• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I don't remember the parts I saw as being very good either. I can recall the preview I saw looked interesting though.
Keanu being Keanu. Funny enough, if it had come post-Matrix, people would probably remember it differently.

The storm is coming. Just you wait.
In that case, I'm Sarah Connor and you are the T-1000!

Yeah, in retrospect I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I bought it.
I don't watch TV but have computers. Go figure. lol

Gintama 176

ApTOU.jpg

Countdown!

Gintama recap episodes are always fun and this was no exception.

And that remixed OP. So wonderful.

From the New World 5 (raw)

Wow, Ishihama really let Yamauchi and Hayama go to town on this one. Between the altered character designs, the incredible fantastical art, and Yamauchi's trademark directing style, the visuals are certainly reminiscent of Casshern Sins.

Edit: I had a hunch about the art, and a check of the credits confirms it: It was handled this episode by Kenji Matsumoto, that brilliant artist responsible for many of the beautiful backgrounds in Casshern Sins and Dream Eater Merry. No wonder it looks so good.

cajunator

Banned
I got a quick question, when did cat ears become a thing in anime?

Star of cottonland probably.
Although personally I think I became 100% obsessed with catgirls when I saw stuff like catgirl nukunuku and merle from escaflowne.
Probably several others like Hyper Police and magical nyan nyan taruto made it worse.
All I know is I cannot get enough of them.

Gintama 177

What To-Love-Ru!

Oh cool, a new arc with probably best girl too? Really like all the spider theme that's going on and this was a pretty cool intro to the arc.

New OP was ok, but not warmed up to the new ED though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but stupid Xbox 360 doesn't understand the concept of 1920x1200.
Yep. Fucking annoying in games that don't let you scale the HUD too!

Gintama 177

What To-Love-Ru!

Oh cool, a new arc with probably best girl too? Really like all the spider theme that's going on and this was a pretty cool intro to the arc.

New OP was ok, but not warmed up to the new ED though.
This is the arc that basically created Gintoki x Tsukki and is why women apparently despise her and think she's the worst female character (or third worst, I guess). lol

Gintama 178

More arc building. This is still building up to a really nice arc involving possible best girl and still love the use of spiders everywhere. Nice to see they are also adding another underused supporting cast into the fights.

Articalys

Saimoe Quarter Final 1

1st 403 Toki Onjouji @ Saki
2nd 252 Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar

With this, one of the two finalists is guaranteed to be a Saki character.

-----------------------------

Today, the first of two Saki grudge matches:

Maedhros

Chuunibyou 04

Uuuuugh... oh my god... this show is so fucking ankward I want to die of shame. I can't finish the episode without pausing at least 10 times.

Why I don't drop this? The 2 final minutes of every fucking episode. I'm going to say this forever: if this show was actually about mahou and fantasy, I wouldn't be talking bad things about it. KyoAni are animation gods.

BTW, Nibutani Shinka is a bitch.

I can't relate to anyone in this show... maybe the MC, but I have this thought that he'll get back to be crazy by the end of the show. =/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saimoe Quarter Final 1

1st 403 Toki Onjouji @ Saki
2nd 252 Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar

With this, one of the two finalists is guaranteed to be a Saki character.

-----------------------------

Today, the first of two Saki grudge matches:

Breasts vs Monster play. I wonder which way the nerds will vote. :p

Syrinx

How are people watching From the New World? Crunchyroll is only letting me view up to number 4. I have to wait for shitty Tuesday to watch episode 5

survivor

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 12

4GLJC.jpg
iCjWS.jpg

Well that wraps up the show. I don't know why they wanted to end the anime by introducing the sister of the worst character of the cast, but she was a bit funny so I didn't mind her that much. Rest of the episode was just them reminiscing about living in the apartment and talking about their plans for the holiday. Just standard stuff, nothing special.

Overall, it was a nice lighthearted slice of life show. Although I really had a lot of problems with what they focused on. Some of the episodes were just too tedious to go through. I know the anime is about the 4 girls doing whatever, but at least try to focus on the fun/interesting parts like the zoo episode instead of having them sit around talking about the most mundane topics ever. I'm still planning on watching the rest of the seasons since at the end of the day I did enjoy my time watching it. Though right now my priorities changed and I want to marathon Dennou Coil first.

Two important things I got from watching the anime:
1) Kana Asumi is fucking awesome
2) This is still the best mashup ever

3OsR7.jpg
Yw1Z4.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
any reason? at the very least it had strong female leads that werent fulfilling the kemonomimi niche/fetish , and its non human characters actually looked non human
Man, I haven't done a Twelve Kingdoms teardown in ages, and apparently not on the forum so I can't just repost it.

Digimon Adventure 5 - 7
tumblr_mciyvgAtad1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Two favorites, good art. Anyway alright set of episodes on digimon I just dont really care about. However for Izzy (I just realized he sounds exactly like Beat from Eternal Sonata) he has an interesting backstory that must be explored, I hope it happens soon, as it was cut off for more pressing plot reasons.

Video quality on 7 was kind of blurry, odd for a dvd, but I guess it is what it is?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
surely there is something off the top of your head, then?
Let me say this in the meantime, though: Only one of the shows concerned here follows an actual plot structure, with actual conflict and resolution. In the land of Twelve Kingdoms, the gods sort everything out, so there's really no need to worry about anything you see onscreen. Oh what's that? You wanted to know why the second arc happened in the first place? Too bad! That's not for the viewer to know!

Defuser

So I'm on a train right now and there this guy near me carrying a Kashiwazaki Sena from Haganai sling bag attached with a Yukikaze Dog days keychain.

Uchip

Banned
Let me say this in the meantime, though: Only one of the shows concerned here follows an actual plot structure, with actual conflict and resolution. In the land of Twelve Kingdoms, the gods sort everything out, so there's really no need to worry about anything you see onscreen.

you're comparing a silly plot to an unfinished one
theyre both problematic...

however, at least 12 kingdoms had some semblance of world building
would you at least agree that the character designs for dog days are trashier?

cajunator

Banned
Indeed
I was actually wondering what he found interesting about the design other than "its so hnnngh"

The eyes.
Thats the main difference in most anime styles. I like buriki's eye design a lot.
I judge my enjoyment of character designs heavily on the eye design.
Maybe you guys dont like me or whatever but you aint gonna make me leave sorry.
You have the option to ignore me if you hate me so much but others dont mind my posting.
Im not out to be loved by everyone.
Thats fine with me.

Branduil

The eyes.
Thats the main difference in most anime styles. I like buriki's eye design a lot.
You have the option to ignore me if you hate me so much but others dont mind my posting.
Thats fine with me.

You're really missing the point here.

Uchip

Banned
The eyes.
Thats fine with me.

???
I just wanted to know what you liked about the specific character
forgive me if it sounded patronizing but it was a genuine curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom