• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I get a delay when selecting weapons and have an invisible weapon here and there on KB/M. It will be slow when first selecting them in an area, then it will be quick after that.

It's also kinda stupid that switching between two weapons is faster than reloading (with faster reload perk). Really noticeable with revolvers. I don't use it (since it's stupid), but they shouldn't reload weapons when switching.

SZips

On a scale of one to "super bugged, put in the console command ASAP," how screwed am I for getting the
ballistic weave
upgrade perk from the
Railroad
?

Right now in the main story I just got done
constructing the teleporter thing at Mercer Safehouse with the help of the Railroad.
I thought that perk was supposed to unlock for me a while back in their chain of missions?

Replicant

Fucking Fuckers!

One of those plebians, ingrate peasants stole one of my Power Armors. Okay, so I was stupid to leave it laying around with the fusion core in it. But I didn't think someone will just take it while I put it inside my home. I'd bet it's Marcy Long or that old seller broad, Trashcan Carla. God damn it!.

It's a good thing there's a nearby save where it's intact. I'm taking my fusion core from here on forward!

R0ckman

On a scale of one to "super bugged, put in the console command ASAP," how screwed am I for getting the
ballistic weave
upgrade perk from the
Railroad
?

Right now in the main story I just got done
constructing the teleporter thing at Mercer Safehouse with the help of the Railroad.
I thought that perk was supposed to unlock for me a while back in their chain of missions?

It's a mission chain from PAM the robot, it pisses me off when guides are not specific, very lazy and make things worse in some cases. I understand the frustration.

SZips

It's a mission chain from PAM the robot, it pisses me off when guides are not specific, very lazy and make things worse in some cases. I understand the frustration.

Interesting. I think I'm in the middle of a quest for them right now. I cannot complete it until after this story mission though because the NPCs I need to turn the quests into are "locked" into this story mission for their dialogue.

The guide for this game is outright a joke compared to the Witcher 3 guide.

They didn't tell you locations of cool stuff, the map was confusing and didn't have major locations as eye catching, and outside of listing which armor types there are and which ones I could upgrade with ballistic weave it saw little use.

I sure hope
Curie
appears magically at some point again because she's completely disappeared from my game.

Apparently this is a pretty common issue.

Same thing was happening to me, but I didn't want to lose her so I followed her for a bit and she was screaming something about going off to study species, but she just kept running.

So I figured out a stupid but effective way of getting your companion to stay, but only works if you're switching at a settlement. Just command them to stay, build 4 walls around them and then switch to a new companion, tell them to stay at the settlement you are currently at and they'll be forced stay there. Just tried it with Curie, went out with dogmeat for an hour, came back and she was still in there.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finished all the achievements and no more active quests aside from radiant nonsense, so I'm officially done with FO4. I stalled as long as I could. Collected everything. Spent over a hundred hours on the game and it still ended before I wanted it to.

Was thinking about jumping right back in with a new character, but having just done everything I could find and it being so fresh in my head I kind of don't want to. When I do eventually replay this game tho, I'm 100% definitely going to have to commit to no power armor because it actually breaks the game and makes it way way too easy. I don't know how I would have even survived that final
Institute
mission without it.

The 4 year wait for the next Elder Scrolls game begins now. Ugh.

Sarcasm

Why do my settlers stay in the middle of the settlement doing nothing?

Also why do I have a ton of corn and mutifruit but no tato =(

Finished all the achievements and no more active quests aside from radiant nonsense, so I'm officially done with FO4. I stalled as long as I could. Collected everything. Spent over a hundred hours on the game and it still ended before I wanted it to.

Was thinking about jumping right back in with a new character, but having just done everything I could find and it being so fresh in my head I kind of don't want to. When I do eventually replay this game tho, I'm 100% definitely going to have to commit to no power armor because it actually breaks the game and makes it way way too easy. I don't know how I would have even survived that final
Institute
mission without it.

The 4 year wait for the next Elder Scrolls game begins now. Ugh.

it's very easy if you have like 300 stimpacks.

bobawesome

I wish there was a better way to tell which places I've actually explored and which I've just passed by... With 310 icons on my map it's more than a little crowded.
Just saw the
alien ship crash
! Exciting!

Interesting.
I didn't know you could actually see it crash. In fact, I had no idea it even crashed until I followed the sounds from the radio and saw flames in the distance.

Sarcasm

Interesting.
I didn't know you could actually see it crash. In fact, I had no idea it even crashed until I followed the sounds from the radio and saw flames in the distance.

Yeah
it flies overhead and you can see where it goes. I don't know where else you can see it but I heard it at San. Reloaded and went to red rocket and saw it fly overhead. If your companion is capable of speech they "go you saw that too?" My fast travel point was indoor in san, that is why I reloaded and went to red rocket.

bobawesome

Why the fuck are characters that have no importance immortal.

No idea but it would certainly make things easier for me. I wish I could just kill Cabot and end this bugged miscellaneous quest that will likely never be fixed.

Yeah
it flies overhead and you can see where it goes. I don't know where else you can see it but I heard it at San. Reloaded and went to red rocket and saw it fly overhead. If your companion is capable of speech they "go you saw that too?" My fast travel point was indoor in san, that is why I reloaded and went to red rocket.

Whaa-? That's so cool. I travel solo so I completely missed that dialogue. I'll be sure to look out for this with my new character.

psylah

Buildin' big.

NbdzjmH.jpg

I'm 100% definitely going to have to commit to no power armor because it actually breaks the game and makes it way way too easy. I don't know how I would have even survived that final
Institute
mission without it.

About an hour of sniping.

Sucks that the place got blown to bits before I could collect all of the unique loot, thank Todd for console commands.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well, finished at 45 hours play time and level 45. I don't know if I'll go back to do anything else.

I'm not sure what to think about this game. I enjoyed exploring the environments, but I walk away from it with very few memorable experiences, I think. Mostly just a blur of samey combat scenarios--none of which were all that good.

Story-wise, I feel like they completely squandered their premise. No idea why they went with the voiced protagonist who was alive before the war. I don't feel like it was put to good use in the slightest.

I still don't know what all of that building stuff was for. I dabbled in it for two hours or so, but it felt like a complete side project that was bolted onto the game. The systems aren't deep enough for it to be very interesting, and it's not like combat encounters are challenging at all after a few hours into the game, so defending my settlements was never satisfying.

Oh well. It kept me playing for 45 hours, so there's that. I really hope Bethesda makes some dramatic changes to this formula for whatever they do next.

I'll agree. The protagonist being voiced added NOTHING to the experience besides a few funny VA lines when you were being sarcastic, and they would have been just as funny as just text.

So yeah. Why Bethesda?

shanafan

Yeah, I'm about ready to give up. I am 60% radiation and I made it all the way to Diamond City because I read there is a doctor here. Well, been exploring and haven't found the doctor nor any other way to dispel my 60% radiation. I don't have any Radaway.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'll agree. The protagonist being voiced added NOTHING to the experience besides a few funny VA lines when you were being sarcastic, and they would have been just as funny as just text.

So yeah. Why Bethesda?

Hopefully they don't go down that route for Elder Scrolls.

Experiment went wrong Bethesda.

The doctor is inside the chapel?

No. I probably explained it poorly. He is in a stall like the rest of the vendors in Diamond City, you shouldn't have to enter a building to talk to him. Fast travel to the diamond city market marker take a few steps and turn right. He's wearing a white lab coat.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm about ready to give up. I am 60% radiation and I made it all the way to Diamond City because I read there is a doctor here. Well, been exploring and haven't found the doctor nor any other way to dispel my 60% radiation. I don't have any Radaway.

Surely you can buy some from a vendor or find some in a drawer somewhere.

So yeah. Why Bethesda?

It's really an odd move. I feel like Bethesda is trying to catch up to Bioware in terms of narrative as Bioware attempts to catch up to Bethesda in terms of freedom and exploration. It's all made even more complicated by CDProjekt arguably setting a new gold standard that they both suffer negative comparisons to.

I like the VAs, but as I try to create more unusual characters it really does get in the way.

shanafan

No. I probably explained it poorly. He is in a stall like the rest of the vendors in Diamond City, you shouldn't have to enter a building to talk to him. Fast travel to the diamond city market marker take a few steps and turn right. He's wearing a white lab coat.

Thanks for the fast travel tip. I was in Diamond City Market, but just guards were around. I did a fast travel back to Diamond City Market and the NPCs appeared.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So i found a power armor in a camp where i killed a bunch of raiders and its registering as stolen. Is it going to stay that way forever or can i do something to get rid of the red letters?

Sagroth

Finally decided to go with a faction and beat the game(Brotherhood). Now debating whether or not to bother going for the platinum trophy. Either way, my time is winding down with this game. Overall, despite the mechanical improvements, I didn't like this as much as either 3 or NV. Will still likely end up as my GOTY, and I'll be happy to jump aboard whatever DLC they release.

Hastati

Having started out the first 15 hours or so on normal before switching to survival, I think that survival makes this game a lot better. It isn't perfect by any means (ACID WHYYYYY), but it adds a lot of tension and the large increase in legendaries adds interest to the combat.

I really want something like Diablo III's adventure mode as a new game plus for Fallout 4 where you are part of a roving band allied with one of the factions fighting legendaries, unlocking companion quest stories and bolstering the settlements of the commonwealth into an actual commonwealth (taking it a step farther than any of the current customization or annoying fend off the raiders quests).

R0ckman

So it looks like some NPC came into one of my places and stole some of my power armor when I dropped it off and went to do something that took no more than about 6 hours game time. What's strange is that it was at the Red Rocket and in the garage, the only other players there are Curie and Cait neither of them are wearing it. I guess it goes into the void once its stolen? Luckily I'm not too into them, but I had a few legendary pieces on it.

So it looks like some NPC came into one of my places and stole some of my power armor when I dropped it off and went to do something that took no more than about 6 hours game time. What's strange is that it was at the Red Rocket and in the garage, the only other players there are Curie and Cait neither of them are wearing it. I guess it goes into the void once its stolen? Luckily I'm not too into them, but I had a few legendary pieces on it.

Happened to me once.

Go check every single NPC in your camp. For some stupid reason they might have taken off the armor parts and kept them in their inventory.

Is Deacon there? Check that fucker first

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
the worst design feature in this game has to be the fact that NPCs can walk away from you during conversations. It's gotten worse for me the longer I've played, and now I have to chase does anyone multiple times just to finish a conversation.

Also, if I don't assign someone to beds in a settlement, does that mean they can't be used?

Top Bottom