• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Hahs

For the longest time I thought the first line in "A Wonderful Guy" was "I'm as horny as Kansas in August."

it's "corny."
ha! I thought the same thing too; like - this is what folks were listening to 60 years ago?!

A majority of those songs have really good lyrics though.

SaberVulcan

No ammo required for melee.

Come join the party. We have amazing criticals (blessed Gragnok), teleportation (based Blitz), and can knock people's heads across the world (based Big Leagues).

^^^^^^^^^

Just curious, what melee weapon(s) are you(and any other melee lovers) utilizing?

I was using Grognak's Axe for quite a while... found it around level 12 or so. Then I found this beast and it is still carrying me at level 61.

Quonny

^^^^^^^^^

Just curious, what melee weapon(s) are you(and any other melee lovers) utilizing?

I was using Grognak's Axe for quite a while... found it around level 12 or so. Then I found this beast and it is still carrying me at level 61.

Rockville Slugger, fully upgraded. Does like 140 damage and has 40% less AP cost. Even weapons that do more damage aren't as good because you can swing that thing like 9 times in VATS and get a ton of criticals. With Grognak + perks you can one-shot almost any enemy even on Very Hard with a critical.

N° 2048

Now take it to the extreme - walking only. =)

haha imagine that.

It's probably not the best thing to do for a person like me who is the most impatient ever when it comes to video games lol.

My problem with not using fast travel is, that I easily got distracted.
I usually end up doing new quests and clearing new dungeons instead of focusing on my original destination.

Pretty much the point :)

Honestly something amazing about a game that can distract you so much. I set out to do The Lost Patrol and it turned into 5 hours of just exploring with the last 30 min actually being the quest rofl

Got a lot of nice loot (another Nuka Quantum and Jangles for my pad) and a set a Power Armor. Also a ton of XP :p

Sitting on 4 perk points and can't decide what I want to do with them.

Fuck this game guys, it's amazing and perfect in my eyes. Fallout <3

Beefy

Having a shotgun that sets people on firer lags the game out bad.

I now have the X-01 mk 6 Power armour now. Time to use some of my 152 power cores.

Jintor

do companions use fusion cores in power armour? I'm kinda getting the feeling it'd just be sick to run around with dudes in power armour all the time.

i'm getting pretty sick of these fucking radiant quests and my sense of exploration is dulling so i think i'm gonna go ahead and start advancing the main story

N° 2048

do companions use fusion cores in power armour? I'm kinda getting the feeling it'd just be sick to run around with dudes in power armour all the time.

i'm getting pretty sick of these fucking radiant quests and my sense of exploration is dulling so i think i'm gonna go ahead and start advancing the main story

They don't use cores. That's why Piper is my Power Armor holder basically atm.

Fury451

Banned
Nice! How do I get a companion to use power armor?

Command (initiate by clicking or pressing x on her), then just point to Armor and it should give her the option to "go". Sometimes she'll hijack it if you step out of it and leave it hanging around when combat starts lol.

To get her out, initiate talk and there's an option to ask her to step out.

N° 2048

Edit: And how do you get them to leave power armor once in it?

Start a convo (X on PS4) and hit Talk then one of the Options will be "Leave Power Armor"

to get them in, command them as normal. Just put your cursor over the Power Armor (move back a bit or it won't show the option, don't be right in front of the Power Armor)

Beefy

Edit: And how do you get them to leave power armor once in it?

Talk to them and you will have the option, but sometimes they bug out. Preston has been in a set of power armour for ages now as there is now get out option.

Command, then point "go" to Armor. Sometimes she'll hijack it if you step out of it and leave it hanging around when combat starts lol.

To get her out, initiate talk and there's an option to ask her to step out.

Talk to them and you will have the option, but sometimes they bug out. Preston has been in a set of power armour for ages now as there is now get out option.

Start a convo (X on PS4) and hit Talk then one of the Options will be "Leave Power Armor"

to get them in, command them as normal. Just put your cursor over the Power Armor (move back a bit or it won't show the option, don't be right in front of the Power Armor)

Awesome. Thanks. Now all I need is these companions to give me their perks quickly so I can get back to using Lone Wanderer. I feel like a walking tank with that and Power Armor. I need it. I need that feeling. When I am with a companion I feel like I am taking WAY more damage than I should in Power Armor.

CloudWolf

I completed Institutionalized but no achievement pop. Anyone else have this issue?
Yeah, I'm missing about ten achievements I should have. Five story achievements and a few others (lockpick 50 locks, hack 50 computers, kill 5 big enemies). Interestingly, Institutionalized was the quest after which my Xbox One decided to give me achievements again.

1. The End of the World
2. The Wanderer
3. Sixty Minute Man
4. Undecided
5. Civilization

All the songs are fantastic though. :)

Can I complete the quest Blind Betrayal without/before actually siding with the Brotherhood?

It's still a really good gun to use/have. I run around in Power Armor and not having to reload is great since I don't use VATs much. Plus, being able to just shotgun over and over again never gets old. Just make sure you restock on ammo often and you're fine.
I prefer sneaking/sniper rifle. I just have a shotgun for when people get too close.

Yeah, it's kind of deceiving. All that means is you never have to reload, which is convenient but not the "fuck yeah unlimited ammo!" gamebreaker that it initially seems.

If we were limited to 10/20 round magazines, then it would be moderately useful. When that same weapon can take a 32 round quick-loading drum as a mod (and most things don't survive anywhere near than many rounds)... it's not so good.

Aces&Eights

Couple questions.

Is the location of the Mega Surgery Center supposed to be secret? Finding it is my next step for The Disappearing Act but it won't mark on my map, so I don't know where to go.

Do I have to join the Brotherhood of Steel to do the Shadow of Steel quest? I don't want to join them (I'd be okay with killing them though) but that's all Danse will talk about when I go to him to kick off the quest.

Just did the Cambridge Polymer Labs quest, which was the most inventive and entertaining quest in the game so far.
The job interview. The office tour. The hilarious "slide show". Molly. Goddamn Molly. Exploring the compound, reading about what happened, figuring out the experiment. Getting the armor.
Great example of good writing and non-directed quest steps, with a worthwhile reward. I hope there are more gems like this out there.

I just did this one last night and it is quests like this that puts fallout 4 above the others for me. Rather than just go in and clear building 623, I got to follow a cool story, do a little bit of puzzle solving and got a cool reward.

So, I'm on the
glowing sea
quest but have not started it. I'm level 36 and just can't stop doing side quests. How far am I into the main story? I think I really need to get back in track here.

Is the idea (in the fiction) that the songs we're listening to are from the actual 1940s and 50s, and for whatever reason no music recorded between ~1965 and 2077 is available, or is it that those songs could be from any time within that period because that style of music remained dominant in the culture?

Finally got around to finding / fighting the
mirelurk queen
last night.
As soon as i noticed the skull next to the name i popped all the different cems i had, including the
mysterious serum
then basically one shotted her with my shotgun.

All in all it was a bit anticlimactic. Ahh well, im still enjoying the game.

What level does X-01 Power Armor start showing up? I know there is a full suit of armor in the 35 building east of Diamond City, but I don't want to load that cell until I'm sure I can get it and not another T-60.

I'm level 29.

Is the idea (in the fiction) that the songs we're listening to are from the actual 1940s and 50s, and for whatever reason no music recorded between ~1965 and 2077 is available, or is it that those songs could be from any time within that period because that style of music remained dominant in the culture?
I think the explanation in 3 was "these were the only tapes we could find".

Hahs

Ok - so my take:

Yes - these songs are from 30's, 40's, and late 50's (for the most part).

In the lore of FO4 they are from 2077. Since the world was destroyed in 2077, 210 years later the music has still survived, and is probably the only music available or found.

IN REAL LIFE: This is basically how people from 60 years ago envisioned how the future would look today - it's called "retro-futurism"

You could see it as a really, really, really, slow progression of where we are today.

What level does X-01 Power Armor start showing up? I know there is a full suit of armor in the 35 building east of Diamond City, but I don't want to load that cell until I'm sure I can get it and not another T-60.

I'm level 29.

Here's what I did at level 28:

Hard save in my main base

Crank the difficulty up to Survival

Go to Tower 35

The armor showed T-60, but was actually the X-01. Before I got in it I could see in the menu it was X-01. I got in and the actual mesh changed to the X-01 suit.

Returned to main base and returned difficulty to preferred setting.

Done.

Matush

Is there any benefit to play on higher difficulties other than challenge? Do I get more XP for killing enemies etc.?

Ok - so my take:

Yes - these songs are from 30's, 40's, and late 50's (for the most part).

In the lore of FO4 they are from 2077. Since the world was destroyed in 2077, 210 years later the music has still survived, and is probably the only music available or found.

IN REAL LIFE: This is basically how people from 60 years ago envisioned how the future would look today - it's called "retro-futurism"

You could see it as a really, really, really, slow progression of where we are today.

Divergence didn't occur before the 60's, though. So these artists were alive before that. In-universe, these are still songs from the 30's, 40's and 50's.

R0ckman

After listening and reading the actual lyrics, I'd say that's a safe yet gauche way of putting it

Lyric excerpts:

15min of kissing...
15min of teasing...
15min of squeezing...
15min of blowing my top (background guys: 'pop! pop! pop!')

And that was back in 1950 - yikes!

From what I've been researching in history things have always been pretty "bleh" or unchaste behind the scenes. Keep in mind there was no internet so what was propagated to the masses via media in those times could really give the illusion of anything, what was on 1950s TV and media was an idealization. The internet really changed everything, I'm certain there are certain people who regret it being embraced and completely free to access in many places.

B_Bech

Just curious, but is there a way to steal a power armor frame off the enemies you fight? I freaking love power armor and I want to arm my guards up with suits. I'm also desperate for fusion cores. Things are so damn rare. Trying to get the perk to make them last longer, but I see my beautiful suit waiting for me and pine for it.

R0ckman

Just curious, but is there a way to steal a power armor frame off the enemies you fight? I freaking love power armor and I want to arm my guards up with suits. I'm also desperate for fusion cores. Things are so damn rare. Trying to get the perk to make them last longer, but I see my beautiful suit waiting for me and pine for it.

They aren't rare, I have hundreds on the PS4 version, you can buy them, find them in most of the dungeons etc.

By pick pocketing their fusion core.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

I do not think it clearly stated as that...but they do say that because science advanced so fast and became the dominant force, culture was taken to the backside and thus became stagnant.

R0ckman

Did anyone know that partners can actually break up with you? Did not know that. I think its if you continue to do stupid things in there presence after a while they'll ask to talk to you to break it off.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Did anyone know that partners can actually break up with you? Did not know that. I think its if you continue to do stupid things in there presence after a while they'll ask to talk to you to break it off.

Not at all. If you're doing things that are obviously against what they believe it makes sense.

Top Bottom