• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

psylah

How do you break down items?

I can't seem to find the option.

Trying to get the castle up to 100, it's sat at 80 for ages so i hung out for about an hour sleeping and building stuff, 81.

Oh dear this is going to take a while.
Go to a armor or weapon workbench and there is a scrap option you can use. You can't scrap unique weapons or armor.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Am I making it up or did I read of some bug about not being able to do something if you do one of the minutemen quests before the BOS show up? or something like that?

N° 2048

Yooo I love that Scrapped Rank 2 highlights components you've tagged but the glow is pretty much only visible in the dead of night.

Makes you go hunting for components at night.

ncslamm

So as my first fallout game and play through I've got to say i'm having a blast. The only thing that is annoying are the settlements which I don't really care about and I always seem to carry too much. Other than that it's great. Mostly using pistols and the gunslinger perk. Also working on sneak and lock picking as well as some in the luck tree. Didn't really know what I was doing at the beginning when assigning SPECIAL points but i'll work with it. As much fun as I'm having i'll likely replay it again and i'll have a better idea of what to do.

This is awesome, but the guy gives up too easily. If people can get to max level in wow without fighting, he can at least unlock the level 3 stores.
http://www.pcgamer.com/playing-fallout-4-without-ever-leaving-sanctuary/

I think the problem is the "not leaving Sanctuary" bit. At some point you just run out of resources. Though that said, building and recycling just to gain XP seems like a bad idea given the resource shortages.

That might be a fun second playthrough, assuming I don't get bored!

Yooo I love that Scrapped Rank 2 highlights components you've tagged but the glow is pretty much only visible in the dead of night.

Makes you go hunting for components at night.

I have the opposite problem: the green glow is so obvious to me that I sometimes skip over other containers even when they have nice things like ammo in them. The green glow also gets in the way of my screenshots, even after I turn off the HUD in the console.

Jintor

fast travel spawns are fucking amazing. I thought I was used to spawning in the middle of a mob of enemies, but just now I LITERALLY SPAWNED ON TOP OF THREE MINES

Steejee

BOS unlike the Institute has Vertibirds flying all over the wasteland with miniguns attached that will shoot you on site if you are their enemy. That's after they drop a minimum of 2 power armor equipped knights.

Based on their piloting skills I'd say there's not too much to worry about on that front. I think I've seen only one of the last 20 or so Vertibirds not blow up with all hands on board. You'd think the BoS would be more careful with them.

Based on their piloting skills I'd say there's not too much to worry about on that front. I think I've seen only one of the last 20 or so Vertibirds not blow up with all hands on board. You'd think the BoS would be more careful with them.

I was gonna say, it's like I'm supposed to be scared of two people in power armor and a vertibird, except that it's constantly Keystone Kops with them. I wish you could salvage vertibird wreckage, my settlements would be awash in steel for months!

Steejee

I was gonna say, it's like I'm supposed to be scared of two people in power armor and a vertibird, except that it's constantly Keystone Kops with them. I wish you could salvage vertibird wreckage, my settlements would be awash in steel for months!

I'm also greatly amused that the most powerful military force (bar maybe the Institute) on the East Coast gets their asses handed to them by common raiders on a regular basis. I haven't gotten very far in the BoS storyline and I'm already leaning away from them based purely on how incompetent they seem to be.

It is pretty cool/impressive when a drop goes properly and they lay waste to a few Super Mutants, but then they ruin it by getting shot out of the sky by laser rifles or blown to bits by a super mutant suicide. I feel like they should have made Vertibirds near invincible and only had them swoop in, drop off troops from the air, and leave, rather than attempting to land and deploy like they do now.

Still, they look cool for the 10 seconds of flying they do before blowing up, especially when a radiation storm is rolling in.

Act one Spoilers.
I feel like Kellogg was Killed of way to early. Kind of disappointing when you spend a good portion of the game tracking him down just to kill him in one shot

Mahonay

Banned
I'm also greatly amused that the most powerful military force (bar maybe the Institute) on the East Coast gets their asses handed to them by common raiders on a regular basis. I haven't gotten very far in the BoS storyline and I'm already leaning away from them based purely on how incompetent they seem to be.

It is pretty cool/impressive when a drop goes properly and they lay waste to a few Super Mutants, but then they ruin it by getting shot out of the sky by laser rifles or blown to bits by a super mutant suicide. I feel like they should have made Vertibirds near invincible and only had them swoop in, drop off troops from the air, and leave, rather than attempting to land and deploy like they do now.

Still, they look cool for the 10 seconds of flying they do before blowing up, especially when a radiation storm is rolling in.
Lol yeah Brotherhood Vertibirds are just constantly blowing up or crashing around me. They seem to be pretty poorly constructed. Also I've watched them get fired on by Super Mutants and Gunners simultaneously. Looked like some kind of anti-air barrage.

Weebos

Banned
Act one Spoilers.
I feel like Kellogg was Killed of way to early. Kind of disappointing when you spend a good portion of the game tracking him down just to kill him in one shot

You killed him in one shot? It was a struggle for me, he has a stealth boy and everything. I did it pretty early though.

Mahonay

Banned
You killed him in one shot? It was a struggle for me, he has a stealth boy and everything. I did it pretty early though.

I got lucky and found a 50 call n sniper rifle early on that did like 100 dmg
He was just annoying as fuck for me. I kept losing track of him as he moved around the room. When I finally got a bead on him I lit his ass up with the fiery laser gun I was using and he went down almost immediately. Nick distracted him a lot which helped.

Had a weird thing happen last night. I was at a police station near the northeast coast and suddenly came across (spoilers just in case)
two identical named characters shooting each other at a very close distance. Neither paid any attention to me and I couldn't interact with them while they were shooting each other. Finally, one dropped dead, the other holstered his weapon and walked away. I went up to talk to him and he just brushed me off and said he didn't feel like talking right now. Then he walked off and I couldn't find him again. I think these guys were both named Art and completely indistinguishable from one another.

Anyone else seen this? Is there some story significance?

Jintor

Had a weird thing happen last night. I was at a police station near the northeast coast and suddenly came across (spoilers just in case)
two identical named characters shooting each other at a very close distance. Neither paid any attention to me and I couldn't interact with them while they were shooting each other. Finally, one dropped dead, the other holstered his weapon and walked away. I went up to talk to him and he just brushed me off and said he didn't feel like talking right now. Then he walked off and I couldn't find him again. I think these guys were both named something like Ted and completely indistinguishable from one another.

just a random encounter. you probably were in the vicinity too long because that encounter starts with them in a mexican standoff with less mexicans.

anyway, it finally occured to me that every one of my companions except danse should just take one of my like twelve dozen legendary melee weapons

Mahonay

Banned
two identical named characters shooting each other at a very close distance. Neither paid any attention to me and I couldn't interact with them while they were shooting each other. Finally, one dropped dead, the other holstered his weapon and walked away. I went up to talk to him and he just brushed me off and said he didn't feel like talking right now. Then he walked off and I couldn't find him again. I think these guys were both named something like Ted and completely indistinguishable from one another.

Lol nah just a funny gag. I ran into it too.

Effect

Act one Spoilers.

I'm starting to feel that's where the story peaked for me. That perhaps should have been pushed back more.

I've just made it to the
Institute and saw the twist. Got to say pretty underwhelmed by it. It was something I suspected might happen since the progression of time has been weird and we're meant to assume a lot of things. Then there appears to be no dialogue options to talk about the kidnappings, replacing of people, what happens to them, the real shady shit with the labs, etc. By this point you have learned about all these things and no option to push them is present
. That's taken a LOT of wind out the sails as they say. There doesn't appear to be any sense of urgency now. Not like there was a lot before to be honest.
There is still the new quest you're sent on, even if you don't agree to join. Maybe that will change things.

Unless there is something else story wise that appears to push things in a new direction I'm going to be disappointed. Right now FO4 is a lot weaker story wise then Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, especially New Vegas. I'm really wondering at the moment if I want to bother finishing. I'm over 50 hours into the game. A lot of that is because honestly some of the side stuff was more interesting then the main things and I was just exploring. Maybe I should just focus on that instead now.

just a random encounter. you probably were in the vicinity too long because that encounter starts with them in a mexican standoff with less mexicans.

anyway, it finally occured to me that every one of my companions except danse should just take one of my like twelve dozen legendary melee weapons
Gotcha. Yeah I just found someone else mentioning it on a thread somewhere and they indicated there was some dialogue I missed - I guess
one is a Synth and the other is human

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
you dont have to break down junk. Just put it in the workbench, it will be used when you build something.
Btw, breaking down all the worthless pipe guns will make you rich (in screws).

Is this true? I thought you had to break it down, doh.

Act one Spoilers.

I had one fight with Kellogg where he was a pain in the bum and killed me the second time i decided to use the Fatman i found in a locked storeroom. Lets just say it was much easier ;)

Neverwas

does the original score use the same chord progression as part of Daft Punk's Get Lucky? Just slowed down to a crawl? Every time I play I find the song popping into my head lol.

two identical named characters shooting each other at a very close distance. Neither paid any attention to me and I couldn't interact with them while they were shooting each other. Finally, one dropped dead, the other holstered his weapon and walked away. I went up to talk to him and he just brushed me off and said he didn't feel like talking right now. Then he walked off and I couldn't find him again. I think these guys were both named Art and completely indistinguishable from one another.

one is a synth one is human.

