• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

So I kill a legendary raider scumbag on a rickety wooden walkway over water, look down to pick up the gun he had. Before I even had a chance to hit x doge meat inexplicably runs out of nowhere knocking it into the water. What an asshole.

Couldn't you just dive in after it? Aquaboy/girl perk exists for that reason. It's saved me quite a few headaches.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Couldn't you just dive in after it? Aquaboy/girl perk exists for that reason. It's saved me quite a few headaches.

I was wearing a power suit at the time and didnt really wanna wade around five minutes for what was probably a laser pistol anyway. It was just the principle of it. Traitorous good for nothing mutt. *edit* i was tired and completely forgot you can just get out of the power suit.

Are the Minutemen short missions endless like Quartermaster and Cleansing The Commonwealth?

Nick Valentine is a boss. Would love a spin-off game.

wanna become unkillable the legal way without any abuse while only wearing a dress and a fedora ?

Now you can . NOT A JOKE !

AWESOME! and not an exploit.

You can learn this mod without reaching point of no return in faction: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_weave

Learning this mod only requires doing a few missions for the Railroad faction. One wishing to join other factions should be able to safely learn this mod and move on, with the exception of those who have already reached "point of no return" missions with conflicting factions.

So I haven't really been following the OT and I just found out that Idiot Savant is really the way to go when it comes to leveling up. I have my character at 10 intelligence at this point so am I screwed now or should I just get the Idiot Savant perk and hope for the best.

R0ckman

So I haven't really been following the OT and I just found out that Idiot Savant is really the way to go when it comes to leveling up. I have my character at 10 intelligence at this point so am I screwed now or should I just get the Idiot Savant perk and hope for the best.

At Intelligence 6 I was getting the perk quite often if that means anything.

Where do the prompts to "defend x settlement" appear? I'm on PC and I never see them. It's really annoying. I feel like they should be found under misc. quests or something. Nothing is worse than fast traveling and seeing the message, "You failed to defend X settlement".

I'm a bit frustrated with companions too. I am 2 points in to Lone Wanderer and trying to work on Piper. The difference in the amount I can carry and damage I take with a buddy is very noticeable and I'm even in the best power armor. I feel like when I am by myself I rarely use healing items. When I am with a buddy I am popping water all the time with 1600+ DEF

Also, Piper won't level up fast...hurry up. I'm locking picking everything and helping people along minutemen questline. She just admires me now and I was able to flirt with her once. Anyone know how much longer till the next dialouge prompts?

Edit: I might just ditch companions all together. Who needs them and their perks when you can become a talking tank in power armor?

12 hours in. Playing on PC without any mods.

Finished killing Kellogg - them synths be everywhere.

Posting my general impressions.

It's definitely Fallout.
Looting is as good as ever.
Characters are getting interesting.
Getting those 'moments' in different ways.
Figuring out settlements can be a chore but is so fun once you figure it out.

+ Colours! Looks sharp and detailed.
+ Voiced protagonist is actually alright.
+ Environment and The Commonwealth showed off nicely.
+ Shooting seems so better and satisfactory response in different ranges.
+ VATS is amazing now, totally into the slow-down effect forcing you to be quicker.
+ Customization of so much opens a lot of funny ideas.
+ Atmosphere is setup with great background music, also radios are great.
+ The 'sort' feature in Pip-Boy finally.
+ Challenging difficulty is shaped up from actual mechanics (radiation, enemy variants, choice consequences)
+ Locations (especially cities) feel more substantial.
+ Some storylines are going places.

- So much of the HUD/UI is poorly recycled that it's embarrassing.
- Vague and lack of tutorials on new features.
- Ridiculous kind of bugs/glitches still pop up.
- Companions can still screw you up.
- Terrible layout of dialogue.
- Some storylines are just ehh ... going places.

Hahs

Actually, it plainly says - the lower the intelligence, the higher the effect. If your INT is maxed out - it would seem a bit pointless to have the IDIOT SAVANT perk that doesn't reward you because your INT is already maxed....it's barely a paradox, but personally if my INT was maxed - I could do without hearing
that loud and obnoxious"DUH-HUH-HUH" laugh
after every other 'here-and-there".

v0mitg0d

Okay I don't understand supply lines.

I have three set up in this order.

Sanctuary (A) to Star Light (B) in to Grey Garden (C).

All my stuff is in Sanctuary but I can't see it in the workshop in GG.

**** Welp janky is janky lol

Did you give it 24 hours? I've had it just randomly not work before too. Just had to reset the supply line.

Guide here:

http://youtu.be/6nmuIS6wnFo

R0ckman

Thinking about getting this on PC as well, would 750 GTX be okay for this? My friend is willing to help me swap out the card in the future if I want to go down PC path mainly, everything else is fine. I don't care about pushing to the limits, above or equal to the consoles is good enough. Tried asking a seller of gaming PC modifications about it but the customer service said it was my responsibility to already know? Lol, wtf is the point of the customer service department then?

johnsmith

remember me
Actually, it plainly says - the lower the intelligence, the higher the effect. If your INT is maxed out - it would seem a bit pointless to have the IDIOT SAVANT perk that doesn't reward you because your INT is already maxed....it's barely a paradox, but personally if my INT was maxed - I could do without hearing
that loud and obnoxious"DUH-HUH-HUH" laugh
after every other 'here-and-there".
Someone did the math and showed that at any level of INT it's worth it to pick up idiot savant.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Hahs

Someone did the math and showed that at any level of INT it's worth it to pick up idiot savant.
Yeah, I could see that - it's not like the perk isn't giving out anything - have maxd INT and the IDIOT SAVANT just for that extra 'umph' - I get it.

