• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I find it amusing you used the exact same pics I was going to post, but didn't because I was jumping into the realm of image spam.

So many moments damnit!

Seriously! I was honestly about to post 8 pics but that would've been a little much.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Did you miss the HiroxSae?

The placement of it was hilarious. SHAFT is getting too good at this.

SDBurton can't ignore the truth forever!

4etnd.gif

Natsume can't be bothered by your peanut gallery nonsense, she has a date with Sae at 6:00pm sharp and simply cannot be late. Hmph!

Jex

Speaking of sweet animator MAD's, here's a June one for Hironori Tanaka:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMjauXbDrU

As always, the best part about such video's is that I don't have to bother watching all the random shitty shows that occasionally have a great animator in, instead someone helpfully puts them all in one place!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That thread still brings a tear to my eye.
lol
I still remember ages ago reading an argument that fullscreen transfers give MORE information because you can see more of the top and the bottom part of the frame. :(

Try having a 16:10 monitor
I do. It sucks for consoles. :(

http://i.imgur.com/4etnd.gif

Natsume can't be bothered by your peanut gallery nonsense, she has a date with Sae at 6:00pm sharp and simply cannot be late. Hmph!
A date with her
washing machine?
At least it'll only cost her 2 bucks!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I still remember ages ago reading an argument that fullscreen transfers give MORE information because you can see more of the top and the bottom part of the frame. :(
Only applies to stuff filmed in Super8, and even then not by much.

Of course, you also have cases like the Sailor Moon R movie where it was drawn to a TV aspect then cropped to a widescreen aspect. Certain errors can be seen on the uncropped version because it wasn't meant to be included.

Narag

Speaking of sweet animator MAD's, here's a June one for Hironori Tanaka:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMjauXbDrU

As always, the best part about such video's is that I don't have to bother watching all the random shitty shows that occasionally have a great animator in, instead someone helpfully puts them all in one place!

It always gets me when I watch one of the MADs like that only to see a bunch of stuff I'd seen before that stood out to me. Just nice to know who did particular cuts, I guess.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Of course, you also have cases like the Sailor Moon R movie where it was drawn to a TV aspect then cropped to a widescreen aspect. Certain errors can be seen on the uncropped version because it wasn't meant to be included.
A lot of long-series movies were done like that because it was cheaper for them to keep buying TV sized cels in bulk and use them for the movies too or something. For example, Beautiful Dreamer was shot in 4:3 but framed for theatrical aspect too, but early home video releases presented it in open matte 4:3 to avoid cropping/pan and scanning I guess. Then you get people who adamantly argue against new releases because the newer versions are "cropped" and inferior even though it's how they're supposed to look and they're just stuck on their old releases that happened to have more image even though they're still not the intended viewing experience. ;_;

Grzi

The Jun Arai one is great as well. Gotta love that shading.

BlueSakuga makes the best MAD videos, really good stuff.

Here's a great one for Yoshimichi Kameda.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, it's on.
Like Donkey Kong? You're the Billy Mitchel of this situation!

A lot of long-series movies were done like that because it was cheaper for them to keep buying TV sized cels in bulk and use them for the movies too or something. For example, Beautiful Dreamer was shot in 4:3 but framed for theatrical aspect too, but early home video releases presented it in open matte 4:3 to avoid cropping/pan and scanning I guess. Then you get people who adamantly argue against new releases because the newer versions are "cropped" and inferior even though it's how they're supposed to look and they're just stuck on their old releases that happened to have more image even though they're still not the intended viewing experience. ;_;
People. :(

At least we're good with OAR now. Most people just accept it.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 6

Okay, it's worth saying again, but the facial expressions really are what make this show. They really help to make this show more endearing than it would otherwise. Akari's
man-face
was fucking hysterical.

So, who wrote that fantasy at the beginning? Did Yui write it, or did Kyoko write it as some way to get Chinatsu to like her?

Chinatsu's story was hilarious. Those drawings look conspicuously like the album art for Reign In Blood.

Kyoko, I'm preeeeeeety sure that making a clay figure of Chinatsu with her legs spread open constitutes sexual harassment. And, while I'm at it, I'm pretty sure telling Yui that you'll only show you're spread legs to her is the same deal, Chinatsu.

On a tangent, but while I really should be skipping the opening sequence, something about their rocking left and right is, how should I say,... hypnotic.

Narag

Princess Nine 15

Fucking hell.
Ryo's father was built up to be some sort of amazing guy and great ball player by all that knew him but when the story broke he might have been involved in fixing games back in the day, it hit hard as I was finding out at the same time Ryo was.

Nafe

:D

One of my friends linked me to a statue of her and I really want it.

I can't wait for the Vita version because it's supposed to have new characters!

In one way I'm interested in the game but in another I'm getting kind of tired of how some companies are re-releasing their games with added content on another system or sometimes even the same system. I could see years down the road maybe, when it's possibly hard to find but Muramasa, as an example, wasn't really released all that long ago.

When I found out Ikaruga whas played by Asami Imai I played all the missions with her, she was lvl 30 and the other were like lvl 6~10. And after her I played only with Katsuragi/Yuu Kobayashi.

This sounds like probably how I would maybe approach the game when playing it. I think it's coming out for the PlayStation Vita as well so I'll have to check if there's anything new or different with that version (Even though I don't own one yet).

Psycho Pass
Also, what a random reference. Of course, now all I can think of is that stupid Keanu Reeves movie.

Yeah, I thought of that too. I didn't see part of the movie until quite a few years after it had been released. It was a neat surprise to see that Takeshi Kitano had a small role in the movie. He speaks in English too.

I don't really remember what happens in the movie though to know if the reference in Psycho Pass carries any farther than a random name drop.

Not as far as I'm aware!

Hmm, really? I did a search for your image in your Photobucket page (Here) but the image wouldn't load and it seemed like it couldn't be found. Doing a Google search I was also directed to page 195 of the spring 2012 anime thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470973&page=195.

At your post numbered #9705 it looks like the image should be there but nothing appears.

Hahaha, that's actually pretty clever. Panty & Stocking did a similar thing in the Transformers-themed episode. Hope you watch that show at some point.

One of the interesting things about this episode of Panty & Stocking is that the original Japanese seiyuu for Optimus Prime(Tessho Genda) and Megatron(Seizo Katou) reprized their roles by voicing their respective parody characters in this episode.

chuuni - 04

Best episode so far.

ed3ZXl.jpg

• She's wearing like three skirts.

Not knowing what the weather is like at the Unseen Horizon it's best to dress in layers.

Also, yeah, it's a tutu as has been mentioned but it's funnier this way.

YuruYuri 6

Okay, it's worth saying again, but the facial expressions really are what make this show. They really help to make this show more endearing than it would otherwise. Akari's
man-face
was fucking hysterical.

So, who wrote that fantasy at the beginning? Did Yui write it, or did Kyoko write it as some way to get Chinatsu to like her?

Chinatsu's story was hilarious. Those drawings look conspicuously like the album art for Reign In Blood.

Kyoko, I'm preeeeeeety sure that making a clay figure of Chinatsu with her legs spread open constitutes sexual harassment. And, while I'm at it, I'm pretty sure telling Yui that you'll only show you're spread legs to her is the same deal, Chinatsu.

On a tangent, but while I really should be skipping the opening sequence, something about their rocking left and right is, how should I say,... hypnotic.

Kyoko, jealousy is the motive, I think.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, really? I did a search for your image in your Photobucket page (Here) but the image wouldn't load and it seemed like it couldn't be found. Doing a Google search I was also directed to page 195 of the spring 2012 anime thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470973&page=195.

At your post numbered #9705 it looks like the image should be there but nothing appears.

Also, yeah, it's a tutu as has been mentioned but it's funnier this way.

I can see it.
Here I reuploaded it too:
8v8Ft.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Some people just can't accept that sometimes a cropped image is the OAR though.
True, true.

Yeah, I thought of that too. I didn't see part of the movie until quite a few years after it had been released. It was a neat surprise to see that Takeshi Kitano had a small role in the movie. He speaks in English too.

I don't really remember what happens in the movie though to know if the reference in Psycho Pass carries any farther than a random name drop.
I don't remember anything about that movie either... and probably that's for the best. lol

Oho, a shipping war! Let me give you two a bit advice, for resolving this conflict and any other shipping arguments you may find yourself in:

Threesomes.

Solve.

Everything.
Not if the other character is Kanna!

survivor

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 11
hydPX.png

Did not expect Yuno to be able to pull this badass look, so awesome

Finally, after all this waiting, I get a Yoshinoya focused episode and it rocked. The best episode in a while. The first part with the zoo visit was constantly funny and the second part was just about Yoshinoya so it was great.

Nafe

I can see it.
Here I reuploaded it too:
http://i.imgur.com/8v8Ft.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thanks [B]cajunator[/B]. That's strange, as I tried looking at a few other random pictures and they all loaded fine but that picture specifically wouldn't load for me.

[quote="firehawk12, post: 43641344"]I don't remember anything about that movie either... and probably that's for the best. lol
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't remember the parts I saw as being very good either. I can recall the preview I saw looked interesting though.

BluWacky

Few more bits of catch-up...

Magi 3

This was the first time I actually felt something was a bit off with this show. It felt a little as if nothing had enough "weight" to it dramatically. Perhaps because it's gone so fast to get to this point - I don't know - but I never really felt the stakes were particularly high. I guess it was too obvious what would happen because, hey, we've all watched the opening sequence three times now.

What was up with the recorder quartet at the end, though? It was like we'd suddenly transplanted the soundtrack from Emma into the Arabian Nights.

JoJo 3

This is blasphemy I guess but I didn't really enjoy this episode all that much, apart from the ending. It's still charmingly melodramatic, but the episode was too predictable for my liking - again, spoiled by the OP, and we'd seen all the elements come into play in previous episodes.

Both JoJo and Magi have the advantage that they're basically moving on to new storylines in episode 4, though, so that's okay.

From The New World 5

Goodness me, there are a lot of shots of people's feet and legs in this episode.

Saki is definitely not an ape. Nor, in a completely different way, is the Bakenezumi Queen.

7Th

From The New World 5

Goodness me, there are a lot of shots of people's feet and legs in this episode.

Saki is definitely not an ape. Nor, in a completely different way, is the Bakenezumi Queen.

Yamauchi has a fetish. True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom