• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

stufte

So in that comic book store i found the
Silver Shroud
costume and i really dig it. But in terms of defense it's absolutely terrible compared to my other outfit that consisted of a BOS suit with armor pieces, overall i have a 90 next to the shield icon, the other outfit barely reaches 20 i believe.

Is it possible with perks to make that outfit just as strong? So that i can just keep wearing that for the rest of the game if i wanted to? Or do those armorer perks only count for armor pieces?

It's upgradable twice (i think) if you take it back to the radio dude. Stats get really nice after the upgrades

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
About to do the same, about to get the PC version on steam. Already have it on PS4, but I want to have a file where I can have a little more fun with mods. Might as well do the order now.

Xbox One controller okay for the PC version?

Should work, yeah. I'm tempted to get the PC version for mods, but they'll be on console eventually.

For you guys on PC that feel the game is too easy, yall show try this mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3455/?

Some enemies now scale to 10-50 levels higher than you regardless of your level. Makes the game feel hella dangerous even at late game.

Look at this gif, im level 17 in this gif, and this dude is over level 50.
giphy.gif

And that area is in the lower level area around sanctuary.

Check out them shadows too.
God I love mods.

Rflagg

I can't seem to raise my happiness higher then 80 no matter what I try.
I tried placing a ton of paintings, rugs, and other decor. I even have a working jukebox and TV (not that the TV does anything)

Is there anyway to clean up random non-salvageable garbage or fix broken parts of buildings?

Yes. After you complete the Silver Shroud quest and
you save Kent at the very end, he upgrades the Silver Shroud costume into armor at levels 25, 35 and 45. Once you hit each one of those levels, you just turn on your radio to Silver Shroud radio when you're in / nearby Goodneighbor and he'll tell you to come see him.

It's upgradable twice (i think) if you take it back to the radio dude. Stats get really nice after the upgrades

Sweet! Awesome!

how much of the main storyline is left after
'the molecular level'
? i've read that that's a good point to hard save if you wanna redo all the missions so i'm thinking of just doing all the other quests before continuing.

gosox333

I'm like 15 hours in and it's definitely a Bethesda game. Or should I say Gambryo game? A game made with the engine of Bethesda lol.

It's pretty awesome, it's been about 2 years since I've played a modern Fallout and I forgot just how into things I get. Complain about the RPG mechanics and the story all you want, but the game encourages and rewards you for exploring the world, and that's the most important thing for me.

I'd say it's more of a 3 rather than a New Vegas, which while is just a little disappointing, isn't a bad thing. NV was my favorite game of all time, so that's kind of a high bar. 3 was still amazing so it's nothing to be upset about.

Of course I'm far from finished, I guess I'll have a more complete opinion when I do.

psylah

Someone earlier mentioned holding X on something you constructed to move it as a whole.

I tried it on my massive floating city platform and the framerate dropped to single digits, lol.

Dunwich Borers is a whole pile of nope.

It's a good spot for farming Power Armor. The guy there respawns every couple of days.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Do clinics add more to happiness than the other shops? Excluding weapons/armor, since they don't contribute anything apparently.

--

I ran into this last night. Two bears, frozen in the air.

z5JEi3m.jpg

I walked towards their midpoint, and a glowing deathclaw jumped out. It almost felt like a deliberate trap. The bears could then be shot down with a single bullet, already dead.

DjRalford

I ran around Sanctuary for a good 10 minutes this afternoon trying to find Preston, after ringing the bell and him not turning up, he was on the roof of one of the houses just standing there like a stupid mofo, i wouldn't mind but there were no stairs to get him up there.

Also whats with all the brahmins jammed in walls, i had two heads poking through the wall by my power armour station, and a brahmin ass poking through the wall of a building on the other side, i had the head, and the ass, and the wall is definitely not thick enough to hide the whole body so wtf is going on.

Do clinics add more to happiness than the other shops? Excluding weapons/armor, since they don't contribute anything apparently.

--

I ran into this last night. Two bears, frozen in the air.

z5JEi3m.jpg

I walked towards their midpoint, and a glowing deathclaw jumped out. It almost felt like a deliberate trap. The bears could then be shot down with a single bullet, already dead.

