• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I'm considering getting this, but can I remap the button layout to my liking? I think jumping with triangle would be weird for me, especially since X is used in so many other games I have.

You can re-map the button layout of any game on PS4. It's in the 'Accessibility' part of the settings menu.

roytheone

So, ehm, I think dogmeat is glitched for me. He seems to always be running to some far away spot or something, and if I teleport him back to me with console commands, he will just take of again within seconds :(

R0ckman

How do I get to Maxon after seeing the airship and listening to the signal? Need that coat, don't care about the BoS quests.

adamy

Banned
So, ehm, I think dogmeat is glitched for me. He seems to always be running to some far away spot or something, and if I teleport him back to me with console commands, he will just take of again within seconds :(

try teleporting him back to you in a small room so he cant take off, that worked for me. then talk to him ASAP and ask him to follow you.

anyone know where to find some decent gear for dogmeat?

all i got is a collar right now. i want a bandanna.

just take any bandana from one of the many raiders/enemies that wear one and make him wear it.

There's no specific "dog bandana"

you can even give him the welding goggles and the teddy bears.

Matush

So is there any way to complete The Lost Patrol quest after
Danse is my companion?
I can't seem to complete it.

Also Killshot perk has to be glitched, I'm getting constant 95 chance in VATS.

bati

Also Killshot perk has to be glitched, I'm getting constant 95 chance in VATS.

It is, it adds something like 20000%. I guess one of the devs forgot a decimal point somewhere. If you're on PC there's a bugfix mod available at Nexus.

True, but once you get powerful enough, those things aren't as rewarding. They were cool to me at first because they usually sent me to places i had never been, but many hours in the been there done that is so real.

I feel like they have enough space in this game to keep people occupied with missions that have some kind of story conclusion. You finished getting crops from all these farms? Well you get a much bigger reward now and some kind of thank you message or faction rep from the quest giver. Also I feel like the random location missions are now sorta ruining the other faction quests in the game for me, instead of taking my time and enjoying all the quests, I now have to figure out what is busy work and what is a real quest that continues their story.

Gator86

I've gone from being a vengeful father to a war profiteer. A ripened psychopath on the road to profit.

Where once stood Sanctuary is now my very own Ice Mountain. A cornucopia of Dasani. My water purifiers black out the sky and rows of pumps go as far as the eye can see. The same fate has befallen the Drive-In.

The Red Rocket gas station has grown into a Vegetable Starch plantation. My slaves work the fields day and night, growing my corn, tato and mutfruit crops. Sleeping quarters consist of a large wooden car port with a dozen tattered sleeping bags underneath.

Yes, my friends, I am the wasteland Romney. AMERICA WILL NOT FALL. PRAISE BE TO REAGAN!

I'll defend my riches with the Brotherhood of Steel. I'll bleed heart for The Railroad in public to earn social brownie points. All the while calling the shots behind the scenes with The Institute giving fuck-all about social issues or human purity. The only things I care about are caps.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Fantastic post

adamy

Banned
i don't like companions but i want mcready's perk

approximately how long do i have to have him in my party before he likes me enough to give me it?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Fantastic post

That's for quoting it, Wasteland Romney is fucking classic. I consider my language skills to be above average, but I wish I could write that creatively.

Matush

i don't like companions but i want mcready's perk

approximately how long do i have to have him in my party before he likes me enough to give me it?
You need to complete his loooooooong personal quest first, it took me couple of hours to get him to idolize me.

Pro tip, he doesnt mind stealing, so if you can, steal from Diamond City, Goodneighbor every now and then.

adamy

Banned
You need to complete his loooooooong personal quest first, it took me couple of hours to get him to idolize me.

Pro tip, he doesnt mind stealing, so if you can, steal from Diamond City, Goodneighbor every now and then.

how do i trigger his personal quest? just hire him as a merc or do i need to do anything else?

Matush

how do i trigger his personal quest? just hire him as a merc or do i need to do anything else?
Same as every other personal quest, spend some time with him as a companion. After a while he "opens up"'to you and the quest will launch.

He will want to talk to you from time to time so just talk to him then. He will give you his quest then.

Today I talked to him and he told me who he is. MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing on PC today when encountering my first WTF bug moment.

I was near the area where Mr. Goodfeel is I heard 2 raiders at the bottom of a small cliff. I enter VATS to take them out, then suddenly I get a blank screen with the Vaultec loading logo in bottom right corner. This was followed by my looking into the sky through my scope and falling to my death on the ground.

Equally amusing as it was annoying. Thankfully I had saved not too long prior.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Playing on PC today when encountering my first WTF bug moment.

I was near the area where Mr. Goodfeel is I heard 2 raiders at the bottom of a small cliff. I enter VATS to take them out, then suddenly I get a blank screen with the Vaultec loading logo in bottom right corner. This was followed by my looking into the sky through my scope and falling to my death on the ground.

Equally amusing as it was annoying. Thankfully I had saved not too long prior.

Yeah, I changed the auto-save to 5 minutes in the options for stuff like that.
All in all though, it's less buggy then I expected. I've only had a CTD once.

justjim89

Just got into
The Institute
for the first time. No thanks to the clumsy, poorly explained power system and having to fiddle with it to operate the interceptor. Ugh, what a half-assed mechanic.

A few questions, though. I'd prefer it to be as non-spoilery as possible.

-I worked with
the Railroad to build the interceptor and get in, so I got the Underground Undercover quest. It says to use the holotape on any Institute terminal. What holotape? I apparently received it from Des when I was going through the interceptor, but it didn't tell me the name of it and I can't find it in my inventory. Trying to load a holotape just brings up a big list, but none of them seem like the right one. What's the name of it? Or am I using the wrong terminals?

-Where do I find
Virgil's
office?

-Something tells me
shooting Old Shaun in the face
is a bad idea, right? Like, long term repercussions of killing
him
?

-Will it be obvious when I get to a point where
The Brotherhood
will be hostile to me for
working with The Railroad
? I can already tell there probably won't be a middle ground option for any of the factions and I know I'll hate it.

suEcide

I know this is a very stupid question, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to run a wire to the generator to another object. Any help?

psylah

I am in DESPERATE NEED OF WOOD. I think I've stripped every settlement of every tree, and bought every shipment, but it's probably more scarce than anything else outside of those sources.

anyone know where to find some decent gear for dogmeat?

all i got is a collar right now. i want a bandanna.

Just slightly east of Jamaica Plains there is a collapsed highway into a "V" shape when you face East. Walk up the section that goes south. There are 3 Named Dogs there, I'm not sure what their story is.

Between the 3 of them you'll get all the Dog armor you could possibly want.

Right about where I put the black arrow.

wS65sLo.jpg

adamy

Banned
Just slightly east of Jamaica Plains there is a collapsed highway into a "V" shape when you face East. Walk up the section that goes south. There are 3 Named Dogs there, I'm not sure what their story is.

Between the 3 of them you'll get all the Dog armor you could possibly want.

Right about where I put the black arrow.

http://i.imgur.com/wS65sLo.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

awesome, thanks man

Mr Swine

Banned
Ok, Can someone please explain to me how do I equip gear and weapons to my companions? I give them gear and weapons and they just use the same stuff as they have been using since I get them.

roytheone

try teleporting him back to you in a small room so he cant take off, that worked for me. then talk to him ASAP and ask him to follow you.

Didn't work, he follows me for like 5 seconds and then takes off again to God knows where. I think I will just try to let him do his thing, maybe he comes back to me after he reaches his destination. I miss my packing mule dog friend :(

Echoplx

I am in DESPERATE NEED OF WOOD. I think I've stripped every settlement of every tree, and bought every shipment, but it's probably more scarce than anything else outside of those sources.

The wood shipments restock after two in game days so you can just wait and keep buying more at Abernathy farm.

Ok, Can someone please explain to me how do I equip gear and weapons to my companions? I give them gear and weapons and they just use the same stuff as they have been using since I get them.

After you give them equipment you select it in their inventory and press triangle (PS4).
If you give them weapons you also have to give them ammo, otherwise they will use their own weapon again.

adamy

Banned
Didn't work, he follows me for like 5 seconds and then takes off again to God knows where. I think I will just try to let him do his thing, maybe he comes back to me after he reaches his destination. I miss my packing mule dog friend :(

what location did you tell him to go to when you dismissed him originally?

if you aren't teleporting him back while at the location you already dismissed him to go to, i would try doing that

roytheone

what location did you tell him to go to when you dismissed him originally?

if you aren't teleporting him back while at the location you already dismissed him to go to, i would try doing that

Well, he started doing it after I did the mission where
you have to follow him to a fort while he follows the scent of someone.
After I reached the fort, I made him my companion again, but didn't enter the fort. Maybe he keeps running back to the fort?

Top Bottom