• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Vex_

Banned
#1 - you can still see well enough, especially if you equip yourself with in-game objects designed to enhance visibility, and especially if you have not implemented the fakelight disabling tweak. And at any rate the Darker Nights mod allows you to choose any level of darkness you like, including levels that are only mildly tweaked from the game's weak vanilla light.

#2 - you can shoot just fine too, read #1. plus there's night vision and targeting weaponry available for use that just plain have no use in vanilla lighting scenarios anyway

#3 - in regards to the bolded - even just reading the mod pages would tell you that yes, the NPCs do in fact react to the lowered brightness level and can't see as well in the dark either. whether it's indoors or outdoors, the darker it is, the harder it is for them to see or sense you. so there's no 'immersion breaking' there.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/676/?

Yes it is immersion breaking when they can magically see you but you can't see them.

He updated the mod, it wasn't always like that. That came outta nowhere. I already tried that mod awhile ago.

Still too dark with a decent reshade. Lights on PA helmets/pipboy only go so far (see a couple feet in front of you). Not straining my eyes.

I am enjoying my hella dark nights I have already due to a cinematic reshade I have -- that mod is overkill if I add it on top of that.

Opinions be opinions. So whatevs.

I think somebody mentioned that they were looking for a mod like this in the Fallout thread.

Targeting Hud Fix (Hostiles Only)

makes it so that power armor targeting only functions on hostile NPCs

edit: a similar mod with more expansive customization

Customization Targeting HUD

Yes it is immersion breaking when they can magically see you but you can't see them.

He updated the mod, it wasn't always like that. That came outta nowhere. I already tried that mod awhile ago.

Still too dark with a decent reshade. Lights on PA helmets/pipboy only go so far (see a couple feet in front of you). Not straining my eyes.

I am enjoying my hella dark nights I have already due to a cinematic reshade I have -- that mod is overkill if I add it on top of that.

Opinions be opinions. So whatevs.

Fair enough. I didn't know that the sneak changes were a new feature, I kinda thought that's just how the engine worked. And there are mods out there for enhancing the distance of your pip boy light and helmet light. (1) (2) edit: this one is the best

another edit: Using that mod to up the range of the Bright Headlamp on my Power Armor by 200% (and also slightly dimming it while raising the base brightness of the pip-boy and normal headlamps slightly), I've found a happy medium that retains the atmosphere of more realistically lit indoor environments @ the mods I posted earlier, while enabling an appreciable degree of visibility.

Headlamp off:

light1h4sgx.png
light3vls7g.png

Headlamp on:

Have about 25 or so mods installed right now. Starting to like the look of the game. First shot so far, will have better ones but just now getting the look down

22882751473_baf2e96ebf_h.jpg

Uber Reality..... ugh. I really hate the name of all these ReShade presets. CA does not make a game look realistic... and that is so egregious there that it's not even funny. And this CA is apparently making everything glow green....

Loving the color and atmosphere (STALKER-like), but yeah you should alter the sharpness down a bit.
Gonna check that uber preset later.

Uber Reality..... ugh. I really hate the name of all these ReShade presets. CA does not make a game look realistic... and that is so egregious there that it's not even funny. And this CA is apparently making everything glow green....

I actually like the green, I'm going to try to find an ENB that keeps that tbh

But yeah the sharpening and stuff was over the top. I just threw it on there as it was one of the first recommended to me while I messed with other mods.

Spinifex

My mod name would be Uber Immersive Wasteland Overhaul+

doomquake

Hope this doesn't make me sound lazy

Do any modders in this thread have the extracted textures for Valentine? Would like to play with making his face high resolution. Much appreciated.

Dries

So, should your Fallout4.esm be at the top of your load order in NMM?

