• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I don't know if my game is glitched or whatever, but I never unlocked this balistic mod for armor. I ran out of DIA quests and all I get are these MILA ones people said don't matter.

Yeah, that happened to me too. I did a buttload of Railroad quests including all the DIA/MILA ones and Tinker Tom never mentioned the mod to me. I had to manually unlock it via the console.

So I kill a legendary raider scumbag on a rickety wooden walkway over water, look down to pick up the gun he had. Before I even had a chance to hit x doge meat inexplicably runs out of nowhere knocking it into the water. What an asshole.

Piper's stupid ass pushed someone into lava or some shit so that, once I killed him, I couldn't pick up what I needed from him so I had to kill myself and start over.

the shishkabob mission was fucking insane for me at level 11. I died so many times. This was me finally getting beating the mission. Can't believe this shit was a side mission.

Give it a watch!

This was it!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Haven't seen a Overlord yet. But it one shots everything I have seen.
I had to end up taking out my Fat Man and Power Armor for the first time since I was getting destroyed to pieces because I couldn't handle 8 Super Mutant Overlords and 2 Super Mutant Hounds on my own (They made a mockery of my Settlement's Defenses) so they are definitely a hard Enemy.

suEcide

In order to build a large generator it says I need a science rank of 1, but nothing shows up in my Perk chart. What am I missing here?

R0ckman

I kind of have a soft spot for Piper's general character, kind of reminds me of the girls I use to date. Not what I ended up marrying though lol, but most likely would be the kind that would end up traveling around with me in a wasteland.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
In order to build a large generator it says I need a science rank of 1, but nothing shows up in my Perk chart. What am I missing here?
Look up under Intelligence Rank 6 the Science! Perk should be there.

How many saves you keeping?

I just checked, my saved files equal to around 85 megabyte.

I've never deleted a save.

So bizarre that the size is so large.

And now it seems my Xbone is fucked. It will sit at the green splash screen loading from a hard reboot for 10 minutes. Chatting with MS now. If they expect me to pay for a Bethesda game killing my console they're about to lose a customer.

Yea Preston is bugged for me. All he says is "What do you need ma'am?" or "what do you need general?" But no actual options come up to have him join me/ talk or trade.

I had a weird glitch happen on one of my characters, it's actually pretty annoying. I ran from a combat encounter but the battle music has not stopped at all. Tried fast traveling, sleeping, quitting and reloading, nothing works. I've just turned music off at this point but I did like some of the songs so it's kind of a bummer. (I'm on PS4)

Guevara

Man, finally got a decent sniper rifle

story reward:
Reba II, from Salem.

So much more power. I guess I'm playing a sniper now!

jesu

I picked up the Overseers rifle, added some mods and am killing most things in 1-2 hits. Playing on Hard. Should I push it up to Very Hard?

Yeah I've got it modded out too and moved up to Very Hard last night.
I'm about 70 hours in.
Started on Hard, quickly went to Normal, back up to Hard not long after I got the Overseers Guardian.
On Very Hard enemies are still dying quite easy but I'm taking more damage now.

Ok. Playthrough 2 with Power Armor build right now. I just got a plasma rifle and guass rifle. I have too many guns. I have my Pipe Rifle for fodder. My never ending shotgun. My combat rifle. A Guass rifle. Plasma. And my Laser Rifle.

Does GAF like Lasers or Plasma rifles more? What about short vs long rifle? I tend to like the extra ammo myself.

Also, does anyone find that in VATS you tend to two shot enemies but when just playing the game like an FPS enemies eat way more shots? Is that because you're focusing on a specific area in VATS vs just dumping hits in to something?

jesu

People playing this on Xbone, what is your save file size? I ask because my console seems like it's been killed by Fallout. Not long ago I had an issue trying to load the game where it would freeze on the title screen. I could go back to home and move around the UI but couldn't load anything else. I solved this by deleting my installation, and removing the save off my console. Reinstalled, sync'd with the save from Live, it was good.

But I noticed my file save was huge, over 1GB IIRC. Well now the issue is happening again, and my save is almost 900MB in size. Whats strange is my sons is only like 118MB. Try to load, crash. Hard reboot... the system booted up as if it was the first time I'd ever used it. Next reboot, "Home failed to load". I deleted my save and tried to just sync again without deleting the installation, about 35 minutes of syncing got me nowhere. Never even started the progress bar for the sync.

