• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

psylah

This is what I spent all that wood on:

dqKRozB.jpg

Covered nearly the entirety of the Castle's airspace with a roof.

I'll build a city up there eventually.

r1chard

Got a total Anakin Skywalker vibe off the Father.
Seriously, 60 years pass and you don't go back to rescue your mum from the ice prison she's held in?

Got a total Anakin Skywalker vibe off the Father.
Seriously, 60 years pass and you don't go back to rescue your mum from the ice prison she's held in?

Well,
she's dead
. What was he supposed to with her?
Turn her into a Synth that's what.
:p

I am in DESPERATE NEED OF WOOD. I think I've stripped every settlement of every tree, and bought every shipment, but it's probably more scarce than anything else outside of those sources.

I know everybody has answered you already but if you are really, really desperate for wood I can link you to a glitch for unlimited resources.

finally got to nick valentine (im doing main quest super slow cause of sidequests and settlements.) for some reason he keeps making me think of harrison ford in Blade runner. maybe cause of the trenchcoat and the smug

psylah

I know everybody has answered you already but if you are really, really desperate for wood I can link you to a glitch for unlimited resources.

That would be gr8. I'm already doing the unlimited build space thing and this doesn't affect game progress so I'm up for it.

I'm on PS4 if that matters, btw.

Jintor

it's a really weird feeling, but fallout 4 feels like a game i'm enjoying in spite of itself. I can barely go half a minute without thinking "that's a really stupid design decision" or "god I can't believe they decided to do that" or "man if synths replaced everyone in the game I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference because you're all STUPID ROBOTS", but I'm still enjoying myself a lot and thinking about the game pretty often.

That would be gr8. I'm already doing the unlimited build space thing and this doesn't affect game progress so I'm up for it.

i pray they dont fix the unlimited build glitch. it is so necessary...

btw if you could pass me a pm with the link you get about the resources... cause i need wood

Just a slight clarification, at least as it pertains to the BoS. You only get that notification when the Institute are about to become hostile. For the Rail Road
you get no notification, although the quest that turns them hostile literally asks you to eliminate them so it's impossible to trigger it by accident.
Word. Thanks for the clairification. I saw the BoS one come up and I assumed it would for the other factions as well. Still milking the railroad for missions.

SeanR1221

Ken

What perks do I need to make miniguns do a lot of damage? I have max heavy guns but seems weak. Maybe the perks that ignore armor?

What's the funnest playstyle in power armor? I was hoping to incorporate the stealth perk that just allows me not to be detected as easily (yup a ton of steel just slipping through unnoticed) but not really doing stealth sniping or anything like that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you do a low intelligence playthrough of the game? That is, does the game change it's dialog based on your low intelligence score?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Can you do a low intelligence playthrough of the game? That is, does the game change it's dialog based on your low intelligence score?

I don't think so, i haven't seen one dialogue change by having low INT change so far. INT only affects perks and hacking i think.

Am I crazy, or does this game really want you to use power armor? I don't like the slow movement and cluttered HUD of the power armor, but it seems like they're pushing me to use it.

Am I crazy, or does this game really want you to use power armor? I don't like the slow movement and cluttered HUD of the power armor, but it seems like they're pushing me to use it.

You're crazy. I've used power armor exactly twice in 90+ hours: once at the beginning because they tell you to use it, and then again an hour ago to transport a frame I found sitting out in the open. I'm almost level 50, playing on Hard (though for most of the game I played on Normal). I'm starting to die a little more often, especially during settlement defenses, but nothing that made me think "gee I should go back and use power armor." As far as I'm concerned it's completely optional.

N° 2048

I've barely used Power Armor in 90 hours of play. It would make things easier but I'm not too into them except collecting all the ones I find.

You're crazy. I've used power armor exactly twice in 90+ hours: once at the beginning because they tell you to use it, and then again an hour ago to transport a frame I found sitting out in the open. I'm almost level 50, playing on Hard (though for most of the game I played on Normal). I'm starting to die a little more often, especially during settlement defenses, but nothing that made me think "gee I should go back and use power armor." As far as I'm concerned it's completely optional.

I've barely used Power Armor in 90 hours of play. It would make things easier but I'm not too into them except collecting all the ones I find.

Sounds like I'm wrong then, but that's good, since I don't want use the power armor. I sure am getting my ass kicked though.

certain quests/areas just dont seem possible without power armor, like Quincy

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm level 29 and never use armor or power armor, just the outfit from the fort.

Balphon

I play on survival and I only used it for the one encounter at the beginning when you're basically forced to.

Think I'm around level 40 now.

Resources Duping

I also barely use Power Armor. I just have them up as display items lol.

One way to play but a boring way to survive most encounters is to lay back and snipe your enemies. That's how I've been surviving so far lol.

skyhaven

Neo Member
PA makes the game easier for me.
Which is good cause the shooting in this game isn't very good. And running to ranged targets for melee char isn't fun. Also, more weight cap for looting. It pays for the core. Less stims consumed too.

jesu

So is there any way to complete The Lost Patrol quest after
Danse is my companion?
I can't seem to complete it.

Also Killshot perk has to be glitched, I'm getting constant 95 chance in VATS.

I've just reached that part tonight.
He tells you to report to Kells about The Lost Patrol from now on.
Not that I could actually find Kells, but I think you can turn the quest in to him instead.

So I have a glitch in which I can't get dialogue options from Preston.

I can only receive or report quests to him but I can't trade, talk or have him join me.

Bummer.

With power suits, do you have to bring them back to your base when you don't want to use them/don't need them? I mean if you just leave them there will they disappear?

certain quests/areas just dont seem possible without power armor, like Quincy

I did Quincy a few hours ago. The only part that could have been sketch was Tessa, but she got caught in a corner and dispatching her was ridiculously easy. I think even if that hadn't happened, I would have been fine; I've gone up against her type before (
power armor users
) without too much trouble.

Again, I'm only playing on hard; very hard/survival may well be a different story.

I guess I'm ready to continue with the story right now, and finish it.
I've finished most important factions and zones quests out there. Ballistic weave is already at my disposal as well.

Elfstruck

Smh, I think I encountered a game breaking bug. I cant no longer use my weapons after the
Reunion quest
. I tried to finished the dialogue with
Nick
in
Diamond city
and still cant use my weapons. I know theres a way to fix it on PC, but is there a way to fix this on console?

Top Bottom