But from the perspective of balance of the I.Savant perk (which is now irrelevant at this point in the conversation) - it will not be fully realized with maxed out INT - which I think was somewhere in the initial question.

Where do the prompts to "defend x settlement" appear? I'm on PC and I never see them. It's really annoying. I feel like they should be found under misc. quests or something. Nothing is worse than fast traveling and seeing the message, "You failed to defend X settlement".

Yes. They do appear in miscellaneous quests list.

I feel really dumb - for the longest time, the only sniper rifle I found was a pipe sniper rifle with a high fire rate. I didn't clue in to the fact that I could take a high damage combat rifle and MAKE it a sniper rifle. Now I'm one-shotting some raider heads finally. Anyone know what the best gun to turn into a sniper rifle is?

I feel really dumb - for the longest time, the only sniper rifle I found was a pipe sniper rifle with a high fire rate. I didn't clue in to the fact that I could take a high damage combat rifle and MAKE it a sniper rifle. Now I'm one-shotting some raider heads finally. Anyone know what the best gun to turn into a sniper rifle is?

Combat rifle for sure, especially if you can find a unique one.

^ will try to find a better suited Legendary combat rifle for the job (a double damage would, I imagine, be the best bet). And Gauss Rifle sounds like a fun one to scope up! Thanks.

knitoe

Max Gauss > max .50 sniper (hunting) rifle > max .303 sniper (combat) rifle. Then, you add in legendary prefix, two shot, explosive and etc.

d00d3n

I destroyed the thumb rubber padding on my mouse playing fallout 4 for 100 hours. How can I get my money back from Bethesda?

Question, since my character is always overweight with junk stuff on random travels , I save all my travel junk on random workshops I found on random settlements, Do all workshops shared the same junk or I have to travel to those workshops to recolect the junk and put it on Sanctuary?

Chitown B

Found an X01 power armor in the
Glowing Sea in the middle of nowhere underground in a lab overtaken by synths.
. Almost missed it at the bottom. Love this exploration.

Hahs

Question, since my character is always overweight with junk stuff on random travels , I save all my travel junk on random workshops I found on random settlements, Do all workshops shared the same junk or I have to travel to those workshops to recolect the junk and put it on Sanctuary?
I find those conveniently useful for when I am encumbered while enroute somewhere, but they are not linked - linkage via settlements only.

Personally, I just offload at one of my main settlements before each excursion.

Question : i want to do a melee sneak reroll character. I see online the One Punch Man build focusing on both Iron Fist perk (punching damage) and blacksmith (melee mods) but using melee weapons isn't punching ? Or there are some melee that are considered punching like knuckles or power fist maybe ?

If you establish a "trade route", those settlements will share Junk as it pertains to you having materials available to construct objects. Stuff like Weapons and all that only exist in a given settlement's Workbench.

I find those conveniently useful for when I am encumbered while enroute somewhere, but they are not linked - linkage via settlements only.

Personally, I just offload at one of my main settlements before each excursion.

If you establish a "trade route", those settlements will share Junk as it pertains to you having materials available to construct objects. Stuff like Weapons and all that only exist in a given settlement's Workbench.

I guess I have to visit Concord since is not a settlement but put some junk on the weapon workshop there

Valus

Question : i want to do a melee sneak reroll character. I see online the One Punch Man build focusing on both Iron Fist perk (punching damage) and blacksmith (melee mods) but using melee weapons isn't punching ? Or there are some melee that are considered punching like knuckles or power fist maybe ?

There are very few fist weapons in this game unfortunately. The only good ones as far as I know are the Deathclaw Gauntlet and the Power Fist. They are classified as unarmed weapons, but benefit from melee buffs like Ninja.

Really not proud of what I just did.
I finally reached the point in Blind Betrayal where just by talking with the BOS general it made me enemies with the railroad. I just went down to the church basement and murdered every last one of them. Desdemona and Tinker Tom were the hardest. They didn't suffer, headshots with a .44 for everyone. Now I have to choose between the Brotherhood or the Institute. I guess my son's dying so what the hell, might as well go that way.

It let me get pretty far trying to please everyone, but I would have appreciated some more dialog options that let me change the course of the quest.
I really wanted to free those synths, too. 😯

R0ckman

Looks like there is a ballistics mod out there for people interested. Armor Modification Expanded. Allows you to add ballistics to all garments instead of the hat drawn selection in the vanilla game.

There are very few fist weapons in this game unfortunately. The only good ones as far as I know are the Deathclaw Gauntlet and the Power Fist. They are classified as unarmed weapons, but benefit from melee buffs like Ninja.

I then need these perks and luck to get the legendary power fist that stack dmg after each hit on the same target lol

Hahs

Or there are some melee that are considered punching like knuckles or power fist maybe ?
Exactly this.

Tire Irons, Machetes, Pool Cues, etc...pretty much any weapon you can swing like a stick is melee.

Anything that has to do with actual punching is considered the other half of that perk tree.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Looks like there is a ballistics mod out there for people interested. Armor Modification Expanded. Allows you to add ballistics to all garments instead of the hat drawn selection in the vanilla game.
Going to be months for us PS4 users to have have access to that because we still don't have a time frame for Mod support on Consoles or heck there's not even a date for the GECK on PC yet.

R0ckman

I wasted so much time rebuilding the sanctuary and not once has it been attacked lol.

It's random but more likely if your defense is poor in comparison to the sum of your food and water rating. It also seems to not matter if you build walls, sometimes enemies will be dumped into the middle of settlements. Can someone confirm though? Is it possible to build walls to keep the fight outside of the settlement?

Top Bottom