• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

you can put bandannas on people settlers

There are tons of colors and you can use the Dogmeat dupe glitch to make tons.

Green = food
Camo = traders

etc

R0ckman

As I said, I never once failed a test once I went to 11. Of course (one of my criticisms of the game) it never seemed like my speech ever accomplished much.

Really? It gets you out of extra quest and out of occasional blood baths. I know of two side quests that it kept me from having to kill a lot people.

Replicant

Strong disliked that.
Strong disliked that.
Strong disliked that.
Strong hated that.
Strong disliked that.

I'm sorry Strong, I guess...I am only human...

Also bumbled into Swan's Pond, typical video game enemy weak point detected.

Fuck Strong (not literally, of course, because gross) but he's the WORST companion. The most boring too.

He's just jealous. I kicked him out of Sanctuary because he kept hating on my sweet PA collection.

I put him in the Sunshine Co-Op thing where it's full of dead ghoul bodies. He should feel at home with all the dead body to eat. /sorrynotsorry

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As I said, I never once failed a test once I went to 11. Of course (one of my criticisms of the game) it never seemed like my speech ever accomplished much.

The majority of them just give you a bit of exp and change the dialogue a bit. Maybe you'll be able to get an extra 100 caps or so as reward for a job. Totally not worth investing points in Charisma.

I had a set of Charisma gear that I would put on each time I visited a vendor, though, since higher Charisma will make the prices better for you.

Guys is it just me or does Diamond City Radio sometimes play certain songs again after a while, while it has not played all the other songs yet? For example The end of the World, a few minutes ago I heard it and a few songs later I heard it again. So at first I thought the tracklist was probably very short, but that's not the case when I look it up on Wikia. Actually there's a song from Fallout 3, I don't want to set the world on Fire, but I haven't heard it at all yet. What's up with this?

N° 2048

Guys is it just me or does Diamond City Radio sometimes play certain songs again after a while, while it has not played all the other songs yet? For example The end of the World, a few minutes ago I heard it and a few songs later I heard it again. So at first I thought the tracklist was probably very short, but that's not the case when I look it up on Wikia. Actually there's a song from Fallout 3, I don't want to set the world on Fire, but I haven't heard it at all yet. What's up with this?

Yea certain songs repeat way more than others :(

AwShucks

I need an answer quick (currently paused). Spoilers ahoy

I'm at the institute and shot Father as soon as I saw him. I saved before. How much would that screw up the main story? Wondering if I should reload. Thinking Shaun might hate me.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

I'm at the institute and shot Father as soon as I saw him. I saved before. How much would that screw up the main story? Wondering if I should reload. Thinking Shaun might hate me.

I'm thinking he'll really, really hate you.

Psymatiq

Neo Member

...speechless

Replicant

Can you reconcile the Minutemen, BoS, and Railroad? Or do you literally need to choose between the BoS RR, and Institute?

Well, sort of..... Someone posted the steps a few pages before:

Main story ending spoilers + info on how I got a good-ish ending:

I just beat all four endings, finishing with the Minutemen as my permanent one.

I was disappointed by how similar the three non-Institute ones are, and by how little good/interesting stuff the Institute one leaves you with. I originally wanted to side with the Institute, but I ended up not doing it because of the world state it produces. I need Deacon alive so he can keep being my bartender at The Castle, and I'll take that over hanging with the Institute board any day.

Somehow I managed the right sequence of quests to allow me to remain friendly with both the Railroad and the Brotherhood, while using the Minutemen to defeat the Institute. That's by far the most appealing outcome for me, since it lets me keep doing Railroad and Brotherhood stuff + hanging with Deacon in my bar.

In case anyone is having trouble getting to a similar world state, here's roughly what I did:
- Warn the Brotherhood about Mass Fusion. It's VERY important that you only talk to Proctor Ingram. If you talk to Captain Kells, you will likely get the kill order quest and become an enemy of the Railroad.
- Collect the Mass Fusion core. Get the Ad Victorium quest, but don't do anything with it. At this point, you should also get a quest to talk to Preston.
- I also got an additional quest to inform Desdemona that my cover was blown. I opted not to complete this until after doing the rest of the below steps.
- Go talk to Preston. He may ask you to acquire more settlements before taking on the Institute.
- Enter the Institute through the tunnel Sturges discovers and storm it with the Minutemen.
- Get the Minutemen ending, while keeping the Brotherhood and the Railroad in tact. Woohoo!
- Go talk to Desdemona about your cover being blown and then talk to Preston to clean up that quest. You'll have a very odd conversation with Desdemona about how you need to find another way to defeat the Institute, despite it already being very exploded.

Probably more of a glitch but still, better than the other alternatives?

Not even a Hallmark card can fix it?

Band-aid don't fix bullet holes......according to Ms.Swift

Se_7_eN

This might sound crazy....

I was walking along the road, back to my settlement at Starlight Drive-In when I saw a man standing in the middle of the road up ahead... I continued on my way and while he was still a good distance away, he held up his arm and waved at me, then disappeared.

I thought maybe he had fallen through the ground, so I used TCL to check and there was no one there... I looked around to try and find any followers or Brahmin but there were none.

I had saved a little bit before, so I loaded up my save and followed my steps back to the spot. He wasn't there, nor were any NPC's on the road or nearby. They have always been in the same spot when I loaded a save, so if it was a trader, he would have been there again.

Anyone else see this disappearing man?

AwShucks

Well then, I saved and reloaded. Still think I should have gone with my initial instinct. We'll see how this plays out.

Edit: yep should have stuck with my choice. This is what I originally thought would be the case early in the game. Not that it's bad but I was hoping I wasn't right.

Basketball

Main story ending spoilers + info on how I got a good-ish ending:

I just beat all four endings, finishing with the Minutemen as my permanent one.

I was disappointed by how similar the three non-Institute ones are, and by how little good/interesting stuff the Institute one leaves you with. I originally wanted to side with the Institute, but I ended up not doing it because of the world state it produces. I need Deacon alive so he can keep being my bartender at The Castle, and I'll take that over hanging with the Institute board any day.

Somehow I managed the right sequence of quests to allow me to remain friendly with both the Railroad and the Brotherhood, while using the Minutemen to defeat the Institute. That's by far the most appealing outcome for me, since it lets me keep doing Railroad and Brotherhood stuff + hanging with Deacon in my bar.

In case anyone is having trouble getting to a similar world state, here's roughly what I did:
- Warn the Brotherhood about Mass Fusion. It's VERY important that you only talk to Proctor Ingram. If you talk to Captain Kells, you will likely get the kill order quest and become an enemy of the Railroad.
- Collect the Mass Fusion core. Get the Ad Victorium quest, but don't do anything with it. At this point, you should also get a quest to talk to Preston.
- I also got an additional quest to inform Desdemona that my cover was blown. I opted not to complete this until after doing the rest of the below steps.
- Go talk to Preston. He may ask you to acquire more settlements before taking on the Institute.
- Enter the Institute through the tunnel Sturges discovers and storm it with the Minutemen.
- Get the Minutemen ending, while keeping the Brotherhood and the Railroad in tact. Woohoo!
- Go talk to Desdemona about your cover being blown and then talk to Preston to clean up that quest. You'll have a very odd conversation with Desdemona about how you need to find another way to defeat the Institute, despite it already being very exploded.

I stumbled upon this yesterday by chance

I hate the fact in the others ending they make you kill some cool characters and quest givers +
companions ignore you forever Danse etc
but I can't even finish the fkn game cus of the monsignor area crash (all from CIT ruins to Ticonderoga constantly crashes if i enter that area )

8hODDFe.gif

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm starting to think it's not possible for me to finish this game. As somebody who likes squashing the quest list, this game makes me anxious when it keeps growing the longer I play.

Roni

Gold Member
Fuck Strong (not literally, of course, because gross) but he's the WORST companion. The most boring too.

I put him in the Sunshine Co-Op thing where it's full of dead ghoul bodies. He should feel at home with all the dead body to eat. /sorrynotsorry

My brother really enjoyed him as a Companion. He's neither here nor there for me...

Cait surprised me a lot, didn't think she'd be so useful and her story so sad. I like Curie a lot too, but I haven't seen what she becomes when she
gets her body

Codsworth and Dogmeat are great too. I
Nick is probably my male pick. Danse is too uptight, MacCready is too pesky, Garvey too much of an idealist.

Haven't played with Deacon yet...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

That's glorious. I like your version of the story better.

So... are the charisma speech checks completely random? I've got about 5 points, 6, with my hat, and I've twice failed a 'medium' level speech choice.

Seems a bit fishy.

I had a charisma of 2 only and have passed orange speech checks. Charisma improves your chances, but it is a random dice roll essentially.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ah screw it I'm starting over.....the completionist in me won't allow to move on with my life because I accidentally sold the Broadsider and after I checked all the shops and retracing my steps I found no trace of the Weapon so I'm reseting.I even deleted the game install and I'm going to rebuild my PS4 Database just in case afterwards once I reinstall the game.

-So far what I learn in my two previous builds is that roleplaying Perks wise is hard since the Perks are too broad in this game.

-Focusing on one specific Weapon type isn't fun because the amount of Weapons in that specific Weapon category is very limited thanks to the Weapon Mod system artificially increasing "Weapon Variety" when that "Variety" isn't there once everything is said and done because you modded a weapon to the max capacity. Example-There's really only 4 Non Automatic Ballistic Handguns in the game:.44,10mm,Deliverer,and Pipe Gun (Weather it uses .38,.45 or.308 ammo).

-Don't touch Settlement's right away or you will forget the rest of the game exist.

-Try to hard save more than once a day lol

Timeaisis

After getting scrounger, I have over 1000 .45 rounds lol. Kind of feels like cheating. And here I was thinking ammo was scarce in this game.

R0ckman

Lol, I was reading the wiki, apparently if you romance more than one character the game does adapt to that. It seems Piper doesn't want you sleeping around and if not in your party and you are pulling crap she can be seen in Nick's office asking him to keep watch of you. Hilarious if true. I KNEW it was out of character for her to be okay with you being a player.

LOL BRO!!! I literally did the exact same thing, shot him right in the head as soon as those doors opened. I had a save before shooting him though just out of curiosity. lets just say he wouldn't think much of it :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What the hell is with the weird armor upgrades in this game?

I just realized I can put ballistic fiber on hats...but only some of them. Currently trying to just make my character look good with a matching hat for maxson's coat, but the hats I like don't let me upgrade at all. Newspaper boy cap I can though, for an insane 110 resistance. But the Military Cap which looks super similar can't be at all.

Formal Hat? Nope. General's Hat? Nope. Battered Fedora? Yup, can weave it to 110. Sea Captain's Hat? Nope. Makes no sense. I now have 270 defense with the newspaper boy hat and basically have to wear it and not another one I like the look of more.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Having now reloaded and gone through the conversation I'm kind of bummed I questioned my decision. Though I would have missed a lot of info.

But, man, wouldn't it have been glorious if the game actually let you run with that story?

*SPOILERS* Like, if they let you
kidnap the Synth Shaun, take him back to your settlement, and work with the Minutemen or whoever to eliminate the evil Institute?

If only Bethesda's systems allowed for more open-ended narrative.

R0ckman

What the hell is with the weird armor upgrades in this game?

I just realized I can put ballistic fiber on hats...but only some of them. Currently trying to just make my character look good with a matching hat for maxson's coat, but the hats I like don't let me upgrade at all. Newspaper boy cap I can though, for an insane 110 resistance. But the Military Cap which looks super similar can't be at all.

Formal Hat? Nope. General's Hat? Nope. Battered Fedora? Yup, can weave it to 110. Sea Captain's Hat? Nope. Makes no sense. I now have 270 defense with the newspaper boy hat and basically have to wear it and not another one I like the look of more.

