• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I hate it when an interesting character ends up becoming a companion.

Oh, you had an interesting scenario and there was potential for cool quests and dialogue to show up? Too bad, your story is basically over now: welcome to companion-jail.

Like, they don't even bother justifying why Hancock would follow you. He's like "yeah, later town" and then the game just proceeds. Really breaks it all for me.

Yeah, he's farming at the Red Rocket Truck Stop now. Doesn't really make sense. :lol

You should be able to send them to their home base, not yours. Piper's been living in Sanctuary for so long I think her sister doesn't even recognize her anymore.

Recall

So which video is doing the rounds to help explain how to power a building? I just want some light in my structures but it's not very well explained in game.

Yeah, he's farming at the Red Rocket Truck Stop now. Doesn't really make sense. :lol

You should be able to send them to their home base, not yours. Piper's been living in Sanctuary for so long I think her sister doesn't even recognize her anymore.

You can send em back to their home by pressing cancel on the screen where they ask which settlement you want em to go.
(or at least I think its cancel,I just press tab on pc which is pip boy button)

You can send em back to their home by pressing cancel on the screen where they ask which settlement you want em to go.

Interesting. Gonna try that later.

That was a pretty good video that really sums up the game and I quite agree with him. Enjoyed the game even though it could have done some things better.

It was a good video, but his points on the SPECIAL system are bullshit complaints. Yes, you can in theory become a god-like superhuman who can do anything and have 10 in each stat, but I made it to level 65 being a suave smooth-talker with experience in hacking computers, picking locks and shooting things with rifles. Give me a pistol or a heavy weapon and I'll fail horribly. Tell me to sneak? Shit, I can't do that. I dunno, that particular complaint just seems contrived and useless.

Having the main character be voiced is a much bigger detractor to the role-playing than the current SPECIAL system, imo.

So, I have a garden of crops, corn, tatos etc.
The people I've assigned to them, should the be depositing the stuff they harvest in my workshop?
Because they dont seem to at all. :/

Lanrutcon

New outfit time!

QMpcf7k.jpg

lj5hSIu.jpg

PhRScrQ.jpg

Gave Hancock an Incindiary Assault Rifle and now he's just destroying everything.

Oh my God, thank you.

This game is just so freaking horrible at explaining anything short of how to move and how to open VATS.
Yes,the only reason I actually know this because whenever I got a new weapon,I usually tried em out on Mama Murphy and co and for some reason,the companions didnt like it,so when the "where to send" window popped up,I just canceled it out since it was faster

GReeeeN

70 hours in and it seems all quests are complete and my world is pretty empty now

How are those with 100+ hours spending their time?, are you walking everywhere instead of fast travelling?, are you just walking around looking for new places?

I really really want to keep playing in this world, but there's nothing else to do

Onikaan

I'm really annoyed that I've been locked out of Classical Radio because of the ending I chose. (Why Bethesda?)

Well I want my radio station so im going back several hours.
About to go on a Brotherhood genocide on The Prydwen.
All In the name of Classical Music.

Total arse, Bethesda.

(at least I'll get Maxims' coat)

I've got a problem with one of my settlements (Minuteman questline spoilers),
The Castle.
The radio
tower for some reason is inactive with the Minuteman guy saying it needs power before he can use it again. The thing is, it does have power. There is a surplus of power in the settlement. Highlighting the radio tower says its good for power but its unmanned. Yet I can't select that Minuteman to assign him to it. It was working before, I think when I installed a bell and rung it, it glitched something. I've tried everything I can think to fix it and get Radio Freedom back on, but nothing's worked.

Well this has permanently screwed me over. I can't complete the quest Old Guns because of this.

N° 2048

I can't remember any. Those two you listed are actually in the game. People just don't read the help menu or the hints ;P

Amen. If people went to the Start>Help and read the pop up tips they would see that there's tons of things explained.

Bethesda said take your time and explore. Learn the game, this isn't an quick in and out game. I still don't know alot and question a lot too, like " if I do this will it affect this" but I just let it flow and go with it.

It's early and I'm grumpy. Sorry. I love this game so much. It's helped me so much with my depression. (Series as a whole)

The only thing that is sort of bumming me out so far (25 hours in) is that it feels like any time i get a cool looking piece of armor (such as the spiked helmet raider outfit) the stats are significantly worse than just wearing the vault jumpsuit and the crappy looking limb armor pieces.

Do you eventually get cool looking, powerful gear?

The only thing that is sort of bumming me out so far (25 hours in) is that it feels like any time i get a cool looking piece of armor (such as the spiked helmet raider outfit) the stats are significantly worse than just wearing the vault jumpsuit and the crappy looking limb armor pieces.

Isn't the Silver Shroud gear pretty good?

Spyware

So, I have a garden of crops, corn, tatos etc.
The people I've assigned to them, should the be depositing the stuff they harvest in my workshop?
Because they dont seem to at all. :/
They should deposit the extra. Every person consume 1 food and 1 water and the rest is deposited. The things in storage are also used to feed any linked settlement that doesn't have enough food/water of their own. So if you have more than that, it should be in there.

Amen. If people went to the Start>Help and read the pop up tips they would see that there's tons of things explained.

Bethesda said take your time and explore. Learn the game, this isn't an quick in and out game. I still don't know alot and question a lot too, like " if I do this will it affect this" but I just let it flow and go with it.

It's early and I'm grumpy. Sorry. I love this game so much. It's helped me so much with my depression. (Series as a whole)
Yeah I know the feeling. Depression can go suck it. Haven't had fun playing games this year. It's just been something I've done to keep me busy. Then this comes out and I'm just... in love. I'm having SO much fun. Can't remember the last time I felt this way.

Yes,the only reason I actually know this because whenever I got a new weapon,I usually tried em out on Mama Murphy and co and for some reason,the companions didnt like it,so when the "where to send" window popped up,I just canceled it out since it was faster

Doesn't work for me, Piper just stays in Sanctuary Hills.

kamspy

I've gone from being a vengeful father to a war profiteer. A ripened psychopath on the road to profit.

Where once stood Sanctuary is now my very own Ice Mountain. A cornucopia of Dasani. My water purifiers black out the sky and rows of pumps go as far as the eye can see. The same fate has befallen the Drive-In.

The Red Rocket gas station has grown into a Vegetable Starch plantation. My slaves work the fields day and night, growing my corn, tato and mutfruit crops. Sleeping quarters consist of a large wooden car port with a dozen tattered sleeping bags underneath.

Yes, my friends, I am the wasteland Romney. AMERICA WILL NOT FALL. PRAISE BE TO REAGAN!

I'll defend my riches with the Brotherhood of Steel. I'll bleed heart for The Railroad in public to earn social brownie points. All the while calling the shots behind the scenes with The Institute giving fuck-all about social issues or human purity. The only things I care about are caps.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Nose Master

I've played two and was underwhelmed. The Valentine quest was downright tedious :(

Spent all god damned night doing that one. Pretty unnecessarily long. I could have blown through and just grabbed the tapes and bounced, but I HAVE TO CONSUME EVERY AREA I WALK IN TO. :(

Does Strong have a quest? I got his perk, but that's it. He honestly grooves the most with my character, but I've been wanting to unlock more perks and stuff. Valentine is taking fucking forever. He's a cool guy, but man alive he is no Strong. All I wanna do is eat people, man. The fuck out of here with your judge-y eyes.

Stuck on Call to Arms with Paladin Danse. I get the password to the door, but then my character is stuck. I can pan the camera 45% to the right or left, but that's it.

Doesn't work for me, Piper just stays in Sanctuary Hills.

Damn,youre right,I actually just tried it out with diff companions.I thought maybe its tied to affinity,but Strong still goes back to a settlement I sent him to.Sorry,it looks like I havent actually tied em to a settlement when they went back home,for example I just started doing railroad stuff and deacon goes back to Railroad HQ whenever i dismiss him.

not really, sorry

Is there a reason why my character misses so damn much in VATS? I have 7 Perception and it seems like can't hit shit even with a 95% chance. Also I'm lvl 26 and only have the 1st perks for upgrading weapons and armor so in dying really damn fast. Is gun nut and science a must have? Also what about armorer?

Is there a reason why my character misses so damn much in VATS? I have 7 Perception and it seems like can't hit shit even with a 95% chance. Also I'm lvl 26 and only have the 1st perks for upgrading weapons and armor so in dying really damn fast. Is gun nut and science a must have? also what about armorer?

i brought this up earlier and this game has done this same thing in fallout 3 and fallout new vegas. people responded "omg its statistics and makes sense!!!" and I said " fuck your statistics, these percentages arent working out"

and yes all those perks are a must have if you wanna mod your weapons/armor as you cannot otherwise.

i brought this up earlier and this game has done this same thing in fallout 3 and fallout new vegas. people responded "omg its statistics and makes sense!!!" and I said " fuck your statistics, these percentages arent working out"

and yes all those perks are a must have if you wanna mod your weapons/armor as you cannot otherwise.
Yea something must be wrong because I shouldn't be missing something that's 10 feet in front of me when I have a scoped hunting rifle. I'm reading posts of people one shotting everything and I don't see how, my character misses like crazy. I guess I have to get those perks then. Is there a way to respec because I feel like I've fucked up my character.

v0mitg0d

So it looks like some NPC came into one of my places and stole some of my power armor when I dropped it off and went to do something that took no more than about 6 hours game time. What's strange is that it was at the Red Rocket and in the garage, the only other players there are Curie and Cait neither of them are wearing it. I guess it goes into the void once its stolen? Luckily I'm not too into them, but I had a few legendary pieces on it.

You have to remove that power core when you drop off armor.

More here:

https://youtu.be/Czky-2GNGnc?t=1m8s

Sarcasm

So one complaint that really turns me off is companions and perks.

I wish it would have been timed based instead of doing shit they like.

Mindman

I've gone from being a vengeful father to a war profiteer. A ripened psychopath on the road to profit.

Where once stood Sanctuary is now my very own Ice Mountain. A cornucopia of Dasani. My water purifiers black out the sky and rows of pumps go as far as the eye can see. The same fate has befallen the Drive-In.

The Red Rocket gas station has grown into a Vegetable Starch plantation. My slaves work the fields day and night, growing my corn, tato and mutfruit crops. Sleeping quarters consist of a large wooden car port with a dozen tattered sleeping bags underneath.

Yes, my friends, I am the wasteland Romney. AMERICA WILL NOT FALL. PRAISE BE TO REAGAN!

I'll defend my riches with the Brotherhood of Steel. I'll bleed heart for The Railroad in public to earn social brownie points. All the while calling the shots behind the scenes with The Institute giving fuck-all about social issues or human purity. The only things I care about are caps.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

And they said this game wasn't an RPG!

Mahonay

Banned
How do you even know you got a perk? I did 2 quests for McCready but I'm not sure if I got his perk.
You'll get a notification pop up telling you that you got the perk. Sometimes it takes awhile until the character likes you enough, or "idolizes" you.

How do you even know you got a perk? I did 2 quests for McCready but I'm not sure if I got his perk.
You'll actually notice it right away with Macready because it's bugged and breaks the game somewhat,
it gives you 20000% increase in headshot accuracy instead of 20% in VATS

abundant

So one complaint that really turns me off is companions and perks.

I wish it would have been timed based instead of doing shit they like.

I've gotten most of the perks and all I did was bring them along for the ride. Not once have I gone out of my way to do something they like.

abundant

Wait is that for real? I need to start bringing him with me permanently.

It's for real.
With that perk, no matter where you are, every headsot is at 95% chance of hitting.

And once you unlock a perk, it stays with you forever, no matter who you bring along with you.

Vintage

Do npcs forget crimes? I just tried to pickpocket a guy in Diamond city and suddenly (for some reason) everyone in the city wants to kill me. I killed a lot and ran away from the city, but cannot go back now. How can I fix my situation?

haikira

Have a random, non-story mission bugging out for me. It's called "Human Error".

There's an optional objective to
investigate an attacked caravan. I spent about fifteen minutes searching for clues, and eventually looked up a youtube video to see what I was missing. Turns out it was a can of soda on the ground, which is branded as "Deezer's".

The problem is,
I can't pick the damn thing up. Well, to be exact, I can actually lift it up, and set it down again, holding down the interact button, but I can't actually collect it, nor can I get the optional objective to complete. I've tried fast travelling away, then back again, as well as asking a human companion to pick it up for me. Neither of those worked.

Any tips or tricks? I'd be very grateful.

hydruxo

Do npcs forget crimes? I just tried to pickpocket a guy in Diamond city and suddenly (for some reason) everyone in the city wants to kill me. I killed a lot and ran away from the city, but cannot go back now. How can I fix my situation?

From what I've heard if you wait for 48+ hours they'll go back to normal. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

I just can't seem to get the companion perks for
Danse and Hancock
I used them for so lang time now but I can't seem to get them. It was way easier for
Nick, Piper and Codsworth
I'll try
McCready
now. Seems to be working better.

Xeteh

I just can't seem to get the companion perks for
Danse and Hancock
I used them for so lang time now but I can't seem to get them. It was way easier for
Nick, Piper and Codsworth
I'll try
McCready
now. Seems to be working better.

You have to progress a good bit into Brotherhood's story to max out Danse's affection as it is tied to a story quest.

Top Bottom