• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I was watching a stream for this and she had a massive axe she was using to decapitate people. She walked up to a dilapidated door and the character goes "I don't think I can pick this lock."

-__-

I dunno... just to me... in 2015... with one of the biggest franchises in the industry... I kinda expect destructible wooden doors.

N° 2048

I was watching a stream for this and she had a massive axe she was using to decapitate people. She walked up to a dilapidated door and the character goes "I don't think I can pick this lock."

-__-

I dunno... just to me... in 2015... with one of the biggest franchises in the industry... I kinda expect destructible wooden doors.

d2e.jpg

There's one in Fallout 4 but I lost the pic.

rofl

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They aren't rare, I have hundreds on the PS4 version, you can buy them, find them in most of the dungeons etc.

Agreed. They are everywhere. The game makes you think they are rare and there are even guides on how to find them, but they are also available from most vendors and their stock gets replenished.

Red Hood

Banned
Guys, I have a question regarding the PC version. Does it require you to directly register the game to be able to play, or can I just play offline/straight from the disc without entering the code? I was planning on maybe selling it whenever I'm done for a quick buck, but of course that wouldn't be possible if it requires you to register the game on Steam from the get go.

Hahs

Divergence didn't occur before the 60's, though. So these artists were alive before that. In-universe, these are still songs from the 30's, 40's and 50's.
Not sure I follow what you mean by divergence, but I can add another perspective:

In-universe, these artists are all dead because 210 years have passed ( I think we all get that bit), but in 2077 - why wouldn't these artists be alive (in-universe - assuming they're all healthy)? The world obviously existed before 2077 - no later than 2057 would these songs have been around (assuming 2077 is our equivalent of the 1950 era).

...again not sure what you mean by divergence - I could be totally wrong on this POV.

Guys, I have a question regarding the PC version. Does it require you to directly register the game to be able to play, or can I just play offline/straight from the disc without entering the code? I was planning on maybe selling it whenever I'm done for a quick buck, but of course that wouldn't be possible if it requires you to register the game on Steam from the get go.

Steam only. Even after installing from disc I had to download another 10gb or something.

Anyone know where I can find a pistol or gun with a silencer attached? Don't have the gun nut perk cause I'm rocking ultra low intelligence, but I really want a silenced weapon.

Watevaman

I wish FO4 had some kind of faction camo or something. Like if I'm walking around in a full suit of raider armor I would like if they didn't shoot on sight. Not that I can't slaughter any raider I come across at this point, but it'd be cool to have that much more immersion.

Anyone know where I can find a pistol or gun with a silencer attached? Don't have the gun nut perk cause I'm rocking ultra low intelligence, but I really want a silenced weapon.

You can get a guaranteed unique one through the Railroad questline (and you get it before you get locked into a faction). Regular silenced guns start showing up more at higher levels also, from what I've seen.

Not sure I follow what you mean by divergence, but I can add another perspective:

In-universe, these artists are all dead because 210 years have passed ( I think we all get that bit), but in 2077 - why wouldn't these artists be alive (in-universe - assuming they're all healthy)? The world obviously existed before 2077 - no later than 2057 would these songs have been around (assuming 2077 is our equivalent of the 1950 era).

...again not sure what you mean by divergence - I could be totally wrong on this POV.

Our universe and the Fallout universe didn't diverge from eachother until the late 1950's. That's why the opening of the game talks about real-world events, like the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At some point, differences start to appear, but even then there's never a clean line where the two diverge. In our world, Yuri Gagarin was the first human being in outer space. In the Fallout world, it was Carl Bell. Other things stay the same, like the Hippie movement appearing during the '60's.

So the artists who recorded those songs were alive during the 1940's, 50's and 60's, both in our world and in the Fallout world. Their 2077 isn't our 1950's, because in the 1950's we didn't have Power Armor, sentient robots or nuclear-fueled cars either. Their 2077 is our 2077, just radically different.

Red Hood

Banned
Steam only. Even after installing from disc I had to download another 10gb or something.

So there's no reason to go physical at all besides being able to look at the cover? Regardless you have to use the register code to download a portion of it?