Are you on PC? I'm sure a mod will be coming that will allow it on all clothes. Feels dumb it's available for MacCready's Duster but not Preston's.

Replicant

Lol, I was reading the wiki, apparently if you romance more than one character the game does adapt to that. It seems Piper doesn't want you sleeping around and if not in your party and you are pulling crap she can be seen in Nick's office asking him to keep watch of you. Hilarious if true. I KNEW it was out of character for her to be okay with you being a player.

She is SO THIRSTY for my character. I don't want to romance her and the option to romance her kept popping out. I just wanted her perk before I ditched her.

Oh God, I sound so awful now that I said that outloud. Still, is there any advantage of doing her mission after I got her perk?

Papercuts

Are you on PC? I'm sure a mod will be coming that will allow it on all clothes. Feels dumb it's available for MacCready's Duster but not Preston's.

PS4 sadly, lol.

It's already weird enough that armor has a 'thickness' without really showing you which doesn't allow armor pieces overtop, but I have no idea how these upgradable hats are even decided.

BLunted

Banned
It's already weird enough that armor has a 'thickness' without really showing you which doesn't allow armor pieces overtop,

It does. when you highlight a piece of armour or clothing in the pip-boy, it will flash which slots on the body that piece of armour occupies.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah this felt really dumb to me because I wouldn't mind going through the game with Preston's Colonial Duster but the Defense is too paper thin for the difficulty I'm playing on so I went with MacCready's Duster.

Sullichin

(small side quest) Kid
in a fridge
is up there with my favorite moments from this game. I was laughing when
I sold the kid to the creep for 200 caps and then killed the creep. Kid called me an asshole
. First time the dialogue really matched up with my intentions (
As I told the kid I was just tricking the guy for his money, which is what I hoped I could do
)

Papercuts

It does. when you highlight a piece of armour or clothing in the pip-boy, it will flash which slots on the body that piece of armour occupies.

...I have no idea how I never noticed that, wow.

Still, the hat thing seems dumb unless I am also missing something there. :p

UberLevi

Aw shucks...

MauroNL

Anyone seen one of these famous faces recreated in Fallout 4? Some are pretty amazing.

Joker and Harley Quinn
fallout-4-character-detail-faces-1.jpg

Abraham Lincoln
fallout-4-character-detail-faces-7.jpg

Taylor Swift
fallout-4-character-detail-faces-2.jpg

Vladimir Putin
fallout-4-character-detail-faces-6.jpg

Nicolas Cage
fallout-4-character-detail-faces-8.jpg

Grisby

The higher the charisma the greater the chance. I never failed a single check once my charisma got to 11. Not one.

The only check I can recall failing is one with Brandis, but I just reloaded and passed it.

LOL
Same, 11 and I haven't failed one yet. (I have Rank 1 Lady Killer/Black Widow though)
Pretty much...even with 10+ Charisma and Lady Killer/Black Widow Perk the Speech Check "Color" doesn't change and your more likely to pass instead of failing but a 1 Charisma character can still pass the Speech Checks that a 10+ Charisma character can.
I had a charisma of 2 only and have passed orange speech checks. Charisma improves your chances, but it is a random dice roll essentially.
Hrm, seems more random than the other games, or maybe I had more charisma points.

Welp, might just roll with it or choke on some mentats.

Faenix1

Anyone seen one of these famous faces recreated in Fallout 4? Some are pretty amazing.

All those make me sad that I suck so badly at customizing characters.

I wish they had an import feature like Mass Effect (if I recall right) did, that let you use other peoples creations. Would of rather done that and tweaked it than try to make my lame ass character look good. lol

Is it even worth upgrading early levels of armor (like leather/raider pieces), or should you just wait until you've picked up high-quality equipment before getting into that stuff?

I'm afraid I'll upgrade a bunch of pieces of equipment, which will in turn drain me of half (or more) of my resources and result in me not being able to upgrade the better stuff that I'll inevitably stumble across somewhere down the line.

Top Bottom