Any other Xbone or console players experience this?

I've got 971MB worth of saves on my Xbox.Every one since I've started.
I'll delete loads of them tonight, don't want anything going wrong.

So I'm doing
airship down and the girl at the institute was like YEAH GO TO THE AIRPORT LET'S DO THIS so I fast traveled there and immediately 25 gatling lasers started unloading on me. I actually took a lot of guys out, but the framerate was so so bad I just died. Now I'm taking the relay and doing it right.

Oh yeah, and piper was there making little quips the whole time. If I sent her there and I'm no on good terms with them, is she stuck there forever?

huxley00

I'm also greatly amused that the most powerful military force (bar maybe the Institute) on the East Coast gets their asses handed to them by common raiders on a regular basis. I haven't gotten very far in the BoS storyline and I'm already leaning away from them based purely on how incompetent they seem to be.

It is pretty cool/impressive when a drop goes properly and they lay waste to a few Super Mutants, but then they ruin it by getting shot out of the sky by laser rifles or blown to bits by a super mutant suicide. I feel like they should have made Vertibirds near invincible and only had them swoop in, drop off troops from the air, and leave, rather than attempting to land and deploy like they do now.

Still, they look cool for the 10 seconds of flying they do before blowing up, especially when a radiation storm is rolling in.

Yeah, not really realistic. I mean, who can think of a recent time where people lacking superior technology are able to shoot down extremely high tech helicopters. Oh..wait, the entire middle east conflict :p

adamy

Banned
is it just me or do the radio stations suck compared to fo3 and nv?

i doubt i've found every station to listen to, but anyone like any of them?

don't think i've done the quest for it but not sure

It just makes the announcer a ton better. If you visit the station in Diamond City you should get a notice later that a person is looking to to talk to you about something and that starts the quest.

If you're specifically talking about the music I don't think that changes at all but I like quite a few of the songs on the station.

Xion_Stellar

It just makes the announcer a ton better. If you visit the station in Diamond City you should get a notice later that a person is looking to to talk to you about something and that starts the quest.

If you're specifically talking about the music I don't think that changes at all but I like quite a few of the songs on the station.
I think he's referring to the DJ were in Fallout 3 we had the awesome Three Dog,in New Vegas we had Mr.New Vegas voiced by Wayne Newton (Which made perfect sense for what Obsidian was referencing) and in Fallout 4 we have the generic white dude who's only association I have with so far is that he is/was a wimp. It's just not the same....

huxley00

After a dozen hours the game finally clicked. So much to discover, so much to do. So very addictive.

I had a similar experience. It took some time to adjust to the changes...but it still has a lot of really good content. Once I realized that I could largely ignore the town stuff, I was happier. The quests are as good as ever at least, that is the heart of the game.

I laughed so hard at this, apparently there is a scripted event in Goodneighbor that makes everyone go in front of the third rail and listen to Hancock give a speech.

Well, there is a fatman launcher and six mininukes at the weapon vendors place.

I stole everything while they were off listening to Hancock.

Just assaulted the Corvega building with Codsworth and a Bladed Tire Iron.

I fucking love this game.

I laughed so hard at this, apparently there is a scripted event in Goodneighbor that makes everyone go in front of the third rail and listen to Hancock give a speech.

Somehow I think he'd approve.

And now it seems my Xbone is fucked. It will sit at the green splash screen loading from a hard reboot for 10 minutes. Chatting with MS now. If they expect me to pay for a Bethesda game killing my console they're about to lose a customer.

Never deleting a save? There's a reason your savefile is so big. I keep 3 autosaves, a quicksave and three max. manual saves per character. Haven't even hit 100 megs.

And if your console is still in warranty, get it repaired. Odds are it's more of a system issue than this game somehow bricking your console.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any word of that 144hz monitor problem being fixed?

It's unlikely that there will ever be a fix. I don't think any of Bethesda's games run well with uncapped frame rates. At least I can get 72 fps out of this one before things start to break.

Faenix1

If you never deleted a save then you probably have a ton, right?