That's too bad, thanks for the reply.

Hahs

Our universe and the Fallout universe didn't diverge from eachother until the late 1950's. That's why the opening of the game talks about real-world events, like the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At some point, differences start to appear, but even then there's never a clean line where the two diverge. In our world, Yuri Gagarin was the first human being in outer space. In the Fallout world, it was Carl Bell. Other things stay the same, like the Hippie movement appearing during the '60's.

So the artists who recorded those songs were alive during the 1940's, 50's and 60's, both in our world and in the Fallout world. Their 2077 isn't our 1950's, because in the 1950's we didn't have Power Armor, sentient robots or nuclear-fueled cars either. Their 2077 is our 2077, just radically different.
Gotcha! - totally clears up a lot of obvious misconceptions I've been having about the timeline, and i totally remember seeing/hearing/reading about that - thanks for the schooling ;)

Grisby

Finally decided to go to Diamond City after 10 something hours (more?) of exploring the wasteland.

Oh man. People. Talking. I already love Piper.

Couple impressions:
+Love the color. After coming off of FO Vegas this is like a refresher for the eyes.
+Lighting makes the game
+Gunplay feels a lot more solid
+Ambient music is really good

-Framerate is not so great on PS4 when in firefights and exploring a lot of areas.
-After coming off of Vegas, the dialog options are really, really, slim.
-Although the lighting is good, I don't feel like the game deserves to run so bad in some areas with what it is presenting. I know, it's due to all of the under the hood stuff, but coming off of something like Witcher 3, man the character models especially are just plain.

R0ckman

Eh, I don't know, I agree with people about the story going downhill after
you enter the institute. It feels like Bethesda used the fact that the Father is your son as the only way to get you to potentially side with them. I played the game as a dad out for revenge, he gets out of the vault and sees what the institute has done, that they have only caused more chaos above ground. He has teamed up with people like the minute men and have seen people survive and work together despite all odds. You get down into the Institute find your son and he basically just got brainwashed into a cult dedicated to experiments in perfecting humanity, he may as well have been kidnapped by the Sons of Atom imo. My character has no option but to burn down the institute and destroy his son, it feels lame. In my next play-through I will be a bit more reasonable when I meet him but still destroy them eventually.

Gotcha! - totally clears up a lot of obvious misconceptions I've been having about the timeline, and i totally remember seeing/hearing/reading about that - thanks for the schooling ;)
1947 was the point of divergence when the transistor was not invented in the Fallout world. This prevented the miniaturization of electronics. It wasn't invented until the 2060s and was only beginning to be utilized to make microchips when the bombs fell.

1947 was the point of divergence when the transistor was not invented in the Fallout world. This prevented the miniaturization of electronics. It wasn't invented until the 2060s and was only beginning to be utilized to make microchips when the bombs fell.

Pretty much. And even that's not the hard line of divergence, because we still had things like the hippies or Frank Sinatra's later recordings happen.

Mahonay

Banned
At level 43-44 now and I've finally been getting some top tier drops. Last night I suddenly had two legendary plasma sniper rifles in a row drop from a couple legendary ghouls.

I also started bringing MacCready with me as a companion for the first time. I fucking love MacCready.

lol we JUST answered that above your post. No, they don't :)

but they use ammo -.-

so apparently, if you leave the fusion core in the suit while they are in it, it still doesn't use up the fuel from it.

i ran around and did alot of stuff with Piper in it, and the core was the same when I got back in it

R0ckman

At level 43-44 now and I've finally been getting some top tier drops. Last night I suddenly had two legendary plasma sniper rifles in a row drop from a couple legendary ghouls.

I also started bringing MacCready with me as a companion for the first time. I fucking love MacCready.

Funny, most people don't. Was on another forum and people were lamenting over the fact that you could not kill him. I actually thought he was a legitimate joke character because I thought his personality was so bad and that he was thrown in the corner of some town.

Mahonay

Banned
Finally decided to go to Diamond City after 10 something hours (more?) of exploring the wasteland.

Oh man. People. Talking. I already love Piper.

