• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Spent all god damned night doing that one. Pretty unnecessarily long. I could have blown through and just grabbed the tapes and bounced, but I HAVE TO CONSUME EVERY AREA I WALK IN TO. :(

Does Strong have a quest? I got his perk, but that's it. He honestly grooves the most with my character, but I've been wanting to unlock more perks and stuff. Valentine is taking fucking forever. He's a cool guy, but man alive he is no Strong. All I wanna do is eat people, man. The fuck out of here with your judge-y eyes.

Where do I find this strong? Let's just say Valentine and Hancock don't approve of my... Lifestyle.

knitoe

Ah I see. Good to know

Same with McCready. I wasted almost half of the game before realizing you need to do their quest. The game kept on saying "McCready likes it," but asking about our relationship didn't improve. This game really needs a companion affinity bar showing progress or lack of.

Same with McCready. I wasted almost half of the game before realizing you need to do their quest. The game kept on saying "McCready likes it," but asking about our relationship didn't improve. This game really needs a companion affinity bar showing progress or lack of.

Definitely. And there should have been a companion section in the pip-boy. There needs to be a way to look up where your companions are right now. I have no idea where Preston is right now. I did the quest capturing the fort and can't find him after that.

Definitely. And there should have been a companion section in the pip-boy. There needs to be a way to look up where your companions are right now. I have no idea where Preston is right now. I did the quest capturing the fort and can't find him after that.

He went back to Sanctuary after that for me. He's currently breaking his back farming for me.

He went back to Sanctuary after that for me. He's currently breaking his back farming for me.

Ah I should look there. I'll get him to my Red Rocket Station then. Then all my companions will be there.

It's kind of funny. Everytime I go to my workbench they all start talking at the same time.
And If Raiders or Supermutants are near shit is going down haha

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How do you even know you got a perk? I did 2 quests for McCready but I'm not sure if I got his perk.

When you get a companion perk the game takes over your screen like when you pick up a legendary item and says "Hey, [companion] is your bro, here have this perk."

You will 100% not be able to miss getting a perk.

On Demand

Banned
Found 3 synths standing over a couple of scavenger bodies under a bridge. Ran in terror but was able to kill them. These institute laser pistols look crazy.

Seriously?

I would have liked not to know this. Really have to try and stay out this thread.

The loading screen spoiled the game for me too. I didn't even know there were synths in the game. Imagine if i found them like i did above not knowing they existed? Man.

Alpende

When you get a companion perk the game takes over your screen like when you pick up a legendary item and says "Hey, [companion] is your bro, here have this perk."

You will 100% not be able to miss getting a perk.

Cool. Haven't received one then yet.

Stat!

I'm debating on going for a platinum (but not necessarily playing in the way I enjoy most) or just going about how I normally would in the game.

Anyone know where I have to make the right saves depending on which way I go?

knitoe

How do you hack terminals? It is probably something simple but I don't understand what words I should be selecting.

When you select a word, it tells you how many letters are correct in the space. By selecting other words, you can narrow down which letter(s) it is or isn't. So in later guesses, pick words that have the correct letter(s) in the right places. And, I just save and reload before trying to hack.

whats the best way to recreate the Wasteland Legend armor from Fallout 3 in part 4? or a generic Mad Max style look? I understand that you use road leathers as your base clothing, but then what are the actual pieces? also, the missing right sleeve is no big deal, more armor the better I say. I'm kinda just overwhelmed with all the different pieces available, like raider left sleeve, boiled leather chest, metal reinforced right leg...ugh. Any help or suggestions are welcome guys, I just want to mop up the wasteland whilst looking good.

When you select a word, it tells you how many letters are correct in the space. By selecting other words, you can narrow down which letter(s) it is or isn't. So in later guesses, pick words that have the correct letter(s) in the right places. Personally, I just save and reload before trying to hack.
Save and Reload? That sounds like it takes a long time. I always try it until the last try and then just leave the terminal and start again. If I'm not in the mood I just try randomly. This works even better with
Nick's Perk

How do I build the Bobblehead Stand? I don't think I can build it

knitoe

Save and Reload? That sounds like it takes a long time. I always try it until the last try and then just leave the terminal and start again. If I'm not in the mood I just try randomly. This works even better with
Nick's Perk

How do I build the Bobblehead Stand? I don't think I can build it

You don't need to save / reload with Nick's perk. I do it because I don't have that and it's faster than waiter for the terminal to reset.

