• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Just checking, when Fallout 4 is installing, actually it is (again) downloading the rest of the game? It is taking tooooo long (hours and still 30%).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Very interesting. I wonder if the reason so many people have been complaining about the ending is because most people have been doing the quests in specific orders which resulted in conflict but you can actually pacify them if you're careful about the order.

It is absolutely impossible to get an ending in which everybody is pacified. All endings will make you enemies of the BoS and/or Institute. Each faction has specific quest lines that force you to take out another faction.

Minutemen are the exception though. None of the factions are forced to make them an enemy. Although there is one institute quest where you will have to use dialogue and be careful

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just walked through bunker hill because I'm still on everyone's good side

You missed out on exp! Nothing that you do there has long term consequences with the factions. I shot everyone on every side.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What's the point of no return? I've stopped doing faction/main quests due to fear of being locked out.

Don't worry, the game will tell you very explicitly (at least on the Institute side). None of your actions in this game really have long term consequences, so just keep playing until you get the pop-up warning.

Kerned

Banned
Deacon
seems to have developed a strange and annoying bug. He now emits a loud, jackhammer-like noise at all times. I've tried switching to a new companion, sending him to a different settlement, reloading, rebooting, etc. Nothing resolves it.

Thankfully I unlocked his perk before this started, because the noise is so bad I can't be near him. He's at the Drive-in now, rattling away and doubtlessly annoying everyone there.

Pakoe

This is about the institute:

I was doing a mission for The Railroad that had me killing off synths and couriers in a certain building, when arriving i was greeted by this courier since i was already on the good side of the institute. This gave me a good feeling of having a choice, something like a double agent. So i left the courier alone and wanted to leave the building, however two stories lower all of a sudden some turret started shooting me and the whole building went hostile. This really showed me the lack of choices that this game has, unfortunately i of course had to kill the whole building just to continue.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Deacon
seems to have developed a strange and annoying bug. He now emits a loud, jackhammer-like noise at all times. I've tried switching to a new companion, sending him to a different settlement, reloading, rebooting, etc. Nothing resolves it.

Thankfully I unlocked his perk before this started, because the noise is so bad I can't be near him. He's at the Drive-in now, rattling away and doubtlessly annoying everyone there.

Apparently the fix to this is to send them to a workbench (not sure if it's armor or weapon, but one of them)

r1chard

This is about the institute:

I was doing a mission for The Railroad that had me killing off synths and couriers in a certain building, when arriving i was greeted by this courier since i was already on the good side of the institute. This gave me a good feeling of having a choice, something like a double agent. So i left the courier alone and wanted to leave the building, however two stories lower all of a sudden some turret started shooting me and the whole building went hostile. This really showed me the lack of choices that this game has, unfortunately i of course had to kill the whole building just to continue.

If it's the same building as I think it is, then I started at the bottom (via a pipe entrance) and worked up,
and the building was chock full of Mirelurks and Raiders, and I presume the defences were allied to the Raiders. Of course the Courser took out 90% of the raiders up at the top while I was on my way... until I shot him in the back of the head like the double-crosser I really am
heh heh heh.

I got an Exploding Shotgun about 5 minutes after I cranked the difficulty to Hard.

Jesus Christ. Deathclaws, Legendary Deathclaws, Alpha Deathclaws, and even a Legendary Alpha Deathclaw...they all just fall apart as soon as I look at them. I strolled through the Glowing Sea with my dick out just killing everything and popping Rad-X. I didn't discover everything so I'm going to go back to do that but I mean...fuck.

I haven't even been to GoodNeighbor yet.

TM94

Stumbled into the Pickman Gallery

tumblr_inline_nl6eqsxDIb1sqf2ij.gif

Got to a point in the main quest where factions started to turn on me. Nah. Fuck it. I thought I wanted to know the ending, but it's not worth the content I'll miss.

Roni

Gold Member
I got an Exploding Shotgun about 5 minutes after I cranked the difficulty to Hard.

Jesus Christ. Deathclaws, Legendary Deathclaws, Alpha Deathclaws, and even a Legendary Alpha Deathclaw...they all just fall apart as soon as I look at them. I strolled through the Glowing Sea with my dick out just killing everything and popping Rad-X. I didn't discover everything so I'm going to go back to do that but I mean...fuck.

I haven't even been to GoodNeighbor yet.

I'm level 51 and the game offers an easy experience if I play conservatively on Survival... I'm a Power Armor, Big Guns build. Buddy of mine is running a stealthy melee build, game's utterly broken for him and he's only level 35. He's playing on Survival too...

Melee is broken if you know how to build your character.

Is it wise to have the BoS as an enemy?

I'm currentlly deciding between doing a mission for the Institute or informing the BoS. Teleporting to some kind of Mass Relay will make me an enemy to the BoS for the entire game.

slackjaw10

Neo Member
It really annoys me that paint jobs occupy the material mod slot for power armor. It's paint. Also, why can I only apply the minuteman paint to a T45?

So I am definitely more than 80 hours in Fallout 4 and I notice that these loading times get worse, or is it just certain locations? I noticed it in I believe Park Street apartments it was but also just now when I exited Pickman Gallery it took so damn long to finally see the Commonwealth. Why is this?

Xbox One by the way. Maybe I should do a hard reset more often. I also keep track of the amount of savegames I create and delete. I keep about 30 of them.

DukeBobby

Late game Railroad mission spoilers:

I'm doing the Rockets' Red Glare mission, and I just love how the Brotherhood are so easily fooled by my BOS uniform that I've been wearing for that last 40 hours. My face isn't covered, I'm an enemy of the brotherhood, yet nobody on the ship has any idea who I am despite me being a damn Paladin at one point. I would have thought some of the more high ranking members would know I'm a traitor.

So can I not do
Piper's Story of the Century quest after doing Reunions (where you kill Kellogg)? When I try to start the quest with Piper, she just responds as a companion would.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So why does my settlements size get bigger when I put water pumps and crops? Is it a memory thing?
Settlement Size Bar is just a Bar that shows how much you can build in that specific Settlement.If you build something than the Bar fills up more and once it's full the game will not allow you to build more in that Settlement.The Bar has nothing to do with your population size or the game making the Settlement's editable area bigger.

Chitown B

sitting here at 99% with 14 Surgery centers and 1 trade post. Waiting for it to hit 100%.....

At the castle. Finally moved from Sanctuary which was just bugged period for settlement percentage.

El Jaffe

So can I not do
Piper's Story of the Century quest after doing Reunions (where you kill Kellogg)? When I try to start the quest with Piper, she just responds as a companion would.
I was able to do the quest afterwards, all I did was
make her my current companion and then talked to her.

Grisby

So... are the charisma speech checks completely random? I've got about 5 points, 6, with my hat, and I've twice failed a 'medium' level speech choice.

Seems a bit fishy.

I absolutely love exploring in games, especially BGS games, so by now I have stumbled upon several buildings that I later found out were tied to quests. But some buildings are just there to be explored and for no other reason. But the other day I saw this one location and I started to explore it, turned out it was tied to Nick Valentine or something. I guess that's just how it's gonna be if you decide to explore the shit out of games. You guys having this 'problem' too?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So... are the charisma speech checks completely random? I've got about 5 points, 6, with my hat, and I've twice failed a 'medium' level speech choice.

Seems a bit fishy.

The higher the charisma the greater the chance. I never failed a single check once my charisma got to 11. Not one.

The only check I can recall failing is one with Brandis, but I just reloaded and passed it.

LOL

N° 2048

The higher the charisma the greater the chance. I never failed a single check once my charisma got to 11. Not one.

The only check I can recall failing is one with Brandis, but I just reloaded and passed it.

LOL

Same, 11 and I haven't failed one yet. (I have Rank 1 Lady Killer/Black Widow though)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Seems a bit fishy.
Pretty much...even with 10+ Charisma and Lady Killer/Black Widow Perk the Speech Check "Color" doesn't change and your more likely to pass instead of failing but a 1 Charisma character can still pass the Speech Checks that a 10+ Charisma character can.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Seems a bit fishy.

Higher Charisma just increases the chance of success, but I think there is always a bit of chance involved.

You can always just save scum it if you want. Quick save at the dialogue prompt, and reload if it fails.

Kamina777

Banned
Yes, that's a good alternative. At least then you'd know at a glance that settler actually has a job.
Or, you can gather all your settlers by ringing the bell from a vantage point where you can see all your assigned jobs outside gardening ( which is an auto assigned job with settlers) and dress them according to their vocation. A list is a bit much, you're given the optio to give create ques.

R0ckman

Seems a bit fishy.

Small amount of RNG I believe, no matter what your charisma is, if you go beyond 10 it helps though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Small amount of RNG I believe, no matter what your charisma is, if you go beyond 10 it helps though.

As I said, I never once failed a test once I went to 11. Of course (one of my criticisms of the game) it never seemed like my speech ever accomplished much.

Top Bottom