Couple impressions:
+Love the color. After coming off of FO Vegas this is like a refresher for the eyes.
+Lighting makes the game
+Gunplay feels a lot more solid
+Ambient music is really good

-Framerate is not so great on PS4 when in firefights and exploring a lot of areas.
-After coming off of Vegas, the dialog options are really, really, slim.
-Although the lighting is good, I don't feel like the game deserves to run so bad in some areas with what it is presenting. I know, it's due to all of the under the hood stuff, but coming off of something like Witcher 3, man the character models especially are just plain.
Game runs like hot fucking garbage on the PS4 once you get deep downtown, especially around Goodneighbor. I think the volumetric lighting along with the smoke effects just brings the whole thing to a crawl. Lots of super mutant and raider encampments close together around there too which adds to issue.

Love the lighting and weather effects, creates an incredible atmosphere. I just wish they had optimized it better.

Mahonay

Banned
Funny, most people don't. Was on another forum and people were lamenting over the fact that you could not kill him. I actually thought he was a legitimate joke character because I thought his personality was so bad and that he was thrown in the corner of some town.
He's a complete ass which is the total opposite of Nick who I've been rolling with most of the game. I dunno, him doing things like sarcastically mocking the ghouls after he kills them made me laugh. I only started using him last night, so he might start annoying me soon enough. Nick is still by far my favorite.

The reason I switched to MacCready is for the VATS headshot accuracy perk you get from him. Also appearently there's a bug where it gives you way more accuracy than it's supposed to.. Something like 95 percent instead of the intended 20 percent.

Butcher Pete is about a Sex Nympho, who sexed any, and everything

a super sex nympho, cause even in jail, he was chopping the guy's meat

with that said theres one song, forgot the name of it, but I swear the guy says "The Stars the Shittiest" or "The Cars the shittiest"

it's the one where he sings "singing my song of loneliness". It was in fallout 3 and new vegas as well.

He's a complete ass which is the total opposite of Nick who I've been rolling with most of the game. I dunno, him doing things like sarcastically mocking the ghouls after he kills them made me laugh. I only started using him last night, so he might start annoying me soon enough. Nick is still by far my favorite.

The reason I switched to MacCready is for the VATS headshot accuracy perk you get from him. Also appearently there's a bug where it gives you way more accuracy than it's supposed to.. Something like 95 percent instead of the intended 20 percent.

2000%

DeaviL

Banned
a super sex nympho, cause even in jail, he was chopping the guy's meat

with that said theres one song, forgot the name of it, but I swear the guy says "The Stars the Shittiest" or "The Cars the shittiest"

it's the one where he sings "singing my song of loneliness". It was in fallout 3 and new vegas as well.

Way back home.

Also Stars the shootiest, and no cars mentioned.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I didn't realize that MacReady and Maxson were both in Fallout 3, although I did recognize Madison Li until after I read their wiki bios.

Any other characters/references that I missed?

R0ckman

I noticed that enemies can randomly generate while you are in a location. I was in Super Duper Mart fighting a couple ghoul for a quest and 2 ghouls quickly materialized out of thin air, and I don't mean they crawled through a window or hole, they actually just appeared right in front of me.

Mahonay

Banned
I noticed that enemies can randomly generate while you are in a location. I was in Super Duper Mart fighting a couple ghoul for a quest and 2 ghouls quickly materialized out of thin air, and I don't mean they crawled through a window or hole, they actually just appeared right in front of me.
Happened to me last night. Couple of ghouls materialized behind me after I just cleared that corridor out about 10 seconds before.

Kssio_Aug

I'm 34 hours in (Xbox One) after spending 10 hours with the PC version.

The game is really awesome, but now I just want to finish it! lol

The problem is, I'm kind of lost in the story mode now... I already gained access
to the Institute
, but now I don't know exactly what to do. The last mission I did was the one to take the castle in the Minuteman faction.

I believe, from all the factions, the one I want to join in is the Minuteman. So, to finish the game I just keep doing his missions or what?

Hahs

...and people say the writing is bad - this is great lore IMO.

Top Bottom