• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Just stumbling around YouTube I came across MAD's for Hidetsugu Ito. ANN shows that he hasn't done too much stuff be his action animation looks great. Strangely enough, his most recent work is on Polar Bear Cafe of all things.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 5

Dat awkwardness...

Okay, so Kyoko writes this manga about this witch girl and her rival. She is the one who writes it, right? I remember her telling her about her embarrassment at asking for a ticket to the movie for this same thing in an earlier episode. So... did I just get that part wrong? Is Kyoko actually writing a manga that already has a movie behind it? Or does she just write fan-fiction for it and sell it, which I'm fairly sure is illegal?

Speaking of this manga, my favorite scene in the show so far was probably with that little girl spotting Yui as "Rivalun" (She's the protagonist's rival, so her name is Rivalun! F. Scott Fitzgerald would be proud). Her mother tells her not to bother her further, as Rivalun is busy trying to take over the world. "You can do it, Rivalun". Not gonna lie, I genuinely laughed at this part. I, too, little girl, support Rivalun's endeavor to take over the world and make into an oppressive, Orwellian hellscape.

One last question about this manga: when Kyoko was talking to that fangirl about that scene, where the protagonist and Rivalun go bowling with that ball dude... that was referring to some action scene where they were rolling him back and forth at each other until one of them was defeated and not something where they're fighting for the fate of the world but they took a day off to go bowling together... right? I know that this probably isn't explicitly shown or discussed, but it can't possibly be the latter... right?

Then, there's that scene near the end where Chinatsu wants to practice kissing with Akari. For her future kiss with Yui. I guess I was wrong in my earlier analysis about Chinatsu's feelings about Yui. Anyway, Akari doesn't want to do it. and she runs around the house yelling. Chinatsu catches her and kisses her. Predictably, Kyoko and Yui walk in at this time, and there's a long, awkward pause. Frankly, I'm surprised Kyoko didn't fly off the handle, considering how she feels. Anyway, Chinatsu runs after them trying to tell them it's a misunderstanding, and Akari is laying on the floor, with a tear in her eye and a smile.

One last thing I should say is that Chitose's nosebleed fantasies are getting really old. At least include different people if only to change it up a little.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
YuruYuri 5

Dat awkwardness...

Then, there's that scene near the end where Chinatsu wants to practice kissing with Akari. For her future kiss with Yui. I guess I was wrong in my earlier analysis about Chinatsu's feelings about Yui. Anyway, Akari doesn't want to do it. and she runs around the house yelling. Chinatsu catches her and kisses her. Predictably, Kyoko and Yui walk in at this time, and there's a long, awkward pause. Frankly, I'm surprised Kyoko didn't fly off the handle, considering how she feels. Anyway, Chinatsu runs after them trying to tell them it's a misunderstanding, and Akari is laying on the floor, with a tear in her eye and a smile.

One last thing I should say is that Chitose's nosebleed fantasies are getting really old. At least include different people if only to change it up a little.

WZQ8a.jpg

Don't fight it.

YuruYuri 5

Dat awkwardness...

Okay, so Kyoko writes this manga about this witch girl and her rival. She is the one who writes it, right? I remember her telling her about her embarrassment at asking for a ticket to the movie for this same thing in an earlier episode. So... did I just get that part wrong? Is Kyoko actually writing a manga that already has a movie behind it? Or does she just write fan-fiction for it and sell it, which I'm fairly sure is illegal?

Speaking of this manga, my favorite scene in the show so far was probably with that little girl spotting Yui as "Rivalun" (She's the protagonist's rival, so her name is Rivalun! F. Scott Fitzgerald would be proud). Her mother tells her not to bother her further, as Rivalun is busy trying to take over the world. "You can do it, Rivalun". Not gonna lie, I genuinely laughed at this part. I, too, little girl, support Rivalun's endeavor to take over the world and make into an oppressive, Orwellian hellscape.

One last question about this manga: when Kyoko was talking to that fangirl about that scene, where the protagonist and Rivalun go bowling with that ball dude... that was referring to some action scene where they were rolling him back and forth at each other until one of them was defeated and not something where they're fighting for the fate of the world but they took a day off to go bowling together... right? I know that this probably isn't explicitly shown or discussed, but it can't possibly be the latter... right?

Kyoko makes fanfiction manga. Magical Witch Mirakurun is an actual franchise, which is why there was a movie for it. As such, don't think too hard about why anything happens in her fanfiction stories.

Syrinx

She basically writes doujins. I don't think it's illegal to sell doujins based on pre-existing works, that seems to be the core business of all those comicons even.

So, basically, that witch girl (I forget her name) is an existing property, and she writes doujin for it? Hmm. I would think selling this sort of thing would be illegal. But I'm no expert, so what do I know?

