• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

need help with main storyline quest...
where is the railroad I need to find?

old north church
, you can also follow the freedom trail in the city area starting at Boston common and it will get you there. It's a big red line on the ground taking tourists around land marks.

old north church
, you can also follow the freedom trail in the city area starting at Boston common and it will get you there. It's a big red line on the ground taking tourists around land marks.

My very first day in real life Boston, I followed the freedom trail. It was pretty neat following it in game too.

Kaversmed

old north church

Big red line you say? Shit, I couldn't figure out where to go after the first checkpoint. xD Where's my waypoint dammit?! Game, why you no hold my hand?!

old north church

where is the boston commons? i looked on the map but couldnt find it

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
what does setting up supply lines between settlements do exactly? I'm wanting to have one settlement make all the food and then have that food supplied to other settlements. Is that possible?

Kaversmed

what does setting up supply lines between settlements do exactly? I'm wanting to have one settlement make all the food and then have that food supplied to other settlements. Is that possible?

Yes, they share food, water and the building supplies you get from junk materials like wood, steel etc.

R0ckman

Well, I lost Tessa's Fist from the game sending parts of my armor to the void because Curie stole it and it glitched out... Ah well, at least I found out it wasn't that good. Only helped arm durability.

What the hell goes on in the game world when you are not in the presence of an area? Do things still move around and operate while you are far away?

Recall

So anyone else the hidden root cellar in Sanctuary as their private quarters? It has a bed, 3 containers and plenty of food. Few gold bars in there too.

Replicant

Son of a B@%*'

My power armor disappeared again and I already took out the fusion core. Moving them to Red Rocket now where it has 0 population.

NBtoaster

I also lost my X-01 armor randomly. I don't think this game has unique power armor sets so its not devasting, but its annoying if you spend a lot of time customising.

Kamina777

Banned
It's really an odd move. I feel like Bethesda is trying to catch up to Bioware in terms of narrative as Bioware attempts to catch up to Bethesda in terms of freedom and exploration. It's all made even more complicated by CDProjekt arguably setting a new gold standard that they both suffer negative comparisons to.

I like the VAs, but as I try to create more unusual characters it really does get in the way.
They should be getting as far away from whatever bioware is doing and ignoring cdprojekt altogether, most of what they do rubs me wrong, leave that out of fallout.

Improving what they do best and listening to fans of the game to help improve where they are falling short are what they should be doing.

Kas

So, I just found an entire suit of X-01 armor.

I think this is the suit I'll focus on upgrading instead of my 6 other ones

Staf

I love Nick Valentine. Never thought i would say this about a character in a Bethesda game but he's definitely one of my favorite characters in a long, long time.

Replicant

Yeah, about that. Nobody needs fusion cores except for the player character.

WTF?! That explains these things missing like bargain items at flea market.

Ugh, should I start dismantling the armor, leaving only the shell? Or can they steal that too? There's no one in Red Rocket and I just place a turret in the middle of the armors.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally got my quest log clear except for the main story quest. Need to head to the
glowing sea
. But I keep wandering and finding new quests. Also need to track down an x-01 set. Level 60ish and still haven't seen a single piece.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
This game is 1000% better with cheats.

I haven't done any of that, but I am convinced that this game should not have encumbrance. that was the first thing I got rid of and haven't looked back. Especially with settlement building and needing all sorts of weird stuff, this game requires that you hoard stuff.

BeeDog

Has anyone else experienced cases where unique enemies that are supposed to carry unique weapons don't? Seems to have happened me; I was cleaning up in Quincy Ruins (the big Gunner stronghold in the southeast), and the unique enemies Clint and Tessa were supposed to carry some cool weapons. But when I looted them I couldn't find anything. :(

Since I'm a completionist, this bummed me out (PS4). What gives, can those weapons be looted from anywhere else perhaps?

Kaversmed

What are you guys' favorite tip that wasn't explained in the game?

Mine would probably be that when in build mode you can move things around horizontally by holding X and vertically by holding X + L1 (PS4)

Also, just found out recently that when hacking, you can activate enclosed brackets/square brackets etc. to rule out wrong words or to give you four new tries.

What are yours?

Sarcasm

Mine would probably be that when in build mode you can move things around horizontally by holding X and vertically by holding X + L1 (PS4)

Also, just found out recently that when hacking, you can activate enclosed brackets/square brackets etc. to rule out wrong words or to give you four new tries.

What are yours?

Believe it or not this was in the previous games.

Even more so, it tells you in a small text window in FO4 >.>

thenexus6

God this game is silly sometimes,

I was doing a mission where I handed an item to someone, who handed it to someone else. Both their dialogue was overlapping.

Then I have Nick in the background talking to a random NPC .. so I had four dialogues all overlapping and I couldn't hear anything properly.

Yeah, about that. Nobody needs fusion cores except for the player character.

Is this actually true? I tested it day one and thought I observed that NPCs without fusion cores can't run at all in Power Armor - they can equip it but they're trapped at walking speed. They don't drain cores, however.