You don't need to save / reload with Nick's perk. I do it because I don't have that and it's faster than waiter for the terminal to reset.

Well I don't know about loading times on PC. On Consoles that would not work, you would need forever to do it like that.

Is there a way to respec? I feel like I fucked my character up I'm lvl 26 and just got gun nut rank 2 lol. I only have science 1 and I don't even think I have armorer yet or master lock picking smh.

Watevaman

Is there a way to respec? I feel like I fucked my character up I'm lvl 26 and just got gun nut rank 2 lol. I only have science 1 and I don't even think I have armorer yet or master lock picking smh.

I didn't start getting those perks until around that level as well, you'll be fine as long as not too many other perks are needed for you.

Cronee

Just exit the terminal before your last guess is used, reenter the terminal and everything is reset. Much quicker than saving and reloading.

So I just returned to Sanctuary to find all my food gone/destroyed, all my water gone/destroyed, and all my dozens of generators destroyed. I wasn't notified of any attacks.

I'm so sad right now.

sam777

When you select a word, it tells you how many letters are correct in the space. By selecting other words, you can narrow down which letter(s) it is or isn't. So in later guesses, pick words that have the correct letter(s) in the right places. And, I just save and reload before trying to hack.

Beyond what was explained on selecting words, if you selected an enclosed <> [ ] or { } it removes a word or resets your try

Thanks.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So I just returned to Sanctuary to find all my food gone/destroyed, all my water gone/destroyed, and all my dozens of generators destroyed. I wasn't notified of any attacks.

I'm so sad right now.

I've rolled up on my settlements being attacked with no warning as well. Spent hours last night building walls and outfitting many main bases.

Found 3 synths standing over a couple of scavenger bodies under a bridge. Ran in terror but was able to kill them. These institute laser pistols look crazy.

I would have liked not to know this. Really have to try and stay out this thread.

The loading screen spoiled the game for me too. I didn't even know there were synths in the game. Imagine if i found them like i did above not knowing they existed? Man.
I was gonna say if that bothers you then you really wanna stay out of this thread. He could have spoilered it so it could still be a cool little surprise for some but like you learn this information about what they do and who they are like first thing early early on in the main quest.

I understand some folks like to not do the quest whatsoever but come on man, you're in a thread for a major game in a very popular forum. Not everyone plays like you.

Really? He's chilling in my settlement. Quest won't finish because I won't
sell him to the hotel, but he is there offering jokes and beer.

I sent him back to the hotel but he never arrived there. The map says he's in the middle of Boston but if I go there he's not there. The radar instead sends me to Goodneighbour. But once I enter Goodneighbour the radar sends me back out of Goodneighbour and so forth. Definitely seems buggy

Should I join one faction, feels kind of silly helping all these factions, no?

Also anyones Cryolator is bugged, mine is all static white in menu and when using.

R0ckman

New outfit time!

QMpcf7k.jpg

lj5hSIu.jpg

PhRScrQ.jpg

Gave Hancock an Incindiary Assault Rifle and now he's just destroying everything.

What is this outfit on the survivor?

I'm starting the game tonight. I have played Fallout 3 before but only hours or so. What difficulty should I start on? I play most games on hard but I don't know where I should go super hard or survival.

Maybesew

Late game quest question

I jsut finished the game yesterday with the brotherhood ending, and it was pretty easy. I re-loaded a save to do the institute ending, and am now on the quest to take over the airport. The game crashed on me during my 3rd attempt, but this seems really hard. There are so many dudes to kill, and I am mostly a pistol guy so the long distance doesn't help. Am I doing the mission wrong? It feels like I should be able to fight less than all of these guys at once.

Spyware

I'm starting the game tonight. I have played Fallout 3 before but only hours or so. What difficulty should I start on? I play most games on hard but I don't know where I should go super hard or survival.
I think that mostly depends on if you want Stimpaks to be useless or not. On Survival they heal extremely slow.
I've played 160 hours of (mostly early game) Survival and never used a single Stimpak. I sleep instead. I could use them between encounters but it has become sort of a thing now. I rather go look for a bed between encounters and keep my stats saying 0 Stimpaks :D

equil

Late game quest question

I jsut finished the game yesterday with the brotherhood ending, and it was pretty easy. I re-loaded a save to do the institute ending, and am now on the quest to take over the airport. The game crashed on me during my 3rd attempt, but this seems really hard. There are so many dudes to kill, and I am mostly a pistol guy so the long distance doesn't help. Am I doing the mission wrong? It feels like I should be able to fight less than all of these guys at once.

I flanked around the side and came in through the back, was still kind of difficult but not as bad as the front. I tried that as well, ive never seen so many lasers coming at me before lol.

jacobeid

Banned
Hey guys, I'm level 21, about 21 hours into the game and I'm on the main quest mission The G
lowing Sea
. I figured that I'd take a break from the main quest to do the faction quests.

I looked at a mission list and it seems like the last two for each faction are
the nuclear option and then the outcome missions
, so I assume there will be a point in which I can't take any more faction quests without siding with one. I'm planning to play as far as I can through each faction quest before moving back to the main quest. I'll create a save at the dividing point so I can go back and play the endings for each faction. Is this good or does anyone have recommendations?

Maybesew

Hey guys, I'm level 21, about 21 hours into the game and I'm on the main quest mission The G
lowing Sea

, so I assume there will be a point in which I can't take any more faction quests without siding with one. I'm planning to play as far as I can through each faction quest before moving back to the main quest. I'll create a save at the dividing point so I can go back and play the endings for each faction. Is this good or does anyone have recommendations?

That works well. You aren't quite there yet tho.

So, I send Dogmeat away while doing some quest and now I have no idea where he went. Is there a way to locate your followers?

if he's not at the settlement you sent him to, check the gas station where you first found him (works for other companions, too - they will sometimes respawn where you found them). also, it's a good idea to actually go to the settlement you're gonna send a companion to, & then release the companion once you're there...

R0ckman

Should I join one faction, feels kind of silly helping all these factions, no?

Also anyones Cryolator is bugged, mine is all static white in menu and when using.

*Sigh* I wish there was some kind of fool proof thing for bugs in this game, like a shop guy who could resell you the crap that bugs out or vanishes from the game.

Watevaman

So, um, Nick has decided to pick up every damn weapon he comes across and he's ruining his usefulness as a pack mule. Can I somehow drop the stuff directly from his inventory or do I have to transfer it and then drop it?

Also, how can I get him to wear different armor/clothes? Does it have to be better or will he just ignore it?

CloudWolf

lowing Sea

The dividing point for the factions comes almost at the end of the game,
for two factions it's even the very last mission
. Depending on how fast you're going, you'll be fine for the next five to eight hours or something.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why does the Brotherhood side quests to clear the commonwealth send me to places that other quests had me clear already? I keep clearing the same places over and over, great quest design.

Also, some of the side quest lines seem to never end, do they? So far, besides the main quests, the quest lines are mostly "go here, kill everything" - is that it? I kind of like placing the sensor quests, but even they are just "go here, kill everything, place item".

I want more variety, what is a good quest line to start? Right now I'm doing a mix of settlements, Brotherhood and Rail quests. I think I am near the end of the main quest so I stopped for now.

CloudWolf

Why does the Brotherhood side quests to clear the commonwealth send me to places that other quests had me clear already? I keep clearing the same places over and over, great quest design.

I got one better on those Radiant Quests. So, there's this guy in the Brotherhood that wants you to get crops from farms. So he sends me to a farm, I come back, get my caps and XP and he gives me the second 'get crops' quest... to the exact same farm as in the first.

Top Bottom