• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Trying so hard to get Deacon's perk before I alienate him for my final achievement and he won't be my friiiiiiiiiiiend! Deacon PLEASE!

Xeteh

I can't seem to finish one of these radiant Railroad quests. I have to go in to a building and kill 3 Protectrons, two were patrolling around and the 3rd is inside one of those pods the inactive ones are usually in... except I can't kill it and I can't find the terminal to activate it.

R0ckman

What good is the legendary bat that knocks enemies away? I was fighting a deathclaw with Cait and a bunch of protectrons and it triggered but just knocked him far with a home run sound effect and cheering. I thought it would basically KO him, guess not.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Near 4 days of playtime and I finally actually finished the story.

I actually think I've done most of the quests in the game. Quest log seems to basically be all repeatable stuff now.

bobawesome

What good is the legendary bat that knocks enemies away? I was fighting a deathclaw with Cait and a bunch of protectrons and it triggered but just knocked him far with a home run sound effect and cheering. I thought it would basically KO him, guess not.

It can be amusing to see. That's about it, I guess.

Trying so hard to get Deacon's perk before I alienate him for my final achievement and he won't be my friiiiiiiiiiiend! Deacon PLEASE!

With him, always save and reload before every lockpick since you can easily run into a situation where you encounter 3 or so door/safe/containers in a short time span. Since there is a cooldown for every affinity action, you don't want to waste any of those chances and a load erases it.

Xeteh

Does a companion need to be with you to make use of their perk? Playing a stealthy build right now and I don't want to have to deal with the awful AI so I'm just going at it alone.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Does a companion need to be with you to make use of their perk? Playing a stealthy build right now and I don't want to have to deal with the awful AI so I'm just going at it alone.
The companion needs to be with you to take advantage of the perk. Don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

bobawesome

The companion needs to be with you to take advantage of the perk. Don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

No, they don't. Nick has been at Red Rocket since I got his perk 80 or so hours ago. I've been able to take advantage of the perk ever since.

So turns out one of the magazines is missable and I had no clue, I don't exactly need it but I did want it for completion purposes, oh well.

Missables are the worst. I'll lose my mind if one of the bobbleheads is missable.

Welp, i think im just about done with the vanilla fallout 4. Got over 200 hours in.

Now for the second playthrough, its going to be packed full of mods.
9DO8rd5.jpg

Time for the REAL fun to begin.

Wish me luck, hope my shit dont crash and burn, lol.

Onikaan

Did you blow up *END GAME*
The Institute
? Because if you did, that was the source of that signal.

You have got to me kidding me...

Seriously?

I don't even know say. Now I have to go back through hours of play to get an outcome I don't want so I can listen to my favourite freaking radio station.

You f'd up, Bethesda.

You have got to me kidding me...

Seriously?

I don't even know say. Now I have to go back through hours of play to get an outcome I don't want so I can listen to my favourite freaking radio station.

You f'd up, Bethesda.
Yeah, it sucks since I love the classical station. As soon as you trigger the explosion a little message in the top left corner says the Classical Radio signal has been lost.

Wish there was a way to get it back. Have me build a station or complete some quest to get it back on the air. Anything.

Patchy

Banned
Guys, is there any way to just generate the materials needed to build a settlement?

Perhaps via a mod or console command...

As a father I do not have time to grind and salvage parts, I just want to build.

PC player here.

I've got a problem with one of my settlements (Minuteman questline spoilers),
The Castle.
The radio
tower for some reason is inactive with the Minuteman guy saying it needs power before he can use it again. The thing is, it does have power. There is a surplus of power in the settlement. Highlighting the radio tower says its good for power but its unmanned. Yet I can't select that Minuteman to assign him to it. It was working before, I think when I installed a bell and rung it, it glitched something. I've tried everything I can think to fix it and get Radio Freedom back on, but nothing's worked.

It doesn't pay to try and help people. :) I see some caravan guards getting attacked by Forged, so I jump in to help them. Maaaaaybe I hit a car with some laser fire, and maaaaybe it blew up, injuring a guard, but does he really need to stop (mid-fight with a Forged in a battle to the death) and start going nuts on me? Why can't we just wait until the battle is over, then settle it with a robust game of gwent?

Guys, is there any way to just generate the materials needed to build a settlement?

Perhaps via a mod or console command...

As a father I do not have time to grind and salvage parts, I just want to build.

PC player here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/68/?

I uninstalled this after 100 hours to focus on some other games and here I am a 5 days later re-downloading, I have an itch to start a melee build that no amount of New Vegas can scratch.

KevinG

Can we talk about The Big Dig being completely broken. Every save I've reverted back to, something goes wrong every time.

KorrZ

Can we talk about The Big Dig being completely broken. Every save I've reverted back to, something goes wrong every time.

The robot got stuck like 3 times for me, had to reload each time to finally get through. It was pretty annoying.

GavinUK86

I just finished that quest on PC. Worked fine for me, mostly. Had one bug where you have to kill the three mirelurks and one didn't spawn but it showed up eventually. At what part does it screw up for you?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, there really is way too much combat in this game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shooter. I'm not sure what you expected.

I guess I was hoping for a bit more non-combat stuff to do. Seems like it's really low even compared to even Fallout 3, but it's been a long time since I played that. Seems like everything you do leads to combat.

I just checked the stats and I've killed something like 3,000 enemies in 43 hours. More than one a minute if averaged. It wouldn't be so bad if the combat represented any kind of challenge beyond the first 5 hours or so. It's just dead simple ever since I got enough Fusion Cores to never stop using power armor. Nevermind the almost limitless amount of Stimpacks you are provided just for exploring.

Still having a good time wandering the crafted environments, but I think I'm ready for it to be over soon.

Killzig

At the last wall you won't be able to just fob it and have the eyebot come blast it. You have to go talk to the npc to get it to progress. It's the only wall that you have to do this for. The quest outcomes do seem bugged though.

Patchy

Banned
It doesn't pay to try and help people. :) I see some caravan guards getting attacked by Forged, so I jump in to help them. Maaaaaybe I hit a car with some laser fire, and maaaaybe it blew up, injuring a guard, but does he really need to stop (mid-fight with a Forged in a battle to the death) and start going nuts on me? Why can't we just wait until the battle is over, then settle it with a robust game of gwent?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/68/?

Thanks!

I installed this, and also the Carry Weight Modification mod.

Carryweight set a 99999 and Strength at 200.

Can't run at all.

What have I done? =/

So there's like a huge battle at this one place between all the factions. I'm cool on all 3 sides for now so I'm just watching them die and loot all their stuff.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but does anyone else have an annoying bug when swapping weapons using the dpad? Most of the time the weapon doesn't equip, sometimes it does but it's invisible and every other time it takes ages to actually equip. It's bloody annoying that something so simple is gimped. Oh, and this is on the PC version.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So there's like a huge battle at this one place between all the factions. I'm cool on all 3 sides for now so I'm just watching them die and loot all their stuff.

You can actively participate and it won't really have any lasting effect on your standing with the factions. I shot them all for more exp.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but does anyone else have an annoying bug when swapping weapons using the dpad? Most of the time the weapon doesn't equip, sometimes it does but it's invisible and every other time it takes ages to actually equip. It's bloody annoying that something so simple is gimped. Oh, and this is on the PC version.
No, I have this too. I think it's common actually. Interesting if it's pad users on PC and not K/M users.

R0ckman

My Cait is bugged the hell out, she is stuck at low health, not sure how to fix it, she keeps dropping to the floor but I can't revive her. Maybe I need to take her out into a battle?

I sure hope
Curie
appears magically at some point again because she's completely disappeared from my game.

Apparently this is a pretty common issue.

Vex_

Banned
No, I have this too. I think it's common actually. Interesting if it's pad users on PC and not K/M users.

I play with pad. It does not happen often for me. Maybe like once every 30 hours or so. Maybe 25 hours.

Ds4 here hiding ds4 in options. I remember getting double inputs when I wasn't masking my ds4. So I just straight up emulated the xbawks GAMEPAD.

All right. Beat 3/4 endings. Don't really feel like doing the last since it didn't activate for some reason. Whatever. Game was great. Don't know if I'll mess around with settlements too much I think I've played more than I ever needed.

Finished at level 52 in all runs and the knowledge that sneak melee is broken.

I play with pad. It does not happen often for me. Maybe like once every 30 hours or so. Maybe 25 hours.

Ds4 here hiding ds4 in options. I remember getting double inputs when I wasn't masking my ds4. So I just straight up emulated the xbawks GAMEPAD.
Well, the slow switching happens all the time. The invisible weapon not so much (and I fix it by going into third person). I use a wireless Xbox 360 pad.

RedStep

The Deliverer is so good it should be illegal.

Before the bombs fell, it probably was.

The Deliverer (and any gun really, but mostly that one) with MacCready's bugged Perk makes the game pure easy mode. Insta-kill headshots from a mile away with a pistol, even on Very Hard.

Top Bottom