Edit: I think Kagami's got me covered.

/XX/

Is this the first anime series transferred in 4K?
Can we count the 35mm film stock scanning of Neon Genesis Evangelion's opening & ending, along with all the other optimal digital transfer material they have and are sitting on it right now? :-(

Risette

A Good Citizen
Can we count the 35mm film stock scanning of Neon Genesis Evangelion's opening & ending, along with all the other optimal digital transfer material they have and are sitting on it right now? :-(
They had 4K scanners back then?

Wasn't Renewal done in HD (1080p) back then like most transfers? Possibly 1080i

Or did they do a new transfer

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyou 4
I enjoyed it more when Nibutani was the innocent girl type. But I guess that would have made her way too much like Mikuru

I kind of enjoyed it when she showed her "other" side. It was glorious.

You would absolutely love it.

Probably so. when I attempted to start it I was extremely tired so it wasn't given a fair shot.

I can see why some people would say that, but it's not like the way he watched (or claimed to watch) shows affected anyone but him, so it's not like it actually mattered.

I never had a problem with Hix. His screenshots were a bit off kilter, but the whole reaction to it seemed REALLY silly. I have never before seen someone criticized just for the way they view something, except maybe someone playing an HD game in SD format in the gaming section.

Say what you will, but Buriki is a very skilled artist. There are some stylistic choices I don't necessarily care for, such as the way the hands and faces look, but the pieces still come across beautifully. Unfortunately, I feel that Buriki was most likely sought after as an illustrator for images and light novels - rather than as a designer. Much of what make's Buriki's art so nice is lost in translation when the style is carried over to anime. You end up with most of the bad and none of the good.

Buriki is way better than Tony Taka at least.

Branduil

People who watch things in the wrong aspect ratio deserve criticism. How will they ever know they're doing it wrong if people don't tell them?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Baccano 3 - 5

I like this show. Everyone is psychotic. I also love the ugly man faces that all the NPC type characters have.

Buriki is way better than Tony Taka at least.

Miles better. I'm not a huge Taka fan, but... there are a couple of images of his that are still like... damn, for obvious reasons of course.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
All this T2 talk.

Someone post that gif.

You know the one.

/XX/

They had 4K scanners back then?

Wasn't Renewal done in HD (1080p) back then like most transfers? Possibly 1080i

Or did they do a new transfer
Yeah, I think I jumped the gun and assumed it was a 'Telecine' scan made at that resolution that is concurrent now and pretty habitual for 35mm film, and the 2007 version of the DVD-BOX apparently used the same transfer. I didn't remember the specifics it was made back then, sorry!

Steroyd

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 04

I find it amusing you used the exact same pics I was going to post, but didn't because I was jumping into the realm of image spam.

So many moments damnit!

BTOOM - 04

Oh lord, it seems our protagonist is actually a schizophrenic and switches between "I don't wanna kill" wuss to some Light esque "I'm too brilliant at BTOOM for my own good" *facepalm*

K - 04

And so we spend the whole episode reminiscing about a festival, hopefully skateboard guy gets his ass whooped, I actually like seeing that.

Jourmugand - 15

Don't piss off Koko, cos that makes her loco and we don't like her when she's loco. D:

Blasty Tempest - 04

A bit of backstory, a walk in shower scene and some pillow talk, yeah sounds about right.

Narag

Remember the opening scene of the first episode? The Dominator didn't work at the criminal, which may indicate that there are people who can kill without even triggering a high psycho pass, or maybe it was just due to the location. Either way, it's an interesting point.

I think it's the helmet.

Yeah, he couldn't be shot until the helmet was damaged. There's an exploitable flaw in the system we'll see later on, I figure, which will tie into Shogo Maskishima like the that intro implied. I'm curious to see if he's a legit psychopath so his stress levels don't set off the system or if that gift of narrative line in his desc implies he's able to convince others to act on crimes in his stead so he'd be untouchable with the current system

I'm eager to see the Ginoza/Mazaoka backstory too.
Wouldn't doubt if it ended up a case where they once worked together, Mazaoka was flagged and Ginoza was tasked to him down inadvertently causing his faith in the system to waver.

but what do i know

Narag

「ジャイアントロボ THE ANIMATION ~ 地球が静止する日 ~」アルティメットBlu-ray BOXが届いたー♪:録画地獄:So-net blog
http://catalina.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2012-10-26-3

What a beauty! And remember it includes English dub, pals...

Oh god, how much???

Narag

Princess Nine 14

I got so excited when Ryo got that hit and the musical score picked up. :lol

I do appreciate how episode 13 was a more comedic opening to the game whereas 14 closed it out with a much more appropriate tone even though thee lightning ball is a bit fantastical. Then again, I did accept the whole wave motion swing thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom