• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

23qwerty

is there much point in using the texture optimization mod with a 970? I haven't checked out how much vram the game is using yet

Not really a mod, but a pretty nice tweak. Removes that fake rim lighting that's applied to characters. Always stuck out to me in interiors.

3771-0-1448917230.gif

3771-0-1448916235.gif

3771-0-1448914746.gif

adamy

Banned
anyone using mods and playing on an alienware alpha?

i know it's unlikely i'll find someone in this thread, but i can't figure some shit out and need help :(

Is there any way to permanently place an item (like a milk bottle, ball or something), i.e. without it disappearing after a while?

bengraven

I accepted that with my broke ass I'd just pick up a PS4 and play Fallout without the mods.

Then I saw the female faces in this game and realized like every Bethesda game since Morrowind I was going to need a face replacer mod. I couldn't get through FO3 without Project Beauty, for example.

Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks

^ This mod kills the overblown skylights and helps particularly for interiors

FogOut V5

^ This mod removes the bright fog from locations. I use Indoor Only because I don't like how it makes the wasteland look, but it drastically improves the look of interiors, especially in tandem with the Light Tweaks mod above.

Pleasant UI

^ This mod makes the looting and hud visuals a lot less intrusive and allows you to alter the crosshair in some neat ways as well.

Darker Nights

^ This mod is invaluable for adding a bit of atmosphere to the wasteland. Having an imposing nighttime where bright headlamps and shit are actually valuable is pretty cool. (works really well in tandem with the pip-boy shadows mod over headlamps and power armor lights.)

my game is looking so good thanks to these mods + the fake character lighting removal tweak. Indoor environments particularly look soooo much better.

So do we have a pretty definitive ENB or Reshade yet? I really want to download one, but I'm not sure if there is one considered the "Best"

I don't like mods that just make everything super dark. There's no fun in that. But the screenshots of the character lighting mod really do add a lot of atmosphere. I'll need to check that out.

Top Bottom