• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

My new character has 1 INT and the first perk I picked up was Idiot Savant. It procced at the end of the first mission.

That was fun.

Also, seeing that intro cutscene again was really cool. It looks really good, really high production values.

CwkkBou.jpg

Mr Swine

Banned
After you give them equipment you select it in their inventory and press triangle (PS4).
If you give them weapons you also have to give them ammo, otherwise they will use their own weapon again.

I'm on PC so I don't know what button triangle is supposed to be on PC :/

I fired a mini nuke at
the Brotherhood Elder after his bigoted wee initial speech, and killed pretty much everyone on board and at the airfield. Barring the obviously epic wipeout of the Brotherhood of Steel, have I fucked up my game to any real extent?

Yeah. This actually happens a lot, having a quest but then the situation changes which locks you out of their former dialogue.

Balls :/

Is the Cambridge Polymer Labs bugged as well?

It's the quest where the female voiced Mr.Handy asks you to fill out a job application. She does the orientation but just floats around and I can't progress further into the building because the doors are locked and you can't open them. There's some turrets going off and I think it's screwing with NPC from doing the quest.

I'm level 22 right and have yet to get a legendary weapon that is more effective than the upgraded weapons I already own. I'm playing on normal right now, if I bump it up to hard will I run into more legendary enemies giving me a chance at better weapons?
Whatever legendary weapon you pick up of a certain class (10mm/shotgun etc.) just remove the mods from your current better vanilla modded weapon and attach to the legendary instead. You'll get the same power and whatever bonus the legendary gives you. No reason to not role with all legendary weapons.

Whatever legendary weapon you pick up of a certain class (10mm/shotgun etc.) just remove the mods from your current better vanilla modded weapon and attach to the legendary instead. You'll get the same power and whatever bonus the legendary gives you. No reason to not role with all legendary weapons.

Exactly. Also there is no more risk that you accidentally scrap your weapons

Mahonay

Banned
Two questions..
1) How do you make your companions wear power armor?
2) Can
Nick Valentine
use power armor?
Yes and yes.

Just use the command function on them and then point to the power armor.

When you want them to get out of the power armor, just use the "talk" function with your companion and ask them to get out.

El_Cinefilo

So if one of my companions
(Valentine)
started ignoring me and then disappeared when I fast travelled, are they gone for good?

I even went back to sanctuary and asked another companion to come with me thinking it would ask me where I wanted to send the missing one but it just acted like I was alone.

On PS4 by the way.

Mahonay

Banned
So if one of my companions
(Valentine)
started ignoring me and then disappeared when I fast travelled, are they gone for good?

I even went back to sanctuary and asked another companion to come with me thinking it would ask me where I wanted to send the missing one but it just acted like I was alone.

On PS4 by the way.
My best advice would be to look around whatever settlement you had them assigned to originally. I've heard of people losing them though, unfortunately.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm doing the Curtain Call quest and
Rex is stuck at the top of the tower. I've rescued him from the cage with the super mutants and pretty sure I've killed all of them on the way down (and up... and down... and up .. and down again..) in the elevator, but he's standing there quivering and not moving. I've tried punching him in the face to move him towards the elevator but he just runs back and stands in place. Bug? Not sure what to do.

I'm doing the Curtain Call quest and
Rex is stuck at the top of the tower. I've rescued him from the cage with the super mutants and pretty sure I've killed all of them on the way down (and up... and down... and up .. and down again..) in the elevator, but he's standing there quivering and not moving. I've tried punching him in the face to move him towards the elevator but he just runs back and stands in place. Bug? Not sure what to do.

You didn't accidentally kill Strong, didn't you? I dunno if it's possible, but if you did he might just be scared shitless.

No, Strong is downstairs and if I approach him he says 'Go away, bleeder'.

Weird. Check the Vault or Nukapedia, see if it's mentioned there. Sounds like a bug, in any case.

On an unrelated note, started my second character today. She's already at 9 Charisma and only 1 INT for that hefty Idiot Savant bonus. She's going full melee, smashing things feels good.

p9GqBKI.jpg

Decided to make Red Rocket my homestead, but since I've been burned before by using the ground floor I just decided to build a shack on the roof. Expect it to expand to garguantuan dimensions as time passes.

4jvtCqc.jpg

Does the game warn you if you're about to reach a point of no return with a faction? I.E. making them hostile?
You will actually get a notification that pops up on the screen that says a faction is about to become hostile and to click yes or no if you want to continue. You cant miss it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This happened to me too and sorry to say I never found a fix... Tried pushing him but he wouldn't quite go. Tried resting, tried punching him but he went aggro.
Ended up reloading
Damn! I've made a heap of progress since then. Guess he'll be standing there forever, lol.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Sotha_Sil

So it's just struck me that I haven't run into a single game-breaking bug. Unless I've forgotten them, the only minor bug I've hit is the subtitles not keeping pace with the dialog.

Yes, there are framerate drops, but they're generally concentrated on specific areas (PS4 versions). About 30 hours in, and I'm wondering what all the fuss has been about.

Just finished the Minutemen questline (at least, it appears to be finished outside of generic quests), I really like the Castle. I'm moving everyone I can to that location (don't really care about maxing all the settlements, just want one or two).

Still very early on in the game, have the power armour, but the cell ran out of power ( forgot the correct name) can I recharge my power armour in my workshop, or do I need to buy the power cell for it?

Still very early on in the game, have the power armour, but the cell ran out of power ( forgot the correct name) can I recharge my power armour in my workshop, or do I need to buy the power cell for it?

You find or buy fusion cores. There is no recharging, they're single use batteries. Most traders have them (under ammo. Do not confuse them for fusion cells), though they can be very expensive if you're not built for charisma.

Grisby

Couple of questions:
1)How do I get out of my power armor?
2)When you go into the perk chart it looks like you can increase the stars of the beginning top stats by just hitting next rank? What does that do?

Couple of questions:
1)How do I get out of my power armor?
2)When you go into the perk chart it looks like you can increase the stars of the beginning top stats by just hitting next rank? What does that do?

1) Hold A/Cross/No idea on PC

2) Are you talking about increasing your base stats? It describes what they effect in the text.

Haunted

Which ones are they? Because yes, that's very much possible.
Actually sounds exactly like experience Kamina is talking about - it's the first MILA quest I got from Tinker Tom. :D

Yeah they really need a better indicator for when something is on the roof of a place, the first MILA quest was a headache.. I wouldn't be surprised if VANS lead you right towards the way to get up to the roof..may end up getting that last.
Actually, no.

And It was the very first MILA quest I got! I kinda glazed over exactly what i was supposed to be doing since I just wanted the ballistic fibers mod!

The quest marker kept pointing upwards..I couldn't find the way up to it.. So I did PAM's quests and ended up in the MILA area and found the way by accident..I had to carefully walk on a hanging row of trains to get to it..it was on a plank jutting out of the lead trains entrance..that one was actually fun.

abundant

You will actually get a notification that pops up on the screen that says a faction is about to become hostile and to click yes or no if you want to continue. You cant miss it.

Just a slight clarification, at least as it pertains to the BoS. You only get that notification when the Institute are about to become hostile. For the Rail Road
you get no notification, although the quest that turns them hostile literally asks you to eliminate them so it's impossible to trigger it by accident.

Grisby

1) Hold A/Cross/No idea on PC

2) Are you talking about increasing your base stats? It describes what they effect in the text.
Yeah, I know what the stats are and how to choose perks, but I can keep hitting the R1 button to increase the stars all the way to their max level. I don't know why I can do this? I'm only level five.

Also, how do you lower furniture to the ground? Trying to make beds and they're five feet off the ground.

You're doing it wrong. No shame, I did the same thing forever too. Read this guide, improve your life.

http://www.videogamer.com/features/game_guide/fallout_4_hacking_guide_how_to_do_it_well.html

Basically, if you scan through the jibberish, it'll highlight groups that are surrounded by brackets - (), [], {}, <>. Those either replenish your tries or remove bad passwords.

Tbh finding all the giberish takes way more time than just working it out in four tries. I've never been locked out and never use the brackets.

NIN90

I just got access to
the Institute and now I'm on the quest "The Battle of Bunker Hill".
How much longer is the main quest line?

I just got access to
the Institute and now I'm on the quest "The Battle of Bunker Hill".
How much longer is the main quest line?

Once I got access to that point it wasn't much longer for me (few hours or so) though I have no idea how much your decisions affect stuff.

Spyware

Tbh finding all the giberish takes way more time than just working it out in four tries. I've never been locked out and never use the brackets.
You can just scan over the gibberish and if more than a single spot lights up just press it. Takes very little time.
But I find the minigame more fun when I have to read the words so I play it "wrong" and like it.

RulkezX

Yeah, I know what the stats are and how to choose perks, but I can keep hitting the R1 button to increase the stars all the way to their max level. I don't know why I can do this? I'm only level five.

Also, how do you lower furniture to the ground? Trying to make beds and they're five feet off the ground.

Pressing R1 just lets you see what the next levels do, you don't actually get the points.

You can just scan over the gibberish and if more than a single spot lights up just press it. Takes very little time.
But I find the minigame more fun when I have to read the words so I play it "wrong" and like it.

I always make three legit tries, then go through all the bits, then try again.

Top Bottom