• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

BLunted

Banned
but you can't reset your tags or the ones you don't need anymore of because I obviously DON'T NEED MORE ALUMINUM BETHESDA GODDAMMIT

If you are in the build menu/crafting menu, and have all the mats for what you are trying to craft, hit the tag button and it will untag them. At least that is how I do it.

ISOM

Man I'm level 26 and I haven't even gotten close to Diamond City yet. The sidequests while I'm on my journey there keep distracting me lol. Is this good or bad?

GhaleonEB

Couple questions.

Is the location of the Mega Surgery Center supposed to be secret? Finding it is my next step for The Disappearing Act but it won't mark on my map, so I don't know where to go.

Do I have to join the Brotherhood of Steel to do the Shadow of Steel quest? I don't want to join them (I'd be okay with killing them though) but that's all Danse will talk about when I go to him to kick off the quest.

Just did the Cambridge Polymer Labs quest, which was the most inventive and entertaining quest in the game so far.
The job interview. The office tour. The hilarious "slide show". Molly. Goddamn Molly. Exploring the compound, reading about what happened, figuring out the experiment. Getting the armor.
Great example of good writing and non-directed quest steps, with a worthwhile reward. I hope there are more gems like this out there.

Replicant

Couple questions.

Is the location of the Mega Surgery Center supposed to be secret? Finding it is my next step for The Disappearing Act but it won't mark on my map, so I don't know where to go.

The only reason I knew the location was because I had plastic surgery before that mission ha ha ha...

The Mega Surgery Centre is in the basement but the guy you're looking for is actually hiding in other nearby basement. Both basements can be unlocked during the mission by force or by asking the other doctor, the GP to give you the key. You can either use charisma but I was just being honest why I wanted the key and he gave it to me

Is it worth it to try and recruit level 4 merchants with how buggy and glitchy some of them are right now on consoles? Are the actual weapons and armor worth it? Has anybody successfully recruited them without the need for console commands?

munchie64

I found some doctor near Sanctuary and sent her there. Now I can't find her and can't remember her name so I could find out more (like console commands or whatever).

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Is it worth it to try and recruit level 4 merchants with how buggy and glitchy some of them are right now on consoles? Are the actual weapons and armor worth it? Has anybody successfully recruited them without the need for console commands?

I found and recruited three and only one of them actually showed up at my settlement, the other two are probably lying dead in a ditch somewhere.

Even worse, the guy who actually did make it insists on rattling off the same two lines of dialog again before even giving me the barter window.

I found some doctor near Sanctuary and sent her there. Now I can't find her and can't remember her name so I could find out more (like console commands or whatever).

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Doc Anderson? Post above you. They're glitched, the lot of them.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
(Spoiler for an encounter in the hotel in Goodneighbour).

The only Level 4 merchant that actually showed up was the
Vault Tec Rep
, probably because you can send him to Santuary without any prerequisites or assigning him to a store.

I found and recruited three and only one of them actually showed up at my settlement, the other two are probably lying dead in a ditch somewhere.

Even worse, the guy who actually did make it insists on rattling off the same two lines of dialog again before even giving me the barter window.

Oh wow, that's unfortunate :( I guess I'll read the wiki, watch more videos, and read more guides on how to successfully keep them alive or not glitched :/

Yeah that merchant I have already but I can't assign him to anything. It's so annoying. I believe I have already messed up a few other merchants already judging from a video I watched.

Oh wow, that's unfortunate :( I guess I'll read the wiki, watch more videos, and read more guides on how to successfully keep them alive or not glitched :/

Yeah that merchant I have already but I can't assign him to anything. It's so annoying. I believe I have already messed up a few other merchants already judging from a video I watched.

What worked for me was selecting another settlement for him to move to. He'll start walking away, and while he's doing that you can assign him to the trading stand. He'll start using it then.Very strange.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Finished the campaign, siding with
The Railroad
. Final missions were extremely fun, and the legendary assaultron in the FEV lab was like fighting the terminator, up to and including a torso dragging itself around by the arms.

Only letdown in the game was the minutemen stuff. Besides being tedious, it does not appear they play the role I was hoping they would, which was to be a fail safe along the lines of the Yes Man in New Vegas. It helps to keep your level progression going, and I stopped at precisely the right time seeing as the final two missions put me up to level 49. But there is stuff in the game that is harder to stumble across and is far better.

Amazing game overall. Combat was always fun, and the environments were light years beyond Fallout 3. Looking forward to seeing how the final parts of the game play out with the other groups, and forcing my way into the insane asylum. Cannot wait to see what the expansions are about.

Finished the campaign, siding with
The Railroad
. Final missions were extremely fun, and the legendary assaultron in the FEV lab was like fighting the terminator, up to and including a torso dragging itself around by the arms.

Only letdown in the game was the minutemen stuff. Besides being tedious, it does not appear they play the role I was hoping they would, which was to be a fail safe along the lines of the Yes Man in New Vegas. It helps to keep your level progression going, and I stopped at precisely the right time seeing as the final two missions put me up to level 49. But there is stuff in the game that is harder to stumble across and is far better.

Amazing game overall. Combat was always fun, and the environments were light years beyond Fallout 3. Looking forward to seeing how the final parts of the game play out with the other groups, and forcing my way into the insane asylum. Cannot wait to see what the expansions are about.

If you play your cards just right, they are. Need to be creative in how you finish some quests, though.

Found a bug i could reproduce. I was trying to find clean army fatigues i thought i had given to my two guards in sanctuary. For some reason under armor or other regular clothes dont appear on an npc if they are wearing them. So unless theres something i overlooked i typically trade my settlers something else to wear so that they unequip whatever they had on before. Well i did this with a set of dirty army fatigued and i guess the game didnt like that and it crashed my game. Tried it again and it crashed again. Then i tried giving them a harness and i successfully unequipped their dirty army fatigues they had. So since he didnt have them i tried the other guard and the same thing happened. Tried the harness again and he was also wearing dirty army fatigues. So i guess the game at least when it comes to the dirty army fatigues doesnt like it when you try to equip them on settlers when they already wearing them. I didnt try this with other clothing though. Was gonna see if the same thing happened later today.

Hahs

Real talk, Sixty Minute Man is about straight up fuckin', correct?
After listening and reading the actual lyrics, I'd say that's a safe yet gauche way of putting it

Lyric excerpts:

15min of kissing...
15min of teasing...
15min of squeezing...
15min of blowing my top (background guys: 'pop! pop! pop!')

And that was back in 1950 - yikes!

thenexus6

I have like 12 quests activate at the moment and at least 9 of them are endless fetch quests ugh. Can I hide them or move them into a folder or something?

Faenix1

when you up your strength, how much added carrying weight is added? I only put two points into and now that I have some points to spend I kinda want more carrying weight

It's a bug but if you want some extra weight + a companion as a mule then bring your dog and get the Lone Wanderer perk.

Got that at level 1, Armour modded to each piece gives me +10, and 10 str and I have like 480 capacity or something. Good times.

My friends been trying on X1 for hours now and has yet to get it work. It's not worth it trying till they fix it, which I seriously hope they do in the first patch.

Man I'm level 26 and I haven't even gotten close to Diamond City yet. The sidequests while I'm on my journey there keep distracting me lol. Is this good or bad?

Know that feeling. In my 30s, over 2 days worth of game time some how, and I've yet to advance the main quest outside Diamond City. I've only really entered the place for thr trophy, the surgeon to change appearance, and Piper. lol

Eugh, seems that if you spend too long without taking a Minutemen mission, Preston just gives you one anyway

Pain in the arse if you wanna keep a clear active Quest Log

After listening and reading the actual lyrics, I'd say that's a safe yet gauche way of putting it

Lyric excerpts:

15min of kissing...
15min of teasing...
15min of squeezing...
15min of blowing my top (background guys: 'pop! pop! pop!')

And that was back in 1950 - yikes!

For the longest time I thought the first line in "A Wonderful Guy" was "I'm as horny as Kansas in August."

it's "corny."

rpUCcmx.jpg

That's what I have. Because if it doesn't have unlimited ammo, then I'm gonna switch to my shotgun with explosive ammo.

Quonny

No ammo required for melee.

Come join the party. We have amazing criticals (blessed Gragnok), teleportation (based Blitz), and can knock people's heads across the world (based Big Leagues).

Watevaman

Man, I'm at level 42 but every level up is now a damn gamble in terms of choosing a new perk. I have pretty much all the ones I want, but then there's also the lockpick/hacking ones that I never took on because I carried Nick around. I want to get rid of his ass now but I'll miss out on hacking all those terminals.

Quonny

Man, I'm at level 42 but every level up is now a damn gamble in terms of choosing a new perk. I have pretty much all the ones I want, but then there's also the lockpick/hacking ones that I never took on because I carried Nick around. I want to get rid of his ass now but I'll miss out on hacking all those terminals.

At a certain point, depending on your build, you just run out of things to put points into. I'm level 42 and there are like 2 more VATS perks I want but they require a higher level, so I just put it into lockpicking and hacking, along with some medic.

It was about making myself stronger, now it's about making myself less bothered by the game's systems.

Fucking Bethesda. I'm uninstalling the game right now.

Nah. Kinda dumb in the wording. Guess I'll switch shotguns when I get home.

It's still a really good gun to use/have. I run around in Power Armor and not having to reload is great since I don't use VATs much. Plus, being able to just shotgun over and over again never gets old. Just make sure you restock on ammo often and you're fine.

Top Bottom