooking, and the amazing bath scene though Yoshino' looked so disappointed when he couldnt bathe with Mahiro.

I just didnt understand one part:
what was he trying to do when he threw the ring as the stuff was crumbling? scene with the kids at the beginning

The Talisman (Ring) would help protect them from turning into metal.

yami4ct

Psycho-Pass 03

While the series still hasn't topped the bar set by episode 1, this was a good improvement over 02. While I liked the overall world building 02 gave, it was far too full of bad expository dialogue and infodumps for things we knew already. This gives us none of that. We get to see more insight into Shinya, which I like. I find that character to be really interesting. A lot of his interesting aspects may be wasted as the series progresses, but he's the most interesting thing the show's got right now. I still sincerely hope the show moves away from the action tone into a moire noir area, but that may be unlikely at this point. Even if it doesn't, the ambitious world building it does makes it one of my favorites of the season.

My Little Monster 04

This show is so amazing. Just amazing. Legitimately the most enjoyable romcom I've ever watched at this point. Everything about this show is perfection. Now I'm gonna smash some god damn watermelons.

I think it would be perfect if the guy had of accepted her confession already.

Nafe

Nope, plain black eyebrows :(

I don't know if you saw it but she's kind of got a flesh coloured eyebrow type lines in the middle of her eye. I don't remember if I've ever seen that as part of a character design on any other show.

The fact that you like Mio is more than enough for me.

Something that I've found kind of surprising is I don't think you've seen Sekirei yet have you?

This certainly seems to be the year of pout faces too.

Surprised AnimeGAF's favourite expression wasn't the first to be posted.

ImYS8.jpg

Another pout face! (Sort of)

I wonder what Akane's "Moe Coefficient" is?

cajunator

Banned
I don't know if you saw it but she's kind of got a flesh coloured eyebrow type lines in the middle of her eye. I don't remember if I've ever seen that as part of a character design on any other show.
Something that I've found kind of surprising is I don't think you've seen Sekirei yet have you?

This certainly seems to be the year of pout faces too.

Another pout face! (Sort of)

I wonder what Akane's "Moe Coefficient" is?

I like this poutface moe revolution.
Unfortunately we are all well aware of what Butch Gen does to moe characters.
I fear for Akane's safety.

..I just received this in my mail box :

The package is really well done ..now that's a box set i approuve !

I hope NISA get season 3 & 4 too
The outer package feel like a book ..it's well done ( unlike the clean box surfaces they usualy got for their releases )

cajunator

Banned

The outer package feel like a book ..it's well done ( unlike the clean box surfaces they usualy got for their releases )

I didnt know NISA got Natsume.
They have been on a roll :)

survivor

Banned

Looks awesome, nice packaging.

Articalys

Robotics Notes 3

So that's all six of the main characters now present and accounted for, though they're not all together yet. Go figure the MC has the exact opposite disease as Aki. Now we're fully in 5pb visual novel territory.

Thanks for reminding me about this. NISA has been very tight on their print runs lately, so I should probably pick it up soon.

jbug617

Banned
There is also a nyanko sensei bag with it :)

i have no use for it (yet )

EDIt : another picture of the artbook ( in the same form of the book in the anime ) and the 2 dvds

The set looks nice. I want to pick it up but DVD only deters me.

There are a lot of things I haven't seen yet. Though I have heard of this one before, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

That show is all about the boobs.

Narag

Psycho-Pass 3

God damn, Ginoza.

Really liked how the real police work is relegated to latent criminals. I suppose understanding how a criminal thinks is enough to warrant a flag. Another nice touch was Akane being the only one to acknowledge the factory boss when he greeted them. The rift between government entities in a world like this is rather startlingly.

The knowledge that Psycho-Pass hue can regress further undermines the Sibyl System too. All one has to do is make sure they don't exceed a certain point. I've a feeling career criminals who can operate without excessive stress or true psychopaths fly under the radar.

Btooom! 4
tumblr_mchb8iNgqV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Easily its best episode and they even threw in an music track with vocals. The action was just stunning, fast paced, and explosive, best BIM in this one, and intense, all the characters finally acted like the competent Btooom! players they were built to being, and we even got the anime's coolest character. Kousuke needs way more screentime.

I didnt like the conclusion though
thought he would join Sakamoto's party, not be tied up and be left alone there

Soma

Robotics;Notes Episode 03

ibdrOOvEn1QoGU.jpg
idjMm5Dmvuf77.jpg

Pretty good episode. Stuff happens!

Kaito has been slowly growing on me since the second half of the previous episode and he definitely earned some points in this one. The tournament scenes were great and the
true identity of Mister Pleiades
twist was hilarious and provided a good transition to the Robot Club's next activities. With the introduction of a new character and with those little things going on in the background it seems like this show is finally getting into gear.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff!! 24

The blind soccer episode was a nice development episode. I really found it cool when they
managed to learn how to play with those blindfolds and made use of it to score
I say it every time I comment an episode, but this show is pretty great. I can't wait for 25 now.

cajunator

Banned
maybe old

15-minute long video on YouTube showing popular tv anime to air in the past 50 years as well as a graph depicting number of titles aired in Japan each year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJU-srGCCrU

haha video's like watching anime be born then die from moe 2006 onwards, reminds me of that xbox uk tv ad that got banned.

I feel old that watched a lot of those 70s to late 80s anime.

Over 280 animes came out in 2006 holy shit, anime now a days are so forgettable.

Thanks.
This was pretty informative.

OceanBlue

haha video's like watching anime be born then die from moe 2006 onwards, reminds me of that xbox uk tv ad that got banned.

The bubble burst as the economy went down the tubes. KyoAni was obviously just ahead of its time with Lucky Star. Another sign of KyoAni being a true leader of the anime industry.

cajunator

Banned
The bubble burst as the economy went down the tubes. KyoAni was obviously just ahead of its time with Lucky Star. Another sign of KyoAni being a true leader of the anime industry.

KYOANI just has their fingers on the moepulse of Japan.
They saw the trend and catered to it.

mAcOdIn

Nothing's wrong, she's merely got a "wry" smile or grin going on.

Unless the complaint's about why are there not individual teeth drawn but, well, that's like all anime these days.

cajunator

Banned
Also that graph actually shows that anime production is still very high.
Its still way better than any decade before.
Moe did not kill anime, it made it more successful.

Emitan

I'll protect you Billie!

Nichijou-brethren are always desired inside my circle.

Beat it!
Please no fighting :(

I love you all! /slut

Chet Rippo really knows how to make a girl watch a show.

I think I found my favorite maid so far. Mariel

3032611_249px.jpg
catmaid.png

My Little Monster 2

The real me lives on the internet too, and this is why you don't do offline meet ups.
It's ok so far.
Good... good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom