• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's random but more likely if your defense is poor in comparison to the sum of your food and water rating. It also seems to not matter if you build walls, sometimes enemies will be dumped into the middle of settlements. Can someone confirm though? Is it possible to build walls to keep the fight outside of the settlement?

I can confirm that walls do nothing besides look cool. Enemies can and will spawn inside of the settlements themselves regardless of walls.

justjim89

Got my Hot Rod Red X01 armor, getting towards the endgame, feeling good. Just finished
Mass Fusion and severed my ties with The Brotherhood.
I honestly can't tell which group is more malevolent,
The Brotherhood or The Institute. The Institute are kinda traditionally creepy and evil, but the Brotherhood are xenophobic gun nuts that want everything for themselves and see the middle ground on nothing.
They're like if The Tea Party survived the apocalypse.

Also, it's complete bullshit you don't get any XP for
curing Virgil.

I hate searching for information around the time of a popular game's release. So many junk websites basically copy & paste nonsense that you can't easily filter them out. The Wikia is handy for basic stuff, but because it covers all 3+ other games, it's a bit messy.

Anyway, as far as I understand, Criticals cannot occur outside of VATS unless some special perk / drug is involved. Do you guys know which ones? I'm specifically curious about Criticals outside of VATS for Melee.

haikira

Have a story chain mission bugging out for me. The quest is named "Human Error".

There's an optional objective to
investigate an attacked caravan. I spent about fifteen minutes searching for clues, and eventually looked up a youtube video to see what I was missing. Turns out it was a can of soda on the ground, which is branded as "Deezer's".

The problem is,
I can't pick the damn thing up. Well, to be exact, I can actually lift it up, and set it down again, but I can't actually collect it, nor can I get the optional objective to register. I've tried fast travelling away, then back again, as well as asking a human companion to pick it up for me. Neither of those worked.

Any tips or tricks? I'd be very grateful.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Well.... Those were a few hours wasted over nothing.
That's one of the reasons some PC players are looking forward to the GECK release because they want to look inside the game to get a good look at all the possible spawn points of enemies in Settlements.

Ok, I think I linked the settlements I could, do those settlements automatically shared my junk now?.

The robots farm settlement have lots of food I think I will send some help there.

Mmmm how do I send more people there

stufte

Me every night at home:

w7eVZeW.gif

I can confirm that walls do nothing besides look cool. Enemies can and will spawn inside of the settlements themselves regardless of walls.

Ha! After walling up Sanctuary, I decided against doing so for the rest because it was a PITA. Happy to learn that they serve no real purpose other than to make it look more wastelandy.

Which reminds me, I ignored a 'Ghoul problem at ____' quest and it eventually failed. I should go check out the remains...

Ok, I think I linked the settlements I could, do those settlements automatically shared my junk now?.

The robots farm settlement have lots of food I think I will send some help there.

Mmmm how do I send more people there

They share materials from Junk but not items. AKA: It's not really a shared storage. If you leave a Missile Launcher at Sanctuary and go to another settlement that has a trade route with it, you cannot get your Missile Launcher there. But you can build objects as if all the Materials were shared. It may work with Mods, too, but I haven't confirmed that.

Have a story chain mission bugging out for me. The quest is named "Human Error".

There's an optional objective to
investigate an attacked caravan. I spent about fifteen minutes searching for clues, and eventually looked up a youtube video to see what I was missing. Turns out it was a can of soda on the ground, which is branded as "Deezer's".

The problem is,
I can't pick the damn thing up. Well, to be exact, I can actually lift it up, and set it down again, but I can't actually collect it, nor can I get the optional objective to register. I've tried fast travelling away, then back again, as well as asking a human companion to pick it up for me. Neither of those worked.

Any tips or tricks? I'd be very grateful.

The Deezer's Lemonade on the Caravan should just be on a dead guy.

There are other clues, though.
You can talk to Penny if your speech is good or go into the house on your left as you come in to access the terminal in the "main house" or hack the terminal straight up. There are also notes lying around, but these don't lead to any progress on the quest.

People playing this on Xbone, what is your save file size? I ask because my console seems like it's been killed by Fallout. Not long ago I had an issue trying to load the game where it would freeze on the title screen. I could go back to home and move around the UI but couldn't load anything else. I solved this by deleting my installation, and removing the save off my console. Reinstalled, sync'd with the save from Live, it was good.

But I noticed my file save was huge, over 1GB IIRC. Well now the issue is happening again, and my save is almost 900MB in size. Whats strange is my sons is only like 118MB. Try to load, crash. Hard reboot... the system booted up as if it was the first time I'd ever used it. Next reboot, "Home failed to load". I deleted my save and tried to just sync again without deleting the installation, about 35 minutes of syncing got me nowhere. Never even started the progress bar for the sync.

Any other Xbone or console players experience this?

haikira

The Deezer's Lemonade on the Caravan should just be on a dead guy.

