• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I finished the game yesterday and all i can say is what a fucking mess.

The main quest/story is a joke a fucking joke, i hoped there would be a wow moment like something to remember, a massive twist but no. The side quests are actually the only fun in the game.

The graphics are godawful, about 10% of my playtime the game really looked nice but the rest, jezzzzz....there is no excuse that a shit looking game like this does not run at 60fps, it would look like shite if it came out like this to ps3/360. Just look how Just Cause 3 looks and compare it to this mess.

The pussy voice of the main characer god i hate this guy. When in conversation he constantly has a disgusting smile on his face wtf, changes the tone of the voice from tuff guy to pussy to crying oh my son moy son, everytime he mentions he's son i'm thinking oh no he's going to cry.

The freezing time V.A.T.S from F3 was much better, you had time to think about what are you going to do or at what to aim, here most of the time i have 2-3sec to aim and shoot or i'm dead and the v.a.t.s animaton is always too long i can't wait to get out of it.

The loading screens, the fucking loading screen are everywhere for the tiniest rooms...loading.

I guess i'm just disappointed, was expecting a much better game.

Sarcasm

That's one of my issues with the Perks because they seem too broad and aren't design for a specific role. I had to force myself to get the Damage and Energy Resistance Perks just got the sake of using the Perk Points but other than that alot of these are pretty useless to me.

If you include the Companion Perks there's one too many X Effect Activates after your HP falls below 20% Perk and those Perks are complete trash in my opinion because there's no reason you should let your HP drop that low or even actively stay that low to keep those effects.

I hope that they add more Perks that fit a specific role with the DLC because I reached the point of having to grab "meh" type of Perks already.

REALLY salty that they didn't add the Pack Rat Perk to the game because with all of the Junk you're collecting it would have been the most useful Perk in this game.

What do you mean? (Click picture)

Lanrutcon

I finished the game yesterday and all i can say is what a fucking mess.

The main quest/story is a joke a fucking joke, i hoped there would be a wow moment like something to remember, a massive twist but no. The side quests are actually the only fun in the game.

The graphics are godawful, about 10% of my playtime the game really looked nice but the rest, jezzzzz....there is no excuse that a shit looking game like this does not run at 60fps, it would look like shite if it came out like this to ps3/360. Just look how Just Cause 3 looks and compare it to this mess.

The pussy voice of the main characer god i hate this guy. When in conversation he constantly has a disgusting smile on his face wtf, changes the tone of the voice from tuff guy to pussy to crying oh my son moy son, everytime he mentions he's son i'm thinking oh no he's going to cry.

The freezing time V.A.T.S from F3 was much better, you had time to think about what are you going to do or at what to aim, here most of the time i have 2-3sec to aim and shoot or i'm dead and the v.a.t.s animaton is always too long i can't wait to get out of it.

The loading screens, the fucking loading screen are everywhere for the tiniest rooms...loading.

I guess i'm just disappointed, was expecting a much better game.

You're pretty spot on with most of your criticisms. The story is bad. The graphics are incredibly inconsistant (from omg wow god rayed forest to holy shit 2007 textured indoors in minutes). The loading screens are insane.

Still having fun, but damn.

I'm about 20 hours into my second play through with a Power Armor + Rifles build.

Spoilers about specific power armor in the game:
I got the X-01 last night at level 28 from the 35 tower. I went there at 26 and it wouldn't spawn. I came back when I was 28, bumped up the difficulty to "survival" and it was there. I then upgraded it to Mk. V and a legendary boatfly almost did me in. What? lol This game.

So I'm having an odd issue with weapons right now. Is it just me or are Laser Rifles not as powerful as advertised? I have an upgraded one that says it does 105 DMG, but I also have a combat rifle that does 73 DMG. The combat rifle seems to take things out in 2-3 shots. The laser rifle seems to kill enemies in 3-7 shots. What am I missing? Are regular bullets just overall better? I don't have a plasma gun yet not a guass rifle.

Watevaman

I'm about 20 hours into my second play through with a Power Armor + Rifles build.

I got the X-01 last night at level 28 from the 35 tower. I went there at 26 and it wouldn't spawn. I came back when I was 28, bumped up the difficulty to "survival" and it was there. I then upgraded it to Mk. V and a legendary boatfly almost did me in. What? lol This game.

So I'm having an odd issue with weapons right now. Is it just me or are Laser Rifles not as powerful as advertised? I have an upgraded one that says it does 105 DMG, but I also have a combat rifle that does 73 DMG. The combat rifle seems to take things out in 2-3 shots. The laser rifle seems to kill enemies in 3-7 shots. What am I missing? Are regular bullets just overall better? I don't have a plasma gun yet not a guass rifle.

Different enemies have different resistances, so an energy weapon may not penetrate as well as a ballistic weapon.

Lanrutcon

Perks aside, things have different resistances. Deathclaws are weaker to energy than ballistic, while Synths are more resistant to energy than ballistic.

Shoogoo

How and when exactly does a companion give you his perk?

I finished McCready's quest, he says he likes me and all, but I don't have it. I'd like to dump his ass asap!

Different enemies have different resistances, so an energy weapon may not penetrate as well as a ballistic weapon.

Perks aside, things have different resistances. Deathclaws are weaker to energy than ballistic, while Synths are more resistant to energy than ballistic.

Ah! That makes much more sense now. Thanks!

Is there a list somewhere? I feel like ballistic does much better than anything else right now, but I just love the look and feel of the energy weapons so much more.

Lanrutcon

Ah! That makes much more sense now. Thanks!

Is there a list somewhere? I feel like ballistic does much better than anything else right now, but I just love the look and feel of the energy weapons so much more.

There's a perk that allows you to see an enemy's stats while in VATS mode.

Jintor

Can you actually move residents from a specific Settlement to another one? I mean, who in their right mind would want to live in Sunshine Tiding Co-Op with all of the dead ghoul bodies that can't be cleared away?!!

I already moved their carcasses out of the house and now they're back!!! So obviously the place is haunted, which is all the more reason not to stay there so why are these 2 buffons want to stay there?!

there's a fucking dead minuteman in the middle of the castle courtyard i simply can't get rid of. Occasionally he clips through the ground.

I ended up building a memorial around his dead body. Whenever the weird thing happens when all the NPCs end up standing creepily in the middle of the yard it looks amazing.

There's also a glowing pile of ash looking at me accusingly on one of the walls (I clipped a guy when fighting the Queen)

Has anyone had the odd issue of being unable to overwrite previous save files, playing on PS4 btw. Every time I keep trying, it keeps saying to remove space but I have well over 50Gb of free space to use. My current solution is to make new saves from time to time and quicksave.

Also, for any Asian region players, have you guys gotten a patch? I've been playing a R3 version of the game and have yet to gotten any patch. It still says version 1.00 even after two weeks of playing.

Jintor

also, like, jesus god, it's 2015 and I'm STILL having the same fucking companion ai problems from like freaking oblivion or something where your companion will run right into your fucking sword swings or (in this case) cait ran right in front of my grenade toss and it bounced into my fucking face.

Machina

Banned
also, like, jesus god, it's 2015 and I'm STILL having the same fucking companion ai problems from like freaking oblivion or something where your companion will run right into your fucking sword swings or (in this case) cait ran right in front of my grenade toss and it bounced into my fucking face.

I've encountered blocked doorframes because of NPCs. Is it really that hard to program in the A.I not crowding around doors?

psylah

What do you mean? (Click picture)

I found this perk to be detrimental. I like using Power Armor, to the point where I specced into the Intelligence tree to get the perk that makes fusion cores last twice as long.

When you have tier 3 of Strong Back, it uses AP all the time, thus draining your fusion core.

If you aren't paying attention and miss the notification that you are overincumbered, you could be unknowingly draining a fusion core.

Matush

How and when exactly does a companion give you his perk?

I finished McCready's quest, he says he likes me and all, but I don't have it. I'd like to dump his ass asap!
Just keep traveling with him and doing stuff he likes (stealing, breaking into buildings). You will get it in a matter of hours.

dork

Banned
Dumb question incoming. I picked the perk that shows enemy weaknesses in VATS...so it has 3 icons now when I enter VATS to show me the weaknesses but the weapons don't show you which weapon does that kind of damage? So how do I know what to use?

Watevaman

Dumb question incoming. I picked the perk that shows enemy weaknesses in VATS...so it has 3 icons now when I enter VATS to show me the weaknesses but the weapons don't show you which weapon does that kind of damage? So how do I know what to use?

If you look at a weapon, it'll have an icon next to its damage number. The crosshairs means ballistic damage, the lightning bolt means energy damage, and I think a hazmat symbol means radiation damage.

dork

Banned
If you look at a weapon, it'll have an icon next to its damage number. The crosshairs means ballistic damage, the lightning bolt means energy damage, and I think a hazmat symbol means radiation damage.

Thanks. I wish the game explained this more ..and if it did whoops

so I assume the lower on the enemy the lower the resistance

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Look at your Weapon stats where it shows the damage number.Crosshairs is Ballistic Damage, Thunderbolt is Energy Damage and Radioactive Icon is Radiation Damage. Just use the appropriate Weapon against the appropriate Enemy if you want to match their weaknesses but just know that Radioactive Weapons are not common.

Edit:Beaten

They should show their damage type. A Crosshair is projectile damage for example and is affected by Ballistic defence which is a shield -
7SjHDjB.png
A Ligtning bolt is Energy damage etc.

Edit: Beaten like Dogmeat up against an Alpha Deathclaw.

Has there always been a weird blur filter around the edges of conversation scenes? I just noticed it in my new game, don't think it was there before.

How do I get caps from stores in my settlements? The only one I have is the clinic that came with the Castle, but even after assigning a guy to it I haven't seen any caps (as far as I can tell).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How do I get caps from stores in my settlements? The only one I have is the clinic that came with the Castle, but even after assigning a guy to it I haven't seen any caps (as far as I can tell).
They deposit the caps into the Settlements's Workbench.

Just remember that if you actually see any caps and how many caps you see deposited in there depends on the population of the Settlement.

Faenix1

This game needs different sized foundations and floors/whatever needs to block/remove bushes. Seriously.

Having bushes appear on my floors is pissing me off and making my plans difficult. >>

Xion_Stellar

This game needs different sized foundations and floors/whatever needs to block/remove bushes. Seriously.

Having bushes appear on my floors is pissing me off and making my plans difficult. >>
I had that problem as well so I had to raise the foundation above the floor level (using cement foundations) to fix the issue.I'm also annoyed that I can't grab the skeletons around Settlements or scrap them for bone material because they are a detriment to building or planting anything on top of it.

Yup. I dont see why they don't let us scrap grass, and bushes. I know it's supposed to be a post apocalyptic world, but let me keep my settlements looking nice and clean.

Another issue I have is why can't we paint any of the structures we make? There's paint scattered all across the Commonwealth, and we even help some guy repaint the walls in Diamond City.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Story Spoiler. In regards to The Institute

I just got to the Institute, and talked to Father and learned their goals. Do they explain why they kidnap people and replace them with synths? All that was explained to me was coursers / capturing rogue synths.

Xion_Stellar

Ah yes its different in NV. I remembered the Fallout 2 version.

But if you max the FO4 weight perk you can fast travel while encumbered lol -.-
I don't like being over encumbered because you move around like a slug even if you have the Perk that lets you spring using AP. So outside of grabbing the first two Ranks of Strong Back (which essentially turns the Perk into the Burden to Bear Perk) I don't touch the the last two Ranks of Strong Back.

Pack Rat Perk would have been so amazingly useful in this game because nearly 80% of Junk you pick up weights less than 2 pounds.

I tried Wasteland 2 and maybe I'll try it again later but I made characters and got absolutely wrecked on one of the first encounters and I didn't think their build was all that bad but I was proven wrong. Seems like a game you have to be REALLY familiar with old school rpgs and stat distribution to do well in.

Yeah, I had to start Wasteland 2 over after playing about 6 hours just to have a better stat allocation.

Fun fact: Fallout 4 runs better on PS4 than Wasteland 2.

They deposit the caps into the Settlements's Workbench.

Just remember that if you actually see any caps and how many caps you see deposited in there depends on the population of the Settlement.
I've got 17 people at the Castle. At what rate and how many caps should I receive from the one shop?

Also, yeah, I wish that there were smaller foundation blocks. I used the foundation blocks to patch the holes in the Castle walls, but I can't get it just right because of the size and it bothers me.

This is what I mean. See the blur around the edges of the screen? That's always there now during a conversation, but only when the camera perspective switches. When I'm in first person, or when a bartering window pups up, it's gone.

4zcxZVA.jpg

Kinda annoying, but eh. Maybe something VATS related.

Xion_Stellar

I've got 17 people at the Castle. At what rate and how many caps should I receive from the one shop?
I don't have an exact metric (and I don't think anyone will bother making one until they release the GECK Mod Tools to take a serious look at the game's guts) but I had a Settlement with all 6 Different Shops (the big Lv.3 ones) and the max population of 20 Settlers and I got less than 250 caps a day IIRC so don't count on it being a steady source of serious income.

Mahonay

Banned
Npc: Will you get this item for me?
Me: Yea sure... Not for free though. CHARISMA
Npc: How does 100 caps sound?
Me: not enough.CHARISMA
Npc: OK, how about 125 caps?
Me: surely this is worth more to you?CHARISMA
Npc: wow, you drive a hard bargain-- 200 caps?
Me: c'mon! I'm putting my life on the line here!CHARISMA
Npc: OK, OK! 300 caps!
Me: well I guess the super mutants are gonna have [insert item] for lunch then...CHARISMA
Npc: you're killing me here! 400, caps. And that's final! ...shit.

Me: I actually already have the item here.

Npc:

giphy.gif
Hahahahaha

R0ckman

How do I get the Minute Men ending? I'm not feeling any of these other factions. Really the Minute Men faction seems like the main one.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So I have my Charisma and Local Leaders abilities leveled up, but how do I setup trade routes so that all the workbenches share the same inventory? I'm not seeing that option anywhere.

Ramma2

So I have my Charisma and Local Leaders abilities leveled up, but how do I setup trade routes so that all the workbenches share the same inventory? I'm not seeing that option anywhere.

Enter workshop mode.
Select a settler.
On PS4 I believe it is R1, to establish a trade route.

Top Bottom