My friend says the game starts to take longer to save if you have a lot of them. Try deleting some maybe?

Zabuza

Banned
Lmao I can't believe how bad the main story quests were, for every faction too.

I've done everything but BoS, but I doubt it'll be any better. Just awful writing, characters, etc. Playing hero for 3 factions at once was maddening.

Thank god for Nick Valentine.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao I can't believe how bad the main story quests were, for every faction too.

I've done everything but BoS, but I doubt it'll be any better. Just awful writing, characters, etc. Playing hero for 3 factions at once was maddening.

Thank god for Nick Valentine.

It's not saying much, but I found it a hell of a lot more interesting and engaging than Fallout 3's main plot. I imagine a lot of that just has to do with the setting, which is much better realized this time around.

Melee survivor build with no fast travel. Im going to ditch any companions because I can't properly sneak anywhere

Companions are the worst for me. The lone wanderer perks are very good. I might just ditch Piper. I'm not sure the companion perks are worth the hassle of dragging them around and having them judge your every move.

Chitown B

end game question on "sides"

if I go with Brotherhood, and I'm at the Castle for a home base - will the Minutemen attack me when I go there to get stuff?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm... not feeling it. It's really like I'm replaying Fallout 3, even the tunes on the radio are the same. I guess I'll keep going with the main quest, which is starting to get more interesting (I like the cyborg detective). But getting a very strong sense of deja vu here.

Replicant

Yeah, I did that too. It doesn't matter the robot will have more Fatman to steal anyway later on. So it's not like he lost anything much. LOL

EDIT: Also, the robot is a closeted psycho who has plans to kill everyone in town. You can see this if you have enough time to hack the terminal after stealing all of the goods.

adamy

Banned
I'm... not feeling it. It's really like I'm replaying Fallout 3, even the tunes on the radio are the same. I guess I'll keep going with the main quest, which is starting to get more interesting (I like the cyborg detective). But getting a very strong sense of deja vu here.

one of my biggest complaints about fo3 is that he entire world looked all the fucking same

there was no diversity in the environment

it seemed like i just kept running through the same world copied and pasted over and over again

fo4 is better at avoiding that imo. also in fo3 combat outside of vats was soooo fucking broken it was pretty much unusable (especially true with firearms)

but on the other hand, fo3 did some things better. (more interesting characters, better radio stations, better dialogue options, etc)

i'm still not really sure how i feel about fo4. all i know is i keep playing it, which means something i think.

although i am tempted to try this on my next play through for some reason lol (posted earlier in thread)

Playing Fallout 4 without ever leaving Sanctuary
http://www.pcgamer.com/playing-fallout-4-without-ever-leaving-sanctuary/

This game can be crazy at times. A damn skeleton just randomly fell out of the sky next to me.

giphy.gif

R0ckman

Christ.

Just double dipped so I now have this on Xbox One AND Playstation 4.

About to do the same, about to get the PC version on steam. Already have it on PS4, but I want to have a file where I can have a little more fun with mods. Might as well do the order now.

Xbox One controller okay for the PC version?

So in that comic book store i found the
Silver Shroud
costume and i really dig it. But in terms of defense it's absolutely terrible compared to my other outfit that consisted of a BOS suit with armor pieces, overall i have a 90 next to the shield icon, the other outfit barely reaches 20 i believe.

Is it possible with perks to make that outfit just as strong? So that i can just keep wearing that for the rest of the game if i wanted to? Or do those armorer perks only count for armor pieces?

hydruxo

So in that comic book store i found the
Silver Shroud
costume and i really dig it. But in terms of defense it's absolutely terrible compared to my other outfit that consisted of a BOS suit with armor pieces, overall i have a 90 next to the shield icon, the other outfit barely reaches 20 i believe.

Is it possible with perks to make that outfit just as strong? So that i can just keep wearing that for the rest of the game if i wanted to? Or do those armorer perks only count for armor pieces?

Yes. After you complete the Silver Shroud quest and
you save Kent at the very end, he upgrades the Silver Shroud costume into armor at levels 25, 35 and 45. Once you hit each one of those levels, you just turn on your radio to Silver Shroud radio when you're in / nearby Goodneighbor and he'll tell you to come see him.

Top Bottom