It's probably been posted somewhere by now, but I've been avoiding F4 topics for a while now.

But I've found an interesting/funny dialogue, I wanted to share, between two Raiders if you Eavesdrop in
Back Street Apparel
. (The video is not monetized.)

I just love how the game is littered with little things like this, I feel rewarded when I come across them.

The other thing I really enjoy finding, is all the (sometimes hidden) teddy bear 'scenes'. They are hilarious. I've been hunting them to make a personal screenshot compilation.

Pakoe

There is a cheap way to get lots of people to like you. Just send them all to the same place. Ring the bell to get them to all gather around you. Make sure you have Dogmeat with you. Then viciously beat dogmeat in front of everyone with your melee attack until he gets injured then use a stimpack to heal him. Most people will like that. Then sleep for 2 hours and repeat. Its cruel but it works. You need lots of stimpacks though.

*Disclaimer: I do not condone animal abuse. Merely sharing an albeit cruel method of geting multiple companions to like you.

LMAO, bruhhh

I had a Fat Man in my inventory, shot him three times and he was done for in a couple of seconds.

Sarcasm

Okay I don't understand supply lines.

I have three set up in this order.

Sanctuary (A) to Star Light (B) in to Grey Garden (C).

All my stuff is in Sanctuary but I can't see it in the workshop in GG.

**** Welp janky is janky lol

Getting a good collection of fun legendary weapons. My mainstays are still the Vorpal Blade (instigating sword) and Stays Hit (wounding super sledge), but my never-ending .50 sniper rifle is getting a lot of mileage, and I just got an Irradiated Gamma Gun that does over a hundred rads without mods. Still a silly weapon, but this version is sort of useful. Hard to justify four gamma shots, of which I have 200, instead of one .50, of which I have 3000,though.

I also got an enraging gatling laser, but I've yet to find an enemy that survives the crit.

I'm also starting to sort my armor into sets. I've almost got complete Sentinel and Lucky sets, but I'm most excited for the sneaking gear. Planning to add supplementary mods, and then see how much of a ghost I can be in my new X-01.

Okay I don't understand supply lines.

I have three set up in this order.

Sanctuary (A) to Star Light (B) in to Grey Garden (C).

All my stuff is in Sanctuary but I can't see it in the workshop in GG.

Your stuff doesn't literally show up in every connected workshop. Instead, you have access to the raw materials those items would break down into.

So let's say you shove 20 battered clipboards into your Sanctuary workshop. You can't see those clipboards in other workshops when you look at their inventories, but you'll notice that you have access to 40 more wood when you try to build items in connected settlements.

This only applies to items classed as junk (and I think aid, as this also seems to work for crops). Anything that can't be broken down into materials automatically in build mode will not follow supply lines, which means weapons and armor stored in a workshop. You have to remove weapons/armor from your workshop inventory, manually break them down (either in Build Mode or at a weapons/armor workshop), and then drop the raw materials back in your workshop.

Hopefully that makes sense. And yes, the game is shit at explaining this to you all at once, though check the Help menu for better explanations of how the settlement stuff works.

Watevaman

It's probably been posted somewhere by now, but I've been avoiding F4 topics for a while now.

But I've found an interesting/funny dialogue, I wanted to share, between two Raiders if you Eavesdrop in
Back Street Apparel
. (The video is not monetized.)

I just love how the game is littered with little things like this, I feel rewarded when I come across them.

The other thing I really enjoy finding, is all the (sometimes hidden) teddy bear 'scenes'. They are hilarious. I've been hunting them to make a personal screenshot compilation.

This stuff is actually part of why I started investing in stealth. Not only do I get crazy kills now, but I can just chill and listen to the enemies chat without them discovering me.

R0ckman

Bug? Did the Atom Cats Quest, Zeke gave me his jacket and jeans instead of the generic Atom Cats jacket and jeans.

Ran across Brother Andrew and some weird cult. Murdered them all. Trying to take my shit, ha.

I threatened him and he said I wasn't worth the trouble lol.

Replicant

Is this true? I thought you had to break it down, doh.

Not quite. Junk you found on your travel, yes, you can just throw into the bench and they'll get scrapped automatically. Guns, armors, trees, rubbers, cars, some large steel structures, etc, you still have to scrap manually. Makes sense because you don't want the workshop to accidentally scrap your precious guns and armors stored in there as well. So you have to scrap those manually.

What I want to know is if there is a way to scrap gun mods. I've tried taking them out of my inventory and dropping them on the ground but I don't have the option to scrap them. I guess I can attach them on one of those lesser gun and sell them but I'd rather not go through the problem.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So I kill a legendary raider scumbag on a rickety wooden walkway over water, look down to pick up the gun he had. Before I even had a chance to hit x doge meat inexplicably runs out of nowhere knocking it into the water. What an asshole.

Top Bottom