I wonder if I ran into the exact same bears! I think I saw them going northwest from the Dunwich Borers quarry heading towards the insane asylum. I was on a highway overpass the Gunners had turned into a forward base when I looked out and saw floating bears in the distance.

About to do the same, about to get the PC version on steam. Already have it on PS4, but I want to have a file where I can have a little more fun with mods. Might as well do the order now.

Xbox One controller okay for the PC version?

Not only does it work, its the only way you should be playing it.

N° 2048

I wonder if I ran into the exact same bears! I think I saw them going northwest from the Dunwich Borers quarry heading towards the insane asylum. I was on a highway overpass the Gunners had turned into a forward base when I looked out and saw floating bears in the distance.

yooo same place here! Two of them and a Deathclaw near?

I shot them and they fell down.

Chitown B

For you guys on PC that feel the game is too easy, yall show try this mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3455/?

Some enemies now scale to 10-50 levels higher than you regardless of your level. Makes the game feel hella dangerous even at late game.

Look at this gif, im level 17 in this gif, and this dude is over level 50.
giphy.gif

And that area is in the lower level area around sanctuary.

Check out them shadows too.
God I love mods.

how do you see their level like that? Is that a PC thing? Xbox here.

or is that a perk?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

yooo same place here! Two of them and a Deathclaw near?

I shot them and they fell down.
Whoa, trippy. Yeah, it was up in the northeast corner. I assumed it was a fluke glitch, not something that might recur (or be planned?) for others' games.

I hate searching for information around the time of a popular game's release. So many junk websites basically copy & paste nonsense that you can't easily filter them out. The Wikia is handy for basic stuff, but because it covers all 3+ other games, it's a bit messy.

Anyway, as far as I understand, Criticals cannot occur outside of VATS unless some special perk / drug is involved. Do you guys know which ones? I'm specifically curious about Criticals outside of VATS for Melee.

So I found out what I was thinking of:

1)
The final Perk of "Basher" for using the Gun Smash allows critical hits outside of VATS
2)
The "Overdrive" chem gives you +25% chance of crits including outside of VATS

skyhaven

Neo Member
Decided to reroll semi-auto pistol user to abuse Kellogg's gun.
Every time it does a critical hit, the AP is refilled.
Pretty sweet way for infinite VAT chain, a pity the .44 ammo is kinda rare.

johnsmith

remember me
Good god, Institute laser turrets are the toughest enemy in the game. Literally nothing else I've fought shreds through my health so fast, even in power armor.

Faenix1

Quest order question, I guess. I'll just Spoiler it.
Alright. I'm told if I do Railroads Tradecraft quest I can't do the Institutes Plugging a Leak quest. Can I join the Institute without progressing the main quest? I'm -still- at Jewel of the Commonwealth main quest-wise. The one main quest title sounds like it revolves around them so I'm not sure.
I plan to do the "save at specific spots" method, but I also want as much EXP as I possible can. So I'd rather not miss out on a quest if I don't have too.

Thinking of Ballistic Weave:
Is there any semi-nice looking under clothes that is ballistic Weaveable? Getting tired of the 111 Jumpsuit but it's 15+ across the board so it's hard to find a replacement. I was hoping Cait's Corset or even the harness could be, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Need something nice to go with sturdy Combat Armour that isn't freaking blue. lol

Is there any way to bring the Synth companions (
Danse, MacCready, maybe even Curie
) to the railroad for 'processing'? My favorite is taking the revelation pretty hard, and I'd like to offer them a new lease on existence.

End game quest questions.

I just started the battle at bunker hill.

does it matter which side I do yet? I want to make a save before the pivitol quest so I can see all endings

Rflagg

Yes. After you complete the Silver Shroud quest and
you save Kent at the very end, he upgrades the Silver Shroud costume into armor at levels 25, 35 and 45. Once you hit each one of those levels, you just turn on your radio to Silver Shroud radio when you're in / nearby Goodneighbor and he'll tell you to come see him.

O crap so I hope I am not sol on the
level 25 upgrade because I did the quest were you first get the outfit at level 31

Side note mind blown I figure the bos stuff was to big to use with armor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If it's gonna happen they need start working right the fuck now, those games are not easy to make. But it's not like it's gonna happen anyway, which is too bad because it makes perfect sense from a business perspective.

There's quite a bit of dlc coming. This would probably be one of them, not a new game

Top Bottom