Edit: never mind, it's defaulted.

added

FEATURES

Intense visuals during rainstorms -- distant fork and sheet lightning in the sky!
All-new heavy rain/dust textures, materials, visual effects, and particle geometry for truly heavy storms!
No more "white rain" - particle materials are now using proper alpha blending and lighting, and are effected by the ambient lighting conditions.
20 all-new, intense thunder sounds, and a new method for much more unpredictable/random playback.
New interior sounds for all weathers: wind, rain, radstorm, and thunder sounds for all rain types, but only inside locations where it makes sense.
New weather types, with new particles/materials, including radiation rain, heavy dust storms, heavy fogs, heavy/light rain, and more!
Weather chances have been slightly altered to give a little bit more diversity (the vanilla game heavily favors sunny weather.)
Weather will stick around just a little bit longer -- you will no longer experience 4 or 5 different weathers in a single day.
Vanilla night brightness and several darkness levels available, for compatibility with darker nights mods.
Volume slider for new thunder and rain sounds to give you more control for your audio setup.
THIS MOD WAS MADE WITH FO4EDIT, AND ONLY EDITS SIMPLE RECORD TYPES (see sticky post for more information)

I HIGHLY recommend using this along with a darker nights mod such as Darker Nights to get the full effect!

I also highly recommend setting your timescale to something lower, so time passes better. I use 10. (in the console type 'set timescale to 10' but never go lower than 7!)

NEW WEATHER TYPES

New weather types, and variants to the regular weather have been crafted, including:

Heavy Fog and Light Fog - The Commonwealth at midnight when fog is rolling through is absolutely chilling. (Fog effects by Prod80!)
Heavy and Light Rain - Rain storms are now heavy and loud, but there's still a chance for soft rain, also with it's own textures and sounds.
Radiation Rain - Rads fall from the sky in two variants, heavy with 8 rads/sec (better pop a Rad-X!) and light rain, at 1 rad/sec.
Heavy Dust Storm - Very low chance to occur, but you won't want to get stuck outside when this hits.

Yeef

Haven't been able to find anything on Nexus, but maybe someone here has:

I'm just looking for a mod that lets me hotkey armor loadouts (i.e. full outfits).

TheRed

I can't wait to try that true storms mod tomorrow. WIth Darker Nights which I love and more difficulty mods it keeps getting more and more S.T.A.L.K.E.R like.

LowParry

Can't seem to get that true storms to work. I've done all the changes to the .ini files. Installed it through nexus and not able to get help "true storm weather effects" 4 to work. Any ideas?

Spyware

Can't seem to get that true storms to work. I've done all the changes to the .ini files. Installed it through nexus and not able to get help "true storm weather effects" 4 to work. Any ideas?
Are you on the Beta version? I think you have to set the "plugins.txt" in User/AppData/Local/Fallout4 to read-only for the launcher not to reset it. Done that?

Edit: After installing the mod btw! Since NMM has to be able to write to it first. So install mod, set to read-only and then start the game.

I'm pretty sure it should be "help "true storms weather effects" 4"

Also make sure you're in-game.

LowParry

I'm pretty sure it should be "help "true storms weather effects" 4"

Also make sure you're in-game.

No dice.

Are you on the Beta version? I think you have to set the "plugins.txt" in User/AppData/Local/Fallout4 to read-only for the launcher not to reset it. Done that?

Edit: After installing the mod btw! Since NMM has to be able to write to it first. So install mod, set to read-only and then start the game.

Tried that and still not working. It seems to take the 'set timescale to 10' command but not the help one to disable that rad damage.

Brokun

Not sure this is your problem but I wasn't familiar with the Nexus mod manager so i overlooked this:

If there is no green checkmark next to the mod name in the mod manager it is not yet installed.

LowParry

Not sure this is your problem but I wasn't familiar with the Nexus mod manager so i overlooked this:

If there is no green checkmark next to the mod name in the mod manager it is not yet installed.

Yeah I've got that. I'm guessing I'm not suppose to see something right away until it rains or whatever. There is a heavy fog effect going on right now so I'm assuming it's working. Just gotta wait till I see some more weather I suppose.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
How can I tell what mods are actually loaded in-game?

I'm not aware of any magical way that says A, B, and C are installed. Either you need to keep track or use NMM and pay attention to what is checked. Unfortunately not everything is like reshader where you get splash screen loader on boot.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Skyrim showed you because they were made using the toolkit and loaded as plugins. All mods right now for Fallout 4 are made prior to the toolkit and plugin creators being available, so it is a cobbled together thing.

What he said, we'll have to wait until around February when the mod tools are released before we start seeing some real mods.

Top Bottom