I may have gone overboard with the sidequests/exploration.I'm lvl67 and just started doing quests for railroad/trying to get to glowing sea and got people telling me "I expected someone better armed" while I'm standing there in full X-1,tier 6 power armor and a gatling laser.

Also,I noticed that the tried and true tradition of miniguns sucking is in this game as well.Maybe I started using minigun too late (lvl50ish?) but it was pretty much useless against anything tougher than raiders or ghouls.Is there a hidden "DT" stat in the game? It's capable of doing high dps but the individual bullets do very little damage and get negated by any decent armor.
The first time I actually used minigun properly,I had more than 5 or 6k bullets,5/5 big guns and the weapon itself was Ashmaker,unique minigun from a sidequest that causes 15 or 50 (cant rememeber) fire damage over time which isnt much but still better than vanilla dmg and I STILL ran out of bullets after clearing like 3 buildings with super mutants.

Gatling laser/Gauss rifle are cool tho,but the feeling of any danger is gone and I've been playing the past 55 levels or so in survival.Legendary Deathclaws die so fast and the few enemies that can kill me are the occasional dudes with fatmans.

So is the Dr. Penske thing bugged to turn in fertilizer??

I saved Austin and now she won't even acknowledge anything about turning in dirt. She just says thanks for saving Austin

Spyware

What are yours?
I can't remember any. Those two you listed are actually in the game. People just don't read the help menu or the hints ;P

Haunted

I may have gone overboard with the sidequests/exploration.I'm lvl67 and just started doing quests for railroad/trying to get to glowing sea and got people telling me "I expected someone better armed" while I'm standing there in full X-1,tier 6 power armor and a gatling laser.

Also,I noticed that the tried and true tradition of miniguns sucking is in this game as well.Maybe I started using minigun too late (lvl50ish?) but it was pretty much useless against anything tougher than raiders or ghouls.Is there a hidden "DT" stat in the game? It's capable of doing high dps but the individual bullets do very little damage and get negated by any decent armor.
The first time I actually used minigun properly,I had more than 5 or 6k bullets,5/5 big guns and the weapon itself was Ashmaker,unique minigun from a sidequest that causes 15 or 50 (cant rememeber) fire damage over time which isnt much but still better than vanilla dmg and I STILL ran out of bullets after clearing like 3 buildings with super mutants.

Gatling laser/Gauss rifle are cool tho,but the feeling of any danger is gone and I've been playing the past 55 levels or so in survival.Legendary Deathclaws die so fast and the few enemies that can kill me are the occasional dudes with fatmans.
The minigun is pretty OP for the first couple hours but quickly falls off in my experience.

And characters in quests expecting you to be at a certain level and doing their pre-canned shtick while ignoring your actual level and equipment is definitely another failing on Bethesda's part, not yours.

The Errant Signal video above has a fun bit about a quest NPC wearing plain clothes trying to strong-arm and threaten the player (fully equipped in power armour and a minigun) to hand over his inventory or something - it's an unintentionally hilarious conversation, as the NPC just gets obliterated in about 2 seconds flat once he aggroes.

Generally, the wasteland is full of suicidal idiot raiders. :lol What were like three bandits with 10mm pistols and road leathers thinking trying to attack two fucking walking tanks sporting highly advanced laser weapons.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I hate it when an interesting character ends up becoming a companion.

Oh, you had an interesting scenario and there was potential for cool quests and dialogue to show up? Too bad, your story is basically over now: welcome to companion-jail.

Like, they don't even bother justifying why Hancock would follow you. He's like "yeah, later town" and then the game just proceeds. Really breaks it all for me.

Every time I send a companion back to base they vanish. That really sucks. I've lost Dog Meat, the mutant, and when I tried sending codsworth back he vanished too.

NBtoaster

So is the Dr. Penske thing bugged to turn in fertilizer??

I saved Austin and now she won't even acknowledge anything about turning in dirt. She just says thanks for saving Austin

Yeah. This actually happens a lot, having a quest but then the situation changes which locks you out of their former dialogue.

I hate it when an interesting character ends up becoming a companion.

Oh, you had an interesting scenario and there was potential for cool quests and dialogue to show up? Too bad, your story is basically over now: welcome to companion-jail.

Like, they don't even bother justifying why Hancock would follow you. He's like "yeah, later town" and then the game just proceeds. Really breaks it all for me.

Some companions have quests that open up when they start to like you.

The minigun is pretty OP for the first couple hours but quickly falls off in my experience.

And characters in quests expecting you to be at a certain level and doing their pre-canned shtick while ignoring your actual level and equipment is definitely another failing on Bethesda's part, not yours.

Yeah,I just meant that I shouldn't have put off those quests for so long and was just funny thing to hear npc say in context like in your example.I cant remember if I ever saw a game actually acknowledge the fact you were too high level for a quest,too low yes but not the other way around.

Another thing is I plan to make a sneak/melee/luck build for my next playthrough,anyone knows if idiot savant perk makes up for all the xp "loss"? Though I still cant decide if I should go with 1 int for max chance or actually get it up to 4,I feel like I'd miss tons of stuff without hacking

Top Bottom