There are other clues, though.
You can talk to Penny if your speech is good or go into the house on your left as you come in to access the terminal in the "main house" or hack the terminal straight up. There are also notes lying around, but these don't lead to any progress on the quest.

Thanks.

Machina

Banned
I've just completed Institutionalized, and suddenly I realize that despite being 65 hours into this game, I am nowhere near the end of the road.

Beefy

the problem with investing time in setting up settlements is that there is no point =[

Yes there is? Shit loads of coin, shite loads of purified water, shit loads of food. I just sell the excess, ilI have like 400 Tato's, 200 water etc. Then you have the stores etc.

Matt Frost

Could always just have Dogmeat fetch it for you without any picking involved.

I tried to do that with no result :( No Cryo gun for me... Dogmeat didnt fetch it

Also, where is this island where you can have a setting that can be attacked by supermutants? I forgot the name. My settlement is huge but boring as nothing ever happens there...

I've played this game too much, I'm burnt out lol.

Will pick it up sometime soon eventually I finally got to the Institute. Will take a break before I finish the game.

Lanrutcon

If you want your settlement attacked: ensure your food + water is a lot more than your defense. Otherwise, it'll only happen once in a blue moon if ever.

Max Gauss > max .50 sniper (hunting) rifle > max .303 sniper (combat) rifle. Then, you add in legendary prefix, two shot, explosive and etc.

Thanks! Right now I have leveled up the Rifleman perk but not the energy weapons one, so sounds like I should focus on finding a Legendary hunting rifle while waiting to level up the energy weapons.

So apparently my melee character can beat power armor users so hard their fusion cores pop out and explode.

Did not see that coming. :lol

sora87

Ok, I've given up on the plat. The level 3 medic clinics only make my happiness go up by 1, i'm at 91 so I'd have to build 9 more, I've already got 14 and I can't be bothered doing the caps trick again and waiting days to sell all the stuff. Hopefully they patch it and I can get the plat but until then, fuck it.

Lanrutcon

Caps are useless. I pay in fusion cores or missiles. They are worth a ton, common as fuck and weigh nothing. Don't see why caps is even a currency. Vendors with 50k worth of stock carry 250 caps? ..sure sure.

ZangBa

I don't know if my game is glitched or whatever, but I never unlocked this balistic mod for armor. I ran out of DIA quests and all I get are these MILA ones people said don't matter.

Also, had something funny happen where I attacked a raider in VATS and he turned into ice as I slit his throat, then exploded. lol.

Beefy

Caps are useless. I pay in fusion cores or missiles. They are worth a ton, common as fuck and weigh nothing. Don't see why caps is even a currency. Vendors with 50k worth of stock carry 250 caps? ..sure sure.

Yeah Max I have seen a pwrson carry is 350.

Brokun

So apparently my melee character can beat power armor users so hard their fusion cores pop out and explode.

Did not see that coming. :lol

There is a perk that allows you to do this on your own power armor as sort of like a grenade/defense. Are you sure it's not just the enemies doing this on purpose?

Beefy

I don't know if my game is glitched or whatever, but I never unlocked this balistic mod for armor. I ran out of DIA quests and all I get are these MILA ones people said don't matter.

Also, had something funny happen where I attacked a raider in VATS and he turned into ice as I slit his throat, then exploded. lol.

Has your gun got a Cryo effect?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I had a very weird and annoying bug on my last playthrough that happened every time I used an Elevator.The Elevator Voice/Computer would say "Going Up" all the time even if I was actually going down and that made me disoriented when I was exploring a building.

Thankfully that bug doesn't seem to be present in this current playthrough.

R0ckman

People playing this on Xbone, what is your save file size? I ask because my console seems like it's been killed by Fallout. Not long ago I had an issue trying to load the game where it would freeze on the title screen. I could go back to home and move around the UI but couldn't load anything else. I solved this by deleting my installation, and removing the save off my console. Reinstalled, sync'd with the save from Live, it was good.

But I noticed my file save was huge, over 1GB IIRC. Well now the issue is happening again, and my save is almost 900MB in size. Whats strange is my sons is only like 118MB. Try to load, crash. Hard reboot... the system booted up as if it was the first time I'd ever used it. Next reboot, "Home failed to load". I deleted my save and tried to just sync again without deleting the installation, about 35 minutes of syncing got me nowhere. Never even started the progress bar for the sync.

Is this the Skyrim mess again?

Xion_Stellar

6 crank laser rifle is op.
I used to think that until it didn't make a dent on the HP of a Super Mutant Overlord when my Spectacle Island Settlement got attacked.

How many saves you keeping?

I just checked, my saved files equal to around 85 megabyte.

v0mitg0d

I picked up the Overseers rifle, added some mods and am killing most things in 1-2 hits. Playing on Hard. Should I push it up to Very Hard?

Top Bottom